Photo

Transformers 4: Age of Baysplosions

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• 2,213 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

Well... there was a brief moment where Optimus riding Grimlock looked almost cool, but was immediately ruined by the next frame as Grimlock plodded clumsily through some architecture.

Also, no thank you Mark Wahlberg; wherever you go will be quite dangerous, and I would rather not be killed by homocidal alien robots. I will not stay behind you.

At least we can thank (actual cannibal) Shia Labeouf for staying out of this one.
*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#2 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,289 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

"Hey, whaddah awll these robawts doin' heah? I'm ovah heah workin' awn my glammah muscles and they come and take my dawtah? You'd bettah believe I'm runnin' down the street aftah rah! I'll do tah them what I woulda done to them 9/11 terrah-wrists if I was awn that plane!"

(Boston accents are hilarious :P)

Yep, this looks like a Transformers movie alright. I tried about ten times to work out what Mahkie Mahk was yelling at the robot that was running off with his daughter, but I just couldn't do it. Sandra? Santa? Did he name his daughter Santa? I swear to God he's saying Santa. I went to IMDb and found that her name is apparently Tessa, but there's no way he's saying 'Tessa' there. Also? His daughter is White Katara from that unwatchable Shyamalan Avatar movie, so, y'know, great casting work there. I wonder if it was the part where she spoke slowly with no discernible inflection or facial expression that drew Michael Bay to her, or the other nine parts where she did exactly that?

I think I could probably watch one of these movies if it was, like, ninety minutes or shorter. At two-and-a-half hours, though, I just can't do it. It's like actual torture. It's what they reserve for the hardened terrorists who can resist waterboarding and stuff. 

#3 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

BWOOONG BWOOOONG BWONG BWONG BWONG

Also, I eager anticipate Grimlock taking a dump on someone, while the audience watches every moment of it.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#4 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Is it just me, or did the CGI on the Transformers themselves actually get worse?  Because the quality is looking like a it took a step or two toward "Asylum if they actually had a budget and were told to put some effort into it".

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#5 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

Is it just me, or did the CGI on the Transformers themselves actually get worse?  Because the quality is looking like a it took a step or two toward "Asylum if they actually had a budget and were told to put some effort into it".

Either these are not the final versions, or it's the 3D quality or things like that ... Considering Bay is still at the helm of the project and that despite all of his flaws he's a visual perfectionist, I'm pretty sure there are things that were left out.

#6 Azoth

Azoth

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

• 1,314 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

You mean... This series is still a thing?

Posted Image

#7 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

You mean... This series is still profitable?

Corrected for you.

#8 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

Saw the trailer. Super excited. I love watching robots kick the crap out of one another.

gdV21HZ.gif

#9 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:31 AM

Looks much better than Captain America 2. So much better.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#10 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:02 AM

Man... I wish they would just take all the robot fight-scenes and slam them all together in a big, long scene. I would watch that... I would. Guilty pleasures and that kind of dash it all.

Having to watch horrid acting by some of the least talented individuals in the industry in between those fights scenes? I just can't bring myself to do it. I watched that first Transformers movie once. And part of it twice because of those robot fight scenes. But I haven't seen any of the others, because I just can't bring myself to pull that trigger. I'm a coward, lads, I know that. I'm so, so sorry!

(Sorry if you like Mark. My respect for him, while nonexistent, plummets with this smelly, old sock. Yes, he's a good actor. No, I don't like him. Bite me, baby!)

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#11 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

Man... I wish they would just take all the robot fight-scenes and slam them all together in a big, long scene. I would watch that... I would. Guilty pleasures and that kind of dash it all.

Having to watch horrid acting by some of the least talented individuals in the industry in between those fights scenes? I just can't bring myself to do it. I watched that first Transformers movie once. And part of it twice because of those robot fight scenes. But I haven't seen any of the others, because I just can't bring myself to pull that trigger. I'm a coward, lads, I know that. I'm so, so sorry!

(Sorry if you like Mark. My respect for him, while nonexistent, plummets with this smelly, old sock. Yes, he's a good actor. No, I don't like him. Bite me, baby!)

The third one has a hour-long action sequence at the end. It's not that bad !

#12 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

More robots fighting robots?

I'll watch it for the same reason I watched all the other Transformers movies: Giant robots, Baysplosions, cool action scenes involving giant robots and baysplosions. Then there's some humans mixed in there, but no one cares about that. Then to top it all off at the end, lots of giant robots making lots of baysplosions all fighting in a city and tearing down buildings with their giant robot bodies and baysplosion-y weapons.

I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#13 Gentleman Psychopath

Gentleman Psychopath

In Gaben We Save

• 732 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

More robots fighting robots?

I'll watch it for the same reason I watched all the other Transformers movies: Giant robots, Baysplosions, cool action scenes involving giant robots and baysplosions. Then there's some humans mixed in there, but no one cares about that. Then to top it all off at the end, lots of giant robots making lots of baysplosions all fighting in a city and tearing down buildings with their giant robot bodies and baysplosion-y weapons.

I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.

It's the 8 year-old in all of us that makes us want to see it. Some people then promptly take that eight-year old and lock him away. I embrace the child fully and say "maybe when it comes out on DVD"

Edited by Gentleman Psychopath, 16 February 2014 - 03:19 PM.

mudkip.png

#14 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,289 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

It's the 8 year-old in all of us that makes us want to see it. Some people then promptly take that eight-year old and lock him away. I embrace the child fully and say "maybe when it comes out on DVD"

My inner eight-year-old loves robots fighting eachother, which is why he hates the Transformers movies. People like to act like it's just all robots punching eachother all the time, but it isn't even nearly! The non-robot-fighting bits make up a disgustingly large percentage of these movies. It's like two hours of the worst, most insufferable comedy and terrible drama and awful orange-skinned people shouting at eachother, with a comparatively tiny little bit of robot fighting sprinkled around here and there. Both my inner eight-year-old and my current self find that stuff completely unwatchable, and it's so tightly interwoven with the action bits that you can't even ride the fast-forward button through the whole movie without ending up accidentally catching more of it than you could ever want to see. Ugh.

Ugh.

tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif

#15 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

And the blatant, nearly Victorian caricultural racism.

Edited by Rickard the Bearded, 20 February 2014 - 03:27 PM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#16 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:55 AM

I am actually quite surprised.

#17 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:15 AM

Yup. The hype. I have to see it now. 

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#18 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

It actually looks much more promising than the others. Also it looks way more mature, they got the trend back with Dark of the Moon and are going with it.

#19 Ambad

Ambad

Oh, and look, he's a dragon now... with... glasses?

• 2,213 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

gun_face.png

Hmmm, now where have I...?

Ah, good ol' Gunface!

*insert meaningless song lyrics and/or hilarious gif here*

#20 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

When he talks about needing an Autobot army, I really hope they bring in Michael Ironside as Ultra Magnus.

Old timer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users