NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Castle Blood, Southwestern Wilds

129 replies to this topic

#41 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

Kyle entered into the castle just in time to see the beetle-man throw a knife into the leg of some human girl as she was trying to escape. The pixie made a remarkably valiant effort to try and stop the knife, which made Kyle arch a brow in surprise.

As they all neared her, the moth-thing asked, "Is it bleeding? Why does it cry?"

"It's a she," Kyle said flatly, sounding slightly annoyed. "And she's crying because she has a knife stuck in her leg."

He fearlessly approached the girl, trying to draw her attention to himself instead of the assortment of monsters now trying to take a gander at her. As he got closer, he could smell her blood, but he tried to ignore it.

Kyle held up his palms as he neared her cautiously, speaking as he did, "Hey, calm down, alright? I know that sounds crazy, but if you let me take a look at that wound, we can talk this through. I promise I won't hurt you."

Not that he could say the same for his companions, but there was no reason to treat a potential prisoner any worse than necessary... especially such a young girl.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#42 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:11 PM

Bartholomew was confused and irritated at Ambreeze's attempts to stop his dagger.

"Why would he try something like this?" He thought to himself.

In any case, it did not matter, his aim, as usual, was true: the dagger struck the Templar in her leg, and she went down like a ton of bricks.

As he moved past Ambreeze, the Beetle-Man looked at the fairy, and said, with more curiosity in his tone than anger "What were you doing? Did you want the dagger to strike her in the back? I'm not so blinded by revenge that I would risk losing a valuable hostage."

Bartholomew then moved on to the girl before the moth woman and elf arived, and, without cerimony, yanked the knife out of the Templar's leg before she could yell out.

The Moth-woman began to tend to the girls wound, the Beetle-man cleaned the dagger and returned it to its seath: fortunately, the dagger had not been administered with posion.

As the Elf and Moth-woman began their work, Basim crossed his arms and said "I apologize for the injury, but be glad that you simply got a leg wound: the Imperial Troops outsided were not so lucky."

(Synopisis: Question Burg's motivations, removes dagger, attempts to placate injured Templar Girl)

#43 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

Fen’s heart sank as the dagger wasn’t sent off-target enough by his will. In fact, it seemed to be sent even truer toward its destination. The pixie’s eyes widened briefly as he realized this before he quickly shut them and looked away, wincing further when the girl cried out. This wasn’t right. The kid was just running and this… this bug threw a knife at her?! Ambreeze felt his blood boil as he darted in toward Bartholomew. Gritting his teeth, he was more than ready to explode on the bug-man in more ways than one.

Bartholomew didn’t reciprocate the feeling, though, as he simply moved past Ambreeze. As he did, he question him with more curiosity in his tone than anger. "What were you doing? Did you want the dagger to strike her in the back? I'm not so blinded by revenge that I would risk losing a valuable hostage."

Ambreeze opened his mouth to reply, but the bug-man kept moving… and Bartholomew yanked the knife out of the girl’s leg with a fleshy shlunk that made Fen nearly vomit. What is his problem?!

As the moth-thing assumedly began to tend to the girl’s wound, the bug-man cleaned the dagger and returned it to its sheath, crossing his arms and saying - apparently to the girl - "I apologize for the injury, but be glad that you simply got a leg wound: the Imperial Troops outside were not so lucky."

“Oh yes, be glad she got a knife in her leg!” Ambreeze said mockingly, darting up in the bug-man’s face. “It wasn’t like I could have knocked her over without cutting her open! Or, spirits forbid, you leave it to the minotaurs,” he gestured at Mastus who, while standing nearby, seemed a little distracted as he listened to the human, “to simply grab her! Nooo, let’s throw blades at her and then tell the victim’s it’s all okay!”

He paused for a moment, realizing he’d raised his voice quite a bit and more than likely caught more attention than he’d really meant. He took a shaky breath as he tried to keep his voice low. They might not be alone, after all…

“Think like a beast-man next time, bug-eyes, rather than a beast.” Fen growled threateningly.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#44 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:16 PM

Metallon huffed in satisfaction over his handiwork, replacing his Hammers on his back. "On to the Castle," he commented.

The Minotaur stooped, taking the cloak from a fallen imperial before making his way through the great doors to behold quite the little scene. The Beetleman had apprehended a Templar woman in the castle, and he and the pixie were arguing over it while the Mothkin and Half-Elf fussed over the woman.

