NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Zone - The Warm Wood

39 replies to this topic

#21 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

"And what brings you here?" 

John smiled and bowed politely, saying "Hello, my name is John Merek, and I-"

Before he could continue, the young dragon was upon him in an instant, his claw coming close to touching the only thing that Dwarves held more sacred than gold or jewels: their Beards.

"Hi I'm lövgren! This is Liriel Liriel Vysalen, but she prefers Liriel! And there is Jacen Venavagabond! Are you a dwarf-elf? Elf-dwarf? Dwelf?"

"Hello...Lövgren..." the Half-Dwarf-Half-Elf said cautiously "And, yes, I am a...Dwelf, as you say. Now, could you please get off of me? I really don't like to be this close to people I don't know too well." 

#22 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:48 PM

Jacen actually cracked a smile. Something that hadn't broken the serious vail of his face in what seemed like eternity. "There are just some days, Rock. When my face, is the same as yours..." Jacen said. 

Rock arched a thick, stony eyebrow. "Rock not look all serious like you," he said with a friendly laugh.

"Why are you here Rock? Why did you decide to help Clodagh? Or did you know her before?" He asked.

"Rock not know Clodagh," said the troll. "Rock heard of her, not know her. Rock happy to meet her. Rock came because spirits ask for help - say forest in trouble. Rock always help spirits."

The butterfly flew off, and Rock watched it go. As he did, he asked, "Why you here, friend? You help spirits?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#23 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:14 PM

She gave an easy grin at the flattery. "In mine it means 'song of the Gods' I like that better," she retorted lightly.

"Interesting. Mine means 'son of a Jester', I guess we all don't live up to our names like how you do." Jacen replied, solemn and quiet.

"Don't be silly. There is no such thing as fate. Fate is just an excuse for when something bad happens. This was not fate. This was a happy coincident!" He smiled warmly down at Jacen, meaning only the best. "Cheer up would you, you're among friends."

"Trust me, little fire-breather, I've seen both ends of the stick in the past..." Jacen said, kneeling down to the dragon.

"It makes as much sense as any" she replied. "In any event, what's important is that you came" she said warmly.

"Thank you." Jacen said, breaking the cold veil of his face and cracking a slight smile. As the dwell came over, he looked him over.

Bastard-son no doubt. Pointy ears and a beard. I just hope he isn't some sort of illigetiment son on the run from his father. Jacen thought as he introduced himself. Before the wood elf spoke up.

"I'm Jacen. I see you're a fan of your facial hair, it's quite well managed, if I do say myself." Jacen said, pointing out his groomed beard as a ice breaker.

---

Rock arched a thick, stony eyebrow. "Rock not look all serious like you," he said with a friendly laugh.

Jacen chuckled and shook his head. "I like you, Rock." He looked up at the troll.

"Rock not know Clodagh," said the troll. "Rock heard of her, not know her. Rock happy to meet her. Rock came because spirits ask for help - say forest in trouble. Rock always help spirits."

If only the spirits would return the favour for me...

The butterfly flew off, and Rock watched it go. As he did, he asked, "Why you here, friend? You help spirits?"

"Help spirits? In one way or another, I guess."

"... I guess I'm here for the same reason you are... it was just lined up in the stars of fate... the spirits just took a while to see if that was what they really wanted me to do..." Kingsfoil said, thinking about what he was really saying.

"Spirits work weird sometimes... right?"

21.jpg

#24 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

The others had come together into a larger group. Ne'eshj stood from the ground where he sat, came near to them. As he did, he caught the tail end of one's conversation. 

"Spirits work weird sometimes... right?" Ne'eshj clapped the man on the shoulder as he stepped into the circle.

