NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Camp of The Accursed

34 replies to this topic

#21 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:25 PM

"Uuuhhhaaaahhh...." Nulgus breathed in surprise, "...Uh, on the top? Yes. On the sides? Nae so much..."

Kathryn was about to nod and mutter something about that being kind of good when they were interrupted by what appeared, at first glance, to be the physical manifestation of oafness. Upon closer inspection, it was a man in a cloak, who Dragu quickly identified as a Venator. An argument broke out in seconds between the boar-man, his fellow accursed, and Nulgus about how to react to this intruder as Kathryn simply tried to rid herself of the hair that had flown into her eyes during the mans introduction.

Meanwhile, he was wasting no time ingratiating himself to the group in a conversation that she managed to hear from afar. "I ain't huntin' you, ye stupid oaf!" he growled with the kind of obliviousness to the sensitvity of his current predicament that made Kathryn question how stupid he could truly be. "Or else I would been mare caefull an' wouldnae fallen into yon pool over there!"

"Careful, Dragu He may not be alone. More than just a partner, even..."

"I have nae partner!"
Venator said "I found this place by accident! By Odin's Bear I did!"

Indeed. Ill go check.

"Oh fer bloody-."
the man growled again before shouting "I donnae have a partner! Ye who are half-dog or Wolf or whatever can surely sense that with ye bloody hooters?!"

Her eyes now cleared, a flustered Kathryn stormed straight out of the spring, naked as the day she was born, coming up to stand over him. Venatoi werent too common in the areas where she usually fought, but she had encountered one or two in her travels. From the little she had seen of them, they were hardly any more friendly a bunch than the Inquisitors--and Venatori selling out information about potential mages to the Inquisition in order to line their meager pockets was something she had heard of happening far too many times at Council hideouts. The redhead was no more eager to see this man than any of the berserkers in this camp.

As she approached, Dragu backed up at the entrance of a massive man as strikingly handsome--burn scars aside, not that Kathryn could complain about such things--as he was enormously muscular. This man seemed about as ready to snap his neck as Dragu was before Nicks calming force entered the fray. The leader of the Camp was soon giving a perfectly even explanation that the hunter needed to shut his fat mouth up before his empty head was on a spear.

As Mirkov confirmed that he was alone besides the canine companion, Dragu snorted and turned his back on them, stomping back towards the hot springs. "If you kill him, Wolfe," he called back, "please let me watch."

"Gonna be a real show if he does," the sorceress muttered under her breath. One hand came to a rest on her hip, the thought that she was still entirely bare not even entering her mind as she rubbed the fingers of her other hand. Whether or not he had stumbled into this camp by accident was irrelevant--any worthwhile Ventaori, upon surviving or escaping an encounter with a group of beastmen such as this, was going to make some attempt to come back here in force.

"Just wanna point out," she observed aloud as a noticeable burst of flame briefly appeared above her hand, "A Venatori running around the woods alone is probably a Venatori with no partner. Dont imagine hed be missed too badly in that case, if at all."

It should also be noted I have pretty drunk.

v0tzQP.gif

#22 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

The Venator's responses were not garnering him any favor. It was almost as if he didn't understand that insulting these former berserkers in the middle of their own cam while literally being a symbol of oppression towards most of them was no way to ensure his survival. Nulgus wondered if the man had a death wish or something.

He was barely able to keep up with what exactly was going on, but they seemed to have the man restrained, and were attempting to deal with him in one way or another. Nick Wolfe even generously offered to not kill the man if he'd only behave himself. Things looked to be going pretty well.

But then the fiery Northwoman emerged from the springs, not bothering to cover up anything. She marched straight to the Venator and gave him a look that had the potential to kill. Nulgus also noticed the way her eyes lingered on Zoran, and the appraising look that flashed over her face for the briefest instant. He made a note to make sure they got a chance to talk later.

"Just wanna point out," she observed aloud as a noticeable burst of flame briefly appeared above her hand, "A Venatori running around the woods alone is probably a Venatori with no partner. Don't imagine he'd be missed too badly in that case, if at all."