"Stop squabbling," Metallon stared at the first pair. "What's done is done, just communicate with each other next time. We're stronger together instead of trying to undo ourselves. Am I clear?" The towering mintotaur grunted. They wouldn't last long if this childish behavior continued. When they affirmed him, Metallon walked over to the fallen Templar.

"Bloodmoon can handle her," Metallon said to the Vsskyre. "You tend to our own wounded," He ordered, gesturing to Mastus and Sven. "Quickly. We don't have time to waste."

"In the meantime, Vehoe, Kairn, you two scout ahead," He pointed down the long dark hallway of the castle. "And Mastus, put that door back up. I know its busted, but there's no reason to leave us wide open to the imperials."

That done, Metallon put his own survival skills to work. He carefully pulled the javelin from his shoulder, silently gritting his teeth as he removed it. He shook off the blood, tucking the small spear into the straps alongside his hammers. Waste not want not. He then took the cloak he had looted from the Legionnaires and used it to bandage his wound and staunch the bleeding. When he finished, the dark minotaur crossed his arms and leaned against the wall by Kyle and the Templar, waiting to hear what they had to say.

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#45 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:22 AM

Sven cursed as he approached the castle entrance. Not only had that Legionnaire gotten a lucky hit, but somehow they had succeeded in stabbing a young woman who seemed to flee the castle. The fairy was rather shook up by it and a little argument had broken out. Sven had to agree with the fairy--there were better, less lethal ways to incapacitate someone than to stab them in the leg.

Though, he was impressed by the accuracy of the show. Sven didn't believe he could be so accurate with a throwing knife.

Keeping a hand pressed into the cut, though blood still oozed from the wound, Sven watched quietly as Metallon barked orders to the troops. He was a natural leader, that one, and Sven was relieved he was giving orders the centaur could agree with. He would hate to have to argue the logistics now.

But, there was still the issue of his bleeding side.

"Does anyone have any bandages?" he asked, raising his voice loud enough to be heard in the room by all. "Legionnaire got a lucky shot." He was not too proud as to ask for help when he needed it. Even some fire magic could seal the wound up. That would be enough.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#46 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:12 AM

"It's a she," Kyle said flatly, sounding slightly annoyed. "And she's crying because she has a knife stuck in her leg." She stepped up and looked at the back of the leg. It was pretty grisly, but not bad, considering all the battle scars she had seen. Examining it further, she wasn't sure how deep it had gone. Not seeming to care about drama going on behind her, the Mothkin turned and dug through her wicker shell, grabbing a few potions in one hand and a a few bandages in the other.

"Bloodmoon can handle her," Metallon said to the Vsskyre. "You tend to our own wounded," He ordered, gesturing to Mastus and Sven. "Quickly. We don't have time to waste."

"On it. Bloodmoon, all these supplies are yours if you need them." She said, setting a bandage in hand by the fallen Templar.

"Does anyone have any bandages?" the large centaur asked from behind the group. He had just entered the courtyard. A trail of blood was behind him. It was perfect timing.

"Legionnaire got a lucky shot." His torso seemed to be the size of two men put together, which made her wonder what idiot thought a fight was a good idea. "Here" the mothkin said. She walked over and examined the wound, before moving in to apply a bit of the healing salve. "This shouldn't take too long. Is everyone else well?" She said, not taking her eyes of of her work.

((Gives X1 healing salve and X1 bandage to Bloodmoon, attempts to heal Sven with X1 healing salve and X2 bandage))

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#47 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:01 AM

Mastus simply nodded to Metallon, laid down his mace, and picked the door up, standing it back in place. He did his best to bar it, using whatever whatever scraps of wood and metal and brick were in the vicinity to brace it. The minotaur was no great craftsman, however, and the job could have perhaps been better handled by someone who knew more about fortification. Still, it would provide concealment, and would at least take some effort to knock down.

With that done, he slowly and calmly approached the Templar girl, crouching near her and trying to look as non-threatening as he could. "I am sorry you were injured." He said quietly, nodding to her bleeding leg. "Do not fear, we do not wish you further harm, and I would trust Kyle here with my very life if I needed healing." He was doing his best to ignore his bleeding shoulder, but would need to have it looked at soon.

