NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - The Golden Dragon (at sea)

247 replies to this topic

#21 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

“Uh… that depends.” Percula finally decided, landing on the lip of one of Caiden’s bags. “Do you think the idol will get affected by… uh, any potions? Since it’s kinda magical?”

Caiden frowned. "Wish I had an answer," he replied. "I have no idea. I've never had the misfortune of messing around with many magic artifacts. My guess would be that it wouldn't be affected, but gods only know if that's the case. I've seen magic do some unpredictable things," he added, gesturing at the patch over his left eye, "but those were spells, not objects."

Percula could tell just from the look in his eye that he was interested in any ideas related to potions, but he somehow restrained himself from asking again just what potion she had in mind.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#22 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

Caiden frowned. "Wish I had an answer," he replied. "I have no idea. I've never had the misfortune of messing around with many magic artifacts. My guess would be that it wouldn't be affected, but gods only know if that's the case. I've seen magic do some unpredictable things," he added, gesturing at the patch over his left eye, "but those were spells, not objects."

Percula could tell just from the look in his eye that he was interested in any ideas related to potions, but he somehow restrained himself from asking again just what potion she had in mind. Normally she would have used that to tease him, one way or another, but after what had happened a few moments before… she bit her lip, looking at the gathered ingredients.

“Weeell,” The pixie finally said, turning away from the bag somewhat reluctantly. There’s so much stuff in these things! “I was thinking of making him a growing potion. So he could spit the idol back out, easier.” She finally said, suddenly realizing how ridiculous that might sound to Caiden, and also how that might affect how little he trusted her already.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#23 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:12 PM

“I was thinking of making him a growing potion. So he could spit the idol back out, easier.” She finally said.

Somehow, Caiden couldn't help but laugh, though it was short-lived. "I think he might enjoy that too much," he commented. "But that'd work better than anything I had in mind. I was thinking much more... straightforward means. I'm sure even Tom would take a potion before letting someone cut his stomach open. Still," he added a little wryly, "when we get there, let me know when you're going to give it to him, so I can try to stay well out of his reach."

Caiden paused for another moment or two before saying, "So I guess that's more of your pixie magic, changing someone else's size. I've never known how to make that kind of potion before... if you're willing to teach me, I'd try to find some way to repay you."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#24 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:43 PM

Somehow, Caiden couldn't help but laugh at her suggestion, though it was short-lived. "I think he might enjoy that too much," he commented. "But that'd work better than anything I had in mind. I was thinking much more... straightforward means. I'm sure even Tom would take a potion before letting someone cut his stomach open.”

Percula blinked. Is he serious?

Still," he went on a little wryly, "when we get there, let me know when you're going to give it to him, so I can try to stay well out of his reach."

Saffron was still a little shocked by the idea of Caiden cutting Tom open to get the idol out, but she offered a weak grin. “Yeah… sure...”

Caiden paused for another moment or two before saying, "So I guess that's more of your pixie magic, changing someone else's size. I've never known how to make that kind of potion before... if you're willing to teach me, I'd try to find some way to repay you."

The pixie crossed her arms. “Magic? Nah, it’s just boredom.” She said, hopping into his bag of supplies. “Thought I suppose that’s sort of a magic all on it’s own…”

Percula poked her head back out of the bag. “As for teaching you… hm…” She exaggerated a thinking expression, before beaming. “We’ll see!”

Then she set about seeing if he had the ingredients for a growth potion. And a shrinking potion. Those were fun to use...

#25 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:52 PM

The pixie crossed her arms. “Magic? Nah, it’s just boredom.” She said, hopping into his bag of supplies. “Thought I suppose that’s sort of a magic all on it’s own…”

Caiden crossed his own arms and snorted. "Guess so."

Percula poked her head back out of the bag. “As for teaching you… hm…” She exaggerated a thinking expression, before beaming. “We’ll see!”

The Venator smirked in spite of himself. "I'll try not to get my hopes up, then," he replied.

Percula found - just in this one bag alone - enough supplies to make a growth potion, a shrinking potion, a strength-enhancing potion, quite a few more sense-enhancing potions, more of those wake-up potions like he had given to that elf... And gods only knew some of the other things that could've been concocted mixing up the various reagents in new ways.

Still, to a knowledgeable herbalist, there was enough to make a wide variety of things, and certainly enough to make a dose large enough for a human - or several doses - of the two potions she had in mind.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#26 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:51 PM

The Venator smirked in spite of himself. "I'll try not to get my hopes up, then," he replied.

