2644 replies to this topic

#21 Princess Bacon

Princess Bacon

burn the internet

• Nova Patron
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:56 AM

Posted Image

It was awesome. Seriously, just watch it.

Plus, it has Billy Conolly as a show-stealing cigar-smoking six-guns-wielding badass grandpa hitman. Why would you not watch it?
Posted Image

(Oh yeah, you might not want to watch it if you don't like stuff like the over the top violence and 250 F-bombs over the course of 1 hour and 48 minutes.)

#22 1-800-786-1410

1-800-786-1410

1-800-786-1410

• Nova Patron
  • 10,737 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

The Boondock Saints is amazing. I have yet to see the second one though, but I'm sure it's just as good.

giphy.gif

#23 Veloranen

Veloranen

I came out of Lurkdom for this?

• 675 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:41 PM

Spider-Man 3 whilst dog-sitting, as it was the only thing on TV. It's just as horrendously bad as I remembered it to be. Too many characters, the majority of them ENTIRELY WASTED AND UNFAITHFUL TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL (Here's lookin' at you, Eddie and Gwen), bad plotting, even worse subplotting, Tobey Macguire is not convincing as Spider-Man, the guy who played Sandman has only one expression apparently, and a bunch of other complaints, culminating in THEM RUINING MY FAVORITE COMIC BOOK CHARACTER OF ALL TIME, VENOM GRAH.
A 0/5.

Posted Image

#24 Mercutio

Mercutio

№ 1

• Nova Patron
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:38 AM

The Boondock Saints is amazing. I have yet to see the second one though, but I'm sure it's just as good.

Aside from my feelings on the first Boondock Saints, I can assure you the second is worse in every way possible.

http://threemileisland.forumotion.org/

http://enfiladedefilade.blogspot.com/

#25 Princess Bacon

Princess Bacon

burn the internet

• Nova Patron
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

Aside from my feelings on the first Boondock Saints, I can assure you the second is worse in every way possible.

Definitetely.

I felt it was just more of the same but worse, except for the parts with Il Duce's past.

EDIT: Toy Story 3 tomorrow night (hopefully). Enthusiasm levels are off the charts.

#26 Mercutio

Mercutio

№ 1

• Nova Patron
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

If you want to understand why the second is so bad, you should watch Overnight. Documentary about the rise and fall of Troy Duffy.

http://threemileisland.forumotion.org/

http://enfiladedefilade.blogspot.com/

#27 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

I'M GOING TO GO SEE KNIGHT AND DAY TODAY AND I AM TOO EXCITED TO NOT TALK IN CAPS AND USE PUNCTUATION.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#28 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:06 PM

Last movie I watched was The Punisher with Thomas Jane, because of the discussion that Werewolf and I had in the favorite actors topic. This time I sort of saw some of the reasons that people might dislike the movie, but I still really enjoyed it. It's corny and unbelievable at times, but it's based off of a comic book. A Marvel comic book. No need for believability.

tumblr_mv5348v8GT1qghl49o1_500.gif

#29 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:45 PM

Saw Toy Story 3 yesterday. Oh my great God. That was awesome. If you refuse to see it, you have no soul and shouldn't have been allowed to watch the other two. :mellow:

#30 Fate

Fate

• Nova Patron
  • 697 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:35 PM

If you want to understand why the second is so bad, you should watch Overnight. Documentary about the rise and fall of Troy Duffy.

Truth. I was sort of indifferent about the first one until I realized what a jerk Duffy was.

Edited by Fate, 28 June 2010 - 05:32 AM.

#31 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:17 AM

Just got back from Knight and Day - it was brilliantly awesome. :D And guess what!? It had a premiere trailer for Red before it (in case you don't know what that is, it's a new Bruce Willis movie and it looks like fun)! My summer = made.

Honestly, if you like fun action movies, go see it. It's funny, it's entertaining, it's - it's just plain awesome.

Now I think I might go see Prince of Persia again, if I can, since this is its last day in our local theater (yeah, our theater sucks). :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#32 Joker

Joker

=333

• Nova Patron
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:22 AM

Toy Story 3 like an hour ago. It was amazing, Pixar just keeps it up.

#33 1-800-786-1410

1-800-786-1410

1-800-786-1410

• Nova Patron
  • 10,737 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:40 AM

Just got back from Knight and Day - it was brilliantly awesome.

You know what the best part is? Just from the trailer it looks amazing. It's not hiding anything: it's an action movie, with Tom Cruise doing what he does best; Look good on a motorcycle. :P

giphy.gif

#34 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:38 PM

You know what the best part is? Just from the trailer it looks amazing. It's not hiding anything: it's an action movie, with Tom Cruise doing what he does best; Look good on a motorcycle. :P

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the trailer. It looks like a shameless action flick through and through, and that's awesome.

Just watched The Breakfast Club. Yeah.

tumblr_mv5348v8GT1qghl49o1_500.gif

#35 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,003 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

Watched Toy Story 3. *Sniff* I swear, that's just something in my eye.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#36 Nemesis

Nemesis

It's a mumorpuger!

• 825 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:57 PM

The Italian Job, 1969.

Brilliant, especially when you consider that it's forty years old. Way better than the new one.

And it's also the only film that I don't mind being left on a cliffhanger...
Posted Image
...literally.
...I really need to think up something witty to put here.

#37 Dan FromtheGrave

Dan FromtheGrave

Yo dawg, I herd you like creepers...

• Banned
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

Toy Story 3. I almost cried, which is saying a lot for a children's movie. You know a movie is great when it is rated G and yet adults will go to it without any kids...

#38 Fate

Fate

• Nova Patron
  • 697 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

Anyways, I saw Toy Story 3 last night. Absolutely amazing.

Toy Story 3. Great movie. Epic.

saw Toy Story 3 today, amazing movie

Toy Story 3, it was really great movie, just as good as the other 2 IMO.

*Toy Story 3 poster*

Saw Toy Story 3 yesterday.

Toy Story 3 like an hour ago.

Watched Toy Story 3. ye.

Toy Story 3.

Deftly blending comedy, adventure, and honest emotion, Toy Story 3 is a rare second sequel that really works. 98%

:shock:

I need to see this movie. I wish it wasn't 3D, because it's either

A ) Annoying
B ) Completely unnecessary
C ) Both.

It seems so gimmicky. But, since it is Toy Story 3D, I suppose I ought to watch it in 3D.

As for the last one I watched,

Spoiler

Force of Evil. Excellent movie, great performances. It's a superb noir. I used that poster because it's cooler than anything in English.

Edited by Fate, 24 June 2010 - 12:43 AM.

#39 The Railway Man

The Railway Man

To lack charity is to wound the pupil in God's eye.

• 221 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:15 AM

Going through a Batman phase, so I've been watching the first two films from the 80's and 90's (I dare not go further in TAHT series) and I watched the Dark Knight last night.
The above statement is a lie.

HELP THE FLEAS!

"DEMOCRACY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE." - Liberty Prime

#40 Phaedrus

Phaedrus

find inner soul

• 3,844 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:34 AM

Just watched the Transformers G1 Movie for nostalgia's sake, plus due to WFC I've been in the mood lately. :P Great movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users