Photo

Amazing Spider-Man 2: Will they EVER stop releasing trailers?

Marvel / DC

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#1 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

MV5BMjE0MDAwNTUzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQ4

That's right, people, Spidey is coming back! This should be awesome.

While it'll be released in 2014, there's still a lot to talk about! Mary Jane, Rhino, Electro, Osborn, and, most important of all, that super awesome costume.

Anyway, discuss. :D

Edited by Saber-Scorpion, 10 March 2014 - 02:04 PM.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#2 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

Well they already used up all of their unoriginality stores on the first movie, so this one must be at least decent. I mean, Jamie Foxx as Electro? Mary Jane's in it? It can't possibly be bad!

...right?

Posted Image

#3 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

Hmmm... well, maybe as long as we don't get Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane things will be even better.

Because the characters they got lined up (allegedly) for this new movie sound fantastic! Sam Raimi wanted to put Mysterio in his movies, but didn't get a chance to do that, so instead we got Thomas Haden Church as Sandman and Eric Foreman as Venom. :I

I understand the qualms you have, Muffo.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#4 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hmmm... well, maybe as long as we don't get Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane things will be even better.

I found nothing wrong about Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane; she had great performances in the McGuire Spider-Man movies. Ahead of her were J.K Simmons as Jameson and Alfred Molina as Octavius.

Speaking of J.K Simmons, I heard that he was interested in returning to the franchise as good 'ol J. Jonah Jameson. I really hope he does; he totally hit home with his previous performances.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#5 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,290 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

I was sort of excited about that first one, but it wasn't any good at all. It lived in this weird place where it expected you to know why Spider-Man can stick to walls and kung fu people (seriously, he just wakes up and starts kung fuing dudes from the ceiling immediately after the spider bite), but still felt the need to reboot the whole universe and tell the origin story all over again. Nobody need to see it again, and it felt like the filmmakers didn't want to do it either, so their compromise was to do a crappy half-job of it. Also why did Spidey have to climb up buildings and get all the crane drivers in New York to help him when he got shot in the leg? The stupidity of that scene still blows my mind. His leg!

At this point, my interest in this series begins and ends with Emma Stone, and if Mary Jane has already arrived then I'm guessing that means that ol' Gwen Stacy's days are numbered.

#6 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

To be honest, I'm most excited for his costume. Not to seem super picky, but I am, so...

First of all, it was way too complicated for him to make. Anyway, they're not fixing that in this movie, but they never fix it, so whatever.

Next, they actually dared to make his lenses yellow. Why? And although the eyes' shapes weren't too bad, I'm glad they're becoming more Spidey-like.

Alright, and who chose the webbing design? That is not even webbing, and I will no longer dignify it by calling it that. It is a grid. Why did Peter make a grid on his outfit? Because he wanted to make it less spider-like and insanely complicated for absolutely no reason.

The thing that redeems it all: webshooters. I seem to have the idea that having mechanical webshooters is super awesome, and will always think so until the day I die. THE. END.

This has been Ouflah's small unimportant rant, you may resume your lives now.

Edited by Ouflah, 26 March 2013 - 01:56 PM.

gTAoKX.gif

#7 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

I found nothing wrong about Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane; she had great performances in the McGuire Spider-Man movies. Ahead of her were J.K Simmons as Jameson and Alfred Molina as Octavius.

Speaking of J.K Simmons, I heard that he was interested in returning to the franchise as good 'ol J. Jonah Jameson. I really hope he does; he totally hit home with his previous performances.

The problem with the Raimi movies is that none of the characters were particularly interesting. I don't recall a single time that I ever cared about Peter Parker's problems.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#8 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

I was sort of excited about that first one, but it wasn't any good at all. It lived in this weird place where it expected you to know why Spider-Man can stick to walls and kung fu people (seriously, he just wakes up and starts kung fuing dudes from the ceiling immediately after the spider bite), but still felt the need to reboot the whole universe and tell the origin story all over again. Nobody need to see it again, and it felt like the filmmakers didn't want to do it either, so their compromise was to do a crappy half-job of it. Also why did Spidey have to climb up buildings and get all the crane drivers in New York to help him when he got shot in the leg? The stupidity of that scene still blows my mind. His leg!

At this point, my interest in this series begins and ends with Emma Stone, and if Mary Jane has already arrived then I'm guessing that means that ol' Gwen Stacy's days are numbered.