Percula giggled, before returning her attention to the bag. What she found was… well, it was like a gold mine. There was a long moment of silence as the pixie just took in everything, and realized all the different things she could do. A last gasp escaped from her as the shock overcame Saffron for a few moments. Finally, she fluttered out of the bag, looking happier than ever.

“Your pack is full of heaven!” She declared, performing a neat somersault before heading back in the back, sorting through the dozens of available ingredients. Her mind raced with potion recipes she knew and the sorts of ‘harmless’ pranks she could pull off with them. Making Tommy a giant was nothing compared to what she could do-

At that moment, Percula paused, forcing herself to calm down. Okay, focus. Growth potion… and maybe a shrinking potion. She thought, struggling to separate the ingredients for those brews from the rest. “Now if I just have a little of this, and a little of that… a couple giant pinches of this do-higgy…” She muttered, not knowing the names of most of the ingredients involved in her work. She’d always relied on pictures and other physical descriptions of items back in her home village. Who needed names for this sort of stuff, anyway? They always ended up sounding dumb. I mean, c’mon, ‘monk’s root’? Who came up with that one? A monk?

#27 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:05 PM

“Now if I just have a little of this, and a little of that… a couple giant pinches of this do-higgy…”

Caiden waited patiently. "You could just leave it all in there until you have the other ingredients ready," he said. "I've got enough equipment to brew a potion right now, if you want. Not sure why you'd want to right this minute, but I'm just saying - we could."

He paused and finally asked something that had been on his mind: "If you think Tom's stomach is too cramped right now, then where are you planning to hide?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#28 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:43 PM

Caiden waited patiently. "You could just leave it all in there until you have the other ingredients ready," he said. "I've got enough equipment to brew a potion right now, if you want. Not sure why you'd want to right this minute, but I'm just saying - we could."

“Huh?” Percula poked her head back out. “Uh, actually, you’ve got everything I need in here!” She announced, grinning. “Though, just to make sure no one accidentally drinks it or something, maaaybe we should wait a little before brewing it up?” Because a giant on this ship would probably accidentally kill everyone...

Caiden paused and finally asked something that had been on his mind: "If you think Tom's stomach is too cramped right now, then where are you planning to hide?"

The pixie blinked at that, and almost unconsciously her eyes fell to his midriff. “Uh…” She blinked, and quickly looked back at his face. “I dunno.” She offered, rather quickly, and trying to pretend she didn’t just look at his stomach. Dammit, dammit, dammit...

#29 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:54 PM

“Huh?” Percula poked her head back out. “Uh, actually, you’ve got everything I need in here!” She announced, grinning. “Though, just to make sure no one accidentally drinks it or something, maaaybe we should wait a little before brewing it up?”

Caiden grimaced. "Yeah, that'd be bad," he muttered, imagining if it got mixed up in his own potions.

The pixie blinked at his question, and her eyes fell to his midriff. “Uh…” She blinked, and quickly looked back at his face. “I dunno.” She offered, rather quickly.

The Venator followed her gaze and paused for a moment before suddenly looking amused. "You've been thinking about that this entire time, haven't you?" he teased. He then added in a more serious tone, "I admit it's, er, newer to me than it is to Tom, but you could just ask."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#30 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:08 PM

The Venator followed her gaze, though, and paused for a moment before suddenly looking amused. "You've been thinking about that this entire time, haven't you?" he teased.

Percula’s face went bright red. “I-I have not!” She countered, truthfully enough. Only a little bit… once or twice...

He then added in a more serious tone, "I admit it's, er, newer to me than it is to Tom, but you could just ask."

The pixie grit her teeth cursing herself silently. Seriously? This is why I ended up leaving my home; because I keep throwing myself into stupid situations like this. Ugh, why do I even bother? I might as well build a house in one of their guts and just not try anymore. She let out a long sigh after a few moments. Well, on that note…

“Erm, well… then…” Percula took a deep breath, and shut her eyes tight. “I-dunno-I-guess-let’s-just-get-it-over-with-okay?” She finally burst out, practically in a single breath,

#31 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:28 PM

“Erm, well… then…” Percula took a deep breath, and shut her eyes tight. “I-dunno-I-guess-let’s-just-get-it-over-with-okay?” She finally burst out, practically in a single breath.

Caiden hesitated for just a moment before he shrugged and said, "Alright. Keep in mind I've never exactly done this before."

