NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Reedmarshes

24 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:31 PM

A very small village not far from the Ruins of Qarta, the appropriately-named Reedmarshes - as the rough translation of its Kemheti name went - was a simple little port town that didn't see much activity. Larger ships all sailed straight past to the nearby Mysraiim, and smaller ships sometimes didn't even bother. By and large, Reedmarshes only saw business from the locals.

The town was made almost completely of light brownish mud brick, and the namesake reeds stood tall all around the docks... along with the namesake marsh smell filling the air. There wasn't much to see here, that was for sure: assorted little buildings that made up the various homes and shops of the inhabitants. The place surely had - at the very least - a tavern, a blacksmith, and a few other places to stock up on select goods or repair one's equipment. It was a charming place overall, though small and rather backwater, far from an impressive piece of civilization.

((Note: Reedmarshes is not on the map. It's along the shore between Mysraiim and the Ruins of Qarta.))

---

However, a backwater town was exactly what the crew of The Golden Dragon wanted.

After several long days - and even longer nights, with a werewolf on board, though somehow Drake managed to go for the entire rest of the journey without incident, thanks to no more fighting and a few of Caiden's potions - of sailing, the Dragon at last saw friendly shores again.

Much had happened during those nights, however. Eddy had secretly passed the chains he'd found on the enemy ship on to Caiden with the hearty recommendation that he slap them on Drake next time he caused trouble. Caiden was confident no one knew that he had indeed kept the chains among his things... even as useless as he imagined them to be.

Another incident had occurred involving a very peculiar bird: an osprey had landed right above the ship's wheel on the quarterdeck, and there it stayed until Eddy was summoned to investigate. This was no ordinary bird: it was a specially trained one, some say perhaps a bit too smart just to be ordinary. In any case, it came from Illikon with a message on its foot.

The message had been for Plexaura. She had not shared it with anyone except Caiden, and its contents remained unknown. In any case, it was clear she would not be coming ashore with the rest of them. She announced her intent: she would take the Dragon to the nearest large port city and then charter another ship up to Illikon, from whence she was bound for Arrowfall... to help a friend, or at least do her best trying. She and Caiden had spent several hours in private off and on to discuss the matter. No one had managed to eavesdrop on the exchanges.

Kye, meanwhile, had done his best to blend in and not draw any attention to himself - and avoid Cae at any and all costs. He'd done a very good job of the latter.

---

And now, at long last, the ship came smoothly into port at Reedmarshes, and those resting in the lower decks were awakened by a loud call that they had docked. Drake was perhaps the most eager of them all to keep moving, and he promptly got up and pulled on his sleeveless leather jerkin, this time donning his breastplate as well. Ghost was just as eager to get off the ship when Tom led the stallion up to the main decks.

Most of the crew were gathered there, looking around at the small town and feeling generally unimpressed. The pirates of the Dragon seemed used to it, though, and were setting to work checking on the ship's supplies and making ready to restock before another voyage.

Elektra approached Drake and stuck her hand out. "Well, Tom," she said with a smile, "until next time."

"It can't come soon enough," Drake replied with a smile of his own, and the two shared an utterly shameless kiss right in front of Eddy's eyes. The Captain scowled.

"Alright, I'm sick of that crap on my ship!" Eddy barked. "Get out of here, Drake, and take your circus with you! And next time the ride won't be free!"

"Gonna miss you, too, Eddy," Tom said with a grin, clasping the shorter privateer's wrist. "Out of curiosity, where are you guys headed next?"

"Mysraiim," Eddy answered - and then swore. "Why should I tell you, anyway? I hope to the gods you never set foot on my ship again. It's a wonder we weren't all eaten alive."

"But would you look at that - you weren't." He smacked the privateer on the shoulder. "I'll see you around, buddy."

Eddy grumbled something before saying flatly, "Get outta here, Drake."

He then turned on his heel and marched off, shouting orders as he went. Elektra had already disappeared again, so Drake took Ghost's reins and led the horse down the plank, waiting to be joined by the others. He just couldn't stand to wait on that ship any longer - he needed some solid ground under his feet.

---

After he'd finished several more long goodbyes - and probably a few small lectures - to Plexaura, Caiden rejoined Percula in the lower decks. They had the room where the horses had been staying all to themselves at the moment, particularly since Caiden was still gathering all his things, putting them back in bags, and preparing his horse to leave again.