"Spirits," he said amicably, "they are as individual as you and I. Some are quiet, some quick, and others, fading away into their own sleep. The spirits of the earth are slow, the spirits of the animals are fast, but as you and I, they are as they wish, and act." Ne'eshj had been gesturing as he spoke in his rumbling baritone voice, and returned his hand to his chest. "But I, I have much left to learn of the spirits. It seems it is for this reason that I have come to this place, where they are spoken of, and where others understand them, in ways that I do not." His half-stoic face broke into a small smile as he looked over Rock and the wriggling, excited dragon Lovgren. Removing his hand from Jacen's shoulder, he offered it to shake. "I am Ne'eshj, shaman brave from the islands. Who are you, whom I will fight alongside?" 

rsz_17103456_804341766390322_88650203142     rsz_17103583_210540556092434_55832859985     rsz_17155802_10212220403766592_217493358     

#25 Balder

Balder

Aww yiss, give me dose pets

• 155 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:51 PM

"Hello...Lövgren..." the Half-Dwarf-Half-Elf said cautiously "And, yes, I am a...Dwelf, as you say. Now, could you please get off of me? I really don't like to be this close to people I don't know too well."

Lövgren blinked innocently before a playful smile crossed his lips. "Hmm? Oh if you insist..." he said coyly while pulling back. Then, not a moment later, the young drake darted back in on John, tongue shooting out, and he licked the Half-Dwarf-Half-Elf right across his face before swiftly darting away, giggling all the while at Johns expense. Rushing past Liriel, Jacen and Ne'eshj, Lövgren ducked behind the biggest thing in the gleen that wasn't himself, Rock, and hid from John. His attempt at hiding was not a very successful one, no doubt, as his laughing form was hardly hidden from sight.

Not nearly managing to control his mirth Lövgren stifled another giggle and looked up the troll he was hiding behind. "Hi" he managed to squeak out between laughs.

kung_krarl_uggla_by_garaun-d98gsar.png

#26 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:36 PM

Clodagh relaxed as the group seemed to be molding together… more or less. She was getting a better feel for their personalities and how they clicked - or didn’t - with the others. The human was joining the group surprisingly well, but then again he was not like many humans Clodagh had seen, and she supposed that made sense in its own, odd little way. The dragon, Lövgren, was also mixing in… fairly well. The varg frowned a little at his antics, but his sheer physical and racial abilities pretty much outweighed the negative side effects of his childish personality. She just wondered how his first kill - assuming he hadn’t accidentally crushed anyone beneath those massive claws - would affect him.

It was always a sobering thought, looking at young greenhorns - in Lövgren’s case, literally - and wondering what their first battle would turn them into.

In any case, the large, white varg retreated to Kyle’s side, sitting down beside the hulking, black-furred beast. “So…” She began to say, right before they both heard - and smelled - another varg approaching. The scent was thick with the peculiar blend of fear, ferocity, and adrenaline that came with recent battle, and a distinct hint of blood. Clodagh immediately got back to her feet, almost at the same instant that everyone else in the group heard something large approaching…

A grey-furred varg burst out of the trees, skidding to a halt near Clodagh and panting hard. Few besides Kyle and the white-furred pack leader could tell this newcomer was female, but all could see an arrow of nastily efficient construction protruded from her shoulder, with blood seeping from the wound and staining her coat. However, the new varg was far too carried away with adrenaline to notice yet.

“[Alpha!]” The varg said, speaking urgently in Wolven. Thus, for everyone besides the vargs, it was still difficult to tell her gender or even age. “[We caught some by surprise, but more poured out of the woods!]”

Clodagh growled, turning to the others. “Alright, cut the playing, we need to move!” She ordered, very nearly barking at the gathered wariors, gesturing with her head for Kyle to get up. “Some of my pack are having some trouble with orcs: we’re going to help them.” She explained as the party got their equipment together. Once everyone was ready, Clodagh turned and loped off into the forest, following the scout that had alerted her in the first place.