He then reached over and carefully picked her up in one hand, pausing again for another second in apparent uncertainty with this whole idea before he took a breath and muttered, "Well, you said to get it over with..."

The Venator very carefully placed the pixie in his mouth, square on his tongue. He closed his jaws, shutting out Percula's light. For a moment it seemed like he was going to hesitate again, but he suddenly pushed Percula towards his throat and swallowed.

It felt unusual, to say the least, to swallow something so large, and he grimaced briefly as she went down. Caiden self-consciously glanced at the door to the room, but no one was there, so he didn't budge. The fact that he'd fulfilled the pixie's request suddenly seemed to hit him like a brick, along with all the endless things that could have gone wrong or that Percula could now consciously make go wrong, but he didn't make a fuss of any of it.

Instead he just asked, his voice oddly without any of his usual determined edge, "Percula? Did that, er... work?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#32 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:53 PM

"Alright. Keep in mind I've never exactly done this before."

Oh spirits, he’s actually going to do it.

Percula refused to open her eyes as she was picked up in one comparatively huge hand, though Caiden paused for second in apparent uncertainty with this whole idea before he took a breath and muttered, "Well, you said to get it over with..."

The Venator very carefully placed the pixie in his mouth, square on his tongue. Saffron struggled to remind herself this was all perfectly safe, and that flailing around would only make things worse. Thus, for better or worse, she couldn’t tell Caiden’s mouth closed behind her besides from a slight click of teeth. There was moment  of stillness... but he suddenly pushed Percula towards his throat and swallowed.

Needless to say, Percula was surprised enough by the sudden action to scream for a good bit, struggling a little on her way down his throat, before she remembered it was all okay.That was just enough for her to behave until she slid into his stomach.

Caiden suddenly asked, his voice oddly without any of his usual determined edge; not to mention messed up just slightly by the strange acoustics of his guts, "Percula? Did that, er... work?"

The pixie cautiously got to her feet, leaning against one fleshy wall for support. If it wasn’t for the lack of a wall of sloped, slimy gold and a different voice, she might’ve thought she was back in Tom’s gut again. Is that a good thing, or a bad thing? Percula thought, glancing around. Then she realized she could stretch out her wings and had some room to spare. Slowly, she grinned.

“Yep!” She offered, with a cheerfulness that surprised her, given the circumstances. The sole fact that she could stretch where she was suddenly did wonders for her mood. “There’s actually room in heeere!”

Disregarding how it might feel like for Caiden, the pixie abruptly attempted to hug the nearest stomach wall.

#33 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:17 PM

Caiden shifted around some when he felt Percula moving inside him, a shiver running up his spine at how very unnatural it felt. Sure, she was tiny, but he could still feel her perfectly well. In any case, he waited in silence for her response.

“Yep!” She offered, with sudden cheerfulness. “There’s actually room in heeere!”

Taken aback by just how very happy she seemed, Caiden didn't respond - nor did he have time to, before she gave the wall a hug. The stomach was soft enough that her hugging it made some of it knead up in her arms a bit. Then she suddenly felt the entire world around her shift a little, though it wasn't enough to throw her off-balance.

Caiden tensed at whatever she was doing, making a quiet yelp in his throat at the way it felt, even if it certainly didn't hurt. Still, it felt so strange that even he had to try and not freak out a little. But, of course, he succeeded and relaxed again in about half a second.

"Glad I'm not a disappointment," he replied half-jokingly, managing a rather awkward laugh. "Whenever you want to get out, just let me know. You'll have to tell me how Tom does it, though."

Not that Caiden imagined she wanted to get out anytime soon, as eager as she was to go in there. And he didn't care, either, as long as she didn't cause trouble. Which... if she stayed in there, she could only cause trouble for him, and no one could cause trouble for her. In a very strange way, it felt like the same protection he was used to offering.

In case anyone else happened into the room, he started closing up all his supply bags again and placing them back in an orderly fashion. Now Percula knew about the potion supplies, but he'd be damned if he let that creepy elf find out about them anytime soon, if he could help it. Even the pixie, whether she was in his stomach or not, didn't disturb him half as much as her.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#34 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:06 AM

After a few moments, Drake was pulling back only slightly, perhaps having felt the heat of the idol and realized that this kind of contact had a special sort of unpleasantness to it. With his chest no longer pressed all the way against hers, it no longer felt as if she was being gutted alive, yet…. it was odd. She almost wanted to pull him right back in. It was not an impulse she acted on, however, as the knight’s hand came to rest on her cheek, his green eyes making firm contact with her own.

