NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE: The Rusty Axe

54 replies to this topic

#41 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

dO yOu bLeEd?

• Nova Patron
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

"Sir Tom Drake, the Demon Slayer of Illikon."

"A pleasure to meet you, Sir Drake." Hori said, gladly shaking the offered hand "I've heard of the Demon-Slayer of Illikon, but I never thought I'd meet him in person."

"So, tell me," he continued as he took a sip of his tea "You said that you were in the south yourself. Anything of interest happen while you were down there?"

#42 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,144 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

"A pleasure to meet you, Sir Drake." Hori said, gladly shaking the offered hand "I've heard of the Demon-Slayer of Illkion, but I never thought I'd meet him in person."

Drake nodded. "I'm usually in Illikon, so..."

"So, tell me," he continued as he took a sip of his tea "You said that you were in the south yourself. Anything of interest happen while you were down there?"

He shrugged, taking a swig of his ale. "Little of this, little of that... Went on a treasure hunt, didn't find anything but creepy ruins where people got hurt." His eyes lost focus briefly and he had to shake off a grim look. "But yeah, nothing too special. Never been that far south, though, so it was interesting."

He turned to regard Hori again. "What about you? Seems like you're well-traveled."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#43 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

dO yOu bLeEd?

• Nova Patron
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:07 PM

"What about you? Seems like you're well-traveled."

"Well," Hori said, taking a sip of his tea and staring off into the distance "I was born in the North, then I traveled to many places: South, East, and even a little to the west. There was one time when I went very far south....but the only thing I can tell you about that trip was that I obtained that Idol Dargnin has from it: The man who lead the expedition swore me to secrecy."

"But then again, that's what I signed up for when I went on an expedition with Sir Gisburn of Pikeston."

#44 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:45 PM

Morwyn Marks hadn’t expected to wind up back in the middle of Achaean civilization… but at the same time, having grown up in a fine noble house and rarely going outside for most of her life, she wasn’t exactly great at navigation. Or travel. Or being a fugitive.

With an exhausted sigh, she decided there wouldn’t be many people who would recognize her in such a town as Stonebridge, and thus meandered through the streets with the hood of her traveling cloak rather half-heartedly pulled over her head to try covering her face from passersby glancing in her direction. She decided that, for now, it was just fine someone could identify her with little more effort than that.

By a small miracle the exhausted mage made it to the door of the Rusty Axe without getting apprehended, slipping inside with just enough grace to separate herself from a commoner but not nearly enough pomp and circumstance to flare up on anyone’s ‘nobility radar’, per se. It helped that she very nearly collapsed into the nearest chair with a sigh that was equal parts relief and exhaustion. “Finally.”

For a few moments she simply sat there, her arms on the table and her face resting on her arms as Morwyn simply tried to get some form of energy back into her body. Finally, she managed to raised an arm, a finger pointed upwards.

“Someone get me a drink.” Marks groaned. “...Please.” She added, clearly unused to being polite to bootlickers and peasants like those who undoubtedly swarmed an establishment like this.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#45 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,144 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

"Well," Hori said, taking a sip of his tea and staring off into the distance "I was born in the North, then I traveled to many places: South, East, and even a little to the west. There was one time when I went very far south....but the only thing I can tell you about that trip was that I obtained that Idol Dargnin has from it: The man who lead the expedition swore me to secrecy."

Drake arched a brow. "Hm. Yeah, I'd definitely call that well-traveled."

"But then again, that's what I signed up for when I went on an expedition with Sir Gisburn of Pikeston."

"Don't have the pleasure," Drake said dryly, but at least Hori's impression of the man was pretty clear. A newcomer came in, but Drake hadn't a moment to look at her face before she all but collapsed.

“Someone get me a drink.” A strangely familiar voice groaned. “...Please.”

Drake, of course, answered that call promptly, dropping a gold coin on the counter and telling Agnar, in regards to the lady's drink, "It's on me."

Then, curiosity getting the better of him, he gave a friendly smile and an "excuse me" to Hori and went over to Morwyn. He'd know that scent anywhere. Marks.

But he decided to start out casual. "Rough day traveling, m'lady?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#46 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:50 AM

"It's on me."

Agnar nodded with a half smile, glad to see the tavern filling up.

"What can I get you?" He caught Dargnin's eye and raised an eyebrow. What was it with the hooded cloaks these days?
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#47 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:49 PM

The sound of gold dropping on the counter was followed by a vaguely familiar voice. "It's on me."

Morwyn’s exhausted mind didn’t make any connection between the voice and certain people she knew of just yet, though, even as she heard footsteps approach from the man’s direction. It wasn’t until after he spoke again and she managed a glance up at him that the lady’s eyes widened slightly in recognition - and not exactly the good kind. Especially since there weren’t many Drakes that could be mistaken for the Demon Slayer.

"Rough day traveling, m'lady?"

“Uh…” Marks managed, her jaw slightly slack, before she pulled herself together with evident effort. She recognized him, but that wasn’t from any real direct interaction. He couldn’t possibly know who she was. Well, possibly my last name, I suppose. We don’t exactly look different from each other, us Marks…

“Indeed.” Morwyn agreed wearily. “...Still, I wonder what the mighty Thomas Drake is doing this far from Illikon.” She couldn’t help but remark, her ‘mighty’ comment coming across with barely-restrained sarcasm.

