• Please log in to reply
524 replies to this topic

#521 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

The only thing that might have my interest is the dragon man.

That pretty much sums it up. Though the mouse the Elephant Girl is holding looks pretty adorable. A few modifications and it could be great Boo for Minsc...

But yeah, what a lackluster series. :( The "guy in a suit" minifigs were probably the ones I most often avoided in the other series, and now there's a whole wave of them...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#522 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

So I might've made a small purchase this weekend at the Lego Store...

dHCkfTj.jpg

cbhOBWE.jpg

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#523 Kampfer

Kampfer

Hard Core Kiwi

• Nova Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:01 PM

Yeah I'm jealous, I've bee eyeing up one of them for a while but the price and the fact I'll have to get it shipped to me has kept my away. It looks like an awesome modal Congrates.

To become old and wise, You must first be young and stupid.

#524 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,849 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

Well, the last great American toy store is closing its doors:

https://www.msn.com/...ID=ansmsnnews11

With Toys-R-Us gone, there are really no toy stores left except the occasional local one struggling to stay afloat.

Then again, TRU was often a ripoff. I don't know if this was the case everywhere, but my local TRU always marked up their LEGO prices about 10% up from the MSRP. They would usually price-match, but why bother when I can just go across the street to Walmart or Target and get the same set for the regular price? Or often get it even cheaper online. Thus dies the toy store. :[

I can't help but feel a little sad, but of course I will be heading to the nearest TRU soon to raid its corpse for clearance discounts. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#525 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:41 PM

Yeah, same here.

My TRU did mark up prices as well, yet I always went back after Christmas because they'd have the newer sets before any other toy store did. I've recently been buying minifig cases from them because no other store near me sells them.

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users