"I don't want to hurt you," he said quietly. His thumb brushed her skin, and he leaned his face in just a little closer - but he paused again, staying as close to her as he could without his stomach making any contact. Finally, he managed a smile, even if his eyes were still red. "Thank you," he finished, his voice as low as ever. "For everything."

Cae nodded, her expression weary from the pain of having had the idol so close to her, but she managed not to show the full extent of the agony that had been pounding in her gut moments ago. Besides, just looking into his eyes was relaxing. He may have been a werewolf, but right now, he looked like a perfectly handsome warrior to her. Big, strong, ready to do anything to help her,,, handsome as any man she had ever seen… extremely close to her…

Without a single thought beforehand, she leaned in and suddenly pressed her lips against his own. It was a contact that lasted barely seconds before she leaned back, eyes suddenly wide as supper plates. It didn’t even seem to hurt--their heads were far enough away from his stomach to avoid the idol’s nastiest effects, apparently. In fact, it felt nice. Quite nice. Much nicer than she had expected. Did she even have expectations for that though? Well, if she had, that probably would’ve exceeded them.

The priestess could practically feel her cheeks coloring to the shade of fresh-picked red apples. “I’m sorry,” she said, “I… ah… I seem to have trouble controlling myself around you.” Her hands, resting on his shoulders still, moved up to gently massage his neck. “We, uh, we should probably get something to eat, shouldn’t we?”

Before Tom could react, she made a quick addendum. “Or, uh… that… you know… that doesn’t hurt, a-and I like having my wings out, so we could… some more.”

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

ezgif_com_b873041021.gif

#35 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:43 AM

Drake saw the look on her face, even as well as she concealed most of the pain, and he felt a pain in the pit of his stomach that was very much not caused by the idol. He didn't want to hurt her - he felt awful even imagining what she might've been feeling a few seconds ago. As much as he wanted to, he knew he shouldn't...

But she kissed him first, even if it was far, far too short. Tom had to admit, it still managed to surprise him, making him tense slightly as his hands slid along her skin and held her a little tighter - though he remained quite conscious of keeping his torso away from her, thinking constantly of how much it must've hurt her just to have hugged him for that long.

Cae blushed awfully, and Drake slid his hand down to caress her back. He, on the other hand, wasn't embarrassed in the least.

“I’m sorry,” she said, “I… ah… I seem to have trouble controlling myself around you.”

The knight just smiled and said, "I always have trouble controlling myself - I'm not about to judge."

Her hands, resting on his shoulders still, moved up to gently massage his neck. Drake seemed to enjoy it deeply, given the way he breathed a short sigh and relaxed his muscles that felt like they had been tensed ever since the minute he left Illikon.

“We, uh, we should probably get something to eat, shouldn’t we?”

She really didn't want Tom to answer that, given just a few of the things he could remark right now, but thankfully she interrupted him before he could: “Or, uh… that… you know… that doesn’t hurt, a-and I like having my wings out, so we could… some more.”

Drake didn't even answer. He just leaned in and kissed her again, drawing it out longer this time. And he kissed her again, this time with even more passion, nuzzling against her face briefly before he apparently stopped himself - but he kept kissing her, again and again, his hands tightening on her body.

Lost in the moment, he hugged her against him once more, pressing their bodies together and running his hands all over her skin, slipping them beneath her robes - and then he stopped almost immediately, moving his torso away just as before. She could tell the idol hurting her whenever he got close was starting to drive him mad.

After what felt like a far too brief moment to him, he moved his head back from hers, breathing a short, almost nervous laugh... and finally looking embarrassed.

"See what I mean about control?" he asked quietly, gently removing one of his hands that had started to move a little too far south under her robes, resting it on her back again. "I've, ah... the sailors keep some food stocked in the forecastle. Last time I sailed with these guys, they actually had some pretty decent stuff..."

His poor attempt to change the subject faltered, and Cae felt him remove one of his hands from her back again. Drake rested it on his stomach, feeling his frustration at the idol surge even worse. It was still warm from Cae being so near, which didn't bother him and almost did the opposite - the fact that it felt even more like a dead weight in there now that his hatred for it grew stronger, however, bothered him immensely. If it didn't burn her, he wouldn't have stopped kissing her already.

"Wish I could just get rid of it right now," Drake said under his breath.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#36 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

We shall never surrender.

