Photo

Avengers: Age of Bulkstrong: The Bro-down Commences

Marvel / DC

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

Poll: SHIP TIME!

With Peggy stuck in 1945, who is Cap's present-day OTP?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,123 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

Lang is Ant-Man, Pym created the technology. That's what they are going for in Ant-Man.

Thats what I meant, yeah. Pym can be considered "Ant-Man" in that he created the technology, but not that he uses it as superhero. Like it is in comics just without Hank Pym actually using it, but its pretty much the same.

Also the nature of the changing size is changed. Instead of physics method of using "Pym¨s particles" to change size, it will be some biochemical substance (not sure how they want to pull it out).

Yes, I suppose that either Vision will be JARVIS physical body, or something created from him. Maybe Ultron will destroy Stark's computer net so JARVIS, to be saved, will be moved into body that will be Vision. The options and possibilities are limitless.

Well, the Mind gem may be that gem on the Sceptre, it is even hinted that the Spectre will make some prominence again in Avengers 2. I was quite surprised that von Strucker will be here as well, thought given the nature of Hydra its logical. Thought using the Mind gem to make Ultron alive and sentient... Ultron was always an artificial intelligence. This way he can be truly logical and methodical. But with "mind" he may have emotions which would be his weakness. And from wat I learned of Ultron he is one of the worst enemies of Avengers, especially with that cool head that is scary. Also why would they suspect Mind gem is actually useful? And when Strucker has it, how can he use it on Ultron, who is most likely Stark's creation?

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#22 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Thats what I meant, yeah. Pym can be considered "Ant-Man" in that he created the technology, but not that he uses it as superhero. Like it is in comics just without Hank Pym actually using it, but its pretty much the same.

Also the nature of the changing size is changed. Instead of physics method of using "Pym¨s particles" to change size, it will be some biochemical substance (not sure how they want to pull it out).

Yes, I suppose that either Vision will be JARVIS physical body, or something created from him. Maybe Ultron will destroy Stark's computer net so JARVIS, to be saved, will be moved into body that will be Vision. The options and possibilities are limitless.

Well, the Mind gem may be that gem on the Sceptre, it is even hinted that the Spectre will make some prominence again in Avengers 2. I was quite surprised that von Strucker will be here as well, thought given the nature of Hydra its logical. Thought using the Mind gem to make Ultron alive and sentient... Ultron was always an artificial intelligence. This way he can be truly logical and methodical. But with "mind" he may have emotions which would be his weakness. And from wat I learned of Ultron he is one of the worst enemies of Avengers, especially with that cool head that is scary. Also why would they suspect Mind gem is actually useful? And when Strucker has it, how can he use it on Ultron, who is most likely Stark's creation?

Actually we can relate the Mind Gem to the intellect only, as there is also the Soul Gem, which could be emotions and the like. We have seen the Space Gem (Tesseract), the Power Gem (Aether), and there will be at least another Gem in Guardians of the Galaxy. So this leaves us Soul Gem, Reality Gem and Time Gem to see. Yet there is nothing proving that Loki's scepter holds the Mind Gem, as I recall.. Evidences point to it, but there's nothing sure.

This could actually be a plot point. Ultron is powered by the Mind Gem. He has intellect, he has knowledge and he's logical, and lacks anything remotely associated to emotions because he would lack the "Soul Gem". So yeah, he could be a possessed, rebuilt and very powerful Iron Man armor or prototype.

Then again, that's just a theory. But it could be a way to make "Hulk vs Hulkbuster" ... Even though that would be too much like the first Avengers, where allies are controlled to fight the good guys ...

#23 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,123 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Like I said, there is endless of possibilities how the storyline will go :)

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#24 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,341 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:15 AM

weu2.jpg

k, if you can tear your eyes away from Elizabeth Olsen pouting all sultry-like in the background, you'll see that Hawkguy's found himself a new coat. I guess it's a nod to the weird loincloth/skirt thing from his classic outfit? God, what a loser.

Mow6scr.jpg

That'd be Chris Evans' double getting suited up to film some stunts in South Korea. The suit seems a bit dark, but who knows how it's going to look on screen. It looks like he's got little Avengers 'A's on his shoulders, tummy stripes are there, and it looks like a good bulky military-style thing rather than the skin-tight lycra one from the first movie, so all is well. 

#25 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

That'd be Chris Evans' double getting suited up to film some stunts in South Korea. The suit seems a bit dark, but who knows how it's going to look on screen. It looks like he's got little Avengers 'A's on his shoulders, tummy stripes are there, and it looks like a good bulky military-style thing rather than the skin-tight lycra one from the first movie, so all is well. 

It looks like a bulkier version of his Avengers' suit. As if the one he got from SHIELD was for the look only, then an army attack, with The Winter Soldier he gets a more tactical, darker one ... And now he's back to full color, but with a better suit. I'm not against that.

#26 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:24 PM

k, if you can tear your eyes away from Elizabeth Olsen pouting all sultry-like in the background, you'll see that Hawkguy's found himself a new coat. I guess it's a nod to the weird loincloth/skirt thing from his classic outfit? God, what a loser.

*Insert whatever swear words you aussies use to denote some who is being seriously uncool* Would you stop ripping on Jeremy Renner for not being overly muscular and being forced to play a character who has bland script, he, at least IMO, should have some more quick wit lines. And tbh I wish his outfit had more purple I like the comic look 

mudkip.png

#27 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

Thank you, Psychopath. I actually like the red, but it does happen to be my favorite color... >_>

#28 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,341 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

*Insert whatever swear words you aussies use to denote some who is being seriously uncool* Would you stop ripping on Jeremy Renner for not being overly muscular and being forced to play a character who has bland script, he, at least IMO, should have some more quick wit lines. And tbh I wish his outfit had more purple I like the comic look 

Jeremy Renner? More like Jeremy Whenner. Whenner you gonna start going to the gym, amiriteoramirite? 

