63 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

POPULAR

Hey, everybody. So I've never participated in any kind of art challenge or anything to do with art before - but practicing my art is something I've always wanted to do. I recently discovered a little thing called Inktober, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Basically, you do one drawing every day for the month of October, and then you ink it. I've never inked before, so that's been even newer to me than drawing in general.

There are some prompts out there, including the official ones, but so far I've just been drawing random things that seem fun, good practice, or that simply come to mind. I'd love to do some more fan art, but lately I haven't had much time, as I'd afraid might happen. Still, I'm going to do at least some little doodles in what time I can find, just to make sure I get some practice in. I've been updating my assorted social media daily: Twitter, Tumblr, and DeviantArt. I haven't yet updated my Facebook or my site itself with these new drawings, as I was planning to update those on more of a weekly basis, with a bunch of drawings at once. As for Instagram... I still haven't really gotten into using that yet.

Anyway, moving right along...

On the first day of Inktober, I struggled to get anything down that I liked at all, and ultimately I ended up drawing a way-too-small werewolf Chuck Bartowski. I'm hoping to draw a much larger, detailed werewolf Chuck Bartowski later, if I can manage it. :P These images are low-quality, since I did them at the last minute and just snapped them on a cell phone.

Here's the sketch:

werewolf_chuck_sketch_by_maverick_werewo

And here's the inked version:

inktober__day_1___werewolf_chuck_bartows

On the second day of Inktober, I did something that's more of an actual drawing. I asked Scorp what I should draw, and he tossed out "a WoW troll," so I drew a troll from World of Warcraft. :P

Here's the sketch:

world_of_warcraft_troll_warrior___sketch

And here's the inked version:

inktober__day_2___world_of_warcraft_trol

Tonight, the third day of Inktober, I was hard pressed for time and inspiration, since I didn't have a very good day today. I ended up just doing two little quick doodles instead of something more elaborate. As I have some lengthy classes tomorrow, I'm hoping I can get something drawn in there and then ink them when I get home.

So, here's an inked little howling wolf head and a cartoony kitty:

inktober__day_3___wolf_and_cartoon_kitty

That's all for now! Hopefully I can get up the time and - more importantly - the courage to draw some of my actual characters, or at least some more fan art or some werewolves or wolves or something. :P

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#2 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

You're welcome.

• 1,342 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:06 AM

Looks great so far!  A challenge like Inktober will be hard with your schedule, but I'm sure you'll excel anyway.

The troll warrior is my personal favorite so far, with the sheer detail you put into it.  Werewolf-Chuck was pretty clever, too, and the doodles for day 3 were quite nice to look at.  Looking forward to seeing how the rest of your month turns out! 

Moana-disney-princess-39692805-268-140.g

"We keep our Island in our mind
And when it's time to find home
We know the way"

#3 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 03:54 PM

These are great! While I can appreciate the drawingm the inked ones really make a lit of your details pop. Please keep this up! I really like Chuck and the WoW troll.

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!

Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
8.jpg

gandalf-spin-o.gif

#4 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

*Angry Anime Grunting*

• Nova Patron
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

inktober__day_2___world_of_warcraft_trol

This is my personal favorite as well.

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:17 PM

POPULAR

Looks great so far!  A challenge like Inktober will be hard with your schedule, but I'm sure you'll excel anyway.

The troll warrior is my personal favorite so far, with the sheer detail you put into it.  Werewolf-Chuck was pretty clever, too, and the doodles for day 3 were quite nice to look at.  Looking forward to seeing how the rest of your month turns out! 

It's getting tougher, I'll admit. :lol: Your faith in me is greatly appreciated. :P

Thanks!

These are great! While I can appreciate the drawingm the inked ones really make a lit of your details pop. Please keep this up! I really like Chuck and the WoW troll.

Thanks, Nightstalker! :D

I appreciate the comments, you guys! I'm still trying to get at least one drawing done every night. I did some extra inking today, but they aren't really worth posting, honestly. I was just practicing on some older pictures that I've posted before long in the past. :P

Tonight, I did something... well, very different. I was, for some reason, possessed to draw the streamer BroTeam as a beer-drinking bear with some skulls and skels. If you don't watch/listen to BroTeam, many of the references will fly over your head. Sorry about that.

inktober__day_4___broteam_bear_by_maveri

I'm hoping to draw a bigger and more detailed werewolf Chuck at some point, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that tomorrow night. We'll see what happens next.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#6 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Patron
  • 925 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:17 PM

Love the Inktober stuff, Wolfy! You've got a really nice mix. I always liked that better than people drawing from, like, one theme or whatever. Lot's more variety from you. I'm going to keep mah peepers glued to your art thread for more!

