• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

#21 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:07 AM

Also why is the original post like, always shown on every page, it kind of bugs me since some topics OP are really long.

Go into your control panel and set topic display mode to Standard, it'll get rid of that.

#22 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:09 AM

Specifically: My Settings > Forums > View/Posting/E-mail Prefs > Topic Display mode

I have no idea why Linear+ is the default now, but I use it anyway so...

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#23 Kikayoaka

Kikayoaka

There must be some way out of here

• Banned
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:10 AM

Go into your control panel and set topic display mode to Standard, it'll get rid of that.

Thank you thank you.

#24 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:14 AM

May death come quickly to his enemies.[/Morbo]

Kill it with fire!

Well on my screen there's a little white (somewhat less obvious than before) "Edit" button at the bottom of each post. I assume clicking that would be a good start if you have it.

well, my edit button does not appear on the bottom right. Is there a way to fix it?

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#25 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:17 AM

I love the new SSLF. It's so bad.

Eh, I really can't say I like the change. Sure, bigger avatar is kewl, Zero as the moderator is kewl, but all in all, the new look is rather strainful for the eyes and I really don't like it aesthetically. Everything just looks out of place to me.

But hey, I might as well just stop coming there otherwise, so I just gotta own up.

Edited by Deceptus, 30 January 2010 - 07:17 AM.

#26 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Not all who wander are lost.

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:20 AM

Interrogative: is there any way to disable or hide that "Featured Entry" thingy? I've been poking around my settings and I can't find anything.

Rebuke: That is a valuable new feature for making website news clear to forum goers who do not bother to check it! :P Although I admit the font in it is too big and space-consuming for my tastes. I will look for a way to slim it down.

EDIT: Also, I have a suggestion: disable the sand texture in the post display area, it'll make posts easier to read.

You having trouble reading it? Hm. I'll try to make it less contrasty and see if it helps.

Also why is the original post like, always shown on every page, it kind of bugs me since some topics OP are really long.

I'll be honest: That was mainly done so I could put Google ads beneath the first post. It's the only way I could find to do it in IPB.

If any OPs are too long, let me know and I can try to edit them down somehow.

Otherwise, *sigh*, it is possible to go back to the old view. Just go to "My Settings," select "Forums," and change "Topic Display Mode" to "Standard."

well, my edit button does not appear on the bottom right. Is there a way to fix it?

Are you SURE it's not there? Can any other Free members confirm this?

Here's a screenshot to help you find it:
Posted Image

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#27 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:24 AM

Scorp,

It's a funny story, because I was in the middle of editing of my post for the second time, and I suddenly got the message: "SORRY. CAN'T EDIT YOUR OWN POST ANYMORE. GO **** YOURSELF."... or something along these lines. ;) I refreshed to see I'm no longer permitted to edit. I was worried I might have screwed something up.

Oh, and speaking of which, the thing I do like is that animation of Saber-Scorpion avatar being drawn from sketch, in the top-left of the screen. Kinda amazing when I look at it, because I'm completely drawing-illiterate when I could learn it... and on this animation it looks so simple.

#28 Veloranen

Veloranen

I came out of Lurkdom for this?

• 675 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:30 AM

So can we no longer have an off-site avatar? This foreign contraption rebukes my upload attempts.

Posted Image

#29 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:31 AM

It says you can edit your posts in the settings. I'll remove the time restriction. Try it now.

Also, thanks about the banner. I was trying to visually convey my more artistic direction that I want to move the site in. :D

Oh, and Thrawn, I have blurred up the background a bit, which I hope will help. Try refreshing and see if you can read more easily on the sand now. I'm going to use it on the background of my site too, so I want it to be readable.

no remote avatars?

That was done in response to complaints about huuuuuuge animated avatar files slowing down peoples' machines. Try lowering your avatar's file size by making it a jpeg or increasing the compression.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#30 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:36 AM

'Kay, edits are back. :)

#31 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:45 AM

Oh, and Thrawn, I have blurred up the background a bit, which I hope will help. Try refreshing and see if you can read more easily on the sand now. I'm going to use it on the background of my site too, so I want it to be readable.

