CONTEST: Nova Refuge Zygbar and Yavakaro VDC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
200 replies to this topic

#41 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,502 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:24 AM

Yes indeed! I started working on a mini-scale capital ship for Zygbar once myself, but it ended up in my "unfinished projects" box...

Splendid! I was inspired to build them years ago when you posted those mini Achmer ships. Do you still have those? I couldn't find them on novarefuge.com.

sml_gallery_15330_272_21744.jpg

Above image created by Saber-Scorpion and meme'd by me.

Profile picture created by and commissioned from: https://saph-y.tumblr.com/

#42 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

Splendid! I was inspired to build them years ago when you posted those mini Achmer ships. Do you still have those? I couldn't find them on novarefuge.com.

They're in my Flickr gallery.

I initially planned to do fleets for all of the factions, starting with the Achmer. But then I found that I'm not actually very good at it. I couldn't seem to make a cool Xarkon micro capital ship to save my life. :\

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#43 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,123 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:34 PM

They're in my Flickr gallery.

I initially planned to do fleets for all of the factions, starting with the Achmer. But then I found that I'm not actually very good at it. I couldn't seem to make a cool Xarkon micro capital ship to save my life. :\

Do you have the images of the ships drawn?

EDIT: Do you have any plans for the Zygbari spaceships, and the names of the classes of Zygbari starships? I may have an idea to make a model of Zygbari cruiser, destroyer or something, but I would need to know if you have some plans for them, like in which fashion are Zygbari classes named (like Xarkon uses Norse Gods and Victory uses Greek Gods). I will put the questions in NR Q&A topic.

Edited by V.Metalic, 05 December 2011 - 11:46 PM.

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#44 Golden-Star

Golden-Star

Master Procrastinator

• Nova Member
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:27 AM

I will put the questions in NR Q&A topic.

I thought you wanted them answered Posted Image.

~ Golden-Star

#45 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,123 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 01:44 AM

I thought you wanted them answered Posted Image.

I have more questions, and I dont want to put them all here :D

#46 jacb333

jacb333

Haha, die doggy, die!

• 21 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

I think I'll enter this contest. I think I'll draw my entery, and is it alright if my vechicle is a mix of Yavakarese and Achmer technology?

#47 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Member
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:18 AM

I think I'll enter this contest. I think I'll draw my entery, and is it alright if my vechicle is a mix of Yavakarese and Achmer technology?

Well the entry is supposed to be either a Zygbar or a Yavakaro vehicle, so I don't think a mix would be a great idea. You could probably get away with incorporating some Achmer technology and saying it was bought by Yavakaro though. They are the richest nation in the Refuge, if i'm not mistaken.

And V.Metallic, you'd probably get them answered a lot quicker here. Scorp's been really good at being on top of this topic. ^_^

EDIT: Actually Jacb, to quote Scorp.
"Basically the Achmer would see giving experimental technology to the Humans like giving a toddler a plasma pistol to play with. They wouldn't even trust them with one of their starfighters, let alone experimental tech. If any Humans were to aquire previously-unknown Achmer technology, it would have to be through subterfuge (aka stealing it)."
So I guess not, unless of course it was stolen tech.

Edited by Tommy Gun, 06 December 2011 - 11:12 AM.

#48 RA RA

RA RA

You just activated my Alu-card.

• Nova Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:35 AM

Can a color be included for a specific legion or group. E.g. if there was an elite group in the Yavakaro military called "Blood legion", could we incorporate crimson into the vehicle while still keeping it predominantly white/silver? :blink:
Posted Image

#49 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

Do you have the images of the ships drawn?

EDIT: Do you have any plans for the Zygbari spaceships, and the names of the classes of Zygbari starships? I may have an idea to make a model of Zygbari cruiser, destroyer or something, but I would need to know if you have some plans for them, like in which fashion are Zygbari classes named (like Xarkon uses Norse Gods and Victory uses Greek Gods). I will put the questions in NR Q&A topic.

No and no. Heh. I figure Zygbar's fleet is probably composed mostly of refurbished old ships from other fleets and militarized civilian craft anyway. Starships cost a lot to make. A lot. And I haven't come up with designs for any of them; I was planning to just go wild with LEGOs and see what happened. So feel free to get creative. :)

I'll try to get to the Q&A topic soon since there's a contest going on... Fire-fox has been asking me to check it as well.

