NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

ZONE - Carrion Kingdom

125 replies to this topic

#21 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:57 AM

Why couldn't she just leave?

Loka pressed his forehead into the side of the wall, hearing the lizard woman talk but not comprehending any of her words. What kind of strange magic had she used? Why was his body so hot, why was it so hard to think straight? Why couldn't he get the taste of her tongue out of his mouth?

What was wrong with him?!

He pushed his hands onto the wall and rose to a "standing" position. She was out by the river, wading in, talking about how the hyetzu would know if they returned without fish. He could feel a scream rising in his throat, one that would tell her to just go away, that the hyetzu were not as smart as she thought, that this was all ridiculous, that--

"My name... it's No'ydya."

No'ydya. No idea.

He approached the water, slithering silently toward its edge. He peered into the water as No'ydya dove for fish. When she emerged, he spoke the only words on his mind.

"Your parents were cruel."

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#22 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

"It has been so long since I have had the pleasure of introducing someone to my tomes."

Morgaine clearly remembered the carefree, lackadaisical attitudes of the other hyetzu, and found herself nodding in agreement. “I can imagine…” She said, almost idly, as her eyes roved around the huge library. There were so many books! Books about herbs, books about hyetzu, books about…

The Nightwalker Army?

Cattell spotted the title out of all the others thanks to the flowing script it was written in, not to mention the language. Skittering amongst (and occasionally over) the piles of books, the young arachnian pulled the tome out of its shelf, carefully looking it over. It was definitely written in elven, one of the most beautiful scripts she had ever laid eyes on, too, for all its wear, tear, and age. Morgaine couldn’t help but smile at the book, and quickly tried skimming through its contents. While she would have loved to sit there and read all day, she did want to check on Dya, and see if she was doing okay with that horrible snake-man...

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#23 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:11 PM

"Your parents were cruel." the naga spoke, far closer than he'd been when she dove in. His proximity startled her, and she almost dropped the two fish she'd caught.

"You mean because of my name?" she asked, "They didn't give it to me. Don't know what they called me, really. I was taken from them as an infant and sold to the gladiator school that raised me. One of the masters there came up with it as a joke, since they had 'no idea' what kind of lizardfolk I was... Anyway, here," she handed both fish over to him, "First two are for you. If you want them cooked, you could make a fire, but these kind are pretty good to eat raw as well."

She jumped back in the water, this time taking a moment to scrub any residual paint off her arms and legs, and then diving after more fish. Quick as she was, and dimwitted as the fish were, she grabbed two more on her first breath, and swam back to shore triumphantly.

"They're practically begging to be eaten today!" she joked, taking a seat on the bank near to the naga to eat her fish. She gutted the first nimbly with her thumb claw, rinsed it in the water again, bit the head off, and spit it into the river. Although the salted venison had been very good, it was nice to have fresh meat again, and she devoured the first fish in two bites.

"Hey, so...um, sorry about going so intense back there..." she began, stumbling into an apology, "Although I was justifying it to myself as a means to startle you, the truth is I really wanted it... And I wasn't thinking about your feelings. I travel a lot, so I have to be quick getting into physical relationships if I'm to have any. I often forget others usually have some sort of courtship first."

She shook her head and smiled nervously, "It's just... Ever since I bumped into you that first time, I've had this really compelling urge to just... Well, I think you know. You finally felt it too, just back there, right?" she reach out, laying a hand on his nearest coil, "I mean, it wouldn't have to be anything more than that; just pure, mindless relief..."

"Gaaah, what am I saying?" she moaned in frustration, turning away, "You probably want nothing to do with me... Every word I say is just digging me in deeper, isn't it?"

No'ydya looked at her second fish, and as good as it looked, couldn't bring herself to eat it. "Here." she said, pushing it towards the naga.