What she was implying made Nulgus cringe a little.

"Ah, uh, donnae think killin' 'im simply because he had the misfortune ta wander inta camp is the, uh, most morally righteous thing ta do," he warned, "Wouldn't that make ye no better than 'im?"

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#23 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

As Agethar was stripped of his weapons, he practically radiated hatred for all the Bezerking B******s in this god-forsaken camp. He watched as his Twin Axes, family Herilooms from his Great Grandfather's Grandfather, were taken, probably to join the loot taken by these godless slayers.

On of them, a more reasonable looking man, said "Let me explain our situation, monster hunter, I have no wish to kill you and anger the Venatori, as our goals are one and the same. But if you're this far north, they may not know the difference. Insult me and my kin again, and I'll have your head on a pike. Understood?"

Agethar, who felt that if he opened his mouth it would be to spit at the man, simply nodded.

"Now, if you're alone and you supposedly fell into our camp by accident, then tell me: what're you doing this far into Northrim wilderness? We're far from the jurisdiction of the Achaean Empire."

The Northman took a Deep breath and said "I know ye willnae believe me, but this is the truth: I came back here tae go to me Village, but I got lost in th' mountains and ended up here. Me an' me Dog are without supplies an' found this place by accident." 

He is alone.” The Varg said “And… as much as I hate to admit it, he seemed to fall in by accident. Otherwise we might’ve had more trouble subduing him…

Agethar nodded respectfully at the Giant Wolf. At least one of the Monsters in this Camp could tell the truth straight.

"Just wanna point out," A nearby Naked Woman said "A Venatori running around the woods alone is probably a Venatori with no partner. Dont imagine hed be missed too badly in that case, if at all."

If Agethar was armed, he would have slain her on the spot for questioning the Venatory and his loyalty to do them, but, since the situation was so tense, he simply glared daggers at her.

"Ah, uh, donnae think killin' 'im simply because he had the misfortune ta wander inta camp is the, uh, most morally righteous thing ta do," a Dwarf said awkwardly "Wouldn't that make ye no better than 'im?"

Agethar would have pointed this out eariler, but he suspected that the Man who had warned of potential beheading would have carried out his threat if he had. So he instead crossed his arms and waited for the Man's Judgement.

#24 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:05 PM

The Venator nodded his head in respect toward Mirkov. The very idea of being respected by one of his kind made the varg sick.

"Ah, uh, donnae think killin' 'im simply because he had the misfortune ta wander inta camp is the, uh, most morally righteous thing ta do," Nulgus warned, "Wouldn't that make ye no better than 'im?"

The huge wolf’s claws gouged deep furrows into the ground at those words, and Mirkov felt his jaw tighten. The varg turned toward the dwarf, his green eyes flaring with anger.

“No, it wouldn’t.” He growled, far angrier than most had seen him. “Do I hunt things that look differently more sport? Do I murder the innocent, just because one society brands them ‘monsters’?” Mirkov rounded on Agethar, teeth bared in a furious snarl. “Do I destroy entire families because they might just form some kind of vague threat?”

The varg brought his head very close to the northman’s, his face twisted by raw emotion.

“I would have you dead to avenge all those hurt by the atrocities your kind has conducted against mine, if not for Nick. Keep that in mind, ‘monster-hunter’.”

With a surprisingly dramatic flourish for a horse-sized wolf, Mirkov turned and left before his fury got the better of him and he struck the disarmed Venator then and there.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#25 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:03 PM

The cursed berserkers around the fire simply watched the exchange between Ærik and Skygge as if it were a show. The ram-man chuckled when the raven began to caw out some understandable words, but the seemingly human woman sitting nearby did not seem so amused.

"Is this raven yours?" asked the ram-man, arching a brow. "He's quite entertaining!"

"Ravens shouldn't be taken so lightly," the woman - who was apparently a werewolf - said darkly, shooting her friend a look. "They can be bad omens."

