• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#41 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Patron
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

The Hobbit House/Low Impact Woodland Home's are so awesome. I could see them making one, like Hagrid's Hut. It opens up, and you get Bilbo, and some bottles, furniture, etc. And a catapult.

giphy.gif

#42 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

Always with a catapult.

Even on the side of a friggin horse:

Posted Image

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#43 Crustacean Freak

Crustacean Freak

Resident VW Enthusiast

• Nova Patron
  • 469 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:50 PM

Always with a catapult.

Even on the side of a friggin horse:

Posted Image

Oh LEGO, you never fail to amuse.

:Flickr
Gypsy King
Celephaïs (Mk 1)

Currently working on: Dustbowl (Novel), 1974 VW Beetle "Crow", Unnamed LEGO Space Freighter

#44 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:52 PM

Oh LEGO, you never fail to amuse.

Totally. :lol:

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#45 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

Oh wow. It looks like some very early preliminary images have surfaced. The final sets will probably look quite different, but these still give a good indication of what each set will be and what minifigs it will include:

Posted Image

Deja vu...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like Helm's Deep IS the biggest set. Hopefully the final products will include more new molded accessories. (as you can see, the cave troll is 100% placeholder at this point) If the final Uruk-Hai have those clunky Castle orc swords, I'mma be very unhappy.

EDIT: Looks like Brickshelf deleted the images from my folder. Huh, didn't know they were that vigilant. I switched the source to the article where I found them.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#46 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:06 AM

Posted Image

Shelob’s Lair?

Spoiler

Edited by Ouflah-la-la, 19 December 2011 - 12:16 AM.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#47 Jethro Turtle

Jethro Turtle

Century Sergeant

• Validating
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

HELM"S DEEP HECK YEA>.
Posted Image

Remeber The Blue Team of JlBlue.

#48 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Patron
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

I'm loving the Uruk Hai army set. There's your army builder one, Scorp.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#49 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:25 AM

My take on the sets... (How do you put spoiler tags, anyways?)

Posted Image
This is an obvious one for LEGO to make... love the new snake piece as a firework! -$7-10
Posted Image
Meh.. I'll probably use the spider to replace the one that came with Hagrid's hut, if I bother to get this set at all... -$15-20
Posted Image
YES. The Uruk-Hai shield looks sweet! As do all of the Rohirrim and Rider- only upset is the Uruk-Hai's swords, for now. Looks like a great army-builder and you could make a pretty big wall with just a few of this set. Also: Dark Tan horse!!! -$20-25
Posted Image
Looks awesome! I still haven't managed to get any of those spiral stair-cases... I only wish it came with Merry and Pippin, especially since they're not anywhere else. -$20-30
Posted Image
Gimili and Legolas! In the same set! AND Boromir! I think I can die now... -$40-50
Posted Image
Gimili and Legolas and ARAGORN all in the same set? Check that, NOW I can die... My only complaint is that it should come with one or two elven archers instead of all five Orcs... I'm simply amazed at how much detail they managed to put into this! My guess is $130, but hopefully it'll only be $100. -$100-130

Also, I believe the wall from the 'Uruk-Hai Attack' or whatever is the same size as the wall in Helm's Deep... Combine those two sets? Multiple of those sets? The idea makes me speechless...

In summary: if ever there were a theme to get all the sets from, this is it.

EDIT: Another possibly epic combination I have to point out is the Mines and the Uruk-Hai Army. Just for Borimir's awesome death scene.

Edited by Jase, 19 December 2011 - 12:34 AM.

#50 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

Well, this may very well be my comeback to buying their products. Also, new horse. Awesome. I thought they would look like jokes, but no, they are very well made even for prototypes.

#51 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Patron
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

Aw man. Uruk-Hai don't have that awesome square machete sword. -_-

But I practically called it. Boy, look at that. Those horses are flexible. :lol:

giphy.gif

#52 Flying Ace

Flying Ace

BWAH!

• Nova Patron
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

Aw man. Uruk-Hai don't have that awesome square machete sword. -_-

But I practically called it. Boy, look at that. Those horses are flexible. :lol:

That you did. That you did...

I am stoked. I play Rohirrim for Games-Workshop's LOTR miniatures so seeing an exact copy in LEGO is just pure AWESOME. I am literally sitting here and going "And I'll take 3 of those, two of that, 6 of them..." I am really impressed with the Uruk Armor, it doesn't look like LEGO is going to go nuts with new moulds and IMO I always imagined the Uruk Hai with more classic armor (I am not saying the movie interpertation was bad, I LOVED that version too).

And the Rohirrim are just so awesome. Hopefully more Rohan-based sets will emerge. :3

Posted Image

#53 Florent

Florent

Poe Dayumeron

• Nova Patron
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

There's always Brickforge for Uruk Hai swords and shileds :P

I was lucky enough to grab about 5 swords and shields in dark gray while they were 50c each. They're currently on all of my Castle Orcs.

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#54 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:54 AM

Wuh, there's Gollum in the Shelod's Lair set... and he looks like a real goblin.

#55 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Patron
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:45 AM

I can tell these are preliminary sets because there's a distinctive lack of catapults in them. I can barely spot 2. I think there are 3 though.

giphy.gif

#56 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:55 AM

Ooooo... I think one of the Nazgul may have the Gladius! His sword looks pointier in general... The goblin on the bottom right of the Mines of Moria seems to have a new head and hair-piece.. I'm not sure. And in the spider-one, Frodo has a rope wrapped around him, like a spider-web!

#57 Florent

Florent

Poe Dayumeron

• Nova Patron
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

So many sets... So little money...

eWjgVRV.gifCv9qYsI.gifWT0zDwa.gif

#58 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:29 AM

Helm's Deep looks pretty gorram cool. If it's a dime under $140 though, I will be shocked.

The Rohohohorrim guys in the Uruk-hai set look interesting too, definitely gonna get that one, at least.

There's a difference between not caring for laws, and thinking it's okay to have sex with underage children.

UBQLqv7.png

#59 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:31 AM

Helm's Deep looks pretty gorram cool. If it's a dime under $140 though, I will be shocked.

I guess I agree, but only if the back structure has some real substance.

#60 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:43 AM

Well I definitely called the weathertop set, even though my version was a lot cooler looking in my head. :rolleyes:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LotR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users