5 replies to this topic

#1 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:00 AM

Hey folks!

Got some LEGO related news. While it may not be TLG related, I was notified by email that BrickForge will be closing in the next couple of months. After 13 years of business, it appears as though we will be losing yet another vendor. 

So pour one out, press F to pay respects, say your last words, and buy up anything that you want that's left!

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Lord_Klaus

Lord_Klaus

Thou art on yon naughty list, I hast checked twice.

• 1,456 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:25 AM

A tragedy, to be sure, though now I realize there was precedent.  They seemed to be having trouble keeping products in stock, for reasons I can only guess at, and newer competitors like BrickWarriors seem to be quickly filling the gaps. 

We shall mourn their loss, and remember the impact they had on our creations.

Edit: Oddly enough, I'm subscribed to their email list, but didn't get this notification.  Ah well, I trust Nightstalker as a source.  I wonder if there'll be a big clearance sale soon...

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#3 Sleighbell-Scorpion

Sleighbell-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:53 AM

Pretty sad day - Red Bean's swords and armor were the first third-party minifig accessories I ever bought - some of the first ones out there. He designed them with clay - clay! - not computers. It would be great if someone else kept making them, somehow. Armothe had some really inventive ideas too. But all things must end.

I wish he had some Neck Armor I could completely buy out... but he hasn't had any of that in stock for months and months. I'll probably scoop up a bunch of other stuff though, and make some minifigs for the shop with some of it.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#4 Lord_Klaus

Lord_Klaus

• 1,456 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:03 AM

Oh man, yes, the NECK ARMOR.  They have all these awesome pauldrons, but I have to cover up Scorp's decals or existing chest/back designs with their battle armor to use them?  I even asked them by contact form if the neck armor was coming back into stock, as I'd been looking for months, and they informed me that they had no plans to restock it.  As in, "ever," judging by the tone of the email.  Which, in hindsight, I should have taken as a hint that things weren't going well.

#5 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 12:38 PM

That being said, there's a massive 50% off clearance going on right now. I'd be lying if I said I didn't pick up a ton of items.

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Lord_Klaus

Lord_Klaus

• 1,456 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:39 PM

Aw, really?  I shouldn't have jumped the gun with my 35% coupon from Halloween, but didn't think their clearance (if they had one) would remove a significant amount.  

Ah well, maybe I'll get some more of their hexibrix stands or something. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users