Photo

What would you buy from my website?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

Poll: What would you buy from my website? (111 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of the following would you be MOST LIKELY to ACTUALLY BUY?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#21 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:46 AM

Hm, it people are most interested in the comics, which is good since it works well with my Master Plan. After all, any art created for the comics can potentially be reused for other stuff later.

http://www.printfection.com

I'm not sure how much it is. But I've seen a fella from another forum who makes custom T-Shirts (that are awesome and hysterical BTW), and you can even choose the different colours on certain shirts, etc. It can get pricey ($23 for this Bear Cavalry T-shirt), but I suppose they're worth it. *shrug*

That's just the site I was looking at, actually. I'll probably end up using them since no better place is rearing its head at the moment. I'll have to look into it more, and then I'll maybe post some possible shirt designs either in the NR board or the Nova Member board and see what people like.

Also on the subject of a Wylfgard map: I'll be posting what I have of the map (so far) on the site later today, I hope. :)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#22 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:25 AM

I've always been open to the idea of doing commissions, although I'm never quite sure what a good standard fee is... But hey, if you like my style and are willing to pay me to draw something, shoot me an email at sales@saber-scorpion.com any time!

Okay, but as long as I'm complaining, I don't want any complaints about the material. If I wanted you to draw Warhammer, and I pay you, you draw it. :P

Oh, I actually thought about you selling actual minifigures like Brickarms. You buy the pieces a bit cheaply on Bricklink, but sell them decaled and for an extremely high price (20 dollars or something) for the figures. I mean, people are/were asking you to buy them from you, and all that, so you might as well go the next step.

giphy.gif

#23 Lord Boar

Lord Boar

Semper Fi.

• 2,801 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:45 AM

Sorry Scorp, it was really early, and my brain wasn't all that awake yet. Fantasy-wise, beside LotF, I think that, like Wiffleball said, a Wylfgard map, when you're done with it. Also, like, a Wylfgard manual, with all the different knowledge, and monsters in it, kinda' like a D&D Monster manual. Commissions an dart stuff are also cool, like others have said.

#24 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:09 AM

Okay, but as long as I'm complaining, I don't want any complaints about the material. If I wanted you to draw Warhammer, and I pay you, you draw it. :P

Well, I do naturally reserve the right to turn down certain proposals. For example, things like slash-fiction and furries. No amount of money is worthy my dignitas. :P
That said, Warhammer would actually be kind of fun to draw. I don't mind letting loose and depicting some ridiculously massive, pumped-up warrior whose neck, wrists, and waist are all the same size, wielding a weapon as large as a car, wading hip-deep in the bloody corpses of his enemies.
Once in a while that can be enjoyable.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#25 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:11 AM

That said, Warhammer would actually be kind of fun to draw. I don't mind letting loose and depicting some ridiculously massive, pumped-up warrior whose neck, wrists, and waist are all the same size, wielding a weapon as large as a car, wading hip-deep in the bloody corpses of his enemies.

Yeeees, come to the Grimdark-side Scorp, we have cookies. :P

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#26 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,502 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:19 AM

I am unsure if you will heed my humble opinion, great one, but here it is:

POSTERS I most definitely would pay for these, especially the Nova Refuge recruiting posters, though the Victory soldier could use a larger blade, in my opinion. I remember you had posted some SYBAA poster ideas some time ago, like the "I'm a better dark lord than you! I put my fortress INSIDE the volcano!" Those would sell quite well, too.

SHIRTS AND STUFF The shirts would be somewhat difficult, but with the popularity of your work I'm sure you could pull it off! (Ooo....awkward colloquialism.) Perhaps something like an image of a favorite Enomeg or other supersoldier on the front, that soldier's country emblem on the back, and a mini icon of their helmet on a sleeve?

COLLECTIBLE CARD GAME This sounds like fun, but I'm not much for card games. Still, I probably would buy a few just for the artwork....and bragging rights. I do like collecting cards.

LEGO ACCESSORIES Rather difficult to work, but I'm sure the head of Brickarms might be willing to tell you where he got his molds from. It'd be the best way to finally get plastic models of your enomeg helmets!

COMIC BOOKS YES, YES, YES!!! I'd love to see your comics in written form, so I can read them without having to plug in my laptop and look for a god wifi signal. If you were able to finally finish them, that is. <_<

MORE DECALS Uhh.....can't think of anything here. Your decal collection is already awesome enough.

ANYTHING ELSE THAT MIGHT SELL Instructions for your Nova refuge creations! Or at least part lists. My eyes are tired from studying the pictures, and I'm not sure what I need to complete even a Hoplite Bike!

Oh! And here a link to a FREE website that sells custom t-shirts. http://www.spreadshi...ng-shirts-C3598 I'm not sure how it works, but they look professional enough to explain the process to prospective sellers.

sml_gallery_15330_272_21744.jpg

Above image created by Saber-Scorpion and meme'd by me.

Profile picture created by and commissioned from: https://saph-y.tumblr.com/

#27 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:27 AM

Well, I would most likely have you draw Adepta Sororitas, my army, which is composed of fanatics bent on purging heresy and taint throughout the galaxy through fire and immolation. They're a very Inquisitorial Gothic army, and I think you'd get a better feeling towards them then the 10 feet, two ton Space Marines. :P :lol:

giphy.gif

#28 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

Well, I would most likely have you draw Adepta Sororitas, my army, which is composed of fanatics bent on purging heresy and taint throughout the galaxy through fire and immolation. They're a very Inquisitorial Gothic army, and I think you'd get a better feeling towards them then the 10 feet, two ton Space Marines. :P :lol:

With a name like sororitas, I assume these are all female fanatics? :P Also, is that 40k or Fantasy Warhammer? I honestly can't tell the difference.