She got up and went to her bag, pulling out the jar of the Turquangerine paint. The name was a portmanteau of the two main colors that comprised it. But it wasn't a simple mix of those two colors, instead changing based on the angle you viewed it from, and what direction it had been brushed on. Sort of a pearlescent effect when done right.

Once again, Dya sat down near the bank, a little further from him this time, to make sure she didn't accidentally get paint anywhere near him. His reaction last time still fresh enough in her memory. She started with her right leg, down near her ankle, and slowly, carefully made her way up her calf and eventually onto her thigh, humming while she worked.

She paused part way through the tune, still concentrating on the painting, just long enough to say, "It's probably safe to go back now... if that's what you want."

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#24 Ryoma

Ryoma

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

She handed him the fish she had caught, an action that surprised the naga. Whenever the snake caught food, it was for himself and himself only. The fact that she was sharing was a surprising one, and for a moment, Loka held the fish, staring at them blankly and wondering what to do.

He had devoured both of them before she returned from her second expedition.

He watched her eat and listened to her words, this time focusing on what she said. Her life had not been like many others--it seemed like it was hard for her to talk about. Loka did not understand why some people had trouble speaking about such matters. Loka didn't talk to others because he didn't feel they deserved to know anything (and he had little to tell), but why someone would be unable to say what they were thinking...it was a strange concept.

As always, No'ydya continued speaking, though even she seemed to grow aware that she was rambling on and on. Loka listened though, finding the sound of her voice and way her lips formed words to be a strange kind of fascinating. He didn't know whether he wanted to rip her in half or repeat the experience from moments earlier. None of what she said made sense either. What were these physical relations? What was she talking about?

He swallowed her fish in one gulp, and watched as she got her paints. She began to apply them to herself, humming a tune. He recalled her offer of painting his scales when they first met. A sudden desire to see what she would do came over him.

"Paint me." He said, slithering over to her. 

#25 Ambad

Ambad

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

She was just finishing up her first leg when the naga said the two words she had lost all hope of hearing from him:

"Paint me."

No'ydya's heart threatened to burst through her chest from the combined feelings of surprise, euphoria, and anticipation. The feathers running from the top of her head and down the back of her neck stood up.

"Yes?... Yes. Yes! Of course, yes!" she burbled, "Okay, yes, uh... Colors. Just a moment!"

She ran to her bag, grabbing every jar of paint she had, awkwardly trying to carry them all in her arms back over to him. Dya laid them all out in no particular order.

"Lemme see your hand." she said, not waiting for him to comply, but simply pulling his hand over in front of her. "I'm gonna do a stripe of each color on the back, and you can pick which one you like best."

She opened the green she'd been wearing the first time she met him, the same she'd had to wipe off of him because of her clumsiness. "This one is pretty simple. You've seen it before. It's easy to find the right plant pigments in the Wilds, so I can always make more."

She pulled out another. "Deep crimson, dries sort of flat. I'm still working on it, seeing if I can get a glossier finish..."

Then the color she had just been applying to herself. "This one and the rest do a neat trick." she explained, "when you change your viewing angle, they change color. Turquoise and tangerine for this one."

And the next, "Relatively rare, this one. Hard to get an umber pigment that doesn't dilute and will bond to purple."

And the last, "Oh, and there's this color," she said, almost as an afterthought, "Cyan and Lavender, with sparkles."

One by one she painted a line of each color on the back of his huge hand, careful not to let them touch or to accidentally mix colors between applications. She was pretty sure she'd pegged his choice: It would be the crimson, because it would remind his enemies of the blood he was about to spill from them, or another silly reason.

She vigorously blew on his hand to help dry the paints, and then held it up high to catch the rays of the sun. "See how they look in the light?" she asked, wide grin displaying her predatory teeth, "Which do you like most?"

#26 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

Centre Plaza

"I am Kijani of the Minoan Alliance, a healer"

"Ah, 'nother Minoan. Jyuta Liuwa, Minoan Alliance ranger."