Glancing around warily at the group present, Mastus then spoke something to her in the language she had been speaking before. It was brief, and didn't sound threatening, but it might have perhaps surprised some of them that such a big and violent-looking minotaur would know such a mellifluous tongue. Once he had finished speaking, he awaited her reply...

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#48 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 02:55 PM

The Templar girl opened her eyes to look around in confusion at the assorted monsters hovering over her. She listened to them argue with each other, and heard a Minotaur issuing orders. First one insectoid creature began speaking to her in a soothing tone and using some sort of magic to calm her emotions, and then another insectoid came and yanked the dagger out of her leg, causing another surge of pain.

There was only one among the group who looked almost human - Kyle Bloodmoon, save for his elf-like pointed ears. The gentler insectoid creature handed him some healing supplies before leaving to tend to the centaur.

Kyle said, "Hey, calm down, alright? I know that sounds crazy, but if you let me take a look at that wound, we can talk this through. I promise I won't hurt you."

"Let me go!" the girl implored him. "Please, you have to make them let me go!"

Then a second Minotaur - Mastus - approached and spoke to the girl in an ancient language that only the two of them understood, and this above all seemed to calm her down.

"You know High Imperial?" she said. "I... I had no idea any beastfolk were so educated. My name is Rona - p-please, let me go!" She looked around at all of those assembled, one after another, her eyes imploring them. "I don't know anything; I'm just Lady Juno's squire - she wouldn't even let me go with her into the dungeon! I'm only good for carrying things; I'm no threat! If... if you let me go, you'll never see me again, I swear!"

Just then, Driu reappeared. The sneaky satyr had been noticeably absent for the extent of the battle outside. Now he just stepped out of the shadows like nothing had happened, stroking his beard with one tattooed hand.

"You hear that?" he said. "She's the squire of a knight the Imperials sent into the dungeon! We've got to catch up to 'em; no time to waste on this girl. I say we kill 'er right now, so we don't have to keep lookin' back over our shoulders in case she comes after us. Or at best, tie 'er up, bash 'er on the head, and stuff 'er in that door back there - it looks like some kinda storage closet."

Driu pointed to the farthest of the three open doors on the right side of the hall. The room inside it was pitch dark, unlike the other two open doors, from which a dim light glowed faintly.

Spoiler

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#49 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:55 PM

Bartholomew was not easily annoyed.

It was a trait that he had developed early on in his childhood, and throughout his entire life, he had only been driven to anger once: the person who had done this was the now deseaced owner of his saber.

Driu, with or without intention, had aroused his anger. The satyr's apparent lust for a pointless death was a trait that disgusted the Beetle-man beyond anything else that he had ever encountered before.

"I say we let her live." Bartholomew snarled, a trait that was uncaracteristc of him "You suggestions would cause us more trouble in the future. How do you think a fully trained Templar Knight would react if she found out that her squire was killed just because she might have come after us? I've seen Human revenge first hand, and I would not want to experiance it."

Basim drew his saber and dirk, and said in a dangerously quite and cold voice "If any of you want to kill her, you'll have to go through me. I will not let you kill a useful hostage, much less a young woman: killing an unarmed captive would only prove to the Imperials that we are monsters as they say we are."

#50 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:55 PM

((Dang it! I knew things would eventually fall out of the lull, *Sigh* Vehoe's gonna have to cope with some sanity loss...))

Vehoe stared blankly into the darkness, it seemed to writhe and lurch as if the shadows were alive. He was frozen in terror. Perpetually terrified. Although his comrades could not see his expression through his shawl, his jaw was slacked, his eyes staring on in horror.After a moment, he finally felt his eyes break from the abyss, he cursed under his breath. The darkness had done it's work, he could feel how it had touched him. Vehoe was snapped from his own fear when he heard a blade fly through the air and stick in the leg of girl.

As they wrapped wounds and talked over the new hostage, Vehoe remained silent, still collecting himself from the darkness' breach into his mind.

"You hear that?" he said. "She's the squire of a knight the Imperials sent into the dungeon! We've got to catch up to 'em; no time to waste on this girl. I say we kill 'er right now, so we don't have to keep lookin' back over our shoulders in case she comes after us. Or at best, tie 'er up, bash 'er on the head, and stuff 'er in that door back there - it looks like some kinda storage closet."