Percula had spent her restful nights in an assortment of places - though none of them very far from Caiden, and some a little beyond merely 'close.' It didn't take a genius to figure out he would've been very hurt if she had ever ended up hiding someplace away from him even if it was still a curiosity whether or not he would admit that himself.

Once the Venator finished getting all his equipment put away and in order, Caiden turned to the pixie. "Well," he said, "looks like we're heading into human civilization again... Where do you want to hide out until we're through it?"

Judging by his tone, Percula could tell that he thought he had a good idea of what she might say. Still, he wasn't making any jokes or prods about it. It was just an honest question.

---

Kye was still on the main deck while everyone else milled around. He stood next to one of the ship's railings, leaning forward on his elbows. His stomach still felt like it was curling inwards on itself after so many days on the sea... especially days largely devoid of sleep. After all, if he slept, he couldn't keep his human disguise up. There was only one person on the ship who knew the truth about him, and that didn't enable him to sleep in a bunk like everyone else.

He straightened himself and blinked, rubbing both his eyes in turn a few times with his right hand before he headed for the plank and promptly got some distance from the ship. Slight exhaustion was written all over his face, and he didn't say two words to anyone as he started to wander aimlessly, trying to get some distance from Cae for a little while... and make sure she didn't say anything about him right now.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

While Percula had taken great care to stay away from Caiden’s stomach when finding places to sleep, she hadn’t gone far from him in general every night. Though, to be fair, she hadn’t gone full-size when she did it. Not yet, she thought, with a little sly smile as the ship was getting ready to dock. At least, that’s what she gathered from all the muffled shouting, not to mention Caiden getting his equipment together. Maybe when they got on land, she could spend a little more full-size time around Caiden. He certainly deserved to have a better look at his handiwork with her improvised dress. She’d thought about asking for some spares from Elektra, or someone else, but the cloak-outfit was actually really nice.

She sighed, sprawling out on his empty bed and idly straightening out some creases. Boy, I feel different…

Some time passed before Caiden returned from saying his goodbyes, and even then, he had some packing to do before he could really sit down and talk. Once the Venator finished getting all his equipment put away and in order, though, Caiden turned to the pixie. "Well," he said, "looks like we're heading into human civilization again... Where do you want to hide out until we're through it?"

The pixie pursed her lips in thought, taking flight. “Well…” She hummed, looking him over. “I mean,” she went on, glancing at his belly, thoughtfully, “it is comfy in there, but… if something happens, again, getting out could be messy. Again.” Percula pointed out, glancing up at his face. Then, with a mischievous gleam in her eyes, she focused on his eye patch and flew over to that.

“Hm… how about here?” She asked, tugging on the patch, before pausing. “Uh, there isn’t something on the other side, is there…?”

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#3 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

The pixie pursed her lips in thought, taking flight. “Well…” She hummed, looking him over. “I mean,” she went on, glancing at his belly, thoughtfully, “it is comfy in there, but… if something happens, again, getting out could be messy. Again.”

Caiden tried his best not to frown in spite of himself. "It was a pretty freak incident," he commented. "I mean, you just stayed in there too long. And you were asleep. But," he quickly clarified, "your choice."

Then she flew up to his face, and Caiden paused, reflexively flinching his head back slightly when she got near his blind side. She mostly disappeared from his view, but he felt her tugging on his eye-patch.

“Hm… how about here?” She asked. “Uh, there isn’t something on the other side, is there…?”

Caiden paused in surprise. He took a breath to answer and then hesitated, his one eye on the ground. Percula could tell it wasn't something he cared to talk about.

But he answered, "No, there isn't. Just... a scar, way back in there."

Without another word, he reached up and pulled the eye-patch aside, just enough to reveal his missing eye. It was, in fact, a completely empty socket lined with soft, pinkish tissue. Percula could see some kind of strange symbol or rune burned far in the back of the empty socket, staring straight at her from the shadows of his skull. Otherwise, there was nothing, except for some scarring around the socket itself, on the outside.

"Tom's always telling me I could hide things in there," Caiden said. "At least, he does when he gets mad and wants to make a jab. Anyway... er... well, you can try it if you want. It certainly doesn't have any other purpose," he added half-jokingly. "But it might be sensitive in there."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#4 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

Caiden paused in surprise. He took a breath to answer and then hesitated, his one eye on the ground. Percula could tell it wasn't something he cared to talk about, which made her hesitate.