• 1,394 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:21 PM

As he tried to grow accustomed to the rolling waves and the deck under his feet, Marcus could not help but notice the irony of his situation.  After all, the ground on which his thoughts had rested had been swept away twice, and recent events had been more fluid and less orderly than he liked.  First, the mighty Demon Slayer had turned out to be a werewolf.  Then Soothand, the young lad Marcus had been protecting and teaching, turned out to be a fire-mage.  Add that to the possible demonic influence that Caiden seemed to suffer from and this reckless plan that had them all confined to a ship and bending numerous laws, and it became clear why Marcus was not seasick: his head was already spinning.

The veteran Inquisitor had tried to calm himself by avoiding contact, barely acknowledging the addition of a priestess, a waterlogged elf, and a pixie, of all things, to their party.  He was bewildered enough, and he would deal with these new developments in due time.  While the others broke off into their own groups or set about their business, Marcus contented himself with caring for Naimah, making sure his horse would settle in nicely.  Thankfully she seemed more calm than he expected, given her past performance in the field.  However, this also meant that getting the steed cleaned and situated took less time than he had planned, and thus more time to brood on his thoughts.

Marcus slowly walked along the rail, to stay out of the sailors’ way. His calculations of what he had missed, where he had gone wrong, and other painful possibilities were interrupted when he suddenly found himself on the opposite side of the ship.  He was no stranger to sailing, as the Inquisition relied heavily on its black-sailed fleet of galleys for transport to and from Karak du Vide.  However, he had forgotten how limited space could be on one.  He would have to make note of that if he planned to do any more pacing or wandering, lest he become an annoyance to the crew.

The deck on the…bow, that was the term! ...was raised and even fortified, in a way.  The ballista in the center helped drive the point home: this was no mere vessel of commerce, but a warship.  Eddy the Squid had been introduced as a privateer of Illikon, and anyone who could get away with wearing THAT much jewelry in such a trade had no small amount of skill.  Marcus drew closer to the modified siege weapon, remembering the similar models he had trained with to defend Karak du Vide.  The ballista was unloaded, thankfully, so the tension ropes would not become slack before they were needed.  Too many times Marcus had caught younger Ebonguards attempting to take such shortcuts while on garrison duty, only to earn a stern lecture and a new work detail on the spot, undoing the damage to their weapon.

Marcus immediately fell into inspection mode, checking the ropes for frays, the wooden frame for any splits or cracks, and the metal components for stretching or rust.  Sure enough, he found some rust on the underside of the catch that would hold the giant bowstring, as well as around the trigger mechanism.  Both places that someone thought no one would notice, and would be hard to get to, anyway.  Since he had no authority to yell at anyone for the oversight, and had no idea who was to blame, Marcus decided to instead make himself useful, and allow his mind to be absorbed in work once again.  Before long, his helmet, gauntlets, and gloves were on the deck by his feet, where he could see them, and the former Ebonguard was making use of a toolkit that seemed to be dedicated to the ballista’s maintenance.  He was happily humming an old marching song to himself as he oiled, brushed, and polished away, for all was at peace in his world again, at least for the moment. 

gallery_15330_272_177677.gif

"Live with honor, die with glory."

#37 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

Percula suddenly felt the entire world around her shift a little, though it wasn't enough to throw her off-balance. Caiden seemed tense at what she was doing, making a quiet yelp in his throat at the way it felt. The pixie winced, not meaning to spook the Venator out, and then paused. Wait, when did I care this much about someone? And enjoy being in a person’s gut? As she thought, he relaxed again in about half a second.

"Glad I'm not a disappointment," he replied half-jokingly, managing a rather awkward laugh. "Whenever you want to get out, just let me know. You'll have to tell me how Tom does it, though."

“Oh, don’t worry about that.” Percula said, still fairly chipper despite the somewhat negative part of her mind catching up with the rest of her. “It isn’t hard. Or, painful…” Saffron added. Mostly… I don’t know if Tom got hurt when I squeezed out with the help of my magic…

“Uh, aaanyway, I guess I’ll just… be here…”

It finally hit her that she was trapped inside Caiden's stomach for the foreseeable future.

#38 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

Once again in her right mind, Evvy slowly strolled from the back of the ship towards the front. She took time here and there to look at things she was unfamiliar with, and familiarize herself with the layout of the lower deck. While it felt quite cramped, she imagined it was actually pretty decent for a vessel this size. She could think of several ways to make it worse, at least.

