• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 01:11 AM

Something I heard about a little while ago, and not having seen anything here I thought I'd post about the upcoming Trek movie that has me totally psyched.  The movie is about the "Four Years War" between the Klingons and Federation which was mentioned in TOS.  Here's the 20 minute "trailer" to show you just what the quality of work they're doing is:

Personally? This looks awesome to me. They've blended the newer JJ Trek into Enterprise and TOS wonderfully in the film's style, making what looks like a real-life war documentary while still keeping that Star Trek feel to it. I mean listen to Ramirez's speech!  I heard that and I immediately wanted show some Klingons that you DON'T mess with Starfleet.  Then there's the names involved: Tony Todd, JG Hertzler, Gary Graham, Kate Vernon, there are some really good veterans of not just Star Trek series, but also sci-fi in general. And to top it all off? This is NOT a Hollywood production. This is a crowdfunded, fan-made, independent movie.  There's still time to donate if you want, too. I know I will if I can get the spare cash.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#2 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

I'm not a Trekkie, but the whole idea of a crowd funded Star Trek epic is awesome (granted, I'm not a Trekkie because of the fact that I haven't taken the time to watch it, not because I dislike it. I love the JJ Treks).

Putting it in the style of a war documentary is even cooler, and it appeals to the massive war history buff in me as well as my love of science fiction in that regard. I am definitely intrigued.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#3 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:54 PM

I haven't seen it yet (I'll add to my comment or add a new reply when I do) but this seems like it's the only real way to make a short film or full movie about a war in the trekverse. Aside from small side conflicts between the Enterprise and the enemy of course, so I'm extremely interested in this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users