"But they can make good messengers," retorted the bear-woman. She turned to Ærik as well. "Is this raven a spirit of yours, perhaps? Did you summon him, or is he a pet?"

"Or something set upon him by the gods," commented the woman, sounding particularly devout, even for a berserker.

---

"Just wanna point out," Kathryn observed aloud as a noticeable burst of flame briefly appeared above her hand, "A Venatori running around the woods alone is probably a Venatori with no partner. Don't imagine he'd be missed too badly in that case, if at all."

Most likely to Kathryn's surprise, the berserkers reacted rather minimally to her fire spell. Several flinched and many eyes went wide, but Nick, Dragu, and Zoran didn't seem to care at all.

"She has a point," Dragu commented, giving Nick a look.

"Ah, uh, donnae think killin' 'im simply because he had the misfortune ta wander inta camp is the, uh, most morally righteous thing ta do," Nulgus warned, "Wouldn't that make ye no better than 'im?"

"The Venatori don't live by that kind of code, no matter what our opinion of them is," the raven-woman, Brynja, commented from her perch. "It would make us worse than them."

"We are already worse than them, in their eyes," Zoran said spitefully, crossing his huge arms.

"True," Brynja relented, but that was all.

Then, Agethar spoke: "I know ye willnae believe me, but this is the truth: I came back here tae go to me Village, but I got lost in th' mountains and ended up here. Me an' me Dog are without supplies an' found this place by accident."

Nick crossed his arms. For a long moment, he didn't speak. Zoran, Dragu, Brynja, and other cursed berserkers watching exchanged glances in impatience.

"Very well," Wolfe said at last. "Take your things, then." He grabbed Agethar's axes and his cloak, tossing them back to the Venator again - but not his silver arrows or his silver dagger, just his silver brooch that was still attached to his cloak. "You'll forgive me if I don't trust to give your silver weaponry back. I don't much care for anyone carrying that sort of thing, especially not near me."

Nick glanced up at Brynja and said, "Put some jerky and water in a traveling bag. Be quick."

With a nod, Brynja flew off. Wolfe returned his attention to Agethar, but he didn't say a word. Brynja flew overhead again, dropping the bag. Zoran caught it and shoved it into Agethar's chest, making the Venator grab it with both hands.

"Take this," Nick said as Zoran gave him the satchel, "and begone, before you start throwing insults again and get yourself killed. It should last you long enough for you to reach civilization. Endibraut Hall isn't even a day's walk away from here. If you try to stay longer, I won't take responsibility for the actions of my friends when they tear you to pieces."

With that, Wolfe turned and strode off. Zoran turned his back on Agethar as well, heading toward the hot springs. Dragu went back there as well, sliding into the water once more with an irritated snort. Brynja flew down just long enough to grab Agethar's silver weaponry, all of which was in a quiver or a sheath so she could handle it, and then fly off again.

Zoran was shamelessly eying Kathryn. "You are most beautiful, my lady," he said with a broad smile, giving a deep and respectful bow. His accent was thicker than the snow on the highest peaks of the Jagged Edge. "I am Zoran Brankovic. I wish our mighty leader had seen fit to follow your..." he smiled, "unspoken suggestion about our unwelcome guest, but alas, it was not so."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#26 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 01:10 PM

A low, guttural growl passed out of Kathryn’s mouth as the intruder was let off easy, being allowed to depart minus his silver implements. For a brief moment, she considered following him into the woods and making sure he didn’t get the chance to blather about the camp--or about the red-haired fire mage who’d wanted to kill him--but decided against that. With her luck, she might well end up burning down another forest. That had only been an entertaining sight the first three times.

Instead, she gave him a glare and whisked a tiny spear of flame into the sky well above his head before turning back towards the spring. She needed to clean up her half-burnt hair anyway. On the way there, the large, handsome man from before approached her, catching the sorceress’ attention.