"I was heading from the outpost at Maul Rock to Cro-Cabra, but I seem to have lost my way."

"Cro-Cabra? Ha ha ha! You went west 'stead of east! You're in the Carrion Kingdom. My people's territory."

Jyuta waved his hands in front of Kijani's face as he was curious why her eyes never tracked his movements. Was she blind? How interesting. Jyuta was glad none of the others wanted to take advantage of the situation and eat her. The sick, young, old, and blind were easy targets.

"In fact, we're just about to speak with the matriarch soon. Wanna join us? You can ask her questions when we're done discussin' warfare and stuff."

Library

The tome was older than what Morgaine expected. The pages were brittle, the bindings on the verge of tear, and the ink had rusted long ago. The book told a tale about a star falling unto Midgard and breaking into several pieces. Each shard traveling to the far corners of the lands. Once united the star was said to have a power even the gods feared, and no mortal could wield it without going mad. The tome went on to discuss a prediction spoken by old Svartalfarians gone mad that a monster will call forth an army of the dead and, using the star, will cause the sun to fall from the heavens covering Midgard in the same darkness that curses Nidavellier.

Upon turning the pages a small note slipped from the book. It was authored by a dark elf named Orissum. It told of his travels in Nidavellir along with his demon slave Oligarch. For the most part, the writings seemed like an ordinary journal entry until Orissum began to explain a prophetic dream of his.

I saw a foul sight in my mind's eye. I dreamed of a frozen landscape, of roses whittling away to thorns, a dryad twisted in death, and a Templar with sunken eyes. This Templar, I could not forget his face. Wispy hair black in colour touching his shoulders, pale skin, green eyes sunken with a darkened appearance in the sockets, slightly pronounced nose, and a goatee that covered his chiseled chin. He called to me and reached out his hand. And for some reason I took his hand. I felt familiarity in his grip, and at the same time, I could feel my life drain. He was killing me slowly, yet, smiled at me as if I were his friend.

I was terrified. We stood upon an elevated altar and I looked behind me to the roars of unknown voices. There were legions of the dead rising from the ice. Elf, human, beastfolk, none were spared this fate. They all roared through the cold winds chanting his name over and over again. Zagam. I could see the glow in their eyes. It was like watching hundreds, no, thousands of candles being lit in a darkened chamber. And when I looked to this Templar only one word escaped my lips, Oligarch.

gdV21HZ.gif

#27 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

"Pick what you want. Got lots a plants here."

Maulfield thanked them both and moved over to a patch of Herbs and began to pick them, stowing them in his Healer's Bag.

While he did this, he began to think about what the Hytzu wanted from him. Why were they hiring Warriors? Surely a horde of scavengers could hold their own against most foes; they wore Imperial and Northrim Armor, so they must be good fighters...

Good Fighters would make Good Slave-Drivers. 

If he could prove himself to them, maybe some would join him.

#28 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

Ressad was glad to see that the other traveller had found a suitable book. For himself, He picked up "A guide to Herbal Remedies" and sat down next to a pillar of books. Something in him wanted to read some poetry or fiction, but he didn't have the time. He needed to find some sort of pacifying recipe or maybe anything pertaining to temporary paralysis.

His fingers ran through the tattered pages carefully as he scanned the book. "One of these pages.." He thought to himself.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#29 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

"Ah, 'nother Minoan. Jyuta Liuwa, Minoan Alliance ranger."

"Really? My mother's a scout!" Kijani replied, perking up somewhat.

"Cro-Cabra? Ha ha ha! You went west 'stead of east! You're in the Carrion Kingdom. My people's territory."

"The Carrion Kingdom...?" she repeated to herself in a low mutter. "Oh!" she said, as the memory came back to her. "You're clan Tossa... no wait, Tosca, right? I've heard a bit about this place" she said, partially to brush over the fact that she had gotten so lost. Well, at least she'd gotten the 'south' part of her trip correct...