But he answered, "No, there isn't. Just... a scar, way back in there."

She relaxed, but backed up. “Oh, that’s not so bad, is it?”

Without another word, he reached up and pulled the eye-patch aside, just enough to reveal his missing eye. It was all scarred up, and pink… and there was an odd rune she didn’t recognize at the back. It was all really weird and mysterious, and suddenly Percula had a dying urge to find out what happened, but she suppressed it with a super-human effort.

"Tom's always telling me I could hide things in there," Caiden said. "At least, he does when he gets mad and wants to make a jab. Anyway... er... well, you can try it if you want. It certainly doesn't have any other purpose," he added half-jokingly. "But it might be sensitive in there."

Percula chuckled. “Well… I’ll try it out, and if it doesn’t work out… we’ll find somewhere else?” She offered, landing on Caiden’s cheek and starting to carefully pull herself into the socket.

At least it’s kinda roomy in here...

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:26 PM

Percula chuckled. “Well… I’ll try it out, and if it doesn’t work out… we’ll find somewhere else?” She offered, landing on Caiden’s cheek and starting to carefully pull herself into the socket.

Caiden just stared straight ahead, unable to watch her. But he blinked a few times, the hairs on the back of his neck standing on end as Percula pulled herself up into the opening in his skull - the lining of which was surprisingly soft, in a way. He grunted quietly when she was inside and feeling her move around, wondering if this was more or less awkward than usual. Somehow, right now, he was thinking it was more awkward.

He didn't, however, complain or really let off any obvious indications about how weird it felt. All he said was, "How is it?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

The days and nights of journeying had been nowhere near as eventful as their first night out at sea had been, a mercy Cae was still silently thanking Athena for. When she hadn’t been praying or checking on Tom’s wounds, she’d done her best to spend more time with him, talking with the knight, sharing stories, and occasionally doing something decidedly less innocent. Doubt had now long set it in that Athena was against their after-dark conjugation, based on the fact that Cae had not yet been struck down by divine intervention. Mercifully, the demon had avoided her the entire time--he seemed almost afraid to confront a Celestial being in those rare moments when she caught a glimpse of him. Whatever kept him away was fine by her.

When they’d arrived at the little port of Reedmarshes, Cae had followed along right behind Tom, long brown coat once again concealing her wings. In the heat of the Kemheti sun, such garments were considerably warmer. So warm, in fact, that she wasn’t sure how in the world she was going to manage a trek through the desert while wearing it; as soon as they were away from this settlement, she planned to toss off the coat as they proceeded on ahead. By now the whole group was well aware of her true nature anyway.

Tom said his goodbyes to the crew as Cae followed along on foot, one little goodbye in particular giving her an ounce of… ire, for lack of a better work. His parting with Elektra and the little kiss they shared, right in front of Caecillia, caused the priestess to briefly experience a wave of thoughts entirely unbecoming a holy manifestation of the will of Athena. The feeling started to subside after a few moments, but she still glared a couple of daggers at Elektra while walking down the plank after Tom.

Her attention turned back to them once she was back on solid ground, her footing a bit unstable for a moment as she quickly had to remember what it was like to not have the floor beneath her constantly swaying. Upon obtaining some degree of stability, she approached Ghost, placing her hands on his back while looking up at Tom.

“I don’t suppose he has room for two up there?” she asked in a sweet tone, petting the mount as she did so.

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#7 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:08 PM

Drake had just mounted his steed again when Cae approached. “I don’t suppose he has room for two up there?” she asked in a sweet tone, petting the mount as she did so.

Tom grinned and gently pulled her up behind him. "Of course he does," he replied. Ghost, however, snorted and pawed at the ground in irritation. Drake patted the horse's neck.

"He doesn't like anybody but me," he explained. "But he'll get used to you. Right, Ghost?"

The stallion whickered.

"He's a grouch." Tom glanced at her over one shoulder. "Not sure where you should hold onto me until we get rid of this stupid... thing," he muttered. "Just... wherever it doesn't hurt."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#8 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

Tom grinned and gently pulled her up behind him. "Of course he does," he replied. Ghost, however, snorted and pawed at the ground in irritation. Drake patted the horse's neck.

"He doesn't like anybody but me," he explained. "But he'll get used to you. Right, Ghost?"