"The Imperials may have a better understanding of this place than we do, I say we get what we can out of her, and-" Vehoe began. He had some skill in interrogation, while he wasn't imposing or scary, he could calmly question and pull information. But as he spoke, the Beetle-man pulled a dirk from his sash in retaliation to the Satyr had said about killing the newly-titled hostage.

"If any of you want to kill her, you'll have to go through me. I will not let you kill a useful hostage, much less a young woman: killing an unarmed captive would only prove to the Imperials that we are monsters as they say we are."

Vehoe approached him and spoke calmly, "Come on, Barty, put the letter opener away, no one is killing anyone yet." He rested a hand on his own blade strapped to his hip. "If you ask me, we could use her. We could use her as a bargaining piece, you know? Even better, they don't have anything against us." He looked down at the squire. "They might not hand over a castle for just one of their own when we've already killed a number, but we'll take what we can get in exchange for her."

21.jpg

#51 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,876 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

Driu continued stroking his pointed beard, and twisting it around his finger. "You have a point about the revenge issue, beetle-boy, but I don't see how the Templar knight down in the dungeons would know if we killed her. But your chivalry for the girl sure is touching after you stuck a knife in her leg. If we have to let her live, we should do like Vehoe says: Tie her up and take her with us as a hostage. You're a clever fox, Vehoe. At the very least, maybe we can send her first down suspicious passages to check for traps..."

"If you take me," said Rona the Templar Squire, with determination now in her voice, "then I will throw myself in front of a trap, or down a pit, rather than aid you against my master! I will choose death before captivity. So if you all truly value my life... you will let me go... Please..."

Driu threw up his hands. "You see? She's a zealot! We can't-"

Suddenly, he was interrupted by a startlingly loud CLANG, which echoed out of the central door - the door to which Rona had tried to flee. The sound reverberated off the empty walls for several seconds before it died away... a stark reminder that the Imperials were still on the move, and the heroes of the Minoan Alliance would need to proceed if they hoped to catch up...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#52 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:46 AM

Of course, their self-proclaimed leader Black-hide strolled up to give Fen and Bartholomew a piece of his mind.

"Stop squabbling," Metallon stared at them. Ambreeze ignored him. "What's done is done, just communicate with each other next time. We're stronger together instead of trying to undo ourselves. Am I clear?"

“Sure…” Fen murmured, clearly not even listening to the towering warrior who went off anyway to boss everyone else around. While he did, the pixie kept his ears open, largely paying attention to the human and her condition.

"You know High Imperial?" she said. "I... I had no idea any beastfolk were so educated. My name is Rona - p-please, let me go!" She looked around at all of those assembled, one after another, her eyes imploring them. "I don't know anything; I'm just Lady Juno's squire - she wouldn't even let me go with her into the dungeon! I'm only good for carrying things; I'm no threat! If... if you let me go, you'll never see me again, I swear!"

“Maybe-” Ambreeze began to say, reluctantly turning from Bartholomew. He was interrupted by the appearance of a certain satyr, though.

"You hear that?" The shaman said. "She's the squire of a knight the Imperials sent into the dungeon! We've got to catch up to 'em; no time to waste on this girl. I say we kill 'er right now, so we don't have to keep lookin' back over our shoulders in case she comes after us. Or at best, tie 'er up, bash 'er on the head, and stuff 'er in that door back there - it looks like some kinda storage closet."

Driu pointed to the farthest of the three open doors on the right side of the hall. The room inside it was pitch dark, but Fen wasn’t paying attention to that. As he opened his mouth to defend Rona, though he got help from a very unexpected side.

"I say we let her live." Bartholomew snarled all of a sudden. Ambreeze stared at him, stupefied. "Your suggestions would cause us more trouble in the future. How do you think a fully trained Templar Knight would react if she found out that her squire was killed just because she might have come after us? I've seen Human revenge first hand, and I would not want to experience it."

The Beetleman outright drew his blades, and said in a dangerously quiet and cold voice: "If any of you want to kill her, you'll have to go through me. I will not let you kill a useful hostage, much less a young woman: killing an unarmed captive would only prove to the Imperials that we are monsters as they say we are."

Foxxy stepped in between the two, though, speaking calmly as the pixie still tried to gather his wits. What kind of stupid hypocrite are you?