"You are most beautiful, my lady," he said with a broad smile, giving a deep and respectful bow. His accent was thicker than the snow on the highest peaks of the Jagged Edge. "I am Zoran Brankovic. I wish our mighty leader had seen fit to follow your..." he smiled, "unspoken suggestion about our unwelcome guest, but alas, it was not so."

Well, this was certainly a nice change of pace. “Thank you,” she replied with a little nod. “I’m sure if he comes back we’ll get the chance to fix that.” Her eyes darted away from him briefly to pick up the knife that had been left in a pile with her armor and sword before returning her attention to the mountain of a man.

“I’m Kathryn,” she introduced herself. “Kathryn Dreyer.” She held out the knife for him while pointing towards the charred, blackened strands of hair along the sides of her head. “Zoran, seeing as how there probably isn’t a mirror for miles around here, would you be willing to do a beautiful lady a favor and shave off all this burnt-off debris for me?”

With a smirk she added, “I’m sure I’ll be able to find a perfectly good way to thank you.”

v0tzQP.gif

#27 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:02 PM

"Is this raven yours? He's quite entertaining!"

"I wouldn't say he's mine" Ærik replied. "—It's more like I'm his" he continued, muttering. 

"Hey! Food" came the raven's cry once more. To buy himself a few moments peace to speak with the ex-berserkers, he finally relented, pulling a small piece off his slice of meat and flinging it at the raven. Not to, at —he half-hoped to bean the greedy bird in the head with the morsel, it would serve him right for being such a nuisance. But, being the smartass that he was, Skygge simply ducked under the meat-projectile, and then eagerly hopped after it.

"Ravens shouldn't be taken so lightly. They can be bad omens."

He shrugged in reply to the human-looking woman's remark. "I don't know —Odin has a pair of ravens, and I doubt they're bad luck for Him. Besides, in my experience, the most this bundle of feathers has been an omen of is 'moderate annoyance'."

"But they can make good messengers. Is this raven a spirit of yours, perhaps? Did you summon him, or is he a pet?"

"Not a summon, and I certainly wouldn't call him a 'pet' —he just follows me everywhere, whether I want him to or not" he replied to the bear-woman. "I was studying the druidic arts under my aunt. One day while practicing communicating with animals, I tried it on him —couldn't get a comprehensible thing out of him, and I still can't. Ever since, he's just followed me wherever I go —oh, sometimes he'll disappear for a day, or even two, at a time, but he always pops right back up; He's like my own personal feathered shadow" he said, by way of explanation.

"Or something set upon him by the gods."

Ærik shrugged once more. "It wouldn't surprise me —half the time it seems like he knows where I'm headed before I do" he said. "But, I suppose only They know for sure."

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#28 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:16 AM

“Thank you,” Kathryn replied with a little nod. “I’m sure if he comes back we’ll get the chance to fix that.”

Zoran laughed. "Certainly. Even Wolfe knows when someone is utterly hopeless, though he often gives them too much of a chance."

“I’m Kathryn,” she introduced herself. “Kathryn Dreyer.” She held out the knife for him while pointing towards the charred, blackened strands of hair along the sides of her head. “Zoran, seeing as how there probably isn’t a mirror for miles around here, would you be willing to do a beautiful lady a favor and shave off all this burnt-off debris for me?”

He already seemed willing, but then Kathryn added with a smirk, “I’m sure I’ll be able to find a perfectly good way to thank you.”

This time, the former berserker gave a smile and took the knife with a nod. "How could I possibly refuse?" he said a bit teasingly, before he carefully began to fulfill her request, shaving off the hair that had been burnt. He was very adept at it, which, given his appearance, wasn't terribly surprising.

"So, I am sure you've realized already that I am a wolf-man," he said casually in a conversational way - a way in which that phrase was probably rarely uttered. "Your powers over fire are more unusual, however... to me, at any rate. None of us here have that sort of magic. In my clan in the Far North, we had a seer that could summon ice to do his bidding.

"We said he was blessed by Skadi, but my companions here tell me that he was cursed. If I may be so bold as to ask under these circumstances," he said with a slight chuckle, clearly referring to her burnt hair and perhaps also to the burn scars they seemed to have in common, "what exactly are this fire you possess?"

