Photo

Avengers: Age of Bulkstrong: The Bro-down Commences

Marvel / DC

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

Poll: SHIP TIME!

With Peggy stuck in 1945, who is Cap's present-day OTP?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

So I know it's a bit early maybe for this topic, but I felt this was necessary to share...

Concept art!

Scarlet Witch

5328ebda24f6b.jpg

As the article stated, it seems this may be before she and her brother have joined the team. But I can't say I'm dissappointed if she's dressed like this the whole time... What reason would she have to wear a costume, really? Cap's got his whole WWII propaganda shpeel deal, Tony kindof needs his suit(s), Hulk... yeah... Thor's just wearing his normal clothes, and Clint and Natalie are military agents, so their uniforms make sense. But hey, what are opinions for?

Quicksilver

5328eba0590c8.jpg

No white/silver hair? :o  Hopefully that doesn't last. He's wearing a bit more of a uniform/ costume, but I mean normal clothes would burn up at super-speeds, right? Idk how his powers work, I know Flash has the Speed Force or whatever, but physics are physics. :P

I'm pretty psyched to see the twins, honestly. Now we just need to see Ultron himself and pictures of the Lego sets.

Oh, and there's this...

q9wc.jpg

#2 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

I'm possibly more excited for the Lego sets than I am the movie.

mudkip.png

#3 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,201 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

I'm possibly more excited for the Lego sets than I am the movie.

Well you're dumb, then.*

*That's a joke but srsly c'mon man

iyx1Foo.jpg?1

#4 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

Apparently the twins' actor/actress are confirmed already. I've never heard of either, but they look cool enough (Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen). And James Spader as Ultron himself.

Also, Paul Bettany (voice of JARVIS) is listed on IMDB as Vision as well... Is Vision going to be basically an embodimeny of JARVIS in this version?

And War Machine is listed (Or Rhodey anyways), so that's cool. Possibly Falcon as well.

#5 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

Well you're dumb, then.*

*That's a joke but srsly c'mon man

Vorg, I'm basically a 7 year old in an 18 year old's body, I nearly flipped my lid when they released the Captain America vs. Red Skull set as well as the Hulk Lab smash set. Don't get me wrong I'm excited for the movie, but I'm even more excited for Lego to be making more Marvel characters

mudkip.png

#6 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

Also, Paul Bettany (voice of JARVIS) is listed on IMDB as Vision as well... Is Vision going to be basically an embodimeny of JARVIS in this version?.

Well, in the comics, he was built out of the remains of the original Human Torch, who was not human but in fact a robot from the 40's. The original Human Torch had a small appearance in Captain America, at the Stark Expo.

So there you go. They might ignore all that, but who knows this early on.

Also: the Vision's love interest is Scarlet Witch. So bringing her in too is great.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#7 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

Human... Wha? I missed something -_-

Oh huh. Though if he weren't DC, I'd think it was supposed to be a Plastic Man reference (it says "synthetic man" on the display).

Edited by Spider-man, 19 March 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#8 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:54 AM

Oh huh. Though if he weren't DC, I'd think it was supposed to be a Plastic Man reference (it says "synthetic man" on the display).

That just means android. :P In other words, this guy:
Torch2_1311892077.jpg
Jim_Hamond.jpg

Edited by Ouflah, 20 March 2014 - 12:54 AM.

gTAoKX.gif

#9 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,289 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

q9wc.jpg

OH DUDE Hulk's gonna go bad and they're all going to fight him OMGOMGOMG RUN IT THROUGH MY HAIR AND GET A LATHER GOING! It's going to be so great when Tony goes from being all smug in his armour to realising it was a terrible idea because Hulkbusters never win against the Hulk :P

Things Ocelot wants to see in Avengers 2:

- A much better hairstyle for Scarlett. Bring back the Iron Man 2 curls, pls

- Captain America fighting the big guys, not just standing next to a lever and occasionally taking out a robot or whatevs

- No sleeves on Thor's costume. Come on now

- Moar Scruffalo. He's so good as Banner, oh man you guys

- Shirtless scenes from Thor and Cap. PEC FIGHT!

