• Please log in to reply
774 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Blood-Snake

Dr Blood-Snake

There are no men like me

• Nova Patron
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

So, who's been watching this? It's on HBO in the US and Sky Atlantic in the UK, and I have to say, having read the books, I'm really loving this show and it's been fantastic to see it all come together on the screen. The casting and quality of acting is really amazing.
So discuss episodes here, but not the books, and don't post any book spoilers for those who might not have read them.

"Do you still love her?"
"Almost as much as I hate her."

#2 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,003 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

Ugh, I've been meaning to watch this, but I can't find the episodes anywhere, and it doesn't air here.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#3 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Patron
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:32 AM

This series is so good. I've been meaning to read A Song of Ice and Fire for a while now, maybe this'll finally bring me to do it. All I know is that on IMDB I spoiled something for myself in regards to my favorite character on the show, and needless to say if they changed it in the show I wouldn't really mind. Probably won't though.

#4 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

Apologies for the bump.

Just watched the show on HBO episodes one through nine. Amazing show it is, now I am interested in the novels.

gdV21HZ.gif

#5 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,872 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:53 AM

Yeah, this show is kind of awesome. HBO has a tendency to provide awesome TV shows. I've never read the books before, but I'm really enjoying the show regardless. Everything about it is pretty much terrific.

I like the signature, Richard. :P

EDIT: The season finale was...lame. They had so much going for them, and during the entire episode they just kept setting up for more and more awesomeness, but nothing cool happened at all (except for the very end, which if you've seen the episode you should know exactly what I'm talking about without me being too specific). It just didn't feel like a season finale. It felt like they were trying to set up for a bunch of cool stuff to happen in next season's premiere, but I don't think that's the point of a season finale. They didn't bring an end to any of the season's story arcs, or provide any closure whatsoever. It was disappointing.

tumblr_mv5348v8GT1qghl49o1_500.gif

#6 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,003 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

Thank you. And don't worry. Joffrey get's his due eventually...

Also, believe me, it gets a lot better in the next book. Let's just say the King had a certain relative who was not pleased that the Iron Throne didn't get handed to him.

Edit: And they did bring and end to one Story Arc. Ned's. It was a quick, sharp ending, true, but it ended.

Edited by Richard, 19 June 2011 - 10:10 AM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#7 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Self-Ejected
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

Currently halfway through the second book. Very good series, but the books are such beasts to get through! Thing is, you don't really think about the length when you read them. They just don't feel long. :)

I plan to watch the series soon. I'm excited to see how they handled it, and if any changes were made. Though, from what I heard, it's alarmingly accurate to the source material.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#8 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,495 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

EDIT: The season finale was...lame.

YOUR FACE IS L-

I mean, I thought it was pretty cool. Dragons, bro.

I was a little disappointed that most of Drogo's infection happened off-screen, though. In one episode he's all with the ripping the tongue out through the throat-hole business and they're going to get creepy witch lady clean his wound, and then the next time you see him he's falling off his horse half-dead. And then the next time he's a vegetable. I guess the witch just didn't clean his wound properly (or dirtied it up) because she hated him, but I wanted to see what was going on with the blood magic in the tent and what happened with Daenerys' lizard-baby. I'm sure it must be difficult to adapt all that book into not-so-much TV show, but I wants to see some grossness.

But, anyway, Game of Thrones has been one of the best TV shows in an awfully long time. I've never read the books but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to now, and I'm usually not a Fantasy guy at all. The casting of the show was amazing, and I loved that they cast an actual Northerner as the Lord of the North. The only weak-links were Sansa, and she showed some impressive chops in the last episode, and Peter Dinklage's shaky accent, but he's so perfect for that role I can let it slide. I just hope it doesn't go getting too depressing. I've already accepted that it's one of those things where nothing ever gets better and horrible things happen to characters you love, but I have my limits. My two favourite Starks, Bran and Arya, both have things pretty crappy at the moment, Joffrey's getting his torture on, people are going to war, it's gettin' cold and something awful's happening north of the wall. I'm not asking for happy funtimes, just maybe a hint of hope.