I dunno, I enjoyed it. :P I dunno if it ever explains in the comics how Spidey can stick to walls or kung fu. I honestly have no idea how Spidey learned kung fu in the McGuire movie either, so by that logic both movies are not very good.

And honestly, I like Emma Stone too. A lot. She's the lock-screen on my iPhone. :P And I'd hate to see her go after her living through the entirety of this movie. Her potentially dying prolly wouldn't be so bad if she died instead of Dennis "I'm an a-hole" Leary. Just saiyan. :P

tqtEf64.gif

#9 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,290 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

I dunno, I enjoyed it. :P I dunno if it ever explains in the comics how Spidey can stick to walls or kung fu. I honestly have no idea how Spidey learned kung fu in the McGuire movie either, so by that logic both movies are not very good.

The first one had that closeup of the little spiky things that come out of his finger tips, and it at least devoted some time to showing his spider senses and learning to fight against Bonesaw. In the new one he just has perfect Capoeira form for no discernible reason :P

The problem with the Raimi movies is that none of the characters were particularly interesting. I don't recall a single time that I ever cared about Peter Parker's problems.

The new one was definitely better about that. Sam Raimi's great at a lot of things, but character development ain't one of them. I felt like Spidey's relationships with Uncle Ben and Emma Stone were actually really well done in the new one, but unfortunately that all disappeared from the movie about halfway through when Spidey had to fight the stupid CGI lizard man who... wanted to make everyone lizards? That was weird.

#10 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

The first one had that closeup of the little spiky things that come out of his finger tips, and it at least devoted some time to showing his spider senses and learning to fight against Bonesaw. In the new one he just has perfect Capoeira form for no discernible reason :P

That I knew, and I assumed the same about the wall crawling in the new movie. I mean spiders crawl on walls & stuff, that's a given considering his name. Also, the Bonsaw fight... eh... I'm on the fence about that to be perfectly honest. He just moved really quick and honed the Spidey-senses more.

*shrug*

I enjoyed both movies.

tqtEf64.gif

#11 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Agreed with two exceptions: Otto Octavius and J. Jonah Jameson. The first had a rather large part, being the main baddie, and I honestly loved the way he was portrayed in the movie as well as his character. The latter, however, was a minor role, but he was a good character. I do agree that I didn't feel much connection to Raimi's Pete the last time I watched it (which was pretty recently), with one or two exceptions throughout the films.

Also why did Spidey have to climb up buildings and get all the crane drivers in New York to help him when he got shot in the leg? The stupidity of that scene still blows my mind. His leg!

I think it could be justified saying it was more of a straight shot to Oscorp Tower than having to swing across buildings, especially because his limited amount of time. I think the focus was more on showing how much impact he had on the common folk (or at least construction workers) that they weren't evacuating like all the other screaming civilians, but staying to help their Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. To create a more emotional rise or something like that.

On the reboot, I really did like it a lot. Spidey has always been one of my favorite Marvel superheroes, and I really like the way this movie went. Sure having a giant Lizard trying to turn everyone else into giant lizards is a bit ridiculous, but remember: it's a movie based off of a comic series. Comics can get pretty wacky, corny, and at some points you just facepalm, but you love 'em regardless. Or maybe it's just me.

One area in which I think the Raimi movies beat Webb's reboot was the score. I don't know if it's the nostalgia of seeing it when I was 5 and thinking it was the coolest thing ever, but every time I hear that score I just get pumped. Danny Elfman did a fantastic job, and made a really memorable sort of theme. I liked the reboot's score, but it just wasn't as memorable.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#12 Jlblue

Jlblue

So very blue

• 2,894 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

I'll admit there were some growing pains with Amazing Spider-Man, since it seemed like they weren't completely sure how to start over and do a new Spider-Man movie after they've already done three. But still, the dialogue and the acting was so much better. I feel like Andrew Garfield was a better Peter Parker across the board, dramatically and comedically. Honestly, was there ever a moment with Tobey Maguire as Spidey that was actually funny and witty, like Spider-Man is supposed to be? That was something that was completely absent from the Raimi ones. And of course Emma Stone is fantastic in everything.

Now that they have the origin story out of the way, I kinda think that the next few movies will be full-on awesome. But maybe that's just me.

Avatar courtesy of Harry Monster

#13 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

I cared much more for Doc Ock and Sandman than everybody else in the movie. Really.

