Bionicle

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Gorilla

Gorilla

Pancakes

• 217 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:05 AM

I'm surprised there's no topic for BIONICLE of all things. What else is cooler than a bio mechanical creature? Nothing, except, dinosaurs with lasers...maybe. But back on topic. I just got an all new Bionicle stars (Takanuva), and I must say, I was not disappointed one bit. He's a hyped up versions of the classic, but, he still remains to have that basic feel of building and also looks like the original ones did. So have you guys took a look at them yet?

#2 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:28 AM

I myself, am a bionicle nut. Not meaning to brag here, but I consider myself a bit of an expert. I love the toys, the story, and the books, as well as the online serials and games. I'm not particularly fond of the second and third movies, and I dislike the most recent one. But I did like Mask of Light, if not just cause of nostalgia.

There's my bionicle rant. Sorry bout it, I just love bionicle.

Anyway, on topic of the stars, I have all of them, and like em a lot, though I find it weird they just made them all mini. I still like em though.

Anyone on BZPower?

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#3 Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Darkranger The Spirit Wolf

Sergeant

• 1,261 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:23 AM

Bionicl WAS good. Now, the guys are half a foot taller than the originals. They are to blocky. Stars is terrible. There all like, one piece.

There is no such thing as normal. Especially here.

Posted Image

#4 Xero

Xero

Quad Damage

• Nova Member
  • 4,072 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:50 AM

Original series FTW. Still have my original Tahu assembled. He stands proudly displayed on my computer desk.

#5 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

Yeah. I love the original stuff. 2001-2002 in particular.

#6 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:36 AM

I picked up the Tahu Stars set for nostalgia's sake, it was the first Bionicle set I bought since 2004. I completely lost interest in the line when the story got all convoluted and weird and everything got retconned all to hell. In other words, when it stopped being a story and started to just be an excuse for Lego to pump out newer, flashier sets.

What really irked me was all the changes they made to Makuta. He started off being an awesome villain, then they made him into that weird Anti-Toa thing in the Mask of Light movie, then they changed it so "Makuta" was a title instead of a name, and there were like three different Makutas, and then there was that thing with the "Brotherhood of Makuta"....aaaand that was about the point that the story completely lost me.

If it seems like I'm being weirdly obsessive, well, I was really into Bionicle back in the day. I had almost all the sets, the comics, the games, the books, everything. So my ticked-off-ness about how much it got screwed over is about on par with Scorp's rage over how the prequels destroyed Star Wars. So yeah.

#7 slater474

slater474

Well I, I, want Fly, Fly, on the Wings, Wings of summer

• 827 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 12:12 PM

Bionicle is cool. I was never really one for the story or for the official figures, I just take them apart after a day or so and build something completely different.
Posted Image

#8 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

I have every singlle one of the original Toa, and I totally used to be a Bionical freak. I also have a couple Toa Nueva, but orignal Toa are way better.

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#9 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

What really irked me was all the changes they made to Makuta. He started off being an awesome villain, then they made him into that weird Anti-Toa thing in the Mask of Light movie, then they changed it so "Makuta" was a title instead of a name, and there were like three different Makutas, and then there was that thing with the "Brotherhood of Makuta"....aaaand that was about the point that the story completely lost me.

Thats something that got my goat, too. Although Makuta being this giant guy wasn't as bad as everything leaving Mata Nui in favor of all that other crap.
Old timer

#10 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 07:54 PM

Thats something that got my goat, too. Although Makuta being this giant guy wasn't as bad as everything leaving Mata Nui in favor of all that other crap.

Ages ago, I remember walking into a car boot sale and seeing a plastic tin housing the original Lewa. Seeing as Lewa had been my favourite Nuva, I picked it up that day. It's interesting to see how they became more posable as time went on.

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

#11 Gorilla

Gorilla

Pancakes

• 217 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:19 PM

Okay guys, I only two of the original Toa Mata. So I looked them up on the internet, and they're really expensive! I mean, god, my hopes and dreams of ever having the originals are gone. : (

#12 Exilninja

Exilninja

Monster of the West.

• 1,515 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:47 AM

Because I only got back into Bionicle again, I have to say I was shocked to find a female one, Kiina. I guess they had to release one someday. But now my friends are acting like its some sort of friggin' barbie doll or something.

Love the Skralls. They have the perfect Xenomorph style head for my custom Xeno's. Pwnage.

New_Vegas_Intro_5.gif

#13 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:42 AM

Okay guys, I only two of the original Toa Mata. So I looked them up on the internet, and they're really expensive! I mean, god, my hopes and dreams of ever having the originals are gone. : (

Bricklink has them pretty cheap if you don't mind them being in used condition.

Because I only got back into Bionicle again, I have to say I was shocked to find a female one, Kiina. I guess they had to release one someday.

They've had female ones since the first wave. Gali and Nokama, namely.

#14 Kasab

Kasab

It is pitch black.

• Banned
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 07:24 AM

Bricklink has them pretty cheap if you don't mind them being in used condition.

They've had female ones since the first wave. Gali and Nokama, namely.

I found an original Nokama in prime condition the other day.
The whole line that came after the Nuva stuff was a bit odd, to say the least.
I just didn't understand half of it. Still, the figures were alright, yes?

Inb4nouidiotthatstufffailed

Psst. I no longer come here anymore.

#15 SpartanX41

SpartanX41

Rookie

• 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 12:03 PM

I was a friggin' bionicle FREAK a year ago. I recently snapped out of it, but I must say, Bionicle's story lost me after the morbuzahk and vishorak, or whatever they're called. I just hated the crappy matoran and pirahka sets from Voi nui. Well, it was actually the part where the story line picked me back up, mostly because of the new toa. It was also the first time to have the same team THREE set lines in a row. Metru, Nordika(?), and crap, I forget. Oh no wait, they were featured FOUR times in a row, as the mahari or somein'. That was the most epic, but got screwed with the mini playsets. BLEH! Those, suck worse then BLEY.

Posted Image

I am a Grimm's Army Mercenary -
What are You?

#16 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

Number 1: This topic is long dead. Don't revive it.

Number 2: The Inika (later Mahri) and the Metru (Later Hordika) were two different teams. It was not all one team.

Number 3: They stopped releasing the playsets in 2007.

Number 4: Someone close this...

#17 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

This board's practically dead, reviving topics in here is not that big a deal.

#18 Exilninja

Exilninja

Monster of the West.

• 1,515 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

Yeah, Tacoe, you got told.

New_Vegas_Intro_5.gif

#19 El Taco

El Taco

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:22 AM

*Shrugs* Okay.

#20 Jay Tee

Jay Tee

Jodmas

• 600 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:31 AM

I'm selling my bionicles. Is anyone interested?
Bionicles
Spares
Yes, I'm back! At least try and look happy.
Check out my Sketchbook!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users