"In fact, we're just about to speak with the matriarch soon. Wanna join us? You can ask her questions when we're done discussin' warfare and stuff."

"Uh, sure, I'd love to" she said. It would be interesting to meet a hyeztu leader...

"Wait, who's us?" she asked quizzically. "And," she continued, as her nose finally got used enough to the smell of hyetzi that she could pick out another that had been subtly bothering her —faint compared to the others, but distinctly ursine— "what's a verrbjorn doing this far south?" she asked, turning her head from side to side to try and pinpoint the bear-man by smell.

There was a third question on her mind, but she couldn't bring herself to ask it; Jyuta had mentioned 'warfare', but she didn't know of any human outposts anywhere near her... so who were they fighting? She supposed she'd find out at this talk with the matriarch....

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#30 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:28 PM

Well, that was a nice little story. Kind of dark, sure, but it was definitely nothing Morgaine had read before. Having had a library ransacked from a dark elven city, most of Cattell’s books had been about demonology, slave breeding, etc. Dark prophecies about the end of the world kind of paled in comparison to stories about Ragnarok and demon lords ripping evil souls apart in their respective domains of the afterlife. However, the arachnian couldn’t help but wonder if the characters mentioned were real, and still alive. She knew a lot of the characters mentioned in other books were real, often enough, and occasionally still lived…

She carefully shut the book. Eh, another time, I suppose. She decided, glancing up… and realizing far more time had passed than she thought. Blinking, Morgaine scuttled toward the exit, book tucked under her arm. There was still a lot of it left unread, after all, and she was bound to have free time. However, she was very clearly leaving the library with a book, not checked out, and the librarian was sitting right there. It was pretty much a given that Ula would see her, since she wasn’t even trying to hide.

Basic economics still evaded her...

#31 Ryoma

Ryoma

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

Loka knew a moment of regret when he saw the excitement flood into No'ydya's eyes. The way she looked at him was almost similar to how foes looked at him in the heat of combat. Excitement, a clear goal in mind, a chance to do what they've wanted. He opened his mouth to draw back his request, but No'ydya was already off.

She carried too many glass jars of paint back over to him, speaking all the while. Apparently, she had a wide range of colors to choose from, speaking about everything from the way they shone to how they were made. Loka couldn't keep up with her, but he found himself assuming that every word she said was true. He was certain she knew her stuff.

She dipped her fingers into the jars, and smeared the paint on the back of his hand, allowing him to see each color. The only one that had any true appeal was the red one, as it reminded him both of blood of victims and of sunsets on a particularly good day. He almost shook off the one with glitter in it (what was the point of such things?) but let her have her fun. She blew on his hand, getting the paint to dry, and raising his hand up.

"Which do you like most?"

"Red," he said. "Use that one."

#32 Ambad

Ambad

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

"Red," he said. "Use that one."

The obviois choice, but probably the best fitting.

"Good." she replied, collecting the other paints up, moving them back to her bag, and returning with a rag. She washed it meticulously in the clear water of the river, paint of many colors wringing out of it, and eventually allowing it to return to its original neutral hue.

"So," she began, "to do this right, and make sure the design is symmetrical, I'm going to need you to lay down on your belly, with your tail out straight behind you..."

Surprisingly, he did so, if a little hesitantly. He was still very suspicious of her, she could tell.

Once he was prone, she finally realized just how long he actually was. Until now, his true length had been obscured by curves and coils. To see it all laid out in one direction was quite impressive.

She started near the end of his tail, deciding not to paint all the way down to the tip for a number of reasons. Firstly, he seemed to use the end of his tail as another appendage from time to time, and painting it would make it slippery and useless. Likewise, they way he used it would ruin any pattern she placed there anyways. And finally, if it somehow came to it, she'd like to be able to maintain a grip on his tail in combat, and not give him the same advantage she painted her own tail for.

