• Please log in to reply
2643 replies to this topic

#41 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Patron
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:42 AM

Just saw The Maltese Falcon. A true classic. :D Of course, I always have had a soft-spot for detective movies.

#42 Delta

Delta

SSLF's Subject 16

• 890 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:47 AM

Saw Prince of Persia today, not bad, pretty decent action/adventure flick

:shock:

I need to see this movie. I wish it wasn't 3D, because it's either

A ) Annoying
B ) Completely unnecessary
C ) Both.

It seems so gimmicky. But, since it is Toy Story 3D, I suppose I ought to watch it in 3D.

You don't need to see it in 3D, it's honestly only in 3D because EVERY movie nowadays is and they're just going with the flow. The 3D doesn't add anything to it.

Edited by Delta, 24 June 2010 - 06:47 AM.

Posted Image

#43 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,003 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:58 AM

Only see 3-D movies if they've been MADE for 3-D.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#44 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Patron
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:04 AM

Like how Toy Story was.

#45 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,003 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:08 AM

Like how Toy Story was.

Buh? No, like Avatar, lol.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#46 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Patron
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:21 AM

Still, Toy Story 3 was made with 3-D. Just the same as UP. Now Clash of the Titans on the other hand...

#47 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,003 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:32 AM

...There's a HUGE difference with being made with CG, and being made for 3-D. '3-D' films, for instance, don;t actually have to contain any CG.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#48 Xero

Xero

The King of Iron Fist

• Nova Patron
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

I know this. All I'm saying is that Toy Story 3 was made with 3-D in mind, unlike CotT which just had it tacked on after filming was done.

#49 Fate

Fate

• Nova Patron
  • 697 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:14 AM

Just saw The Maltese Falcon. A true classic. :D Of course, I always have had a soft-spot for detective movies.

I upvoted your post, which I guess means I have just high fived you... over the internet! I recommend you read the book, if you haven't already.

You don't need to see it in 3D, it's honestly only in 3D because EVERY movie nowadays is and they're just going with the flow. The 3D doesn't add anything to it.

I agree with you there. 3D is just gimmicky. It will not nor should be the "future" of cinema. I think it ruins the realism. And those damn goggles.

Only see 3-D movies if they've been MADE for 3-D.

Like how Toy Story was.

Yes, I'm thinking since it was made in 3D format, I should watch it in 3D format, even with my dislike for it.

Edited by Fate, 24 June 2010 - 09:19 AM.

#50 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Patron
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

I saw Karate Kid, surprisingly good actually.
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#51 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,003 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:29 AM

Jackie Chan is THE MAN.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#52 Dan FromtheGrave

Dan FromtheGrave

Yo dawg, I herd you like creepers...

• Banned
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:32 AM

Jackie Chan is THE MAN.

Cracky Chan is better IMO -_-

#53 Eeevilz

Eeevilz

Panda.

• 620 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:30 AM

I saw Prince of Persia, and I have to say, it was pretty good :P

I would have, but my character got Falcon punched by a were-pire. Wow, that was a weird sentence. :P

Oh God I'm posting my actual political views in the News & Politics topic all serious-like what the heck is wrong with me

Posted Image

#54 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Patron
  • 4,324 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

Just watched the new Alice in Wonderland.

... odd... quite odd...

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#55 Princess Bacon

Princess Bacon

burn the internet

• Nova Patron
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

The Thing.

I don't udnerstand how Kurt Russel got top billing, Kurt Russel's beard was totally the star of that movie. Also, did not notice Keith David was Childs the first time. Awesomesauce.

#56 Ocelot

Ocelot

Punished Cap

• 7,540 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

It's out already? Was there any mention of the fact that, despite being called The Karate Kid, he's actually in China being taught Kung Fu? Was Jackie Chan called Mr. Miyagi, a Japanese name, despite being Chinese? Was it just a great big racially insensitive melange of offensiveness?

I don't plan on ever seeing it, because I'm operating under a self-imposed Chan Ban. Y'see, Jackie Chan is one of the greatest human beings of all time. He starred in and choreographed every single best fight scene of all time in every best Kung Fu movie of all time. He ran up walls, he invented Stepladder Fu, he could do that one thing with the horseshoe on the end of a rope where they spin it around and around and then out of nowhere it just flies out and straight up murders someone's face. And he did it all while being one of the most hilarious, fun to watch people who has ever stood infront of a camera.

But he's old now. I saw Rush Hour 3 a while ago, and it's clear that age has slowed him down. He can't run up walls like he used to. And I can't take that. It is simply too depressing for me that not even the greatest, most stirling example of human majesty can succumb to the effects of old age. If Jackie Chan - Jackie Chan - can't fight the crushing horror of inevitable oblivion then what chance do the rest of us have? I just can't think about that.

So now I can't watch anything Jackie Chan makes anymore. Chan Ban.

#57 Jethro Turtle

Jethro Turtle

Century Sergeant

• 2,186 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:08 PM

You mean the Transformer movie from the 80's, that movie has a Weird Al song in it.
Posted Image

Remeber The Blue Team of JlBlue.

#58 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:40 AM

So, Ocelot if I understand well enough, you don't want to watch any movie by Jackie Chan anymore, not because he changed anything, but because he's not fit anymore to do what he did once ? That's a little weird here, you should honor the man for staying up that long, not refusing what he still do nowadays, as you said, slowed down by age.

#59 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Patron
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

I think it's more because he's not quite as spry as he used to be and it's starting to show, and because of that he can't do quite as much as he used to in terms of stunt-work and epic fighting, which makes Sensei Ocey sadfais.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#60 Halcyon

Halcyon

Boop.

• Nova Patron
  • 4,430 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:22 AM

Posted Image

A cool movie with great fight scenes and interesting philosophical concepts, I highly recommend this movie. :D

Of course, maybe I just like Kurt Russell movies. :P

While I'm on the subject of Kurt Russell movies, these movies are cool too:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Colonel Halicon, 25 June 2010 - 02:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users