The World Ends With You

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gas Snake

Gas Snake

Conquerer of the universe

• 176 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

Well today, I beat the regular game of The World Ends With You, one of the best DS game out at the monent. In case you're an idiot, The World Ends With You is a real-time RPG which makes use of gameplay on both screens, utilising the touch feature to control the action on the bottom and the buttons to control what happens up top. The story goes that a young guy named Neku wakes up in the middle of Shibuya with no memory. He has a strange pin in his hand which lets him read thoughts, and recieves a mission on his phone which says that if he doesn't complete it, he will be erased. Now he must play the Reapers' game for seven days to survive, as well as discovering the mystery of his lost memory and just who is in charge of the Reapers and this game.

Perhaps what this game is most famous for is the silly character of Sho Minamimoto, a member of the Reapers who creates piles of junk for modern art, and is obsessed with mathematics, shouting things like 'You're so zetta slow!', 'You're out of your vector!', 'SOHCAHTOA', 'SINE... COSINE... TANGEANT!' and other funny lines.

Never forget, Doctor! You did this! I name you - forever - you are the destroyer of worlds!

#2 Assassin 117

Assassin 117

Mastery-level novice.

• 100 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:20 AM

Erm..........okay. So, what do you want us to post about, exactly?

My new Sci-Fi RP!

I like my siggy. Don't even think about asking me to change it. Unless you're a mod. Or a kitten.

#3 Treize

Treize

Private First Class

• 126 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

No idea what this topic is really about, but I looked at a couple o screenshots for that game, reminds me of DDR. XD

#4 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:53 AM

He's essentially asking for your opinions on the game, if you have it or not. Otherwise don't post.

Well I've been looking for a decent game for the DS, so I may try this: I'm getting a bit bored of Pikimon. What sort of era is this set?

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

Also, have you considered becoming a Nova Member?

#5 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:14 AM

I want to try it, but there is one issue, the game requires simultaneous usage of the dpad and stylus right? So do you think its still ok to play with the older ds without a lot of arm strain?

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#6 Treize

Treize

Private First Class

• 126 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (The Squirrel @ May 21 2008, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's essentially asking for your opinions on the game, if you have it or not. Otherwise don't post.

Well I've been looking for a decent game for the DS, so I may try this: I'm getting a bit bored of Pikimon. What sort of era is this set?

Actually...his post has nothing but statements in it, and calling anyone whom hasnt heard of or known about some DS game (I only know it exsists due to gamespot) an idiot...there is no question of any sort in his post.

#7 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (Treize @ May 22 2008, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually...his post has nothing but statements in it, and calling anyone whom hasnt heard of or known about some DS game (I only know it exsists due to gamespot) an idiot...there is no question of any sort in his post.

This is a discussion thread. He makes his statement about the game, and we make ours. Then we talk about how we like to play it and what parts we enjoy and the such. All this is implied by the fact that this is a forum. When he calls people an idiot, do you honestly think he means it? The Internet is all about the lulz, even if it's just calling someone an idiot. Now stop spamming and either talk about the game or leave.

I think I'll get it actually. 9/10 on Gamespot sounds like a game not to be missed. Once I've bought it I'll post my comments on it.

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

Also, have you considered becoming a Nova Member?

#8 Gas Snake

Gas Snake

Conquerer of the universe

• 176 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:44 AM

It's zetta good! And about using both the stylus and the D-Pad, you only need to use the stylus, you can set the D-Pad controlled part of the game to the useless computer. I managed to beat most of the game using that, except for the final boss fights, where one of them requires a certain strategy of D-Pad use, and another requires you to hold a direction on the pad while fighting the boss.

Never forget, Doctor! You did this! I name you - forever - you are the destroyer of worlds!

#9 Treize

Treize

Private First Class

• 126 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:07 AM

Your right, I just looked at a review for it on IGN and good game, gamespot obviously has issues with taking screenshots. tongue.gif

Looks like a great game, what with all the coordination and such between both screens, its too bad I dont have a DS or else I would get.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users