#14 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'll admit there were some growing pains with Amazing Spider-Man, since it seemed like they weren't completely sure how to start over and do a new Spider-Man movie after they've already done three. But still, the dialogue and the acting was so much better. I feel like Andrew Garfield was a better Peter Parker across the board, dramatically and comedically. Honestly, was there ever a moment with Tobey Maguire as Spidey that was actually funny and witty, like Spider-Man is supposed to be? That was something that was completely absent from the Raimi ones. And of course Emma Stone is fantastic in everything.

Now that they have the origin story out of the way, I kinda think that the next few movies will be full-on awesome. But maybe that's just me.

Yeah, most of the problems I found with ASM was with the origin. I really missed having Spidey insulting the bad guys and making joke, because that is an essential part of Spider-Man.

Even so, the very first Spider-Man movie had a very nice feel to it, and left you feeling good.

Because, be honest, if you watched it today, you know you'd find at least those last lines awesome...

"Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words, 'With great power, comes great responsibility.' "
"This is my gift. My curse."
"Who am I?"

"I'm Spider-Man."

gTAoKX.gif

#15 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Member
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

I originally intended to go on a huge rant about how the first and third Raimi films were cringe inducing messes (though three had some really great moments) and how Spider-Man Two was outstanding, but I'm not going to because It's late and I guess I just don't have it in me to bash my favorite fictional character or anything involved with him. I loved The Amazing Spider-Man, despite its' flaws. The Lizard's CGI didn't bother me at all, and even though the end plot was kind of weird, it was still a super fun movie. Sure I didn't need the origin story again, but I do like where they're going with this whole mysterious disappearance of Pete's parents. It's hard to say that at least that isn't an original thought, and I hope they do something with that.

But enough about the first movie, I'm really excited for the next one. I feel like Andrew Garfield's portrayal of the Web Head was spot on in almost every way. He quipped, he genuinely made me laugh, and I even felt like he moved more like Spider-Man should and would. He was just so much more entertaining to watch and listen to, and I feel like his being a huge fan of Spidey helped with that.

Now on the subject of huge fans, Paul Giamatti is apparently a huge Rhino fan. Paul's a great actor, and don't get me wrong I really think he's talented but I hate his voice. I know that seems weird but It just drives me crazy. I'm hoping they make him do an accent or something for the role, and I really hope he doesn't look like this picture.

Posted Image

Jamie Foxx as Electro should be good, and Spider-Man's costume has never looked better. I really wish I had more to say but I'm just too tired and excited to really formulate my thoughts. Oh well.
OH also, Emma Stone is always amazing and she's Emma Stone. Am I saying Emma Stone too much? Emma Stone.

#16 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

I originally intended to go on a huge rant about how the first and third Raimi films were cringe inducing messes

Posted Image

I feel like Andrew Garfield's portrayal of the Web Head was spot on in almost every way. He quipped, he genuinely made me laugh, and I even felt like he moved more like Spider-Man should and would.

Heck yeah. I loved Andrew Garfield Spider-Man. He was perfect for the moves, quips, webshooter... pretty much everything.
For Peter Parker, on the other hand...
*ahem* *cough* not Peter *cough cough*

gTAoKX.gif

#17 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

Posted Image

They kind of were. William Defoe and JK Simmons were the only actors I could relate to. Which should say a lot for their co-stars.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#18 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

I didn't really like the third, but the first was good... :mellow:

Edited by Ouflah, 02 April 2013 - 01:26 AM.

gTAoKX.gif

#19 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

They kind of were. William Defoe and JK Simmons were the only actors I could relate to. Which should say a lot for their co-stars.

I'd add Doc Ock's and Sandman's actors to that... Really, they were good too, even though Ock was a bit different from the standard character, it was well done in the film.

#20 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:52 AM

Yeah I liked the first two movies Raimi movies a lot better than Amazing Spider-Man. Granted, Garfield probably makes a better Peter, but I definitely enjoyed the earlier movies overall more. I've seen 'em so many times that I don't even really get phased by Maguire. Anyway, no one's ever gonna top Simmons, Molina, or Dafoe in their respective roles, and I liked Thomas Haden Church as Sandman (That's not to say I liked the third movie much other than that.) The first movies also had a very nice enviromental style to them that I found preferable to Amazing's high-tech, very 21st century feel to it.

I don't feel like I'm making sense, but that's the best manifestation of my thoughts that I can conjure up.

As for this new movie, I'm not overly interested in it as a continuation of the original. I'm just pumped to see Rhino on the big screen.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users