-----

It didn’t take long for the party to burst through the trees and into another clearing, this one echoing with the sounds of conflict. About a dozen powerfully-built vargs of various color roamed the clearing, tearing into what was left of a sizable host of chaos race soldiers. Most of the vargs bore wounds, though none were seriously slowed by the variety of injuries they endured. The lightly armed and armored orcs, goblins, and hobgoblins they fought, though, were forced to step around the growing number of their fallen.

There were still enough for everyone in the party to take one apiece, and help end the fight before anyone on their side was seriously injured.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#27 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:13 AM

"Hmm? Oh if you insist..."

John was relieved as the Drake backed off, until it startlingly swooped back in to lick his face, then flying off, giggling like a drunken nobleman.

The Half-Dwarf-Half-Elf scrubbed madly at his face as a Varg Scout burst into the clearing, briefly talking to Clodagh before the White Varg turned to the group and said:

Alright, cut the playing, we need to move! Some of my pack are having some trouble with orcs: we’re going to help them.” 

John Merek drew his bow and notched an arrow to the string; turning to Ne’eshj as he grinned and said “Well, let’s hope that the spirits are with us today, eh?”

---

As they entered another clearing, the Half-Dwarf-Half-Elf saw more of Clodagh’s Vargs as well as chaos race soldiers who outnumbered them.

John quickly fired off a shot at a Goblin Warrior, and then, after putting away his bow, and drawing one of his axes and his sword, leapt at two Orcs, shouting “The Axes of the Dwarves and the Swords of the Elves are upon you!”

#28 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:03 PM

The call to battle. 

John Merek drew his bow and notched an arrow to the string. “Well, let’s hope that the spirits are with us today, eh?” he said, grinning at Ne'eshj. Picking up his bow and a handful of arrows not tied to his armor, Ne'eshj looked back, a small stoic smile in return. "The spirits are scattered my friend. All we must do is walk with them, and they will be our companions until our trails part."

---

Their legs were hot with the pursuit. Keeping up with the great wolves was no small feat. But as they neared, the unmistakable sounds of the great wolves doing battle filtered through the trees, until they broke into a clearing. The battle was nearing its end... but the tides of battle were not like the tides of the sea, they could not always be predicted, and more could be on the way. 

Only a breath after John Merek had fired his arrow, an arrow whistled from Ne'eshj's bow at a strange hominid that was keeping its distance from a Varg with a long polearm.

“The Axes of the Dwarves and the Swords of the Elves are upon you!”

The islander's legs pumped as he rushed to close battle, though Ne'eshj was revolted at the grotesque features of his enemies. They were not men. They were something different. With a whoop he fell upon the reeling beast and having grabbed firm hold of the elbow of the orc's weapon arm, kept it from swinging by pushing and driving the beast back on its balance as he thrust to carve the foe's throat out with his curved knife.

rsz_17103456_804341766390322_88650203142     rsz_17103583_210540556092434_55832859985     rsz_17155802_10212220403766592_217493358     

#29 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:29 PM

"Of course she would! Wouldn't your gran want the same?"

"You'd be surprised..." Liriel muttered, more to herself than anyone else.

"Interesting. Mine means 'son of a Jester', I guess we all don't live up to our names like how you do."

"Yes, for you to be a jester, you'd at least have to learn how to smile" she replied lightly, if a touch teasingly.

"Thank you."

"See, like that" she commented, as Jacen's grim veneer finally cracked a touch and he gave an —admittedly slight— smile. Well, it was a start.

"Hi I'm lövgren! This is Liriel Liriel Vysalen, but she prefers Liriel! And there is Jacen Venavagabond! Are you a dwarf-elf? Elf-dwarf? Dwelf?"

"Hello...Lövgren... And, yes, I am a...Dwelf, as you say..."

Well, that was interesting. A dwarf-elf, really? It did explain the man's appearance, but she hadn't even known that that was possible...

However, before she could ask the 'dwelf' anything more, another varg came running into the clearing, calling urgently to Clodagh. 

“Alright, cut the playing, we need to move! Some of my pack are having some trouble with orcs: we’re going to help them.”

