Spider-Man

Your friendly neighborhood...

• 2,027 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:22 AM

I want:

-Helms Deep
-Minas Tirith (Ghosts!)
-Ents
-Elephants! (Idk how Tolkien spelled that..)
-ALL OF THE DWARVES from the Hobbit
-And obviously the whole Fellowship.

They should make, like, $25-30 sets that include the main group from the Hobbit and the trilogy, and nothing else.. Can you imagine...? I suppose even Gimili, Legolas, and Aragon all in one set would be cool enough :o

How much you want to bet that Boromir's shield will be the same as Cap's?

#22 Florent

Florent

Ocelot has liked a post you made in the E3 topic

• Nova Member
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:15 AM

Posted Image

SHUT UP, AND TAKE MY GORRAM MONEY.

ezgif-2-8ff8fb9d1c.gif

#23 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:19 AM

I'm pretty sure Helm's Deep would be the +100 dollar set. That huge, big one that's still nowhere's near as big as it should.

giphy.gif

#24 Darkwoods

Darkwoods

Wubalubadubdub!

• 2,085 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 07:31 AM

Seriously hoping Lego comes out with some awesome Rohan scenery pieces. I could build that Viking longhouse I always dreamed about. Ahh...
Man, I'm so stoked about this. I've always loved Rohan, and I can't wait to see the other kind of things Lego comes out with. I mean, the beacon tower in Minas Tirith is a given, right?

giphy.gif

#25 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

I'm pretty sure Helm's Deep would be the +100 dollar set. That huge, big one that's still nowhere's near as big as it should.

Yeah, but wouldn't it be awesome if they made that (and/or Minas Tirith) as $400-500 sets, like the deathstar? :o

#26 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:51 AM

You'd still only get, like, 11 figures, tops. :lol:

giphy.gif

#27 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

I'm pretty sure if they do the Ring, it'll be in few sets, Aragorn will be affordable at every price, but Gimli and Legolas will be the more expensive sets. Same with Grey Gandalft. Pippin and Merry will be in few and Boromir will be considered rare...

#28 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

• 2,027 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the ring were a round 1 x 1 tile

#29 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:09 AM

Of course it should be. If they actually made some sort of ring or device to put on the minifigure's hand, it'd be weird. Jewelry? Bleh. Or maybe they'll just put it on the minifig, like hanging as a chain on his decal.

In terms of the LOTR-movie-sets, think about it.

4 Hobbits would have to be a big set. Thus, it's most likely divided into something along these lines:

Warg Ambush. 2 Warg-animal-block-creatures, 1 Warg Rider, 2 Heroes. Foliage. Catapult?
Helm's Deep. 129 bucks? 10 figures. Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn, Gandalf, 4 Orcs, 2 Elf Archers. Castle wall. Catapult for sure.
Gandalf's Wagon. Cheaper set. Gandalf. Possibly Frodo? Flick missile fireworks. Catapult?
Oliphant. AT-AT structure. 2-3 minifigures. As in, 1 rider, and 1 enemy. Possibly Legolas? Catapult.
Ent. Merry, Pippin and big old tree thing. Foliage. Catapult?
Mt. Doom. 2 figures, Sam and Frodo. Gimli is a weird Dobby thing I don't count. And a big old spider. No catapult.
Minas is the most expensive. Like, two castle walls and a tower. 11 figures. Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn, Gandalf. 4 Orcs. 1 Ring Wraith on a dragon. 2 Soldiers. Two catapults.

giphy.gif

#30 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

Mt. Doom. 2 figures, Sam and Frodo. Gimli is a weird Dobby thing I don't count. And a big old spider. No catapult.

Sorry, did you mean GOLLUM ? :P

#31 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:51 AM

I think the Ring probably will be a new piece. I mean, it's the One Ring. It's what the movies are all about. A 1x1 round thingy just wouldn't cut it, even if the drew a picture of the ring onto one of the new flat ones. Naw, it'll be a molded ring that they can hold in their hand, but not wear. Like the one in the preview image. I'd be willing to bet on it.

And yeah, I'm really hoping the $100+ set in the first wave will be Helm's Deep. Even if it's a shrunken little Helm's Deep that's not nearly big enough, you can always buy two or three of them and put them together! :D Minas Tirith would be great as a collector's edition set of several hundred dollars only available online. I never bought any of the Star Wars UCS sets, but I'd totally lay down the cash for the friggin' White City.

I hope they release a few little "army builder" sets like the current Star Wars ones (the clone troopers with the speeder bikes, etc.). I want my ten thousand Uruk-Hai.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#32 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:57 AM

I hope they release a few little "army builder" sets like the current Star Wars ones (the clone troopers with the speeder bikes, etc.). I want my ten thousand Uruk-Hai.

They have to. They must. It worked very well with Star Wars, so I hope they keep the same formula of the multisets with various characters. Also Rohirrim horses. Do want armored warhorses.

#33 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:00 AM

Huh. I'm kinda surprised they're actually doing this. I guess this explains why Kingdoms abruptly ended.

I'm not much of a LOTR fan (like, at all) so...eh. Might be some good pieces, but I shudder to think how overpriced the sets are likely to be. (The license is apparently coming from Warner Bros., and we all know how insane the Harry Potter set prices were)

2004-2018

#34 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:33 AM

I'm seriously hoping they take this in the direction you guys are hoping for. But I'm betting it'll be like PoP or PotC. One wave, not very many figs etc.

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#35 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,906 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:39 AM

I suspect there will be at least 2 waves, more like the Indiana Jones sets. The first wave will be based on the LotR trilogy, and the second wave mostly from the new Hobbit movie. And since there's going to be a second Hobbit movie later, the line may well continue beyond that.

Posted Image
"There is always hope."

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#36 Agamemnon

Agamemnon

Don't care

• Nova Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:46 AM

Especially if Warner Bros. are the ones in charge of the IP. I mean seriously, look at how many Harry Potter sets they churned out.

Personally I hope we get a Mirkwood forest set with some dwarves and spiders, and a medium set of Dale with Smaug, Bard, and some dwarves in barrels :P

#37 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:53 AM

I shall remain skeptically optimistic. :P

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#38 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:43 AM

Words do not express how happy this made me!
I see them doing a lot of really cool things with the weapons. I hope they make a nice new mold for Gimli's axe and the wizards staff!
You know they're going to make a "Wizards Tower" set. It'll be a Small, maybe 2-3 story Orthanc that opens up for playability, and include Gandalf, Saruman, the seeing stone and maybe Wormtongue just for fun? That'd be pretty cool.
I'd also like to see them do Amon Sul (weathertop). You'd get all of the hobbits, Aragorn with sword and torch, and maybe two Nazgul? Ooh that makes me excited.

I might just nerd out and start posting what I hope they make as sets for a little while :rolleyes:

#39 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,181 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

If I don't get my hobbit hole heads will roll.

lWZ8e6F.png

#40 Prattitude

Prattitude

I know what things are.

• Nova Patron
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:20 AM

If I don't get my hobbit hole heads will roll.

I feel you.

I almost... ALMOST wish that they weren't making Lotr Legos, only because there's so much they could do, and I know they're probably not going to be able to cover all of it.
But I'm totally going to buy every single set! I needs me some elves, orcs, and rohirrim pwetty pwease!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LotR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users