The stallion whickered.

"He's a grouch." Tom glanced at her over one shoulder. "Not sure where you should hold onto me until we get rid of this stupid... thing," he muttered. "Just... wherever it doesn't hurt."

Cae smiled as she reached out and put her arms around his upper chest, right underneath his shoulders. It was the one little band where she had found she could grab his torso without being burnt. “Don’t worry. I think I’ve become quite adept at finding positions that don’t hurt.”

She scooted up a bit closer to Tom, keeping her chest away from his back. At this distance, any heat the idol might have generated would be impossible to notice next to the heat of the sun beating down upon them. All she’d have to do is hold right about there as they headed out into the desert, and there wouldn’t be a problem. They’d find this temple, Tom would finally get to remove the idol, and hopefully, whatever they found in there really could help his condition.

“How far is it to this temple?” she asked in a whispering tone as the rest of the part came down the ship’s ramp to join them. “And how soon until we’re far enough away from the authorities to get that accursed thing out of you?”

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#9 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

Cae smiled as she reached out and put her arms around his upper chest, right underneath his shoulders. It was the one little band where she had found she could grab his torso without being burnt. “Don’t worry. I think I’ve become quite adept at finding positions that don’t hurt.”

Drake just grinned and said, "I know you have."

“How far is it to this temple?” she asked in a whispering tone as the rest of the party came down the ship’s ramp to join them. “And how soon until we’re far enough away from the authorities to get that accursed thing out of you?”

"I, ah... don't really know," Tom replied, his voice just as low. "I don't think it's that far, according to the map Caid and I got a look at one time. It's just in the middle of nowhere. As for authorities," he glanced around the town and arched a brow, "I'm not sure how many of those are even around here."

Looking back at her instead, he added, "But when we do it, aren't you gonna need someone else to, ah..." she thought she saw him pale just a little, but he cleared his throat and finished, "pull it out?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#10 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

"I, ah... don't really know," Tom replied, his voice just as low. "I don't think it's that far, according to the map Caid and I got a look at one time. It's just in the middle of nowhere. As for authorities," he glanced around the town and arched a brow, "I'm not sure how many of those are even around here."

Looking back at her instead, he added, "But when we do it, aren't you gonna need someone else to, ah..." she thought she saw him pale just a little, but he cleared his throat and finished, "pull it out?"

“I suppose so,” she said with a minor shrug. “I’m sure Caiden or another can be trusted to physically grab it, while I help to soothe the pain.” Almost anyone here could probably be trusted with that task really--with one exception. She took a look around, not spotting Kye on the ground with them as of yet.

Pulling Tom a bit closer, she changed the subject. “The only one I won’t allow to grab it is the man we rescued from the pirate vessel. He’s… now what he appears.” She wasn’t about to blather about his identity to everyone else and risk forcing the demon to take drastic actions, but Tom deserved to at least get a hint about Kye’s true nature.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#11 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

“I suppose so,” she said with a minor shrug. “I’m sure Caiden or another can be trusted to physically grab it, while I help to soothe the pain.”

Drake arched a brow. "I guess. I'll probably see if I can get Caid to do it..."

Pulling Tom a bit closer, she changed the subject. “The only one I won’t allow to grab it is the man we rescued from the pirate vessel. He’s… not what he appears.”

Drake hesitated. "Okay... I noticed he had a certain smell that I remember only noticing in one other place in my life," he muttered under his breath. "If we ever get out of this town, you gonna give me the details?" He paused. "And should I wring his neck?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#12 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

As the pixie clambered into his skull, Caiden didn't complain or really let off any obvious indications about how he felt. All he said was, "How is it?"

Percula shrugged, curling up and making sure the eyepatch covered her up completely. She tried to keep her wings from twitching or anything, having the feeling that would make him want to scratch his eye socket… with her inside. That probably wouldn’t end well. The very thought of him attempting that sent chills down her spine.

“Pretty good!” She said, her trepidation at the possibility of getting reduced to paste by Caiden’s knuckle hardly showing in her voice. “I mean, it’s not quite as good as your belly, but I can go in and out a lot easier…” The pixie pointed out. Like when we give Tommy that growth potion… oh, speaking of which! “Uh, on a toootally related note, did you tell Tommy about the growth potion idea? For getting that idol out of him?”