She nodded, and immediately took off after the white varg. Orcs in these woods... the very thought made her blood boil. They were going to regret coming here.

As John charged a pair of orcs, Liriel darted forwards beside him, launching a one-handed thrust at a nearby orc with her spear, seeking to catch the beast in the throat.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#30 Balder

Balder

• 155 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:00 PM

Lövgrens fun was suddenly interrupted by the sounds of a hasty approach and the smell of blood. Turning to the sound, he could feel  the spirits stirring all around the glean and not a moment later a grey-furred varg burst out of the trees, skidding to a halt near Clodagh and panting hard. The young drakes eyes quickly latched on to the arrow sticking out of the vargs flesh, all his mirth lost with the sight.

The varg left her report to Clodagh, who growled, turning to the others. “Alright, cut the playing, we need to move!” She ordered, very nearly barking at the gathered wariors, gesturing with her head for Kyle to get up. “Some of my pack are having some trouble with orcs: we’re going to help them.” She explained as the party got their equipment together. Once everyone was ready, Clodagh turned and loped off into the forest, following the scout that had alerted her in the first place.

"B-but she's hurt" Lövgren managed to squeak out quietly, not nearly loud enough for to make the already leaving varg pause. He wanted to help the varg, heal her wounds. But they were already sprinting away and all he could do was follow through the thick of trees.

~¤¤¤~

The young drake didn't know what to do. Far to soon they had reached another clearing and Lövgrens first look at real battle. There was blood everywhere. The deep red of the varg mixed with the black of the orcs on the ground and across the fallen bodies of green skins. To Lövgrens slight relief there was no vargs among the corpses but whatever relief brought by this was ruined by the smell. The smell of dead and dying. Part of him, the predator, took that smell and told him that it was food and that this was the feeding grounds. But the other, bigger part of him, the gentle small dragon who loved to play, didn't know what to do and before he knew it the warriors with him had already joined the fray.

His friend had joined battle.

Yet Lövgren lagged behind, hesitating. What if he crushed someone? He gave Clodagh an uncertain clance before looking back quickly, steeling himself. Taking a deep breath and a steady posture, he gave his mightiest draconic roar, hoping to frighten the orcs into submission.

#31 GhostlyCheese

GhostlyCheese

Don't touch my SunnyD

• Banned
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:11 PM

"Yes, for you to be a jester, you'd at least have to learn how to smile" she replied lightly, if a touch teasingly.

Jacen smiled meek and truthfully. "I'll have to hear you sing to see if you're really a 'song of the Gods'." He replied, returning the tease, before thanking her.

"See, like that" she commented, as Jacen's grim veneer finally cracked a grin.

"Someone should make a sketch. It won't last too long..." Jacen replied, giving a little huff of a chuckle before he said so.

---

As his comrades attacked, Jacen held back and looked over the battle. He pulled his knife from his boot and moved towards a broad tree and stabbed into the trunk and pulled himself onto a branch above the ground. Damn... should've spent more time climbing trees and stuff as a kid. But I guess I never really had any friends to 'hang' around with...

He held himself on the tree, and pulled the string back and locked his aim on a Orc. The ugliest one of them all. Grimacing as the arrow flew through the air towards his bulldog-like face.

21.jpg

#32 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

Needless to say, the party’s assault caught the Chaos troops completely off-guard. The sudden appearance of more vargs, elves, a troll, and a dragon sent the surviving enemies into disarray. Several tried to flee on the spot, only to get dragged down and - in most cases - literally torn apart by members of Clodagh’s pack. The pack leader herself let out a fearsome howl, herself, leaping on the largest orc she could see still standing.

Her howl, however, was drowned out in Lövgren’s roar. Some of the younger vargs hesitated at the echoing noise, but it was the enemy that truly suffered from the primal fear that sound invoked. It was obvious that the skirmish would be much easier won now, as some of the enemy froze or outright tried to join those retreating.