"Come on, Barty, put the letter opener away, no one is killing anyone yet." He rested a hand on his own blade strapped to his hip. "If you ask me, we could use her. We could use her as a bargaining piece, you know? Even better, they don't have anything against us." He looked down at the squire. "They might not hand over a castle for just one of their own when we've already killed a number, but we'll take what we can get in exchange for her."

Driu continued stroking his pointed beard, and twisting it around his finger. "You have a point about the revenge issue, beetle-boy, but I don't see how the Templar knight down in the dungeons would know if we killed her. But your chivalry for the girl sure is touching after you stuck a knife in her leg. If we have to let her live, we should do like Vehoe says: Tie her up and take her with us as a hostage. You're a clever fox, Vehoe. At the very least, maybe we can send her first down suspicious passages to check for traps..."

"If you take me," said Rona the Templar Squire, with determination now in her voice… and preventing Fen from getting a word in edgewise, "then I will throw myself in front of a trap, or down a pit, rather than aid you against my master! I will choose death before captivity. So if you all truly value my life... you will let me go... Please..."

Driu threw up his hands. "You see? She's a zealot! We can't-”

A sudden clang was heard in the direction Rona was trying to go in. Ambreeze sighed, rubbing his face. “Okay, whatever, let’s just tie her up and leave her by the door. Somebody’s gonna peek in sooner or later.” He said, glancing at the girl. “Unless one of you big-horns,” he glanced at the minotaurs in the group, “want to haul her around the whole time.”

Or if someone could cook up a shrinking potion a something. Heh...

#53 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:24 PM

Metallon considered the issue, but they didn't have long to dwell, the Imperials were on the move.

"We take her with us for now," he decided at last. "Dark magic or not, this fortress was originally built by Achaean, we might need an Achaean at some point. In addition she could be useful as a hostage if we cross paths with the Imperial party." He shrugged, rolling his giant shoulders. "It's a risk, but anything we do within these walls will be."

The great minotaur huffed, confident with the choice. "For now, she stays with us. Someone get something to bind her hands. Bloodmoon, search her and take her weapons. I can carry her. When she's secure we move out."

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#54 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

Bartholomew sighed as he sheathed his saber, glad that the confrontation was over.

Quite honestly, he had put up with enough of the Saytr's crap, expecially since he had convieniently dissapeared during the encounter. Something else about Driu unnerved the Beetle-man, but he couldn't place it.

As he watched Kyle take the Templar's weapons and tied her up, and then as Metallon grabbed her under one brawny arm, Basim wondered why he had defended the Templar (or Rona, as he later found out) so vehimently.

Ambreeze had most likely done it out of compassion, or simply to spite the Beetle-man, but he could not understand why he had done it.

He concluded that it was most likely because killing an unarmed creature, even if it was a Human, went against his code of honor.

After this moral debate, he waited quitely for the group's next action.

#55 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

Mastus stayed quiet during the squabling, not wanting to add time to the delay it would cause. He didn't need to argue anyways; if they tried to kill her, he would shield her with his body and carry her to the door. A squire so young didn't deserve to die simply for being human. Besides, she'd seemed to calm down considerably since he'd spoken to her in the ancient tongue they shared.

"I am sorry you got dragged into this." He apologized, walking along as the group got moving again, "But rest assured, you will come to no further harm if I can help it." The minotaur tried to flash a friendly smile, hoping to set the girl at ease, but it probably wasn't as reassuring as he hoped.

"There is likely much to be learned in this place." Mastus continued, hoping to chnage the subject and get the Templar squire's mind off her current predicament. "I am sure that with our combined knowledge of the old languages, we can decipher many of it's secrets. Maybe we will even learn things to help our respective peoples achieve better understanding of each other, and find some way to live with less needless conflict."

Such pacifism, of course, sounded almost ridiculous coming from one who looked like such a hulking brute, in his roughly wrought armor and with his massive battle-worn weapon...

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#56 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

Sven sucked in a quick, sharp breath when the moth-woman applied the salve. He knew it would sting, but the first kiss on an open wound always smarted. He had gotten used to pain in his time as chieftain, but getting used to it and actively ignoring it were two different things. He thanked the mothwoman for the supplies, unable to bow his thanks due to the wound, but ensured she heard what he had said.

Unfortunately, he had been away from the group too long, and as he recovered and joined up, he saw that they were deciding the fate the young woman. She spoke in a worried, panicked voice in a language that Sven recognized as Imperial, though he knew only a word or two. He didn't know what she was saying.