Her train of thought was briefly interrupted by a man she assumed was in charge of this dump. "What can I get you?"

She waved her hand vaguely. “Perhaps a little wine would do me well.” Marks figured. “Whatever you have that’s good.”

#48 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,144 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

“Uh…” Marks managed, her jaw slightly slack, before she pulled herself together with evident effort. That certainly brought decidedly too smug of a smirk to Drake's face.

“Indeed.” Morwyn agreed wearily. “...Still, I wonder what the mighty Thomas Drake is doing this far from Illikon.” She couldn’t help but remark, her ‘mighty’ comment coming across with barely-restrained sarcasm.

Drake gave a dry chuckle. "Funnily enough, I was just wondering what a Marks was doing here, too - looking the way you do, no less," he said in a friendly tone, with a smile to match.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#49 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 658 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

Agnar lifted a bottle of a deep red wine onto the counter, ignoring the distaste evident in her body language.

"An old favourite of mine. Harder to get then it used to be."

He poured a trickle into a glass, passing it to her to taste.

------

Yel stood behind the bar. With a grimace she wiped a drop of gravy from the blade of the gleaming sword mounted there, before leaning aimlessly against the bar.

----

Meanwhile, Dargnin had sat himself down next to Hollí.

#50 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

Drake gave a dry chuckle. "Funnily enough, I was just wondering what a Marks was doing here, too - looking the way you do, no less," he said in a friendly tone, with a smile to match.

Dammit.

“Of course you would.” Morwyn murmured, her voice slowly freezing over. “Though I do believe it is polite to answer a lady’s question before asking your own.”

Marks took the glass that Agnar passed her, paying the innkeeper no mind. She needed all of her wits and focus to deal with a tantrum-prone (or berserker-prone or whatever they called their kin) brute like Thomas Drake. “But if you must know, I’m not exactly a Marks anymore, so if you still take issue with one of them, I’m not ferrying any messages. Understand?” Morwyn explained, finally, tiredly meeting Drake’s gaze with a worn expression.

#51 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,144 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

“Of course you would.” Morwyn murmured, her voice slowly freezing over. “Though I do believe it is polite to answer a lady’s question before asking your own.”

"Well excuse me, princess," Drake replied. "I'm not here for some special reason. Just traveling around."

Marks took the glass that Agnar passed her, paying the innkeeper no mind, so Drake thanked him instead.

“But if you must know, I’m not exactly a Marks anymore, so if you still take issue with one of them, I’m not ferrying any messages. Understand?” Morwyn explained, finally, tiredly meeting Drake’s gaze with a worn expression.

Drake flashed an emotionless little smile, though it faded fast. "That's fine; I relay my messages myself," he said bitingly, his implications obvious. "So if you're not a Marks anymore, I guess it's pointless to exchange all these barbs, huh? I did just buy your drink. And a meal, if you want one."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#52 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

"Well excuse me, princess," Drake replied. "I'm not here for some special reason. Just traveling around."

Morwyn almost corrected him that she wasn’t, in fact, a princess, but the arrival of her wine and a moment of hard thought helped her bite her tongue before it was too late.

Then she mentioned her lack of ties to the rest of the Marks.

Drake flashed an emotionless little smile, though it faded fast. "That's fine; I relay my messages myself," he said bitingly, his implications obvious. "So if you're not a Marks anymore, I guess it's pointless to exchange all these barbs, huh? I did just buy your drink. And a meal, if you want one."

“I can pay for it myself.” Morwyn sighed, rubbing her temples before looking Tom in the eye. It’s called a preemptive strike you ape. She replied mentally to him pointing out that it was, in fact, pointless being so hostile. To be frank, Marks didn’t think he’d be willing to back down just because Morwyn said she wasn’t a Marks. Apparently she underestimated how trusting he was.

“...But you do make a point.” She finally admitted. “And…” The noblewoman hesitated, easing her way around a lifetime’s education of ‘not thanking non-nobles including that brute Thomas’. “...I’m sorry.” Morwyn finally murmured, almost too quiet to hear.

Of course, Drake wouldn’t have a problem hearing.

#53 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

--------- THE NEXT DAY ----------

Agnar stretched as he opened up the tavern, an old shoulder injury giving him trouble.

A few guests from the previous night were finishing breakfast, and he was pretty sure at least one was still upstairs.

Yel was nowhere to be seen, but Dargnin sat inside, jokily flirting with a bard that had agreed to play today.

He looked out into the street of Stonebridge, which was characteristically quiet, but pleasant as always.

Who would come in today?

#54 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

Shortly after the tavern opened, they received their first visitor for the day.

He was tall and lean; from his attire, it was clear he was venator. He kept the hood of his dark blue cloak pulled over his head as he entered. Once inside, he carefully examined the tavern; it appeared friendly enough, at least more friendly than several others he had visited. He breathed a sigh of relief ad he walked towards the counter.

"Mornin' sir, what's on the menu?" 

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 658 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 01:21 AM

Agnar took in the stranger in front of him. Funny how many Venatori ended up passing through the sleepy town, not that he'd ever complain about the business

"We've got some breakfast cooking in the back if that takes your fancy, or all the drinks you see out here."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users