#9 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,003 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

I was a little disappointed that most of Drogo's infection happened off-screen, though. In one episode he's all with the ripping the tongue out through the throat-hole business and they're going to get creepy witch lady clean his wound, and then the next time you see him he's falling off his horse half-dead. And then the next time he's a vegetable. I guess the witch just didn't clean his wound properly (or dirtied it up) because she hated him, but I wanted to see what was going on with the blood magic in the tent and what happened with Daenerys' lizard-baby. I'm sure it must be difficult to adapt all that book into not-so-much TV show, but I wants to see some grossness.

In the book, it's explained that Maz Durr's dry poultice was irritating Drogo, so he had one of his slaves change it to a wet one, and he also kept drinking. It led to the wound festering.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#10 Sniper-Serpent

Sniper-Serpent

Tick Tick Boom

• Nova Patron
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 05:46 PM

Do you guys know where I can watch this online? I don't have HBO, and I love the books, partway through clash of kings, so i want to see the series.
Posted Image
Proud member of Aperature science.

#11 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,872 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

YOUR FACE IS L-

I mean, I thought it was pretty cool. Dragons, bro.

The dragons were pretty much the only awesome part. Awesome as they may be, the rest of the episode (when you consider the fact that it was the last episode for an entire year) was pretty uneventful. I don't know, I was just disappointed. Still looking forward to Season 2.

tumblr_mv5348v8GT1qghl49o1_500.gif

#12 Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Sergeant

• 1,261 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:05 AM

I just watched the first episode and half of the second. Its pretty good.

So many creepy brothers though .-.

There is no such thing as normal. Especially here.

Posted Image

#13 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:55 PM

Such a great show in my opinion. And I don't usually like Fantasy. This show is just such an exception, though. All the characters are real, genuine people, and the plot is tightly constructed. Love it.

I would probably read the books, but I read so slowly that I'd probably still be reading the first book during the third season.

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#14 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,003 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:45 AM

Posted Image
More here.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#15 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,003 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1yydcG9woWA

Sexy, sexy violin.

ALSO A DANCE WITH DRAGONS IS COMING OUT NEXT TUESDAY CANNOT WAIT HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

Posted Image

Edited by Richard, 06 July 2011 - 07:07 PM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#16 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,495 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1yydcG9woWA

Sexy, sexy violin.

As sexy as that violin is (and, seriously, that guy's amazing. He's got one video of him playing an electric violin through a wah pedal), no degree of skill can turn a violin into a cello. I love me some violin but I love me some cello, and the Game of Thrones theme (the good part at least) is a cello thing.

#17 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

Posted Image
More here.

Number seven and ten killed me XD.

Currently investing money on the books. Seems like I'm going to have a long read the rest of the summer.

gdV21HZ.gif

#18 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,003 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:39 PM

ARRRRGH AMAZON WHERE IS MY DANCE OF DRAGONS

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#19 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,003 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

Posted Image
Also, season 2 will be split up.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#20 Dr Blood-Snake

Dr Blood-Snake

There are no men like me

• Nova Patron
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

EDIT: The season finale was...lame. They had so much going for them, and during the entire episode they just kept setting up for more and more awesomeness, but nothing cool happened at all (except for the very end, which if you've seen the episode you should know exactly what I'm talking about without me being too specific). It just didn't feel like a season finale. It felt like they were trying to set up for a bunch of cool stuff to happen in next season's premiere, but I don't think that's the point of a season finale. They didn't bring an end to any of the season's story arcs, or provide any closure whatsoever. It was disappointing.

It's how it is in the book. Apart from the two big stuff
Spoiler
it's set up for the second book, which I believe is the best, after the third book anyway.

"Do you still love her?"
"Almost as much as I hate her."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users