Well, Yavakaro are the most likely of the Human factions to mimic the Native races and their technologies, especially Harmony. Their infantry armor is based on a Sarran design. Naturally they have stolen/copied some Achmer tech as well.

So yes, I would accept that. Just like I'd accept a recolored Xarkon ship for a Zygbar entry. Anything that digs into Nova Refuge lore a bit is encouraged. :D

EDIT: Actually Jacb, to quote Scorp.
"Basically the Achmer would see giving experimental technology to the Humans like giving a toddler a plasma pistol to play with. They wouldn't even trust them with one of their starfighters, let alone experimental tech. If any Humans were to aquire previously-unknown Achmer technology, it would have to be through subterfuge (aka stealing it)."
So I guess not, unless of course it was stolen tech.

Ooh, I appreciate your thorough research. Still, I imagine if anyone would have stolen Achmer tech, it would be Yavakaro. So it's okay.

Can a color be included for a specific legion or group. E.g. if there was an elite group in the Yavakaro military called "Blood legion", could we incorporate crimson into the vehicle while still keeping it predominantly white/silver? :blink:

Hmm, well if your collection of purple LEGO bricks is that limited or something, then yes, that would be an acceptable excuse to substitute red for purple. :P You'd have to make sure the rest of the vehicle's design is clearly Yavakaro in style, however.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#50 jacb333

jacb333

Haha, die doggy, die!

• 21 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:41 AM

Thanks for the help guys, I better get started then.

Edited by jacb333, 07 December 2011 - 12:42 AM.

#51 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Member
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

Haha well that makes sense, I guess research doesn't Always pay off then :rolleyes:
Gosh I can't wait for my decals to get here so I can post my entry!

#52 jacb333

jacb333

Haha, die doggy, die!

• 21 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:29 AM

Would a submarine/boat in nova refuge have propellers,and could the submarine/boat be able to go on land if it had retractable, tentacal like legs that turned it into a walker?

#53 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

Would a submarine/boat in nova refuge have propellers,and could the submarine/boat be able to go on land if it had retractable, tentacal like legs that turned it into a walker?

A boat/sub in NR would probably not have visible propellers, no. It's noteworthy that most military ships in NR are also submersibles, capable of diving below the surface. And most land hover vehicles (hover bikes, hover tanks, hover transports) are amphibious, capable of traveling at sea.

However, a submarine with retractable tentacle legs would not be found in a Human faction. You should save that idea for the eventual Achmer contest. ;)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#54 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

Just looking through my 50-some WIP Sun Dragon Rebellion entry that remained unfinished for the storytelling contest way back when. I made up a few things like Zygbari tanks for that that could be pree cool. Yavakaro walker also appeals to me though. That could be b****in`.

Problem for me is I have basically no means of creating these things, so I`m gonna have to be creative. :P Nonetheless, I`ll kinda `reserve` the Yavak walker, though anyone`s free to do it too obviously. :P

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#55 Florent

Florent

Vous Ítes des animaux

• Nova Member
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

Converted Xarkon walker prototype drawing = DONE.

What a garbage show for trash people. Thanks I hate it. Life sucks. What's the point of anything? How many hours of my life have I spent on this sunk cost fallacy of a show?

#56 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,123 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

I may start the work when Saber-Scorpion answers for my questions :)

#57 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:39 PM

Right, so I'm working on one of my entries (I hope to post at least two!). It'll be for Yavakaro, but since I only have seven purple bricks, just imagine it has more purple on it! :P

Edited by Amarok, 07 December 2011 - 11:39 PM.

emily-blunt.gif

#58 jacb333

jacb333

Haha, die doggy, die!

• 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:10 AM

Thanks scorp, I'll hold on to that idea then.

#59 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

Right, so I'm working on one of my entries (I hope to post at least two!). It'll be for Yavakaro, but since I only have seven purple bricks, just imagine it has more purple on it! :P

What?! You have that many? Lucky! :P

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure that's more than me which gives you an upper hand over me for the contest :P Yeah, so, I got the name and I'm starting on the prototype drawing thing.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#60 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

What?! You have that many? Lucky! :P

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure that's more than me which gives you an upper hand over me for the contest :P Yeah, so, I got the name and I'm starting on the prototype drawing thing.

Well, not yet... I just finished my first today, so I hope to whip up a few more...

Scorp, can we win multiple prizes, such as winning best Zygbar and Best Yavakaro? Not that I expect to win either, but I'm just wonderin'.

emily-blunt.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users