• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Maximus Corellio

Maximus Corellio

Different, but not less.

• Nova Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

My entry for the current contest, going for a Wulfgard theme. My entry is called "Gemini." Castor Aquillius (left) and his twin brother Pollux (right) are senior cohort centurions in Legio IX, the legendary Ninth Legion of the Achaean Empire. The Ninth became famous throughout the Empire, boasting the finest soldiers in the army with a practically perfect battle record. The Aquillii themselves, nicknamed the Gemini by their men, became war heroes, both eventually rising to the rank of senior cohort centurion. Not long after the twins' ascension, the Ninth became even more famous when the entire legion crossed the border of Northrim on an assignment and disappeared, falling out of contact with the Empire. All record of the legion stopped at that point and they have not been heard from for some time.

Though skilled in the use of a variety of weapons, Castor prefers to fight with a spear (or javelins) and a shield bearing the Aquillius family crest, usually only drawing his sword as a last resort or at greatest need. He turned to polearms when a fight with a bear left his face scarred. He believed that using a sword allowed the bear to get close enough to slash at him; from then on he believed that the smarter warrior should wield the spear to keep his enemy's weapon out of reach.

On the other hand, Pollux, ten minutes Castor's junior, was inspired by Tom Drake's penchant for dual wielding and decided to follow in his idol's footsteps and do the same. He loves his brother dearly, and each have saved the other's life in battle more than once. With his two kopises, Pollux fights at close range, favoring the responsibility of protecting Castor's back and sides.

The Aquillii are practically inseparable and do everything together or not at all. They choose to wear identical sets of leather armor used by the light infantry, as the fourth cohort (commanded by Castor) and the fifth cohort (commanded by Pollux) are primarily used as a vanguard or as skirmishers or hit-and-run guerilla fighters, needing to move faster and quieter. These two cohorts are often used to attack first in order to wear down the enemy forces for the main legion's attack.

Legio IX is an original part of the Wulfgard canon created by me (with permission from Scorp), based on the historical Ninth Legion of the Roman Empire, believed to have vanished somewhere north of Hadrian's wall.

Attached File  IMG_20170405_163707.jpg   116.58KB   0 downloads

Be without fear in the face of your enemies.

Be bold and upright that God may love thee.

Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death.

Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong.

That is your oath.

#2 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

I like it! Nice use of decals for the legs and Brickforge armor pieces.
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Maximus Corellio

Maximus Corellio

Different, but not less.

• Nova Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

I like it! Nice use of decals for the legs and Brickforge armor pieces.

Thank you! Please excuse the less than desirable camera quality; I don't have much better than my phone to work with right now.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies.

Be bold and upright that God may love thee.

Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death.

Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong.

That is your oath.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users