Straddling him and facing towards his tail, she went to work. Using the damp rag, she washed each section before painting it, working her way backwards a few feet at a time towards his head. While she was able to go quickly on the slender portion of his tail, progress slowed down as she got to the girthier portions. He was so wide that eventually her feet barely touched the ground and she was forced to sit on top of him, scooting backwards with each portion she finished.

"Sorry," she apologized, "I hope I'm not causing you too much discomfort, uh... is there a name you'd prefer to be called?"

Then she encountered an obstacle: his belt, and to a lesser extent, the swords hanging off either side of it. "Don't be alarmed," Dya warned him. Reaching, she found the buckle and undid it, letting the straps down gently, and taking great care not to do anything that might damage or dirty his weapons. "There we go, that's better."

#33 Ryoma

Ryoma

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

He did as he was told, out of curiosity more than anything else. This lizard woman was a strange creature indeed, not only did she seem fascinated by him, but she excited other...aspects of him as well. He was still wary of what she knew, and how nonchalantly she spoke of that knowledge, but so long as he kept an eye on her, he could make sure she behaved herself.

He closed his eyes as he felt the sun warm his scales, and in turn, his body. When was the last time he had laid out on smooth ground in the warm sun? His black scales soaked up heat like a sponge did blood, and he could feel its warmth spreading from the tip of his tail to the top of his head. Then, No'ydya climbed on top of him.

He hadn't expected that. He knew that painters tended to stand near their work when they painted, but hardly on top of it. He opened his mouth to protest, but he felt her wipe him down with a cloth and smear her paint. He sighed through his nose and pointed his head forward, watching for intruders. If any showed up while he was in a vulnerable position, he would cut them down.

""I hope I'm not causing you too much discomfort, uh... is there a name you'd prefer to be called?"

"Denjis Loka," he said. "Keep going."

She moved slowly, eventually reaching his belt with his swords. He opened his mouth to stop her, but she was already pulling it off. For a long moment, he considered flipping and attacking her. But, his swords were not far. And he hadn't expected her to paint over the leather of his belt, did he? She was just being practical.

"Tell me about the design."

#34 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:09 PM

"Wait, who's us?" asked the strange white felesian. "And," she continued, "what's a verrbjorn doing this far south?" she asked, turning her head from side to side to try and pinpoint the bear-man by smell.

Drumbeat couldn't help but smile some. He took a step forward so that she would know where he was, noticing the way she tried to find him.

"I am Drumbeat. I'm indeed from the far North - I came down here by a long, slow, and arduous process. Lots of traveling, sneaking, and fighting. But I'm not important." The bear-man glanced at Jyuta before going on, "And 'we' are a group from Cro-Cabra. Some of us are allied to the Minoan Empire, others... I'm not really sure why they came along. To fight, I suppose." He snorted. "Anyway, we all came here to help Jyuta and his clan. Your presence would be welcome among us, I'm sure."

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#35 Ambad

Ambad

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

"Denjis Loka," he said. "Keep going."

"Denjis Loka," she repeated slowly, emphasizing each syllable, "Far prettier a name than I'd have guessed, for someone so serious."

No'ydya had been worried about him reacting to her taking his belt off, and while he certainly must have noticed, he didn't seem to react negatively. Progress.

"Tell me about the design." he ordered more than asked. But at least he wasn't telling her to shut up.

"To be honest, I'm not even sure. I sort of just go with what speaks to me. What feels right." she explained, "That's how I always did it back in the pits, helping prepare the other gladiators for battle. Painting designs on them in vivid colors added to the spectacle of combat. The right shapes could make it harder to read their movements."

Dya continued her work as she spoke, making her way up past his tail and onto the back of his massive torso. She was careful to move as delicately as possible, so as not to cause him discomfort. To that end she tried to lay down and spread her weight out, rather than focusing it all on her joints.

