Photo

Star Wars Movies and Disney Fanfiction Thread

• Please log in to reply
2164 replies to this topic

Poll: Star Wars

What's a cool spaceship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#2161 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,978 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:45 PM

Matt Smith and Dominic Monaghan in Episode IX. Picture unrelated:

maxresdefault.jpg

Also, if anyone has any energy left to listen to more hot takes on The Last Jedi, Mr Plinkett's video is out:

#2162 Patriot 96

Patriot 96

Lego fan

• Nova Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:09 PM

So as improbable as this sounds, what if we could see some new factions in IX. Here's a few I've come up with:

—Supreme Leader Kylo Ren's FO: The First Order troops loyal to Kylo Ren, led by his Knights of Ren. This faction is supplemented by some form of Clone army and is based around Vader's Castle.

—Some sort of renegade First Order that hates Kylo Ren and plots his downfall

—The New Republic: the few planets that survive the invasions by the First Order are unified with the Resistance leadership, they wage a more conventional war against the First Order

—Some form of unified Scum and Villainy faction dedicated to keeping criminals free of both the First Order and the Republic.

—A non-First Order Imperial Remnant, perhaps the Empire of the Hand.

EDIT: And because no one's mentioning it, Bob Iger of Disney came out and said they're slowing down Star Wars movies. I have mixed feelings about his announcement. On the one hand he took responsibility for Star Wars failing, which is something we haven't seen before from Star Wars execs. On the other hand they're not making as many anthology films which were some of the better Star Wars films in my opinion. They certainly were our best chance at getting familiar characters and/or settings.

#2163 Ocelot

Ocelot

Pull my Devil Trigger

• 7,978 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 11:12 PM

I think those first three are pretty good bets. We already saw Hux ready to merc Kylo at the end of TLJ when he sensed a moment of weakness, so there's definitely going to be an anti-Kylo faction. I can also see the Resistabellion rallying during the time skip and coming up with enough of a fleet for a big ol' space battle at the end.

And, yeah, it's nice to see a big Disney exec admitting fault with the "a new Star Wars every year!" plan that basically everyone in the real world saw the problem with from moment one. I'm sure they'll keep playing with it until they dial in the right balance of Star Wars movies to money. They'll finish this trilogy at the end of 2019 and hopefully do a few years of anthology stuff (perfect time for the Ewan McGregor Obi Wan movie), and then when the hype starts to wane again they can announce the next numbered trilogy.

On a related note, Kathleen Kennedy just had her contract extended for another three years. And, to my unceasing dismay, Youtube's inscrutable algorithm is still trying to get me to watch that one Youtube essay about TLJ being a 'complete cinematic failure' (the one with Admiral Holdo in the thumbnail photoshopped to look like she's smirking at her own movie). I'm never going to watch it, Youtube! Give up already.

#2164 Patriot 96

Patriot 96

Lego fan

• Nova Member
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:20 AM

I just hope they still release anthology movies. Solo may have bombed, but I really enjoyed it. Plus Ewan McGregor in an Obi Wan spin-off is a must.

#2165 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,181 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:06 PM

So apparently theres going to be a series called The Mandalorian and here's the first set picture.

https://www.reddit.c...=reddit-android

lWZ8e6F.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users