- Cap picks up Mjolnir. Even if he just hands it to a knocked-down Thor in a scene so innocuous you don't even realise what's going on until it's happened, though obviously Cap wielding Mjolnir and wrecking dudes would be preferable

- The next level of clever Iron Man gimmicks. In IM2 it was the briefcase suit, Avengers had the wrist-dealies, IM3 had gesture-controlled stuff and Tony popping in and out of all his suits like a boss. What's next?

- A replacement for Hawkeye. At least Scarlett's really pretty; what does Johnny Bow'n'arrow bring? If you need a guy to lift you onto a rooftop, and then you have to take the stairs to get down, you don't belong on the team

- Helicarriers crashing left and right. It's not a party until some Helicarriers start going down :P

EDIT - lol, Fox's Quicksilver vs. Marvel's Quicksilver:

eStxbG8.png

"k, off to run at the speed of sound. Let's see, have I got my skinny jeans and shiny pleather jacket that I stole from an '80s music video? Is my Star Trek tricorder safely dangling from my oversize utility belt? Let me just check the time on my Casio calculator watch..."

#10 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

- The next level of clever Iron Man gimmicks. In IM2 it was the briefcase suit, Avengers had the wrist-dealies, IM3 had gesture-controlled stuff and Tony popping in and out of all his suits like a boss. What's next?

Bleeding_Edge_Armor_suit-up_01.jpg

Ok, maybe not. Though this time the "unique" armor could be the Hulkbuster.

#11 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

OH DUDE Hulk's gonna go bad mad and they're all going to fight him OMGOMGOMG RUN IT THROUGH MY HAIR AND GET A LATHER GOING! It's going to be so great when Tony goes from being all smug in his armour to realising it was a terrible idea because Hulkbusters never win against the Hulk :P

I prefered Avengers hairstyle >_>

- Captain America fighting the big guys, not just standing next to a lever and occasionally taking out a robot or whatevs

- Moar Scruffalo. He's so good as Banner, oh man you guys

- Cap picks up Mjolnir. Even if he just hands it to a knocked-down Thor in a scene so innocuous you don't even realise what's going on until it's happened, though obviously Cap wielding Mjolnir and wrecking dudes would be preferable

- Helicarriers crashing left and right. It's not a party until some Helicarriers start going down :P

Yes.

Fair.

- A replacement for Hawkeye. At least Scarlett's really pretty; what does Johnny Bow'n'arrow bring? If you need a guy to lift you onto a rooftop, and then you have to take the stairs to get down, you don't belong on the team

If they subbed him out after what they did to him for the first whole half of the freaking movie? You just wanna see him shirtless.

EDIT - lol, Fox's Quicksilver vs. Marvel's Quicksilver:

eStxbG8.png

"k, off to run at the speed of sound. Let's see, have I got my skinny jeans and shiny pleather jacket that I stole from an '80s music video? Is my Star Trek tricorder safely dangling from my oversize utility belt? Let me just check the time on my Casio calculator watch..."

*Gag*

Edited by Spider-man, 24 March 2014 - 05:28 PM.

#12 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:17 PM

RRRR I'm trying so hard to still be excited about Days of Future Past in spite of this rotten development.

The Avengers quicksilver, on the other hand, looks great! :D

gTAoKX.gif

#13 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,289 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

If they subbed him out after what they did to him for the first whole half of the freaking movie? You just wanna see him shirtless.

Pshaw, as if Jeremy Renner could pack on enough mass to cut it with the real Avengers. Have you seen Chris Hemsworth's pecs? Do I need to post some gifs here? I don't even get out of bed in the morning for less than a D-cup.