"For you, I'm trying bold jags and whirls, inspired by the few textiles from Khemet I've ever seen." she continued, "Wide lines, out of necessity as much as design choice, curving and looping back on themselves almost randomly. When you move, with the way your body undulates as you slither, they'll dance against each other, and an observer might wonder if your coils are coming or going."

She kept going, hooking the curls and swerves up his back and onto his hood, sliding her body ever backwards off over his head, to wind up crouching in front of his face as she finished bringing the last swirls up onto the top of his head. She motioned for him to hold still as she stood up and looked down his full length, inspecting her handiwork so far. She even surprised herself with just how well she'd managed to do; the naga was her biggest canvas so far.

"Wow, Denjis," she sighed, squatting back down to better make eye contact, "I really wish you could see all of it from my eyes. It really is beautiful... Uh, not that you weren't beautiful before, obviously, with your shiny obsidian scales and amazing physique..."

She was having a hard time telling if her own words came from her passion for the art she was making, or her ever growing physical attraction to the snake man. Probably a healthy dose of both.

"Okay, now, if you can carefully sit up, I'll paint your chest and arms," she said, trying her best to sound professional, despite being a little worked up from all the scale-to-scale contact, "then you'll just need to wait a short while for it to dry before moving too much."

#36 Ryoma

Ryoma

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

When she reached his back, he felt her lower herself down rather than remain sitting (straddling?) at just her joints. While it did lessen the discomfort of her weight pressed on a few points, it also brought back that familiar heat he had been suppressing. It felt tighter down below, and the way she moved her body left and right seemed only to make that heat grow stronger. The sun, once a comfortable warmth, spread into something far more disconcerting. He seemed aware of every minute motion she made, from the spread of her fingers to the adjustments of her body.

He clenched a fist at his side. What kind of magic was this?

He forced himself to listen to her description, wondering if there were clues in the way she spoke. But no, it just seemed to be a vague indication of what her design was. He found himself wondering if she should worry--what if the paint was wrecking his scales? Weakening him? Causing this heat? No, he felt this heat before she painted, when she took his tongue and-- 

She landed in front of him. He got a clear view of her front--her legs, her stomach, her...

He swallowed and squeezed his eyes shut. What kind of power was this!?

"Wow, Denjis," she sighed, squatting back down to better make eye contact, "I really wish you could see all of it from my eyes. It really is beautiful... Uh, not that you weren't beautiful before, obviously, with your shiny obsidian scales and amazing physique..."

He didn't know what was more strange. She calling him by his first name (a sin he would kill others for) or she calling him beautiful.

His name sounded musical on her tongue.

He did as she instructed, moving very slowly and trying to avoid folding his coils over themselves so the paint wouldn't smudge. If she was going to do this, he was not going to mess it up under his own power. He rose to an uncomfortable angle, holding his arms awkwardly at his sides as he bared his chest.

And it, lurking just out of sight.

"How much longer?" he asked.

#37 Ambad

Ambad

• Nova Member
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

She tried to stay focused on how she would incorporate his arms into the design, but found it difficult as he drew himself up. He stopped at a height convenient for her to reach his shoulders and chest.

"How much longer?"

"Not too much," No'ydya assured him, "I'll try not to dally."

She wiped down the arms first, then painted them one at a time, going from where each shoulder connected to his back, and continuing down each arm, finishing on the backs of his hands. It went quickly enough, considering his arms were bigger around than her own legs.

Then she came back to front center for the final stretch. A spiral in each side of Denjis' hood, swooping down along his neck, and onto his broad chest. Wiping and painting, wiping and painting, she brought in more stripes from the edges, branching and forking, terminating where need be, and continuing downward.

She bent a little as she moved further down, spreading to his abdominal muscles, using musculature there as a guide for her design, until at last the final line terminated at his waste.

Then she noticed something: he was rather afflicted, doing his best to conceal it. She glanced back and forth between his eyes and the prize.