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#7 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:31 PM

Thanks, Croc! :D Good to see you again!

Sadly, though, my Inktober failed tonight. I fully blame my headache. After multiple attempts to draw a very large picture of a demon, all I ended up with was this tiny, weird little vampire doodle, and I even messed up his shading, lol.

inktober__day_5___tiny_vampire_by_maveri

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#8 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

If it's any consolation, that's one adorable bat-man. :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#9 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Patron
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 05:56 PM

Thanks, Croc! :D Good to see you again!

Sadly, though, my Inktober failed tonight. I fully blame my headache. After multiple attempts to draw a very large picture of a demon, all I ended up with was this tiny, weird little vampire doodle, and I even messed up his shading, lol.

inktober__day_5__fail____tiny_vampire_du

The image seems to be broken now :/

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:01 PM

It isn't broken on my end, but I did rename the image on DA, so that might've broken it. I've edited the image into my post again just to make sure. :)

Working on some more art right now! I should have something posted tonight.

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#11 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:05 PM

Alrighty, here's tonight's! Drew another cartoony werewolf Chuck for the #SaveChuckAgain movement. Feel free to read about it here (and see one of my tweets alongside some of Zac's :enchanted: ), and join in, if you can. And here's a short article I wrote about it, along with a short Chuck fan-fic that I posted on my site.

Here are the drawings! Sketch first, inked second. Probably should've put more fur lines on his face, but oh well. I didn't want it to end up looking weird. :P

cartoony_werewolf_chuck___sketch_01_by_m

inktober__day_6___cartoony_werewolf_chuc

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#12 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Patron
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:34 PM

But his poor tie!!!!! I've always liked how you include all the little details, like his pocket protector and his watch! Seriously excited for moarr!!!

Love the Inktober stuff, Wolfy! You've got a really nice mix. I always liked that better than people drawing from, like, one theme or whatever. Lot's more variety from you. I'm going to keep mah peepers glued to your art thread for more!

Also, Croc said "peepers" and that amuses me!

emily-blunt.gif

#13 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:36 PM

Thanks, Rokky!

Here's a weird mummy guy:

inktober__day_7___mummy_by_maverick_were

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#14 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:03 PM

POPULAR

Tonight, I made my first attempt in several years to draw an actual human, and he even has a face. :P Even if I think said face is much better in the sketch. Anyway, here's the sketch and then the inked version of a rather simplistic drawing of Caiden Voros...

caiden_voros_sketch_01_by_maverick_werew

inktober__day_8___caiden_voros_by_maveri

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#15 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

You're welcome.

• 1,342 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:53 PM

Super-Venator, ready to save the day and hunt monsters!  XD  Looking better and better, Maverick.

The mummy thing was also quite fascinating, with the missing bits and the way the burial clothes hang limply.  Keep up the good work!

Moana-disney-princess-39692805-268-140.g

"We keep our Island in our mind
And when it's time to find home
We know the way"

#16 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:27 PM

I dunno, that bold inking of Caid's face leaves me little doubt of how Perky fell in love with that mug. :P

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#17 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:45 PM

Thank you for the comments, guys! And I take that as quite a compliment, Burgs, thank you. :lol:

My Inktober slacked a bit tonight, and I ended up setting aside the larger image to ink a dragon doodle real quick, so that I could get something done for tonight. This is going to be a rough work for me, so I was a bit scatterbrained coming into drawing tonight... Anyway, hopefully I'll do better tomorrow night, but I dunno, given I have a Latin exam this Tuesday. Might end up being later in the week before I get anything big drawn.

inktober__day_9___dragon_doodle_by_maver

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#18 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

*Angry Anime Grunting*

• Nova Patron
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:12 AM

Even if I think said face is much better in the sketch. Anyway, here's the sketch and then the inked version of a rather simplistic drawing of Caiden Voros...

inktober__day_8___caiden_voros_by_maveri

Just by looking at what he's wearing, I'm beginning to understand why Caiden keeps getting injured in Errant. :D

Anyways, keep up the good work! Maybe we'll see some more Wulfgard drawings soon. ;)

#19 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 11,985 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:15 PM

POPULAR

Tonight's Inktober is a mysterious monster that may or may not be concept art for something (and some experimenting with lots of shading).

inktober__day_10___mysterious_monster_by

gallery_3_16_330210.gif

#20 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

*Angry Anime Grunting*

• Nova Patron
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:11 AM

Tonight's Inktober is a mysterious monster that may or may not be concept art for something (and some experimenting with lots of shading).

inktober__day_10___mysterious_monster_by

Some weird stuff must be going down in Chasing Shadows.

*checks topic*

Yup, I called it. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users