Before the echoes of the dragon’s roar died out, John Merek fell among the fleeing enemy troops. Drawing his bow, he managed a hurried shot at a fleeing goblin. His arrow fell short, though, snapping as it bounced off of a particularly tough rock. Undeterred, the dwelf rushed two nearby orcs, both turning towards him as John let loose a battle cry, swinging his axe and sword wildly. One orc simply stumbled out of the reach of his blade, while the other barely managed to parry his other blow, getting knocked off-balance in the process. Both, however, failed to suffer wounds.

Fortunately, they were too stunned by all the wild factors coming into play to strike back.

Ne’eshjaatsoh, meanwhile, took a little more time with his attacks, but still rushed through a dual-strike. His bow sung as he unleashed a shaft toward one an orc in the distance, but his lack of expertise with the weapon caused his shot to go wide. Fortunately, it missed the varg that was battling the orc as well, though both continued to fight as the missile went too far to distract either combatant.

At any rate, the islander rushed the same orc, successfully leaping on it and throwing the monster off-balance. The Chaos warrior let out an infuriated roar, going for a dagger with his free hand as he dropped his polearm he wielded, only for Ne’eshj to thrust his own blade into the throat of his enemy. After a few seconds of intense bloodshed, the orc collapsed on his back, half-pinning the lithe islander under his bulk, but most definitely dead.

Liriel Vysalen, meanwhile, rushed up to assist John, lunging at the orc the dwelf had outright missed. As the orc was left stumbling, her spear easily caught the monster in the throat, tearing through the toughened flesh with a stomach-turning sputtering sound. However, she found her spear was firmly caught in the monster’s body as it collapsed, and would take some coaxing to remove.

Jacen Kingsfoil stayed back as the others rushed forward, reaching a higher vantage point before calmly taking aim at another orc. His arrow soared toward the target, missing by inches and getting the monster’s attention… and leaving it open to get tackled and torn apart by Clodagh.

Around the party, the last of the Chaos warriors were steadily cut down or driven off, leaving a handful more struggling against Clodagh’s vargs. Now surrounded, the solitary, noticeably large orc facing off with Merek pulls back from his blade, finding himself surrounded by elves, vargs, an islander, and an (admittedly small) dragon. He let out a growl, clutching his two-handed sword and taunting them in his native tongue.

Clodagh was clearly too busy leading her vargs in finishing off the rest of the warriors: it was up to the party how they dealt with this one.

#33 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

Know both Elvish and Dwarvish, there were several choice curse words John could have uttered upon his failure to kill either Orc.

However, they appeared to be all facing the last remaining Orc Soldiers.

The Half-Dwarf-Half-Elf swung his weapons expertly as he said "Don't think we won't kill Orc: it would be our pleasure. Surrender now, and we won't torment you to badly when we interrogate you."

He secretly hoped that the Orc would try to fight: his weapons were practically singing for blood. 

#34 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:38 PM

After killing her orc, Liriel looked up to that, aside from a few that Clodagh and her vargs seemed to have well in hand, only one orc was left facing them.

"Don't think we won't kill you, Orc: it would be our pleasure. Surrender now, and we won't torment you too badly when we interrogate you."

She doubted the orc would surrender, it looked like it was getting ready to go down swinging. While she didn't have a problem with that per se, it would be good to get some information if they could, and she highly doubted Clodagh's group were going to leave any of theirs alive.

"If I can get him to drop his weapon, will you grab him?" she whispered to Lövgren; the young dragon should be big enough to restrain the large orc, she figured.

Then, she did something that her compatriots probably weren't expecting: she began to sing. Her voice filled the clearing with the inhuman, ethereal, and haunting notes —though only the large orc that was her focus would get the real effect—, as she worked the ancient and feared art of her people.

