32 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

I think most of us know what Cuusoo is.

For those not in the know, it's a way to suggest themes to Lego and get support for them. It's pretty new, and right now the only ones to reach the 10,000 supporter goal are people with big fanbases like Mojang and that one Japanese artist guy, but maybe with luck it'll get more popular with time.

Posted Image
I'll start us off with SPACE MARINES. Sure, it's a generic idea, but it hasn't really been done in Lego yet (officially, smartass) and the guy doing this idea has done a fantastic job of presenting it as a pretty awesome variant on the ever-present space themes and even built some sweet chunky ships and such to help sell the idea. I know I'll be buying the Galaxy Patrol by the dozens once it comes out, so to make an entire theme based on the idea would be great in my book. Especially if you happen to be an army-builder. In fact, it's like if Brikwars got its own official line.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#2 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

Posted Image

This made me smile.

giphy.gif

#3 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

I dig the Space Marines thing, and maybe SSLF should come up with our own line to suggest?
The Uncharted thing is awesome :P

#4 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

Scorp could pitch Nova Refuge, but then it wouldn't be his anymore if they adopted it.
Old timer

#5 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:26 AM

Half life would be awesome.

And/or Space Marines, of course :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#6 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

Definitely posted such a topic a while back... :rolleyes:

No hard feelings though

So.. question.. I don't suppose if somebody suggested something from a license (Say.. Halo) LEGO would still have to get the license from said.. thing? I would assume so, but... I can hope :P

#7 Guest_Jethro Turtle_*

Guest_Jethro Turtle_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Alright Here's a Idea..Lego already has a liscense from DC COMICS and MARVEL, Why not expand that liscense to Image Comics, I could see it now..LEGO SPAWN, LEGO The Walking Dead, Lego Savage Dragon.

#8 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:41 AM

I'd kill for Lego the Walking Dead :D I'm actually making some Walking dead figures as we speak!
That would be up there for favorite line ever!

#9 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

Wow, Lego has a good idea there. I love the Space Marines!

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#10 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

I think NR would be a great addition to there. But Wouldn't that mean that Lego would 'own' it? I'm sure they'd still let you write the books though.

Also, a lot of the violence would have to be toned down. Well, here's hoping for a more mature Lego line.

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#11 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

Is there any hope for Halo to be made? I was wrong about MB. I got sets for Christmas, and.... THEY FALL APART.

*Supports all Halo related things*

gTAoKX.gif

#12 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

I was wrong about MB. I got sets for Christmas, and.... THEY FALL APART.

Old news bro... MegaBlocks suck. :P
I doubt Lego would ever do a Halo line, seeing as their competitors made one, and now there's this space marine thing that looks quite a bit like halo. But hey, maybe they will? Who knows really?

Unless Lego agreed to work really closely with Scorp to create the Nova Refuge line, I don't think it'd be a good idea. There's so much left for Scorp to put into his universe before he sells it to toy companies like Lego and whatnot. But if Scorp has NR trademarked (I don't know if he does, though i'm sure he must) then I don't think Lego would 'own' the universe. They'd just be able to make sets based off of it.

Who knows... all that legal crap. But it sure would be cool to own a Valkyrie or the Manegarm for myself! :D Maybe one day when Scorp has a couple more books written and stuff. :P

On the subject of violence in Lego's, they're doing Lord of the Rings which had some decapitation and blood and plenty of violence. Making something into Lego immediately tones down the violence. ;)

#13 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:07 AM

Quick! Everybody create a Cuusoo account and support all Halo projects!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE IS HOPE!

We welcome projects based on third party intellectual property (such as movies or games). If one of these projects reaches 10,000 supporters, we will handle the necessary licensing arrangements (so don't worry about that).

HALO HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Edited by Ouflah, 22 February 2012 - 04:09 AM.

gTAoKX.gif

#14 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:08 AM

THERE IS HOPE!

Sorry in advance:

There are around 200-250 active members on SSLF
let's say that 50-70 actively browse the LEGO boards here
of those 50-70, about half will see this topic.
Now we're at 25-35 users, lets say that a quarter of them make an account on CUUSO/already have one, and all support HALO, that's only around 6-8 people supporting it. Hardly enough to make much of a difference.

So again: Sorry, but there really isn't any hope.

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#15 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

Except I'm pretty sure there's more kids out there who want Lego Halo than just the ones on this forum. And anyway, every vote helps.

I'm kind of doubtful they'd make it even if it got 10,000 votes though, for the reasons I've mentioned ad nauseam every other time this gets brought up. Plus they might actually not be able to legally since Mega Bloks has the license.

2004-2018

#16 Ten Buck

Ten Buck

Private

• 96 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

Alright Here's a Idea..Lego already has a liscense from DC COMICS and MARVEL, Why not expand that liscense to Image Comics, I could see it now..LEGO SPAWN, LEGO The Walking Dead, Lego Savage Dragon.

I didn't know this exsisted at all! This is awesome, what a great idea. Lego The Walking Dead would be sweet.
I would support the Back To The Future idea, i'd love to have that set sitting on my shelf. Get a little hoverboard and perhaps a set with the Steam Engine time machine as well

#17 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:31 AM

Modern military, gears of war, fantasy stuff, and space marines sound cool. Sorry Ouflah but LEGO Halo can't happen.

#18 Spartan5511

Spartan5511

That was pretty ninja

• Nova Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

Mass Effect. That could possibly be the greatest thing to ever come out of Cuusoo. Imagine if Scorp put up his Mako on there and we all supported it....
Posted Image

#19 Darksquirrel

Darksquirrel

Rookie

• 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

mass effect would be awesome ,but the space marines dont actually look like space marines (and the rhino dosent look like one either) which is my only problem ,But i suppose if they did look like space marines theyd be harder to use in mocs.
Posted Image RAAAWR!!!!!

#20 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

Mass Effect. That could possibly be the greatest thing to ever come out of Cuusoo. Imagine if Scorp put up his Mako on there and we all supported it....

Or just put Nova Refuge on there in general...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users