#29 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Jeremy Renner? More like Jeremy Whenner. Whenner you gonna start going to the gym, amiriteoramirite? 

I don't know, I wouldn't take a bulky archer quite seriously. He needs quick and accurate muscles, not bulk and sheer strength.

#30 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

Listen, I get it. You have some sort of weird Australian fantasy where all your superhero men need to have gorgeously sculpted muscles. However if I have to skim past another one of your tirades about how someones muscles do or don't cut it for you I will buy a ticket to Australia and slap you so hard your great-grandchildren will have a birthmark from it. So please for the sake my wallet will you just keep your weird muscle fantasy to yourself?

mudkip.png

#31 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,341 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:43 AM

Don't worry, guys, the real heroes are showing up! Y'know, the ones that people actually care about!

bLTfpbx.jpg

2MAPAI2.jpg

More of Cap here, here and here (EDIT - And here and here and here). I like it. The helmet looks perfect, no sign of the great big bucket from the first movie, and the material of the suit seems like just the right blend between the military fatigues from 1945 and the modern lycra from Avengers. Small head, big shoulder pads is the right way to go. It's busy without being too overdesigned; when you see him from a distance it'll still be all the right colours in all the right places. I tend to like my tummy stripes a little wider, but I think they've nailed everything else. Best costume for the best Avenger.

Black Widow's stunt double:

4KJggFL.jpg

So, the ultimate question: is she back to the Black Widow Hairstyle #2, or is this BWHS #4 but all mussed up from zooming around on a motorbike? I'm hoping for a new one, because I never liked the Avengers style.

#32 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

Not gunna lie, I'm really digging that Cap costume. The ears are the only thing that worries me at all, and I think those only look weird at all from the side. The helmet, shoulders, pectoral area... All good.

My favorite part, though, has gotta be those boot-cover things. The matching gloves are cool too, but those boots? Dang...

#33 Sir Solitaire

Sir Solitaire

Plumber

• Nova Member
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

I am literally bouncing up and down about Cap's costume. Those spats...

But like Spidey said, his ears showing is a bit off, especially since one would normally want those covered

gplus-1832912543.gif

Non ergo in te vocabo

#34 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,341 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

So I heard you guys were into this dumb superhero thing or whatever...

jvo0uCA.jpg

Chris Evans' shoulders are as wide as the Iron Man suit's shoulder armour :P

EDIT - 

tumblr_n0i3noLOni1r6mt8go1_250.gif

Wait what how did that get in there?

EDIT AGAIN - MOAR PHOTOS!

Captain-America-Thor_612x380.jpg

Seriously is Chris Evans as wide as two normal people or what? He's putting Thor to shame!

LifT0Z7.jpg

SCIENCE BROS!

RCWfTRY.jpg

Hi Rhodey!

QDcCFyx.jpg

Black Widow Hairstyle Number FOUR, and she's got those wrist gun things from the cartoon!

#35 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

I love how Mjolnir has just been discarded on the table in the last shot. Like, he doesn't even need to worry about anyone trying to nick it.

Again, we seem to be getting it a week earlier than the US. Suck it.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#36 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:22 PM

I'm fangirling so much over these pictures. I saw the magazine cover, but the rest are new to me. They all look great, don't get me wrong (and YES, Thor is sleeveless again at long last! Totes digging Black Widow's suit, too), but Chris Evans. Just look at him. Is he real, or was he genetically created to play Captain America? Either way, I need this movie like I need air. Cap's new outfit is like all the best parts of his past outfits put together. And... the way he's standing there with his hands on his belt like that. UNF.

I'll be in my bunk.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#37 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

Okay, so we all agree that Chris Evans is the hunkiest hunk who ever hunked, but I'm still a fan of Tony so I'd thought I'd leave this here.

tony-stark-vs-ultron-the-avengers-age-of

Not gonna lie, I'm starting to get pretty excited.

emily-blunt.gif

#38 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,341 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

I love how Mjolnir has just been discarded on the table in the last shot. Like, he doesn't even need to worry about anyone trying to nick it.

What if all the Avengers are having a Mjolnir lifting contest, and it's a montage of all of them straining and flexing their muscles while Thor looks on laughing heartily, and then Cap steps up to the plate, and every fanboy and fangirl in the audience has their heart in their throat, and he rubs his hands together, squares his shoulders, sets his feet... and then the Avengers alarm goes off and they all have to run off to fight some crime. Cap and Thor share a jovial glance and the audience laughs wryly because we know they'll be saving that moment for Avengers 3.

...but Chris Evans. Just look at him. Is he real, or was he genetically created to play Captain America?

I know, right!? I know I said this in the Cap 2 thread, but it's still just as accurate: his face is so America. And his voice, and his nose and his hair and the left shoulder and all the way over there the right shoulder, too. It's like he was born wearing stars and stripes. I almost feel sorry for Thor, having to stand next to that guy.

Not gonna lie, I'm starting to get pretty excited.

I think that's just a fan photoshop of this picture, unfortunately.

#39 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:37 AM

I think that's just a fan photoshop of this picture, unfortunately.

Foils and curses, you're right!

Well, if a fan can get me excited, let's see what Marvel can do.

emily-blunt.gif

#40 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

You guuuuuuyyyyyyss

avengers2-conceptartposter3-full.jpg

avengers2-conceptartposter4-full.jpg

^^

brbfangirling

There are some other posters out there but I'm sorry I saw the Cap one and I was just done

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users