Photo

Amazing Spider-Man 2: Will they EVER stop releasing trailers?

Marvel / DC

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#21 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Member
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:40 AM

Heck yeah. I loved Andrew Garfield Spider-Man. He was perfect for the moves, quips, webshooter... pretty much everything.
For Peter Parker, on the other hand...
*ahem* *cough* not Peter *cough cough*

He played the perfect awkward yet not disturbingly creepy teenager that Macguire never seemed to grab on to. Of the two Parker's I have to say he handled the general psyche of the comic book character a lot better. Peter has the worst luck and probably some of the most horrible things happen to him in the comic-verse to the point where he almost remains a troubled teenager in a man's body his whole life. I feel like Andrew got that across perfectly and dare I say it... he was all around the Superior Spider-Man.

#22 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

I just feel Maguire pulled off the Peter in the first comic pretty well...

"Look, there's a great new exhibit at the science hall tonight!"
"Some day I'll show them! -sob-"

Tobey was the awkward non-social total nerd from the comics that everybody knew and loved!

EDIT: But then again, there are other ones later on where he's even friends with Flash, and reasonably popular. So I guess it all depends what you like... I like the introvert nerd better.

Edited by Ouflah, 02 April 2013 - 08:57 AM.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#23 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hey. I should post in here.

1. I hate the Raimi movies.
2. Amazing Spider-man was one of the best movies ever.

And I should probably expound... :P

I love Spider-man... obviously... So I loved the Raimi movies, naturally. Until the third one. Amazing how a singular scene can ruin three whole movies for you.

Posted Image

Oh. Right. That would do it. >_< And now I've completely lost any train of thought I had before.

Anyways, Tobey = bad. Andrew = good. I'm tired. I'm out. Maybe you'll get a coherent piece of my mind later.

#24 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:31 PM

Edited for realized stupidity. :P Yeah, that dance is kinda out of place in the Rami movies.

Edited by Ouflah, 22 April 2013 - 05:42 AM.

gTAoKX.gif

#25 Guest_Jethro Turtle_*

Guest_Jethro Turtle_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

#26 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Member
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

I love how that song was made for the original movie, so it didn't match up very well. On an unrelated note, I'm going to buy this movie on Bluray and watch it with all the bonus footage.

#27 DeadFire87

DeadFire87

Game Intel Master

• 1,129 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

Blue Electro? Hmm.... Not so sure about this.

Next Batch of consoles..... Or well the rumors.

PS5 - 8 Cores Zen 2 - RAM - 16+ GB -  GPU - 9.2 Tflops somehow equal to 14.x Tflops on GCN? FEB 2020 reveal?

XB4 - 8 Cores Zen 2 - RAM - 16+ GB - GPU - 8 Tflops? Equal to some other number like 13 on GCN? JUNE 2020

Switch 2/ Switch Go? - Even more Portable Switch. Rumor of a better SoC that is cooler and faster maybe more powerful. Extra Mario Mushrooms. 

#28 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,295 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:30 AM

Ice to see you, Electro.

You never know, it might just be some kind of specially-formulated, easily-picked-up-on-camera goop that they're going to layer CGI effects on top of. I'd wait for a trailer to see what the finished product looks like.

#29 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

So I learned that they are filming part of Spider Man 2 in my town. It's pretty cool, because they're setting up around main street right now. I might go down with my dad to check it out later. I'll post pictures if we end up going.

What a garbage show for trash people. Thanks I hate it. Life sucks. What's the point of anything? How many hours of my life have I spent on this sunk cost fallacy of a show?

#30 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

O_O

Not that I like Spider-man, but that'd be my dream movie to watch people film... Just saying.

Now to continue a bit on the subject of my previous post, Tobey vs Andrew.

Tobey Pros:

• Played Spider-man well
  • Some good supporting characters (Harry, Octavius, JJJ)

Cons:

• Dare I say too nerdy? I think it was mostly how he dressed and carried himself
  • Pete was too old, didn't focus enough on his high school experience
  • Whiney

Andrew Pros:

• Good level of nerdiness- still super-smart, still awkward, but he dressed and acted relatively normally
  • Played Spider-man well
  • Some good supporting characters (Gwen, Uncle Ben, Captain Stacey)
  • Pete was still in the middle of high school
  • Not whiney
  • More backstory! Mystery!

Cons:

• First villain was kindof meh (Not that all of Tobey's were amazing, so this hardly qualifies seeing as Andrew's only had one chance so far- just felt the need for at least one con)

Really, I just never pictured Peter Parker looking the part of the awkward nerd, and Andrew just seemed a much better fit to me. I always thought Pete was cool too, not just Spidey, and it's quite possible to be a nerd and be cool. I feel like they found a great balance with Andrew.

#31 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,295 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

So I learned that they are filming part of Spider Man 2 in my town. It's pretty cool, because they're setting up around main street right now. I might go down with my dad to check it out later. I'll post pictures if we end up going.