The guy from Arrow is a way better fake archer than Jeremy Renner is, anyway. That guy can nock. Not quite top-tier in the pec department, unfortunately, but you've gotta respect a guy who can do all that sweaty, shirtless exercising he does on the show. Salmon ladders, muscle ups, like... planche pushups with his fingers pointing backwards while up on this weird rack thing? That was crazy. He could probably stand to bench a little more, though :P

#14 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Pshaw, as if Jeremy Renner could pack on enough mass to cut it with the real Avengers. Have you seen Chris Hemsworth's pecs? Do I need to post some gifs here? I don't even get out of bed in the morning for less than a D-cup.

You know, I don't even need to post around here because Ocelot covers everything I'd say, anyway. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#15 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

I'll just leave these here...

aarontaylorjohnsonquicksilvercar-a1bb9.jscarletwitchageofultron-50dcd.jpgmaybeultron-5f75b.jpg

Oh, and...

#16 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,289 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

HkrmZsU.jpg

"You guys are jerks. Ultron is going to listen to Linkin Park now"

(Does Ultron talk in the third person? I have no idea :P)

So Quicksilver does have white hair after all, and that almost-but-not-quite lightning bolt on his suit looks pretty cool. I wonder if that's the final Ultron face design or just something they threw together to have the actors play off. It's pretty safe to assume he'll be mostly CGI in the movie, so presumably they could change any part of the design. I think he looks neat, though. Very Ant-Man-y. Which I guess might be a problem, since the Ant-Man movie is only coming out... after Avengers 2? Or before? I can't keep'em straight any more. Do we know that Ant-Man isn't involved in creating movie Ultron, or have we just been assuming that?

#17 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:26 AM

I think that's all been assumption. I'm hoping/thinking Pym will be in Avengers 2 to help make Ultron, and then they'll spin him off into his Ant-Man movie from there.

Personally I'm digging the aforementioned "almost-but-not-quite lightning bolts" on Quicksilver. They look cooler from the front, there are a lot more angles of pictures around I just didn't have time to copy them all into the post.

#18 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,123 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Ant-Man is set after Avengers 2, and Hank Pym has nothing to do with Ultron's origin in the movies, according to the director/producer. It seems like that Ultron will be instead made by Tony Stark, probably as an extension of JARVIS or as his "brother", most likely as a possible defender of Earth. But he went rogue (like always). And that there will also be Vision voiced by Bethany, voice of JARVIS. So if Vision will be JARVIS' extension just as EDI used Eva Coré android body in Mass Effect, or Vision will be independent and just have the same voice as JARVIS, not sure.

For Ant-Man, there is possibly an option that by "Ant-Man not involved with Ultron" may be pointing on the one that will be in the film actually, Scott Lang, and than Hank Pym (played by Michael uglas) may be involved, and they are just keeping it a secret for audience as surprise. As Hank Pym wont be probably the actual Ant-Man may support this.

But this is all just my assumptions and speculations from the information I learned.

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#19 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Wait, so is Lang gunna be in Age of Ultron? That could be cool, too. And I'm not sure what you're saying, V, but why wouldn't Pym be Ant-Man?

Idk if I want Vision to have the same voice as Jarvis. Same actor doesn't mean same voice. But it depends on Vision's origin in this.

#20 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Wait, so is Lang gunna be in Age of Ultron? That could be cool, too. And I'm not sure what you're saying, V, but why wouldn't Pym be Ant-Man?

Idk if I want Vision to have the same voice as Jarvis. Same actor doesn't mean same voice. But it depends on Vision's origin in this.

Lang is Ant-Man, Pym created the technology. That's what they are going for in Ant-Man.

As for Vision, I guess they are going to give JARVIS a full body, similar to what they did in Iron Man 3 when he controlled the Iron Man armors.

As for Ultron, my theory always has been that the jewel in Loki's scepter was the Mind Gem, and with the teaser showing Iron Man's helmet turning into Ultron's, it could be that they put the Mind Gem in an armor and it gave life to Ultron ... But that's just a thought.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel / DC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users