If she was successful, the orc would find himself feeling immensely tired, his weapon like a brick of lead; the desire to stop fighting, to surrender, oh-so tempting....*

*((cast 'Enchanting Song' on the orc))

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#35 Balder

Balder

• 155 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:24 PM

Wow, that worked! Lövgren was astounded by the apparent success of his roar. He didn't think it was that impressive, he'd hear his mothers and, better yet, his grans battle roars. Now that was something truly impressive. But then again to compare the roar managed by the grand Gronvaenga and that of petite little Lövgren was not really a contest. And despite his comparatively small stature among dragons he was still the largest member of the group. It wasn't really surprising that the orcs would find his battle cry frightening.

Soon enough the green skins was routing and cloudagh leed her pack to take down the stragglers, leaving Lövgren and the other intrepid adventures to deal with one last remaining orc. Surrounded, the orc stepped back and growled, saying something to the group in a nasty tone that Lövgren didn't care for. While Merek spoke and told the orc to surrender Lövgren worried that they would have to kill the orc. He didn't want that. Even though the orc was clearly a nasty fellow, he still didn't deserve to die in Lövgrens mind.

The young dragons thoughts was interrupted by Liriel when she whispered to him, "If I can get him to drop his weapon, will you grab him?"

"Oh, right! I can do that" he responded a bit to loudly. "I'll try not to hurt him" Lövgren assured, tuning to the orc and preparing a pounce. Then a song filled the clearing and Lövgren was struck by how beautiful it was. Turning to the source he saw how Liriel shaped the song from her lips in a way that Lövgren never imagined. And something strange invaded his mind.

Want. Mine.

Shaking himself out his stupor, Lövgren tuned back to the orc, again preparing his pounce to hold it down.

#36 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:24 PM

Squirming under the weight of the enemy that had collapsed on top of him, Ne'eshj struggled to break free, his head swinging around on the lookout for any new assailant coming to take advantage of his plight. The black blood of his foe still spurted out lazily, and though certainly too far gone, the "orc" was still slowly moving its limbs in a sleepy effort to react as it last thought important. He could feel its spirit beginning to move on, coldly, confusedly...

Ne'eshj still was pinned under the orc's great bulk, his breath light. He pressed his hand to the ground, channeling his spirit into the earth, and as he did its surface began to subside beneath his lithe frame. In a moment the earth had yielded itself to him, allowing him space to wriggle and pull himself out from under the beast. He rolled to his knees and prepared himself again for battle, his eyes scanning his surroundings as he touched the earth in a thankful gesture, the subsided earth rising back where it had been.

His allies had formed a line, and a sort of music was being sung by one of them. Odd method of battle. His legs brought him behind them, ready to join again. 

#37 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

Just as the monstrous orc seemed ready to charge, John Merek taunted the warrior, brandishing his blades.

"Don't think we won't kill you, orc: it would be our pleasure. Surrender now, and we won't torment you too badly when we interrogate you."

The orc laughed harshly at him, lowering his guard slightly. If throwing insults was all this bearded elf wanted to do, he was in for a bad day… or so the warrior thought. He barred his blackened teeth, jeering back in his native tongue again, before finally switching to a more common language: “surrender now, and you might be shown some mercy when this forest burns to the-!” He began to roar, only to pause in slight confusion at the sound of enchanted song.

Liriel Vysalen strode forward, slowly, her voice projecting the infamous song of her people. The orc turned to face her, looking puzzled at first. However, he began to relax noticeably, a sleepy smile spreading across his ugly, scarred features as he shambled toward the sea witch. The orc barely managed a few steps before Lövgren pinned him under his impressive weight. The dragon managed not to harm the warrior more than necessary, and he remained in his stupor, now far more open to less violent interrogation.

Ne’eshjaatsoh, meanwhile, managed to call the spirits of the earth to his aid to escape the corpse of his enemy, wriggling out from under the fallen orc and rising to his feet in time to see the young dragon end the showdown his companions had found themselves in. As the islander headed over, he could see the vargs quickly finishing the rest of the skirmish under Clodagh’s bestial commands, and finally returning their attention to the last surviving warrior of Chaos. Clodagh herself stalked up beside the shaman, her maw stained almost black with tainted blood as she offered him a respectful nod.