Much better. I'd still suggest adding a flat tan skin when you get around to adding more skins, though.

#32 Chad

Chad

fallout 4 hype train, choo choo

• 449 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:52 AM

Zero a mod?

u must be trawlin'

WHERE MY XBROS AT

Phae is still my wifey for lifey

#33 Surtur

Surtur

King of the Fire and Flames

• Nova Member
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:52 AM

Okay, I've gotta say, I love this new style, Scorp! I love how it looks a little Middle-Eastern influenced, which I do have an interest in! At first I wasn't sure how the forums were going to turn out, but now I really like 'em! I also cannot wait to see what a twilight-desert theme will look!

And as Deceptus said, I really love the animation banner! I love how it goes from scratch up to the really great artwork in it's completed form. Your art abilities have raised to even greater levels! Anddd... I think thats all I have to say. All-in-all, great job all around!

#34 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

Remember that time you stepped out of the Vault and got blinded by the outside sun? That. This is sooo bright.

Well, I'm adjusting. Can't hate it, that's for sure, cause it's got the awesome Desert theme. However, my only huge complaint is the First Post Reminder thing on every page. It keeps tricking me into thinking I'm at the beginning. :P

giphy.gif

#35 Deceptus

Deceptus

Unwashed Villager

• 818 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:11 AM

Well, I'm adjusting. Can't hate it, that's for sure, cause it's got the awesome Desert theme. However, my only huge complaint is the First Post Reminder thing on every page. It keeps tricking me into thinking I'm at the beginning. :P

My thoughts exactly. xD

#36 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:18 AM

I love what you did with the place Scorp, very pleased with it all. Reminds me of Zygbar, my favorite Nova Refuge Faction. I'll always be a Space Cowboy. :D

Good to be back.

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#37 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

• Webmaster
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:33 AM

Glad to be getting some positive responses now. Thanks guys. I knew this would be a tough sell since it's such a big change, but I believe in it and worked hard on it.

Remember that time you stepped out of the Vault and got blinded by the outside sun? That. This is sooo bright.

About the brightness: I've noticed that on some monitors it looks ridiculously bright. Maegan's LCD, for instance, makes it this really horrid yellow (which she, surprisingly, doesn't seem to mind). All of my computers and Ryan's, however, show it the intended sand color. In other words, try tweaking your monitor's color settings and see if it helps.

The 'first post' issue: See the previous posts in this thread for a fix related to that.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#38 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:46 AM

Bigger avatars: Yay!

Smaller sigs: Booh.

New skin: Meh.

New banner/animation: Yay!

Zero is a Mod: Yay!

Muffo is still not a Mod: Booh.

New freebie icon: Cool.

Potential for a future black skin to be available to free members: ?

Anyway, I'm just really glad that SSLF is back up. I've been so bored, despite all of the Mass Effect 2 and No More Heroes 2-ey goodness I've experienced recently. I'm going to go check if my RP still exists, and then I'm going to start revamping my profile. Yay, Scorp! And congrats, Zero, now you have a license to be mean. :P

Also: Hyperlinks still show up in red, and it's kinda weird looking against this background. Could we get something that contrasts better? And can we get the thingy in our profile that displays location back? I had a lot of fun with that. :P

Edited by Sir_Muffonious, 30 January 2010 - 08:48 AM.

Posted Image

#39 Princess Bacon

Princess Bacon

burn the internet

• Nova Member
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:00 AM

I like the new look, especially the animation (as everyone seems to). Also, its good that personal pictures actually show up somewhere other than only on your profile, there's a reason to have them now.

#40 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:03 AM

Could we get something that contrasts better? And can we get the thingy in our profile that displays location back? I had a lot of fun with that. :P

Last I checked that was still on the profile pages, just not displayed next to posts.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users