---

He shrugged in reply to the human-looking woman's remark. "I don't know —Odin has a pair of ravens, and I doubt they're bad luck for Him. Besides, in my experience, the most this bundle of feathers has been an omen of is 'moderate annoyance'."

The woman chuckled. "True enough, stranger," she replied.

"Not a summon, and I certainly wouldn't call him a 'pet' —he just follows me everywhere, whether I want him to or not" he replied to the bear-woman. "I was studying the druidic arts under my aunt. One day while practicing communicating with animals, I tried it on him —couldn't get a comprehensible thing out of him, and I still can't. Ever since, he's just followed me wherever I go —oh, sometimes he'll disappear for a day, or even two, at a time, but he always pops right back up; He's like my own personal feathered shadow."

The female verrbjorn looked surprised. "Huh," she commented. "How interesting..."

Ærik shrugged once more in response to the shaman woman. "It wouldn't surprise me —half the time it seems like he knows where I'm headed before I do" he said. "But, I suppose only They know for sure."

This time, the woman scratched her chin, watching the raven. "You know," she said, "if you practiced druidic arts... Well, I suppose I should first ask if you had success communicating with other animals. But judging from what you said, I assume you did. Have you ever considered," she lifted a brow, "that this raven isn't truly an animal? If he doesn't communicate like one, he could be some kind of a spirit. It sounds strange indeed."

"Oh, come, sister," the bear-woman said with a laugh, giving her a hearty smack on the shoulder. "I've never heard of a raven spirit haunting someone and pestering them for their food."

The shaman simply shrugged. "The gods work in mysterious ways," she commented with a smile.

"You so love being cryptic, it's a quality so many Wulfings often share." She turned to Ærik again. "Even if he is annoying, though, it does seem... unique, to say the least. It may be a strange question, particularly coming from..." she glanced around the camp and laughed, "one such as myself, but - could it be some kind of a curse?"

"Oh, leave him be," said the ram-man. "It's rather unkind to gossip about the stranger while we eat."

"True enough. But at least he doesn't have to hear Zoran's tales of his bloody rages," the shaman woman said dryly. "If you prefer not to discuss this, friend, we certainly won't pester you."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#29 The Doctor

The Doctor

Doctor Funkenstein

• Nova Member
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

This time, the former berserker gave a smile and took the knife with a nod. "How could I possibly refuse?" he said a bit teasingly, before he carefully began to fulfill her request, shaving off the hair that had been burnt. He was very adept at it, which, given his appearance, wasn't terribly surprising.

"So, I am sure you've realized already that I am a wolf-man," he said casually in a conversational way - a way in which that phrase was probably rarely uttered. "Your powers over fire are more unusual, however... to me, at any rate. None of us here have that sort of magic. In my clan in the Far North, we had a seer that could summon ice to do his bidding.

"We said he was blessed by Skadi, but my companions here tell me that he was cursed. If I may be so bold as to ask under these circumstances,"
he said with a slight chuckle, clearly referring to her burnt hair and perhaps also to the burn scars they seemed to have in common, "what exactly are this fire you possess?"

“Something other than a curse, for one thing,” the redhead replied, punctuating her sentence by conjuring a small, sustained flame above her open palm. “Arcane magic. I was born with the innate ability to conjure up fire and flames from other planes of existence. Not many people have such a power, and the Inquisition hunts down anyone with the Gift in order to imprison them.”

Her hand started moving around in little swirls, the fire following along to forming brief patterns in the air. “I usually have to keep it a secret, but I doubt a group of cursed berserkers is going to turn me in to the mage-hunters.” To round off the twirling, she formed a little fireball that careened into the air, disappearing a few feet above their heads.