EDIT: Err.. not that I'm trying to derail this thread or anything. Keep posting ideas, guys. I'm still listening. :D

*gives Ter a + for his new avatar*

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#29 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:33 AM

With a name like sororitas, I assume these are all female fanatics? :P Also, is that 40k or Fantasy Warhammer? I honestly can't tell the difference.

Yep, also known as the "Sisters of Battle", and that's 40K alright.

Edit:

*gives Ter a + for his new avatar*

Huzzah!

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

#30 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:03 AM

For the art commission, would I send the idea of how I want it to look to sales, or through PM or something?

Also, I don't want this to exceed a ridiculous amount of money.

giphy.gif

#31 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:12 AM

For the art commission, would I send the idea of how I want it to look to sales, or through PM or something?

Also, I don't want this to exceed a ridiculous amount of money.

I'm still trying to work out what is a reasonable rate for this sort of thing, but don't worry, I'll try to keep it reasonably low and I won't hold a grudge if you back out. :P
And yeah, email me at sales@saber-scorpion.com

Anyway, back on topic, people!

... even though I'm still trying to determine why "sororitas" is not any kind of proper Latin declension of "soror" that I've ever seen. It should be "sorores" if anything ...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#32 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:18 AM

I think that if you took a peek into a Warhammer Fantasy Role Playing 2nd ed. handbook (which is to Poles what D&D is to Americans), your opinion on Warhammer would differ a little. The emphasis on ridiculousness is smaller, even though it's the same author. Still, a rat catcher doesn't look anything like Chuck Norris. In comparison with some of the D&D sketches, I think it looks rather positive (of course, it's also very dark and grim).

Besides - duvvelsheyss*! I know that it's different in a Battle game, but a Role Playing game is the whole new fairy tale, whole new book, whole new freakin' genre. In a role playing game you might not even care about the illustrations in the manual, it depends on your imagination. Saying you wouldn't want to play a role playing game because of the graphics in the manual is a bit like accusing the Bible for it lead (in a way) to deaths of millions of people.

*How is your venture into Sapkowski's world (and the pronouncation efforts) going? :P

#33 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:18 AM

... even though I'm still trying to determine why "sororitas" is not any kind of proper Latin declension of "soror" that I've ever seen. It should be "sorores" if anything ...

Because it's Warhammer, they don't use Latin, they use "High Gothic".

Edit: But uh, yeah, finishing the unfinished comics would be great. I've already got five volumes of Megatokyo and volume 1 of Gone With the Blastwave, Warbringer would be a great addition to that.

#34 Janitor101

Janitor101

King of Mops

• 908 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

OH MAN. ADDING THIS. If you could make an Enomeg helmet? :o With lights too. As long as it doesn't cost the standard Daft Punk 60,000 dollars.

I've actually been looking into purchasing supplies to create helmets/armor from various sources (Read: Halo, Starcraft and Warhammer 40,000).
If I had the source material and enough high detail images of an Enomeg helmet I could give a shot at sculpting one, though I suspect this would take a very long time to get good. (And lights shouldn't be hard, since it's just LEDs, a battery compartment and a switch.)
So I would probably start simple, maybe sculpting the wrist gauntlet that the energyblade is projected from (Still talking about Enomegs here).

Though I again would require source images to work from.

I'm gonna go shop around for the things I would need to start doing this kind of stuff. *trundles off*

#35 Spartan5511

Spartan5511

That was pretty ninja

• Nova Member
  • 251 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

Scorp, in all honesty, if I had more money I would buy anything from you, but I don't. I like the comics idea and the trading cards, and maybe some new Lego decals. Maybe some new military stuff, or I personally LOVE Lost Planet, but I don't know what your view is on that. The VS mechs would be fun to build though.

Oh well, just my suggestions!
Posted Image

#36 Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Sergeant

• 1,261 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

Shirts. Hats. Beanies. Beanies. Plush toys? Beanies. (WhaT? I love beanies!)

There is no such thing as normal. Especially here.

Posted Image

#37 Moonlight

Moonlight

Leave Luck To Heaven

• Nova Member
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 11:58 AM

I'd actually buy those NR posters in their current form (as concept art). I actually really like that kind of style, with bold colours and not too much detail... and yeah. Ooh, ooh, how about a shirt with: "Enjoy it, if we're stuck here, we might as well enjoy it" printed on the front. As a reference to a certain exchange between a certain pilot and a certain Commander who happened to come back from the dead... *cough*
That would be so totally bought the moment I could scrounge the money.

tumblr_nk2f3wRCMa1si48w3o1_1280.png

#38 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

In 50 years those posters will be novelty items. :P

Comics, definately. Like a comic collection. I loved seeing my cameo in SYWBAA and my character in NR, while short lived, was still cool. :P
Old timer

#39 shatowa

shatowa

Rookie

• 26 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

i would give big bucks for a t-shirt with the saber-scorpion logo symbol thingy
and i would pay even more if you put your autograph on it

PS and yes in a way i worship saber-scorpion
The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. -Abraham lincoln

#40 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 01:13 PM

I would buy posters like Nova Refuge, Wylfgard, and even G4M3 (Buy the way I would pay good money for those). Comic books, art and anything Scorp drew(And Wolfy's art, even though I've never seen anything, I'm sure it's awesome ;) ), yeah I know I must sound like a huge kiss a*s right now but I love Scorp's :wub: art and I one day want to be as good as him one day. One thing I really want is custom decals, you know, you ask Scorp for like a Night Elf(Which I plan to do) or something and tell him how you want it and he makes it, simple. Well it's simple on the random person buying but it may be hard for Scorp, but who knows. Or a combination like combine a Saber Scorpion enomeg decal with a Victorian pilot or something like that, I'm not sure how that would work but you know, it could.
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users