NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Reedmarshes

24 replies to this topic

#21 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

Drake hesitated. "Okay... I noticed he had a certain smell that I remember only noticing in one other place in my life," he muttered under his breath. "If we ever get out of this town, you gonna give me the details?" He paused. "And should I wring his neck?"

“Not unless I tell you to,” she replied with a hint of coyness. “And definitely not until the idol is out of you. In fact, until then, I’d rather you didn’t touch him.” She really wasn’t certain if Kye could somehow use the demonic idol inside Tom against the knight, and she had no desire to find out.

Caiden soon joined them, mounted on his steed and riding up to say hello. Tom gave him an oddly hostile glance as he approached them, puzzling the priestess as she watched them interact.

The Venator cleared his throat. "Hey, Tom," he said.

"Hi," Drake replied. He looked away from Caiden and added knowingly, even if he didn't know exactly where she was,"Hi, Percula."

Ah yes. The pixie. Cae was starting to feel amazed at how much time the tiny creature spent inside larger people’s bodies. Perhaps it was simply something that her kind was fond of? She had no desire to make assumptions, but it seemed to be such a constant theme with Percula…

Rather than the stomach, however, this time she was occupying an empty eye cavity. Cae jumped back slightly in surprise as the little pixie lifted up Caiden;s eyepatch to greet Tom.

“Hi Tommy!” She called, with a mischievous grin and a tiny wave at Drake.

"Inconspicuous, remember?" Caiden grumbled, reaching up and pushing the eyepatch back down to conceal her again.

Drake blinked and stared for about half a second before he all but choked trying not to burst into laughter. He buried his face in one hand and snickered uncontrollably before he couldn't help himself and laughed aloud.

"I'm sorry, Caid," he said, still grinning, "that's just... wow, that's just adorable." And he meant it, too.

“No it iiiisnnnn’t!” The pixie whined, curling up. “It’s cool…” She mumbled.

“Pardon me,” Cae politely interjected as a wide smile broke out across her face, “But I’d like to point out that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, one of the most downright adorable things I’ve ever seen.” It was also the tiniest bit disturbing, as was the case with any of the time Percula spent crawling around inside the flesh of large, burly men, but that was perhaps best left unsaid.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#22 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:56 PM

“Inconspicuous, minkonspicuous…” Percula grumbled back.

"I'm serious," Caiden replied under his breath.

“No it iiiisnnnn’t!” The pixie whined at Drake's comment regarding how adorable it was. “It’s cool…”

“Pardon me,” Cae politely interjected as a wide smile broke out across her face, “But I’d like to point out that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, one of the most downright adorable things I’ve ever seen.”

Drake grinned from ear to ear in obvious agreement. Caiden turned an incredible shade of red, but he completely ignored it and - as usual - focused on the mission. "We should get moving before sundown," was all he said, as the others caught up to them.

Kye, who was hanging around nearby, inched over and hung near the back of the group without a word. Drake, catching his scent on the sea breeze, glanced back at him, but Kye simply looked away.

Drake returned his attention to Caiden. "You're just trying to draw attention away from how cute you two are," he commented as Drake, Caiden, and Marcus set their horses off out of the town, with some of them - namely Soothand, Evvy, and Kye - following along on foot behind.

"Maybe," was all Caiden said.

"Is she comfortable in there?" Tom asked, smirking.

"I should think so," the Venator said, just a tad defensive. Drake grinned a little wider, and Caiden glanced back at Evvy, Kye, and Soothand, who were all stuck walking along after the horses instead of hitching a ride. "I've got room for at least one more," Caiden said, "if any of you want a spot."

"I'm fine," Kye replied with a shrug, trudging on at a steady pace.

((This is a "we're leaving town now" post, so don't try to go anywhere else in the village. Everyone can keep talking, but I'll try to get the ruins zone up tomorrow so that we can transition into yet another zone and things may continue moving along.))

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#23 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,442 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:43 AM

Marcus breathed in the air as he led Naimah off the ship by her reins.  Other than the unfamiliar scent of marshes, he was practically home, in the obnoxiously sandy and oppressively hot southern lands.  Unfortunately, any hopes of finding refuge on familiar ground were dashed long ago, when he had first joined this odd group of people.  Now he was trusting his life to a werewolf, two men with unexplained demonic contacts, a fire mage, a she-elf, and a pixie.  The priestess of Athena was the only one whose very presence did not set off alarms in his head, yet her conspicuous wings still made the situation even more outlandish.  No one was going to believe his report on his whereabouts and activities.  At this rate, the Inquisitor seriously doubted if he should even bother writing one this time.

The veteran rode up as the group laughed about a peculiar glow coming from Caiden's eye socket, which Marcus deduced was most likely the pixie.  He groaned in exasperation, pinching the bridge of his nose as he prayed to the gods for strength.  As he did so, his helmet's visor slid on its well-oiled hinges, slamming down on his hand.  It caused no damage given its relative size and his gauntlets...but it made a slight, pitiful clang as metal bounced off of metal.  He sheepishly raised it again, then acted as if nothing had happened.

As the group prepared to leave the town, Caiden offered a seat on his own horse to three of their party who were on foot.  Kye politely refused, and seemed to be keeping a good pace.  Still, Marcus would not leave the other two to trudge through the desert, at least.  He chimed in, "I can also offer a seat, if you like.  Trust me, you don't want to exert yourself any more than necessary in the desert."  He attempted to make eye contact and extend a welcoming hand to each person as he offered.  "Soothand?  Er...madam?"  He realized that he had not actually spoken to the elf yet, and thus did not even know her name.  He recognized the creature at her side as a Caracal, or Desert Lynx, and was surprised to see one following an elf like a trained pet.  Though, of course, it was far from the strangest aspect of this group.  Not even close.

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#24 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

“Pardon me,” Cae ‘politely’ interjected, “But I’d like to point out that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, one of the most downright adorable things I’ve ever seen.”

Oh of course it would be her. Percula had half a mind to freeze the half-celestial solid for that comment.

"We should get moving before sundown," Caiden cut in, pointedly. Percula wondered if he was blushing as she shifted a little more to get comfortable.

“Mmhm.” She agreed, slightly less grumpy at the adorable thought of Caiden’s cheeks turning the color of strawberries. Heeheehee…

"You're just trying to draw attention away from how cute you two are," Tom pressed on. Caiden refused to give a definite affirmative, but the pixie grinned at his ‘maybe’. He totally means yes. Tom continued to tease him by asking if Percula was comfortable.

“Sort of-” She began to say, when Saffron got cut off.

"I should think so," the Venator said, just a tad defensively as he interrupted Percula. He went on to offer a ride to someone else. Presumably one of the human-sized members of the party.

“Hey, I was talking!” The pixie grumbled, giving the back of his eye socket a little, harmless punch. “It’s not like anyone else was listening…”

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#25 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:36 PM

“Hey, I was talking!” The pixie grumbled, giving the back of his eye socket a little, harmless punch. “It’s not like anyone else was listening…”

Caiden was starting to wonder what on earth he was thinking to have let Percula stay in his head, but he just said, "Sorry."

After picking up a few more supplies and stocking up on extra water as they exited Reedmarshes, the group set out into the deserts of Kemhet.

((Area transition - follow the link.))

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users