#13 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:18 PM

Caiden tentatively slid his eyepatch back down, and Percula fit completely inside. He scratched the side of his head at how it felt, but otherwise he left it alone.

“Pretty good!” Percula said. “I mean, it’s not quite as good as your belly, but I can go in and out a lot easier…”

The Venator gave a short laugh. "Yeah. Well, you can go in there again if you get tired of it. Just let me know."

“Uh, on a toootally related note, did you tell Tommy about the growth potion idea? For getting that idol out of him?”

He paused - and then frowned. "No, I didn't. We'll have to let him know when we get out of this town... which should be in just a few minutes."

Caiden turned back to his horse and put the saddle on, finishing everything and then grabbing the reins to lead the horse out. "I've still got all my supplies, so all we need is the opportunity to brew it. The question is, who's going to go in there after it? And... how big is it gonna make him, anyway?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#14 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:36 PM

The Venator gave a short laugh. "Yeah. Well, you can go in there again if you get tired of it. Just let me know."

Percula smirked. “We’ll see…”

He paused - and then frowned - after Saffron mentioned the growth potion. "No, I didn't. We'll have to let him know when we get out of this town... which should be in just a few minutes."

“Oh, okay.” She said, shrugging. Just as long as he isn’t trying to make some silly plan already… like cutting it out of himself, or something.

Caiden did a few things which Percula could sort of feel from where she was sitting, though she couldn’t exactly see anything. Maybe I should poke some holes in this eyepatch. "I've still got all my supplies, so all we need is the opportunity to brew it. The question is, who's going to go in there after it? And... how big is it gonna make him, anyway?"

“Uh,” Percula blinked. “I… suppose I’m the only one who knows what I’m doing in someone else’s guts.” She realized. Though didn’t Evvy mention in interest in getting eaten, or something? I’ll have to ask her… “As for how big he’ll be, um, that depends. I know how to make one that’ll make a pixie human-sized, so… er, I think it’ll be the same scale difference thingamajig with him if I brew a potion that potent.” She paused. “Or I could make it less powerful…”

#15 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:56 PM

“Uh,” Percula blinked. “I… suppose I’m the only one who knows what I’m doing in someone else’s guts.”

Caiden did his very best not to laugh as he led the horse out of the ship and down toward the plank. "I suppose," he muttered under his breath. "You might want a hand, though. Unless Tom just eats us all like I'm afraid he might."

“As for how big he’ll be, um, that depends. I know how to make one that’ll make a pixie human-sized, so… er, I think it’ll be the same scale difference thingamajig with him if I brew a potion that potent.” She paused. “Or I could make it less powerful…”

"Not sure," Caiden muttered. "I guess that'd be fine... I'm just worried about it drawing much attention or Tom getting hurt. Or just embarrassing himself," he snorted. "Or getting all of us in trouble... as long as whoever goes in is fast enough that it doesn't wear off while anyone is in there."

After he led his horse outside and mounted again, he said under his breath, "The main thing I'm worried about is how Tom is gonna react - and what he might do. The whole thing could go south pretty fast if he stops taking it seriously."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#16 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:00 PM

"I suppose," Caiden muttered under his breath after seeming to almost laugh at her point. "You might want a hand, though. Unless Tom just eats us all like I'm afraid he might."

Percula blinked. “I don’t think he’d go that crazy… and, uh, I don’t think there’s room for more than a couple of people in there.” She added, with a slight hopeful tone. Except apparently he can fit a whole idol in his gut, if he wants.

"Not sure," Caiden went on muttering. "I guess that'd be fine... I'm just worried about it drawing much attention or Tom getting hurt. Or just embarrassing himself," he snorted. "Or getting all of us in trouble... as long as whoever goes in is fast enough that it doesn't wear off while anyone is in there."

The pixie shrugged. “Well, that’s… another reason I’d go in. I can shrink.” And cook up potions on the fly, sort of.

After that, he mounted - something Percula could piece together via movement and sound - and said under his breath, "The main thing I'm worried about is how Tom is gonna react - and what he might do. The whole thing could go south pretty fast if he stops taking it seriously."

