Marvel / DC

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#41 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,289 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

My only real complaint was how they built up this relationship between Cap and Black Widow but it went nowhere at the end, and she just wandered off. I'm guessing because she's not Cap's "canon" love interest so they just have to forcibly insert some boring girl from the comics like this random blonde agent they introduced? Because that's just dumb and feels really forced, much like Black Widow's matchmaking jokes were feeling by the end of the movie.

I don't think they were trying to set those two up; Cap and Scarlett have more of a brother/sisterly thing going on. Black Widow's got googly-eyes for Hawkeye, God knows why  :rolleyes:

If you want to talk about who should be with who, though, perhaps I could interest you in my Thor/Darcy fanfic?  :P

#42 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,967 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

Black Widow's got googly-eyes for Hawkeye, God knows why  :rolleyes:

Uggghhh  :queasy: 

I hate to sound like I'm shipping or whatever but man the romance subplots in these movies all suck, except maybe Iron Man's. Cap and Black Widow can't get together because they're predestined for boring, uglier love interests, and I can't even remember the name of Natalie Portman's character in Thor. But I can remember Darcy, because she has a personality, even if it's just comic relief. So yeah, I'd read your fanfic, Ocelot.  :P of course I'll read anything you post anyway

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#43 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

boring girl from the comics like this random blonde agent they introduced?

Mmkay so I've been trying to avoid this topic since I won't be able to see for a bit but they introduce a boring blonde agent? Did she have a name? was she the blonde waitress from avengers? because if her name was Sharon Carter, then I'm totally fine with her introduction, because that means they're doing what I've been hoping/thinking they're doing. Tbh if it is Sharon Carter she was actually pretty drull in the comics but Cap gets with her cause of reasons

mudkip.png

#44 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Well, I'm not afraid to sound like I'm shipping. I wanted to see Cap and Black Widow kiss in the end, man. Passionately. :P That was my biggest complaint about the whole thing.

Hawkeye should die in the next Avengers movie. It'd solve so many problems, including Jeremy Renner taking up screentime that could be used by beautiful people.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#45 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,967 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:31 PM

Mmkay so I've been trying to avoid this topic since I won't be able to see for a bit but they introduce a boring blonde agent? Did she have a name? was she the blonde waitress from avengers? because if her name was Sharon Carter, then I'm totally fine with her introduction, because that means they're doing what I've been hoping/thinking they're doing. Tbh if it is Sharon Carter she was actually pretty drull in the comics but Cap gets with her cause of reasons

I guess I should spoiler the answer to your question, so read at your own risk:

Spoiler

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#46 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 11:29 PM

What did Jeremy Renner ever do to you guys? Sheesh.

#47 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:08 AM

This is rather off-topic, but on-discussion so I'm going to say it anyway: I may not like comic!Hawkeye, but movie!Hawkeye needs more time to shine. Seriously, he's been in two movies so far (that I've seen, but I assume he's not in Thor 2 which I so need to RedBox) and they were: A; him reaching for his bow, drawing his bow, then Coulson going "it's all good man" and him being all "well, so much for my cameo", and B; him spending two-thirds of the movie brainwashed by Tom Hiddleston (but really, who wouldn't be?) and only snapping out of it in time for EXTREME ACTION SEQUENCE OF DOOMY DOOM! Don't get me wrong, he's done great with what he's been given so far, but I don't think the guy has any character development in the movies outside of "I need a distraction and an eyeball" and being the guy with the bow and arrow who knows Black Widow. Well, that and basically being a less pretty-boy Legolas. That ain't much.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#48 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:46 AM

Welp, that's it. Each Marvel movie consistently does better than the last (barring Iron Man, which always does ridiculously well and Iron Man 3 was the only one to come close to touching the mountains of money made by The Avengers).

Captain America: The Winter Soldier just broke the April box office record with a pretty crazy opening weekend, and now it's made $303 million worldwide already. Pretty darn awesome.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#49 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,289 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:50 AM

What did Jeremy Renner ever do to you guys? Sheesh.

"This is Captain America to all Avengers: status report!"

"Tony here. What's our killcount, Jarvis? Uh huh? Wow, really? Jarvis says a lot"

"This is Black Widow, situation under control"

"RAAAAARGH! HULK NOT LIKE PUNY SPACE MONSTERS!"

"Mine arms, like twin trunks of the mighty Yggdrasil, verily shalt they smite-"

"Copy, Thor. What about you, Hawkeye? ...Hawkeye?"

"I fell down and my bow snapped"

"...Again? Why did we let this guy on the team again?"

Spoiler

#50 Spark

Spark

"I think we're just getting started..."

• Nova Member
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

All I can imagine right now is Jeremy Renner silently watching this topic and proclaiming "Just you wait, guys. I'm gonna kick ass in Age of Ultr- *ring* Hello? What do you mean I've been cut from the movie!?"

I kid, I kid. I really do love Hawkeye and Jeremy Renner. Avengers ignited my increased emphasis on archery in games.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to Steam

Halo Infinite  - Holiday 2020 (PC/Xbox One/Xbox Scarlett)

"The Reclamation has begun...and we are powerless to stop it."