“You fought well.” She offered, before glancing at the others; and their prisoner. The alpha varg growled at the sight of the still-living orc, picking up her pace to a rate that proved a little too fast for Ne’eshj.

Jacen Kingsfoil, Kyle, and Rock also made their way over from where they’d been, whether they had participated in the fight or not.

As the adrenaline slowly drained from everyone's systems, Clodagh joined the ring of people around the pinned and groggy orc warrior. She glared at him in silence for a few moments, before turning her attention to the rest of the party, eyeing each member in silence, but not with the same glare she delivered to the Chaos warrior.

“You did well catching this one,” she finally said. “I need to take charge of my pack at the moment. You get what information you can out of him, or the surroundings.” Clodagh added, turning away. “There are bound to be tracks that some of you can find, if you look hard enough.”

With that, she departed to growl and grunt in her own tongue to the members of her pack, though she specifically left Kyle to do as he wished.

#38 Hurki-Wan KenobLee

Hurki-Wan KenobLee

regular dudebro

• Nova Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:13 PM

Ne'eshj had been hastening to the battle when he saw it end. His pace slowed. The dragon was a mighty fighter. So young still. It would make a formidable fullgrown. 

As Ne'eshj trotted towards the frontline, the massive paws of the Varg leader came up alongside him. Ne'eshj was a bit startled, not entirely adjusted to the presence of such large and lethal beasts.  

“You fought well.” She offered, before growling and rushing forward to where one orc was being taken prisoner. She easily left Ne'eshj behind, and he slowed to a walk in the face of her speed. Coming to a stop, Ne'eshj looked back to where he had felled his foe, and then back to his newfound allies. He hummed quietly to himself as he started towards their gathering. 

"That was but one, great wolf," he spoke aloud without hope of her hearing. He cleaned his blades and put them away as he continued, "in the moons to come you will see many." 

#39 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:28 PM

You did well catching this one, I need to take charge of my pack at the moment. You get what information you can out of him, or the surroundings. There are bound to be tracks that some of you can find, if you look hard enough.

John sheathed his blades grumpily. He was miffed that he had not slain any of the Orc filth, but glad that the confrontation was over so quickly. The Islander, Ne'eshj, said at the retreating Varg:

"That was but one, great wolf, in the moons to come you will see many.

"Good," John said, spitting out of the side of his mouth in a very un-elf fashion "it's been too long since my blades have danced the song of Iron and Blood."

#40 Balder

Balder

• 155 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:58 PM

Lövgren looked worriedly at the dazed orc pined beneath him. The rude little guy was acting all weird and stuff, as if he'd eaten some bad mushrooms that could be found in the forest. Did Liriels song do that? The young drake looked up at the sea-elf with new found awe. Wow. That's... kinda scary.

Returning his gaze to the orc beneath him Lövgren realized that he was putting a bit too much weight on the poor fellow. Quickly he adjusted  his weight with an apology. "Sorry! Are you hurt? I didn't break anything, did I? I- I can fix it I swear!" Suddenly thoroughly convinced he'd accidentally broken the orcs back the small dragon went wide eyed as he started to hyperventilate. Ohnononono, I've KILLED him! No, wait, he's still alive, please don't die, please-don't-diepleasedon'tdiepleasedon'tdie, I'LL FIX HIM!

Taking a deep breath, Lövgren prepared the same healing green fire that Gronvaenga use to heal the forest after her battles in the hopes that i would carry a similar effect on the supposedly harmed orc beneath him. In his panic he didn't realize that he may do more harm than good to the orc.

((Not sure what'll happen. Maybe someone should calm Lövgren before he accidentally kills or buffs the orc.))

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users