• Please log in to reply
524 replies to this topic

#21 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

Must be one of the soldiers from the Wild West line, like these guys: http://lego.wikia.co...Frontier_Patrol

EDIT: Dammit Thrawnie!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#22 old-altair

old-altair

that dude

• Nova Member
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Thanks! Looks pretty cool, if I do say so myself.  :lego_soawesome:

"EXTERMINATE!"

-Dalek Extra #18302

#23 Princess Recon

Princess Recon

You bred raptors?

• Nova Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

I'm not sure if this has been posted about anywhere else, but what material does TLG use for capes? It seems to be a mystery to me.

#24 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

I like the shiny eyes. Though it's a bit disturbing when the LEGO games animate the catchlights as pupils...

I still have never found the Series 9 collectible minifigs. I really want that Roman Emperor. :(

You still want some series 9 minfigs? that's all I have by me

mudkip.png

#25 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

I'm not sure if this has been posted about anywhere else, but what material does TLG use for capes? It seems to be a mystery to me.

Dunno - personally I use pieces of quilt binding from Walmart.

You still want some series 9 minfigs? that's all I have by me

No that's okay - I found them and got the ones I wanted. :)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#26 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

So I just saw this article, and personally I find it hilarious. I mean, I absolutely love the way LEGO has advanced their facial expressions, and changed things up, regardless of whether there are some angry little brick fellas among them. It's better than everyone having the exact same face and making the world look like a sick utopia where everybody is a brainwashed freak.

Just kidding, but I'm wondering what you fellas think about this?

#27 Guest_Jethro Turtle_*

Guest_Jethro Turtle_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:12 AM

Kinda feel like some people are just overreacting.

#28 SaintPanda

SaintPanda

The One True Procratinator

• 42 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

If all my Minifigs had smiley faces as they were mowed down my zombies and aliens then that would be weird.

Also the same when I was entertaining a younger female relative, and they were all eaten by alien-mermaid-things.........  :D

Edited by SaintPanda, 13 June 2013 - 05:01 PM.

So...I write stuff!  Yay.

Here's a link to some of it - 

MY WORKS

#29 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

So I just saw this article, and personally I find it hilarious. I mean, I absolutely love the way LEGO has advanced their facial expressions, and changed things up, regardless of whether there are some angry little brick fellas among them. It's better than everyone having the exact same face and making the world look like a sick utopia where everybody is a brainwashed freak.

Just kidding, but I'm wondering what you fellas think about this?

LOL, I actually noticed they were talking about this on some morning news program. How silly. LEGO faces aren't just getting angrier - they're also getting sadder, crazier, and generally more expressive. Of course a lot of the "angry faces" are due to movie licences and such. Interesting how they do not mention that many of these "angry faces" are double-sided, with a "happier" expression on the back, so kids can switch them as needed. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#30 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

It's better than everyone having the exact same face and making the world look like a sick utopia where everybody is a brainwashed freak.

...Smileville?

I can't even come up with anything to say about the article. It doesn't seem worth making a huge deal out of.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#31 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

LOL, I actually noticed they were talking about this on some morning news program. How silly. LEGO faces aren't just getting angrier - they're also getting sadder, crazier, and generally more expressive. Of course a lot of the "angry faces" are due to movie licences and such. Interesting how they do not mention that many of these "angry faces" are double-sided, with a "happier" expression on the back, so kids can switch them as needed. :P

What's worse, or hilarious, it's the first picture they use as an example looks like The Hulk, which default facial expression is being angry.

#32 SaintPanda

SaintPanda

The One True Procratinator

• 42 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

...Smileville?

I can't even come up with anything to say about the article. It doesn't seem worth making a huge deal out of.

After seeing this link I proceded to read the whole comic.

So...I write stuff!  Yay.

Here's a link to some of it - 

MY WORKS

#33 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

a_21103_box_front_800.jpg

I'm... a bit disappointed in this. The minifigs are nothing to write home about, and the car is so blocky and clunky with ugly wheels, and I doubt it can seat two people comfortably. It doesn't say "Delorean" to me. To be frank, it looks way too much like this piece of crap I built eight years ago:

bttf002.jpg

I've already got one of those. :|  Sometimes I think I should really be working for LEGO...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#34 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

I dunno, I think this may end up being the first Cuusoo I get. I'm guessing $30, and though the car is admittetly meh, I do like the look of the 'figs. (Yeah, they're not super special, but Doc Brown's hairpiece is a new color for me, and I'd probably use Marty's jacket for Bobby from Supernatural.) I think to make it much better, it would've had to gone up $10-20 in price, and it would've been bigger.

Though that's gotta be the blockiest car hood LEGO's come out with in the past 5 years...

#35 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

To be frank, it looks way too much like this piece of crap I built eight years ago:

Honestly I think yours looks way better. Or at least more accurate. For what that's worth.

EDIT:
And if anyone's wondering if it's even possible to make an accurate minifig scale Delorean:
delorean.jpg

Yeah, LEGO completely phoned it in.

Edited by Thrawnie, 16 July 2013 - 02:58 AM.

2004-2018

#36 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

Honestly I think yours looks way better. Or at least more accurate. For what that's worth.

EDIT:
And if anyone's wondering if it's even possible to make an accurate minifig scale Delorean:
delorean.jpg

Yeah, LEGO completely phoned it in.

Do you have a link to this beautiful piece of nerdage?

mudkip.png

#37 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

That's the only picture of it in the Brickshelf gallery I found it in.

2004-2018

#38 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:17 AM

Soooooo one:

9215033076_377eda5b38.jpg

I believe the blocky hood is so that you can change the car into the futuristic version without too much trouble. According to Brickset's review, no stickers either, which is a huge plus.

Not to mention if you really want the flat hood, it can't be that hard to just mod it. Guys. LEGOs here. :lego_wink:

But also,

Minecraft_Village_610x343.jpg

And

Minecraft_Nether_610x343.jpg

I've not really played Minecraft, but still, the fact that there is hope for multiple sets from Cuusoo products creates interest for me.

#39 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

CMF Series 11

9315033619_41be676b86.jpg

can't say I like it to much 

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

Nice sax. And that welder dude's helmet looks great for Fallout stuff. But yeah, only about half of them look interesting at all. :\

They need to do a Mongol warrior.

Not to mention if you really want the flat hood, it can't be that hard to just mod it. Guys. LEGOs here. :lego_wink:

Oh, I plan to. But I was hoping the set designers would come up with some better ideas than I could. Or at least better wheels.

I hope they make more sets though. I'd kill for a time train.

bciJ7fQ.jpg

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users