No'ydya looked at Denjis and said the only thing that came to mind: "Don't smudge the paint!"

-----

((Consider this your fade-to-black moment. We shant push the boundaries of PG-13 any further.))

#38 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:11 PM

Library

The books in the ruins proved to be useful to Ressad. As his eyes scanned every page, he began to pick up on a few useful talents.

Temporary Paralysis Potion (Lasts one DM post)

-River Toadstool (Found in Centre Plaza)

-Hyetzu Hair

-River water

Dust Bomb (Area of effect. Blinds all for two DM posts)

-Stone dust (Found in treasure room)

-Ragged cloth (Found in library)

-White powder (Found in treasure room)

Meanwhile, Ula's eyes immediately sifted upon a certain creature attempting to scurry away with one of her books. The hyetzi grabbed her club and jumped through the air, hopping off tables, until she landed right in front of Morgaine. Just because she had a fondness for literature does not make her any less of a hyetzu.

"I hate it when they take my books. I hate it when they rip the pages and use them for beds. And I especially hate it when I never see them again."

Ula slammed her club into the ground causing the very foundation to break.

"You are going to return my book, yes? If not, them I'm going to have a nice chitin shield to go with my club."

[Next post will be a quest post. Get your items gathered and get ready for battle.]

gdV21HZ.gif

#39 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

Just when Morgaine thought she was free, Ula suddenly leapt out of nowhere, landing in front of her. A huge club was wielded dextrously in her hands as she slowly stepped toward the arachnian thief, whose eyes widened as she stepped away from the hyetzu librarian.

"I hate it when they take my books. I hate it when they rip the pages and use them for beds. And I especially hate it when I never see them again."

Ula slammed her club into the ground causing the very foundation to break. It got a sharp squeak from Cattell, who back up several steps very quickly. The skittering noises echoed throughout the library after the crack of stone shattering from Ula’s club faded away into the far corners of the room.

"You are going to return my book, yes? If not, them I'm going to have a nice chitin shield to go with my club."

Morgaine gulped. She knew what chitin was, and what shields were. And how threats worked.

“Y-y-yes!” She squeaked, weakly, handing Ula her book and skittering around her. “So-sorry-to-have-bothered-you-see-you-later!” She added, hurrying out of the library. Sweat collected in large beads on her forehead as she fled from the wrathful librarian, whether the hyetzu chose to chase her or not. Either way, Morgaine kept glancing over her shoulder to see, and thus ran headlong… into Drumbeat’s flank.

Not that the verrbjorn would be bothered much by the relatively small arachnian’s stumble. She was, after all, pretty lightweight. However, she was also scared out of her wits, and her eyes widened when she realized she’d run into a wall of fur. Images of Ula and her club returned suddenly to haunt Cattell, and she yelped as she pushed herself away from Drumbeat. It was only as she saw what the wall of fur actually was that she paused. A long moment of silence passed before Morgaine’s face turned bright red, and she backed away further, realizing how much attention she’d just drawn to herself.

“U-uh, don’t mind me…” She said, meekly, looking for someplace to hide. This is even worse than when my teacher… muh...

#40 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

Drumbeat wasn't even budged when Morgaine ran into him, but he did prick his ears up and turn to look at her. She looked absolutely terrified, and Drumbeat frowned in concern as she yelped and shoved herself away from him, only to finally look up at his face and then start scrambling further away. The verrbjorn felt a pang of embarrassment on her account by the way she blushed.

“U-uh, don’t mind me…” She said, meekly.

"It's alright, little one," replied Drumbeat. However, when she looked around for another place to go, Drumbeat didn't let her. He - very gently, so she almost didn't even feel it - laid a huge, clawed hand on one of her shoulders. He had to kneel on his knees just to do that much, but he did it anyway.

"You seem alarmed," the bear-man said softly, genuine concern showing in his bright blue eyes. "Is something wrong?"

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users