The elf took another long draw from her pipe as she made her way forward, to exit to the upper deck to see the rest of the ship and hopefully find the mad who rescued her so she could thank him. As she did, though, she noticed Dusk paying particular attention to the door they'd walked by earlier. He was scrootched down, looking under the door, his tail flicking. Something in that little room had his interest.

"What is it, Dusk?" she whispered, "Some sorta vermin? You hungry? Wanna get it?"

His tail flicked even harder, and he shifted his weight on his haunches, preparing to lunge. So Evvy opened the door for him, figuring he'd be doing the ship a favor performing pest control.

Inside this closet, there turned out to be a few people. One of them was unmistakably the man who must have rescued her, she could tell by the smell. A cursory read also affirmed her suspicion of lycanthropy. But the other occupant was the more interesting. She'd have looked no more than a rather attractive if frail human, were it not for the pair wings sprouting from her back.

And there was the Dusk, laying on his back on the floor, gently batting at one of her wingtips, playing with the feathers. 

The elf suddenly realized she was interrupting what appeared to be an intimate moment between the two. She looked back and forth, and tried to make herself apologize, but all that came out was a quiet "Huh..."

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#39 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,146 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 06:37 PM

While Marcus stood there cleaning the ballista, he heard footsteps approaching from behind. Looking up, he saw Elektra standing there watching him, one eyebrow lifted.

"The mighty Marcus Capulet stooping to clean a pirate ship," she remarked with a smirk. "I certainly won't complain."

With a laugh, she corrected, "Oh, I'm sorry. Privateer ship. If I recall, you're someone who'd be picky about those details."

She stayed right where she was, resting one of her hands on a hip. "I remember you from Illikon. You were there when we did all that insane running about trying to catch Tom." Her expression darkened some. "Tom isn't the only one who appreciates no one revealing what he was. I... actually knew before he did. I didn't know how to break it to him."

She sighed, her gaze wandering, "Anyway," she gave a beautiful, if rather wry, smile, "how's the Inquisiting?"

---

“Oh, don’t worry about that.” Percula said, still fairly chipper despite the somewhat negative part of her mind catching up with the rest of her. “It isn’t hard. Or, painful…”

Caiden nodded. Then he remembered that she couldn't see that anymore, and he said, "Alright."

“Uh, aaanyway, I guess I’ll just… be here…”

"Yeah," the Venator replied, getting to his feet. "Get comfortable however you want. If you need anything, just tell me. I'm going to go check on everyone else... and make sure that elf witch isn't causing more trouble."

Partially to distract himself from thinking about the fact that he'd willingly swallowed a pixie alive and partially from genuine concern, he finished packing all of his bags and putting them in a neat pile and headed for the door again.

---

Drake was trying his best to restrain himself when, suddenly, he heard quiet footfalls outside of the door. He tensed and glanced back at it, just about to warn Cae when the door suddenly opened. With it wafted in familiar scents. Drake knew who was there before he even looked.

The elf he'd rescued from the sea was standing there staring at them, and her cat came in to paw at one of Cae's wings. Normally Drake would've reacted far differently, but given that she'd just barged in on their moment - and knowing that Cae would hate for anyone to see her wings without her permission - he wasn't exactly thinking straight.

So, instead of any words, at the very same moment that the door opened and before Evvy even looked at them, Tom let out a vicious, defensive snarl. It sounded almost bestial, and it would've been enough to at least give most people pause. It certainly sent Dusk retreating back behind Evvy's legs, his tail puffed up and his ears laid flat.

Caiden was just leaving a room elsewhere on the lower decks. He heard the snarl, in no small part due to the potion he'd drank earlier, and looked over to the source. But he hesitated to approach, figuring that it was best to wait and let the situation resolve itself before he attempted anything. Evvy, however, certainly couldn't have been unaware of his concerned presence, even if Caiden couldn't see Drake and Cae from where he stood.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#40 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,337 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:38 PM

"Yeah," the Venator replied, getting to his feet. "Get comfortable however you want. If you need anything, just tell me. I'm going to go check on everyone else... and make sure that elf witch isn't causing more trouble."

“Okay...” Percula said, trying not to realize she was now condemned to hours of probable boredom. Frowning at the fleshy, slimy walls around her that shone with the yellow glow her body now emanated, the pixie attempted to sit down, leaning up against one of them. Her insectoid wings brushed against the wall as she thought, her mood steadily deteriorating as she probably tickled Caiden, despite the tiny size of her wings.

Great… now what?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users