TELL EMMA STONE I LOVE HER!

..is what I'd say if I were a weird stalker or something... hah, imagine that.

Spoiler

#32 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

TELL EMMA STONE I LOVE HER!

..is what I'd say if I were a weird stalker or something... hah, imagine that.

Spoiler

All we saw was a stunt man jumping on a car in a very spider-man-y way. Looked a bit like Andy G., but it wasn't him upon closer inspection. Pictures (and a 10 second video) will come later.

And believe me, if I saw Emma Stone, I would have totally fainted.

What a garbage show for trash people. Thanks I hate it. Life sucks. What's the point of anything? How many hours of my life have I spent on this sunk cost fallacy of a show?

#33 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

If anyone here has been waiting for the good old costume: something resembling loosely this, or this... 

I have glad tidings. 

This. Costume. Rocks.

Parker has certainly improved his wardrobe a heck of a lot since the last movie.

gTAoKX.gif

#34 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

While the classic red/blue costume is great, nothing can match the Noir suit.

#35 DeadFire87

DeadFire87

Game Intel Master

• 1,129 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

New Poster.

Spoiler

So Electro we know. Is this Mech Rhino and Green Goblin? I am confused. Maybe the new trailer coming tomorrow will tell us something.

Next Batch of consoles..... Or well the rumors.

PS5 - 8 Cores Zen 2 - RAM - 16+ GB -  GPU - 9.2 Tflops somehow equal to 14.x Tflops on GCN? FEB 2020 reveal?

XB4 - 8 Cores Zen 2 - RAM - 16+ GB - GPU - 8 Tflops? Equal to some other number like 13 on GCN? JUNE 2020

Switch 2/ Switch Go? - Even more Portable Switch. Rumor of a better SoC that is cooler and faster maybe more powerful. Extra Mario Mushrooms. 

#36 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,295 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

LOL MOAR LIEK JAMIE SHOXX, MIRITE?

I don't know, y'know? I mean, the obvious thing is that Spider-Man 3 also had three main villains and it was a great big pile of garbage, but I don't think those two things are necessarily related. It was awful and had lots of villains, not necessarily awful because it had lots of villains. Stuff like the symbiote just randomly falling from space right on top of Peter, and then just happening to drip all over Eddie Brock later on were some pretty serious contrivances for the plot, not to mention them retconning Sandman all the way back into the first movie. Oh, and that scene didn't help, either. Also, remember when Spidey bangs a bunch of poles together to kill Venom? About the only good thing that came out of that trainwreck was the James Franco SoGood.gif.

And then, on the other hand, I thought the first Amazing Spider-Man was pretty rotten and that only had one villain. And Iron Man 2 has villains and heel turns and useless plot threads coming out its ears, and that movie's still glorious, so whatevs. I hereby posit that 'Number of Villains' is unrelated to overall quality of a superhero movie. 

By the way, I believe one Emma Stone is, in fact, in this movie, and I don't know if I've mentioned this before but she's the best thing in the entire world.

post-8536-Dont-let-me-become-a-gif-Emma-

#37 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

One of the biggest plot problem with Spider-Man 3 were the producers REQUESTING Venom to be included in the third, because Symbiote = Venom, not only black Spider-Man, Venom would have been kept for the fourth movie.

#38 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

Because I came to a realization concerning my rant on Tobey/Andrew: I really think part of it is the generation. Tobey was an appropriate nerd for the time, and Andrew is an appropriate nerd for this time. 'Cause really, nerds have become cool lately. (Depending on your definition of nerd. And cool.)

#39 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

Because I came to a realization concerning my rant on Tobey/Andrew: I really think part of it is the generation. Tobey was an appropriate nerd for the time, and Andrew is an appropriate nerd for this time. 'Cause really, nerds have become cool lately. (Depending on your definition of nerd. And cool.)

Yeah, you have a point on that one. I get that this is a more modern version of nerd Parker. Refer to previous posts as to why I like the awkwardness better.
Mech Rhino is cool. I never understood how the tough costume/armor shell of his worked in the comics, so this is a lot better.

Now if you excuse me, I have to watch Ocelot's gif for the next ten minutes.

Edited by Ouflah, 05 December 2013 - 12:25 PM.

gTAoKX.gif

#40 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

I'm calling it now: this movie's gon' be baaaaad. I still want to see the trailer, but c'mon. You got Jamie Foxx to play Electro. Can't we just focus on him and try to come out of this whole ordeal with one good villain to make up for the debacle that was the Lizard? Adding Mecha Rhino isn't so bad on its own (it seems kind of hokey to me, but then again the Marvel movies have abandoned all pretense of being even remotely consistent in tone, so it's not a huge departure), but if that third guy is Green/Hob Goblin...I think we're going to have trouble.

Then again at least it's not an origin story so there's that.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users