But she was young, and hardly attired for such a long trek through this dank dungeon.

Sven had been silent long enough. Clearing his throat, he spoke. "She is not ready for the journey, and taking her with us only puts us in danger. She could set off a trap, or worse. Letting her go is the best option, both for us and her. There are no men here for miles--we made sure of that in our travels. If she does know of an encampment, it is too far for it to do us any harm. Plus, killing her is something a human would do. We are better than that."

He crossed his arms. "We cannot both take a hostage and keep ourselves alive. I believe my life is more important than any usefulness she may offer later."

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#57 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:59 PM

Of course, no one listened to the tiny pixie.

"We take her with us for now," Big-Horns McBrawn decided at last. "Dark magic or not, this fortress was originally built by Achaean, we might need an Achaean at some point. In addition she could be useful as a hostage if we cross paths with the Imperial party." He shrugged, rolling his giant shoulders. "It's a risk, but anything we do within these walls will be."

The great minotaur huffed, confident with the choice. "For now, she stays with us. Someone get something to bind her hands. Bloodmoon, search her and take her weapons. I can carry her. When she's secure we move out."

However, the centaur Sven cleared his throat to speak up. "She is not ready for the journey, and taking her with us only puts us in danger. She could set off a trap, or worse. Letting her go is the best option, both for us and her. There are no men here for miles--we made sure of that in our travels. If she does know of an encampment, it is too far for it to do us any harm. Plus, killing her is something a human would do. We are better than that."

He crossed his arms. "We cannot both take a hostage and keep ourselves alive. I believe my life is more important than any usefulness she may offer later."

Ambreeze flitted over to land on the centaur’s shoulder, crossing his arms. “Hooves is right, Big-Horns.” He said, frowning. “We leave her here, and she won’t do anything to stop us.” He paused, thinking quickly. “And,” he added, “if we let her… master or whatever know that we didn’t hurt her, maybe that’ll work better than holding her hostage.” Admittedly, that last bit was Fen grasping for some extra straws to back up his argument, but as far as he saw things he’d simply wrestle Rona away from the others and get her outside whether or not Big-Horns liked it. Minotaurs could be as brawny as they liked, but the pixie had a power and strength none of them could compare to.

It was all a matter of whether the minotaur actually went with it or not. Right now, that didn’t seem to be the case.

#58 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:32 PM

Bartholomew listened to Sven and Ambreeze's opinions before speaking up:

"Fine," he said "The last thing we need is a group of Imperials at our head and our heels."

"However," Basim said as he glanced at Ambreeze "if we do run into her master, I highly doubt the word of enemies of the Achaean Empire unless we have proof that what we say is true."

#59 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:36 PM

Kyle could barely keep up with all the exchanges being tossed around; clearly putting his word in wasn't going to do a whole lot of good, but at least a few of these assorted freaks were suggesting they either tie her up somewhere or let her go. That surprised the hell out of him, considering who and what they were, but he wasn't going to protest.

"For now, she stays with us. Someone get something to bind her hands. Bloodmoon, search her and take her weapons. I can carry her. When she's secure we move out."

The half-elf didn't respond as he knelt by the Templar girl. "Sorry about this," he said almost under his breath as he searched her, careful not to put his hands anywhere untoward. As he did, he also used the healing supplies that the moth-person had given him.

Meanwhile, the pixie was running his mouth again. Kyle didn't put in his side of what to do with Rona, but he did comment in mild annoyance, "Y'know, you could be referring to at least four different people here when you call someone 'Hooves.'"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#60 HalfBaked139

HalfBaked139

Sergeant

• 1,478 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:58 PM

Kairn slid inside the castle gates before they clanged shut, scooping up his fallen knife as he made his way through. There was a commotion going on amidst the beastfolk in the company, but the bard opted to let them work it out. He'd learned a while ago that sometimes it was better to focus on understanding what others were doing, instead of battling towards being understood. 

His left arm twinged a bit at the elbow and shoulder at the thought - an old injury, from days in which he was a just a bit more brash. There was also the but over his right eye, one he certainly hadn't enjoyed acquiring.

Instead, the bard looked up and around at the fortress's battlements, making note of everything he saw. It was all rather exciting, he had to admit.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users