“I manage not to burn down forests these days,” she said only half-jokingly. Pointing to the largest scar on her leg, she added, “Or myself. I discovered the hard way that fire sorcery does not make you fireproof.”

v0tzQP.gif

#30 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:36 PM

"You know, if you practiced druidic arts... Well, I suppose I should first ask if you had success communicating with other animals. But judging from what you said, I assume you did. Have you ever considered that this raven isn't truly an animal? If he doesn't communicate like one, he could be some kind of a spirit. It sounds strange indeed."

"Yeah, I can communicate with other animals just fine; other birds, wolves, bears, even a snow leopard once —no problem" Ærik replied. "But, him?" he continued with a shrug. "I suppose he could be a spirit, but... I don't know. I mean, I can do the spirit-walking thing —or whatever it's normally called, I can't quite remember— with him; You know, I can meditate and make contact with him to see through his eyes —and he'll even sometimes do what I ask him to during that. So, it's clear he understands me, it's just that that communication seems to be only one-way —barring cawing and some selective mimicry."

"Oh, come, sister," the bear-woman said with a laugh, giving her a hearty smack on the shoulder. "I've never heard of a raven spirit haunting someone and pestering them for their food."

"The gods work in mysterious ways."

"You so love being cryptic, it's a quality so many Wulfings often share."

"Yeah, but I'm afraid that's one talent I never developed" he interjected reflexively, before realizing what he had just done. While people such as these, who were cast out from their former homes —some of whom might have even done bad things before they got control of themselves— might understand his situation, he hadn't meant to reveal that he had been a Wulfing —lest his banishment come up.

"So" he continued quickly, hoping no one would follow up on what he'd just said, addressing the woman. "You seem rather knowledgeable on the subject —are you a shaman yourself?"

"Even if he is annoying, though, it does seem... unique, to say the least. It may be a strange question, particularly coming from... one such as myself, but - could it be some kind of a curse?"

"If it is, it's the world's most pointless and least effective curse" he replied lightly.

"Oh, leave him be. It's rather unkind to gossip about the stranger while we eat."

"True enough. But at least he doesn't have to hear Zoran's tales of his bloody rages. If you prefer not to discuss this, friend, we certainly won't pester you."

"Oh, I don't know, the occasional tale of a bloody rampage can make for good listening —it's only when you've heard four or five in a row that it starts getting boring" Ærik replied with a joking grin. "And, I don't mind. It's actually kind of nice to have other people with which to wonder about the nature of the world —and where inexplicably persistent and annoying ravens come into it all" he continued, still grinning.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#31 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

"Very well, take your things, then." The Man said as he returned Agethar's axes and his cloak - but not his silver arrows or his silver dagger, just his silver brooch that was still attached to his cloak. "You'll forgive me if I don't trust to give your silver weaponry back. I don't much care for anyone carrying that sort of thing, especially not near me."

Agethar nodded. He could always get another dagger or arrows, but the Axes were much more valuable that those. Maybe not in the eyes of most of the savages here, but some that still carried family heirlooms would understand.

Agethar then bowed to the man as he walked away and said "Thank'e...um... (then, as he did not know the man's name) Wolfe."

He then left the camp as quickly as possible, his dog following after him. As soon he was out of sight of the camp, he shook the dust off of his boots (or at least tried to, as they were saturated) and moved towards his village, thinking about how close he had come to death once again.

He wondered about the Man called Wolfe. He had heard that name somewhere before, but couldn't place it. He mused about who that man could be as he stumped off in the direction of his village...well, at least where he thought his village was, Maugrimm following him."

(Fast Travel to Agethar's Village)

#32 Ambad

Ambad

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:27 PM

Everything seemed to cool down with the situation at hand rather nicely. And then a slight breeze caused a naked, wet Nulgus to cool down as well. So he quickly made his way back into the springs to soak a little longer and finish washing off.

Kathryn seemed to be hitting things off with Zoran without his help, so Nulgus left them be, instead electing to wade along until he got to where Mirkov had wandered off to in frustration at the Venator. The Varg still looked upset, but he didn't seem volatile, so Nulgus approached that edge of the spring pool.

"Well, THAT was a thoroughly random encounter..." he commented, "Glad it ended without bloodshed, though..."

