Marvel / DC

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

I didn't know what to expect until the trailer.

Now I really want to see it.

#2 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

Huh, it's interesting to see how Nick Fury and Black Widow played prominent roles in Iron Man 2, and then all the superhero worlds collided in the Avengers, and now those characters have been somewhat co-opted by Captain America. I wasn't expecting any of those guys to be in this movie, but with Scar Jo on the payroll this couldn't possible be worse than the first one, right?

Posted Image

#3 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

^_^ 

I unliked it a few times to re-like it on facebook when a friend posted it. I may or may not have gotten a warning that I could be banned from using the feature 'cause I didn't seem to be using it correctly >_>

Dat Cap ^_^

Dat Falcon ^_^ 

Dat Winter Soldier  >:(  (Show his dang face already, we all know who he is!)

Also, I take it they like giving Scarlett a new hairdo for every movie?

I am seriously ready for some more good 'ol Cap. Avengers was a great movie and all, but I didn't really like him in it a ton. I don't want to waaaaaaaaaait :( :P

#4 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Dat Falcon ^_^

9428-2400-10402-1-captain-america_super.

Falcon's changed.

...a lot. 

But hey, I'm not complaining. Both the actor and that techno suit he's wearing look good. *shrug*

Cap's suit looks better than the Avengers one, though I'll have to see it on the silver screen before I say it's better than his suit in "the First Avenger."

Anyway, looking forward to it. Cap is one of my favorite heroes, so I hope it turns out good. :D

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#5 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

Honestly, I've been waiting for this movie, simply for the Winter Soldier. I loved that story arc, I mean, brainwashed by Russians and given a bionic arm. YUS!

I pretty much flailed my way through the trailer, because the Winter Soldier is awesome. I honestly like him better than Cap'.

Although pretty much everything Cap' said in the trailer was boss. Like that line in the elevator - "Before we get started. Does anyone want to get out?" Or "This isn't freedom. This is fear." And Chris Evans delivers them really well.

Not to mention that fight sequence with Cap' and WS! Looks way cool!

He also breaks out the original suit. I guess he's going rogue.

So yeah. I'll see this in theaters. Oh, and that leather jacket that Cap' wears. :wub:

emily-blunt.gif

#6 Semiautomagic

Semiautomagic

Truth is singular, its "versions" are mistruths.

• 609 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

Oh, man, that was a great trailer. No disrespect to Thor but I'm looking forward to this one much more than Dark World and to be perfectly honest I didn't like The First Avenger at all the first time I saw it. Second time around it grew on me, Chris Evans and Hugo Weaving are awesome. Speaking of, anyone else think that guy talking to Cap that isn't Nick Fury is just going to pull his face off at the end and be Red Skull? I know that's a bold assumption but I'm calling it now. Winter Soldier is a great villain/antihero/herohero/whatevs and perfect for an action movie. Looks like they're doing him right, in that he's scary and hyper competent. We need a bad guy to take seriously after the Loki debacle. I know its been a year but still. Falcon's looking good so far, I really hope it works out. Now all we need is a Black Panther movie. I can't be the only guy who thinks it's weird there are no black superheroes in film, right?

And it looks like the helicarrier is going to crash. What a new and exciting turn of events for Marvel. I can't wait to see the tension and adversity that develops. They can't just make another one in time for the next thing, right? Okay, enough terrible sarcasm. Is it just a rule that the helicarrier has to crash? All new writers at Marvel have to pen at least one storyline in which it crashes or they're fired? Something like that?

robin-car-dance-o.gif
Semiautomagical Writings:

Don't Bring Grenades to School

#7 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

I can't be the only guy who thinks it's weird there are no black superheroes in film, right?

iron-man-2-war-machine-jim-rhodes-rhodey

And I don't know why, but I'm getting a feeling that we are going on the way to Civil War ...

#8 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

I think were going the way of the age of ultron before we get civil war, mostly because a number x-men played important parts in civil war

mudkip.png

#9 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,203 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

As did Spider-Man.

Both of whom are owned by different companies at the moment.

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#10 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

I saw the trailer yesterday in my Pro Audio class.