-Shadow-of-Sundered-Star "The Didact" (Halo 4, 2012)

#51 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,967 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

I've got nothing personal against Jeremy Renner, but let's face it - he can't hold a candle to the two Chris dudes (Evans and Hemsworth). Also he talks like he's got something in his mouth. But why are we still talking about him? He's not even in this movie. :P

Something else I liked in this movie, which I forgot to mention: the Winter Soldier used my favorite submachine gun.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#52 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

You think we can revive the topic for Agents of SHIELD thanks to this movie giving the series a very much needed boost? I mean, because seriously:

Spoiler
[/Agents of SHIELD post-Cap 2 megaspoilers]

So yeah, obviously by now, I finally got to see the movie today.  Squee levels were at maximum capacity when

Spoiler

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#53 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

Went to the theaters last night, 'cause my theater has this cool program where all normal showing of movies (No 3D or D-Box seats) are only five bucks. So since I'm always low on cash, I love Five dollar Tuesdays. Anyway, I got delayed by some unforeseen circumstances and got late start, so when I got there the 7-o'clock showing was sold out. I ended up just getting a ticket to the 8-o'clock showing, and just sat in my theater chair for an hour. Guh, time seemed to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag on. The whole time I was just getting more and more excited for this thing to start. Finally the screen extended and they began to play some trailers - Maleficent, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Lucy. The first two, I'm so down for, and Lucy looks interesting, if just through the entire trailer I didn't mind Scarlett Johansson one single bit. Which new for me, because generally she bugs me - even if I have no plausible reason for my dislike of her. Maybe it's just that she has a romance subplot with "Melty-Face" in the Marvel movies. (I know, I'm shallow.) Well, when those trailers ended I settled down for the movie I've been waiting to see since I heard rumors of its production. I know you hoped I was done rambling but I'm not quite. :P I've never been one for comic books, probably because I never have money to spend on them to keep current, but I did happen to pick up a rather thick book at my local library that compiled a huge chunk of the Winter Soldier comics. I fell in love pretty much instantly. I've always loved Cold War era espionage tales, and the Winter Soldier comics had everything I could want, conspiracy, not knowing who to trust, black ops, brain washing, and augmentations - Everything. So once I heard about this movie, I was excited as all get out. Flash forward back to me in my theater seat, sporting a Captain America shirt reveling in the darkened theater as the movie began to roll.

Non-spoiler version of my though on the movie -

It exceeded all my expectations. It was positively fantabulous in every sense of the word.

Spoiler version -

Spoiler

So in closing, go see this movie. It's great.

emily-blunt.gif

#54 Spark

Spark

• Nova Member
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

So, who wants to go back through every single MCU movie and try to find hints and foreshadowing about what this movie lead to?

I figured several out, but someone pointed out to me in Iron Man 2 that

Spoiler

EDIT: Also, what do you guys think about

Spoiler
I mean, yeah, there were a LOT more reasons behind his actions in that movie, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Your Resident Halo Nerd

The New Halo Thread

#55 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:04 PM

Spoiler

#56 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

Spoiler

#57 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#58 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#59 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,289 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

Spoiler

Y'know, I think this movie might be the most perfect depiction of a comic book character I've ever seen. Or at least that I can think of right now. Or at least the most perfect depiction of one of my favourite characters. Shut up, I just want to talk about how cool the fight scenes were again. Movie Batman, for example, has always been a chump compared to comic/cartoon Batman. Even in the Nolan movies he just slowly punches guys because he obviously can't lift his legs or move very fast in a huge rubber suit. He has to slather on mascara so you don't see the skin around his eyes through the eyeholes of his cowl. And he never even throws a Batarang at a really powerful guy, only to have the guy catch it and smirk like 'psh, whatevs, human', and then the Batarang blows up right in his face. Hawkeye stole that trick in Avengers, and when Hawkeye is one-upping you you know you're doing something wrong.

Cap, on the other hand, is just as Cap on film as he is in every other flavour. He throws the shield and catches it again, he punches guys so hard they go flying, he does sweet high kicks because he has a well-designed costume that allows freedom of movement, and he's just an all-around swell guy. There's this bit in Avengers when he first meets Bruce Banner on the Helicarrier, and Cap just comes off so nice. Cap says something like he's heard that Banner can help them find the Tesseract, and Banner says "Is that the only word about me", and Cap replies, "Only word I care about". Banner's momentarily taken aback at someone being so polite to him, and Cap just stands there, smiling warmly, hand proffered for what would no doubt be the most welcoming handshake you'd ever experience. It's just the sweetest, most earnest thing. It honestly might be my favourite Cap moment in all the movies.

Cap's the best, you guys. And, y'know what? It's about time I faced the facts. Chris Evans? My number one mancrush. Chris Hems-who?

Spoiler

#60 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

Trying to change my avatar like Wolfie has but I can't figure out how to get both of his ridiculous shoulders in frame :P

It's a job, dude. I had to just go ahead and deck out my whole profile in Cap stuff after I learned he becomes a werewolf in ye olde comics... :P

Try this one. Might be a good one for an av, cropped down. :P

And yes, Cap is my favorite Avenger now. Sorry, Thor. You're still awesome, bro. But... jeez. I just hope Chris Evans's career doesn't tank now that I'm hopelessly infatuated with him. I seem to have the kiss of death. It's an in-joke in this household.

For anyone as interested in b-rolls as I am, there are lots of b-rolls of this movie on YouTube. They're fun to watch. Just wish they were less chopped up. But there are some cool clips of some of the Cap vs. Winter Soldier fights that are really nice.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users