The moment of silence following his words was broken by a loud growl from the dwarf's own stomach. He'd barely eaten all day, saving room for the feast he'd expected at Endibraut Hall. The trek to find the fallen berzerker had taken a lot out of him on an empty stomach, and now his body was reminding him of that fact.

"Haven't see you eat t'day either, bud," Nulgus said, "What say we go avail ourselves ta the feast Wolfe tempted us with, eh?"

#33 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:33 PM

Mirkov struggled to keep himself under control as he watched Agethar get let go. He sorely wished that Wolfe let them kill the damn Venator right where he had stood, but the werewolf had his reasons, the varg supposed. Mirkov wasn’t about to make his group - or the Accursed - look bad by slaying a Venator in their camp against their wishes. He had half a mind to just hound the ‘monster’-hunter down by himself, though. I’d like to see how well your silver does against my Gift...

"Well, THAT was a thoroughly random encounter..." a familiar dwarf commented, shattering Mirkov’s chain of thought, "Glad it ended without bloodshed, though..."

The varg grit his teeth, slowly rounding on Nulgus. “I would have preferred it that way.” He growled, making it clear as day he didn’t like the Venator in the slightest.

"Haven't see you eat t'day either, bud," Nulgus said, "What say we go avail ourselves ta the feast Wolfe tempted us with, eh?"

Mirkov paused, still looking tense. After a few long moments, he sighed. “Maybe that’s what I need.” He concurred, shifting. “It has been a while since I’ve last eaten.” He added, starting to pad towards where the strongest smell of meat came from, moving slowly enough for Nulgus to easily keep up.

“I’m sorry for my short temper.” He apologized, after a few moments of silence. “I… have a history with the Venatori.” Even in a relatively good mood, the varg couldn’t help but growl a little as he said their hated name.

#34 Ambad

Ambad

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:32 PM

Mirkov paused, still looking tense. After a few long moments, he sighed. “Maybe that’s what I need.” He concurred, shifting. “It has been a while since I’ve last eaten.” He added, starting to pad towards where the strongest smell of meat came from, moving slowly enough for Nulgus to easily keep up.

“I’m sorry for my short temper.” He apologized, after a few moments of silence. “I… have a history with the Venatori.”

"Aye, that's... understandable." Nulgus acknowledged, "Especially for someone who's generally on the wrong side of their silver weapons."

Nulgus climbed out of the spring, and dried off with one of the few towels provided.

"Ah've known a few who weren't so bad," he commented while getting dressed, "but it does seem like a lot of them go straight for killing, rather than try ta resolve things peacefully..."

He shook his head in resignation, "But what're you gonna do, eh? Ya can't change some people's minds. Learnt to accept that long ago with mah family..."

"But, hey!" he said, cheerfuly, patting Mirkov on the side jovially, "Let's forget about that mess and get some food in our bellies!"

#35 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:44 PM

"Aye, that's... understandable." Nulgus acknowledged, "Especially for someone who's generally on the wrong side of their silver weapons."

Mirkov snorted, largely good-naturedly. “I fear no silver.” He said. “It’s their steel that’s the problem…”

"Ah've known a few who weren't so bad," the dwarf commented while getting dressed, "but it does seem like a lot of them go straight for killing, rather than try ta resolve things peacefully..."

“Like our late friend would have, no doubt.” The varg muttered, his mood beginning to fall again.

He shook his head in resignation, "But what're you gonna do, eh? Ya can't change some people's minds. Learnt to accept that long ago with mah family..."

“You can keep them from doing more harm.” Mirkov pointed out, trying to keep his cool.

"But, hey!" Nulgus finally said, cheerfuly, patting Mirkov on the side jovially, "Let's forget about that mess and get some food in our bellies!"

“That is a much more preferable subject.” He agreed, with a slightly weak chuckle. He began to lead the way, letting his sharper nose guide him. “Though on that note, I doubt you need a nose as sharp as mine to find what we’re looking for…” He idly half-joked.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users