Not impressed. >:I But, I'll be honest, I did get a Civil War vibe with the trailer, which confused me because I thought they were going for Avengers 2? I'm confused now on what they're gonna pull out for Avengers 2 aside from Ultron and Thanos... unless... jeez. Now my brain hurts. :(

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#11 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

I saw the trailer yesterday in my Pro Audio class.

Not impressed. >:I But, I'll be honest, I did get a Civil War vibe with the trailer, which confused me because I thought they were going for Avengers 2? I'm confused now on what they're gonna pull out for Avengers 2 aside from Ultron and Thanos... unless... jeez. Now my brain hurts. :(

There has been talks for Planet Hulk ...

#12 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

Planet Hulk would actually be kinda awesome, now that I think about it. :P

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#13 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,291 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

POPULAR

This seems like a return to form for the Marvel movies, which is to say 'not really that great but delightfully expensive-looking and totally watchable'. That bit where they're shooting at Mask Guy and he jumps off the thing backwards and then sprouts wings and flies off and they pull a sweet upside-down Immelman to chase him under the bridge whoosit is awesome, and then that brief snippet of him fighting Cap and he pulls that sneaky knife trick is pretty great, too. I love sneaky knife tricks in movies. When the bad guy does the big Psycho overhand stab at the good guy, and the good guy blocks it, so the bad guy drops the knife into his other hand to slice at the good guy's belly? Umf, so good.

I'm really not crazy on the idea of them trying to shoehorn social commentary of modern day America into their superhero movie. "I thought you were innocent until proven guilty, maaaaan. I thought this was America. The Constitution. Don't tread on me OOH RAH!" Yugh, spare me. Just throw the shield, monkey.

Also, Scarlett? ...Eh. The Avengers kind of spoiled her for me. She's unspeakably gorgeous, but the girl just can't talk. Those dreamy lips of hers aren't any good for elocution. That part where you're supposed to believe she's outsmarting Loki by mushmouthing her way through that 'red on my ledger' speech is cringeworthy, and now she's doing even more talking in this movie. I'm disgusted with myself for saying this, because "shut up and be pretty" is the most repulsively misogynistic thing to say, but she can't make words properly! If you walked into a job interview in the real world and spoke like that they'd just kick you out of the building on the spot. 

That new haircut's rubbish, too, just like the one she had in Avengers. Curly-haired Scarlett in Iron Man 2 is the best Scarlett. Bonus points because she barely spoke in that movie GOD I'M DISGUSTING.

#14 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:47 PM

The guy sprouting wings isn't the same guy fighting Cap... you do realize that, right? Especially since the winged guy is the Falcon. And black. And the other guy is the Winter Soldier. And not black. (Though he is dressed in black, I'll give you.)

#15 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,203 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:51 AM

Nope, Whedon shot those down pretty quick.

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#16 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,291 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

New trailer!

I take it all back, this looks awesome. Seriously, that bit where everyone was doing super sweet flips and stuff? Y'know, the entire trailer? Yespls.

Also, I'm glad that Cap's back to looking super swoll. His Avengers outfit made him look so skinny, I found it really distracting. I think it was the giant helmet making the rest of his body look small by comparison. Lookit:

avengerscap2.jpg

You know Chris Evans puts in the work in the gym, but some costume designer ruined it all by giving him a gigantic melon for a head.

#17 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

That trailer was soo much better than the Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer. I'm quite excited for this. Cap, Falcon, and Black Widow working together against what looks like everyone else? Nice.

Edited by Ouflah, 03 February 2014 - 02:53 PM.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#18 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

If Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 appeared to be pretty serious but turned quickly into action-comedy, I do hope this one is truly darker and serious. Not because the others were bad, but because I can't see Cap being all funny and light. Also there's a lot of things here going straight to Avengers 2, better not take chance.

#19 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,203 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:17 AM

Cap and Widow are at a table with some body under a sheet and I can't for the life of me figure out who it could be.

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#20 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

Cap and Widow are at a table with some body under a sheet and I can't for the life of me figure out who it could be.

I've got three theories:

1. Nick Fury

2. Falcon

3. Winter Soldier (disabled or something for infiltration? Just an idea)

And I really hope it's not Fury or Falcon. Anyway, Samuel L. Jackson has signed for what, 9 movies ? So lots of chance it's Falcon... :/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users