Saffron rolled her eyes. Of course she’d thought of that. Though she didn’t imagine Tom would… well, do certain things at his new size. Like rampage through cities, kidnap conveniently beautiful women, and eat people. Like real giants. She bit her lip, realizing that perhaps making Tom big enough to tower over a hill giant was not the best of ideas…

“Uh… good point.” Percula realized, before shifting. “Though as long as I go in first, I can make… an antidote of sorts.” She said, grinning. “And as long as he doesn’t… well, do anything stupid before I can give it to him, it should be fine.” She added, realizing how weak that solution seemed to be in that light.

#17 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:41 PM

The pixie shrugged. “Well, that’s… another reason I’d go in. I can shrink.”

Caiden nodded. "Saves me from having to go in," he said, unable to resist a smirk. "I'll reach into Tom's stomach and pull it out if it comes to cutting him open, but I'll be the last person in line to go in there and haul it out. He's lucky you happened along."

“Uh… good point.” Percula realized at his next comment, before shifting. Caiden tensed a little when she did, his head tilting slightly to the left, but he didn't say anything. “Though as long as I go in first, I can make… an antidote of sorts.” She said, grinning. “And as long as he doesn’t… well, do anything stupid before I can give it to him, it should be fine.”

He couldn't help but laugh. "Tom is always doing something stupid..." he muttered under his breath.

What he didn't realize was that, while Cae couldn't hear him, Drake still could with those inhuman senses of his. And he caught a sharp glare from the knight as Caiden's steed joined Ghost while they waited for the others.

The Venator cleared his throat. "Hey, Tom," he said.

"Hi," Drake replied. He looked away from Caiden and added knowingly, even if he didn't know exactly where she was, "Hi, Percula."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#18 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:52 PM

Caiden nodded. "Saves me from having to go in," he said, unable to resist a smirk. "I'll reach into Tom's stomach and pull it out if it comes to cutting him open, but I'll be the last person in line to go in there and haul it out. He's lucky you happened along."

Percula made a face at the mention of cutting Tom open, wondering how any of them could contemplate that, before shrugging at the last thing he said. “Weeell, Evvy said she wouldn’t mind getting eaten. Maybe she’ll keep me company.” She half-joked, shifting a tad to get more comfortable.

He couldn't help but laugh at her mention of Tom doing stupid things. "Tom is always doing something stupid..." he muttered under his breath. A moment later, though, the Venator cleared his throat. "Hey, Tom," he said.

Puzzled, Percula stayed quiet. Did he…?

"Hi," Drake replied. "Hi, Percula."

She blinked, and then remembered what he could do. And what he had done. He was a wolf-person… so apparently that gave him good hearing and stuff. And apparently it wasn’t a good idea to put him in a bad mood. So, with lack of anything else to do, the pixie uncurled and leaned forward, pushing Caiden’s eyepatch open. Her yellow glow leaked out, making it obvious to the perceptive observer where she was.

“Hi Tommy!” She called, with a mischievous grin and a tiny wave at Drake.

#19 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 08:14 PM

“Weeell, Evvy said she wouldn’t mind getting eaten. Maybe she’ll keep me company.” She half-joked, shifting a tad to get more comfortable.

Again Caiden scratched his head at her shifting around, just to try and relieve some of how much it tickled. "That... doesn't surprise me, really," he said lightly.

After exchanging greetings with Drake, Caiden suddenly felt Percula moving around in there some more - and then felt the eyepatch being lifted. He also felt his face flush hot.

“Hi Tommy!” Percula called, with a mischievous grin and a tiny wave at Drake.

"Inconspicuous, remember?" Caiden grumbled, reaching up and pushing the eyepatch back down to conceal her again.

Drake blinked and stared for about half a second before he all but choked trying not to burst into laughter. He buried his face in one hand and snickered uncontrollably before he couldn't help himself and laughed aloud.

"I'm sorry, Caid," he said, still grinning, "that's just... wow, that's just adorable." And he meant it, too.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#20 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:31 PM

And with a single finger Caiden defeated her, pushing the eyepatch shut and forcing Percula to curl back up in his eye socket. “H-hey!” She protested, pouting.

"Inconspicuous, remember?" Caiden grumbled.

“Inconspicuous, minkonspicuous…” Percula grumbled back.

Outside, Tom was loudly busting a gut with his laughter, after almost dying trying to hold it in. The pixie felt her cheeks grow red. Is he laughing at me, now?!

"I'm sorry, Caid," he said, grinning, "that's just... wow, that's just adorable."

“No it iiiisnnnn’t!” The pixie whined, curling up. “It’s cool…” She mumbled.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users