224 replies to this topic

#1 Agamemnon

Agamemnon

Don't care

• Nova Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

So yeah, it's gonna happen.

Kind of wishing LEGO had done this a few years back when I was still big into the hobby, but oh well. So, whatcha think will be in the first batch of sets?

#2 Jociva Flcol

Jociva Flcol

Pronounced Jo-siv-ah Flh-call. He is a ninja. 0.0

• Nova Member
  • 4,334 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

Will they make an actual ring, or will it be a gold 1x1 round piece? :P

serenitysig.png

Click the Picture, you know you want to ;)

#3 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#4 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

That's the most appropriate GIF for this news. Really. :P

So... That means they'll probably do a LEGO LotR game where you can play as every characters ever? BECAUSE WE NEED TO.

#5 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:49 PM

I agree, Wolfy.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Edited by Ouflah-la-la, 15 December 2011 - 11:51 PM.

gTAoKX.gif
Oh no, it's Sauron! Act natural!

#6 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

THERE IS NO GIF ENTHUSIASTIC ENOUGH TO EXPRESS MY EXCITEMENT!

LEGO, just take all of my money right now. I'll take 6 of each set.

Oh fine, here's a gif:
Posted Image

(I am seriously stoked about this; I've been waiting for it to happen forever)

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#7 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

With great chances they'll be very accurate to the aesthetic of the movies... Which would mean an awesome Gimli and Aragorn... And Gandalf. :D

#8 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:59 PM

The only complaint I have right now is that Smaug is gonna look ridiculous and most likely designed around that Ninjago look of a big head, little body and just bad features. :/

Here's hoping for some new swords, cool characters and interesting ideas.

giphy.gif

#9 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

Star Wars took over the Space sets back in its prime, and we've had some great sets. Now LotR... Would it take over the Castle lines? I do hope it does in some ways...

#10 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

Yeah, it sounds like they're going to be based on the films. Which is fine with me, because say what you will about their other faults, the movies did a great job of visualizing Middle Earth.

Oh, and there will almost certainly be video game. LEGO has been tying the games more closely with the sets for a while now. They're coming out with a "LEGO Batman II: Superheroes" to go with the DC Comics line. The question is whether they'll put the LotR trilogy and the Hobbit in the same game or split them. I don't really care; I'm buying them all either way.

I can't wait to see what kind of sets and accessories they come up with. I have so many ideas that they couldn't possibly do them all. Rohirrim! Elves! Easterlings! Uruk-hai! Moria goblins! ARGH I'M GETTING MY HOPES TOO HIGH!

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#11 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:08 AM

Trolls. God****** cave Trolls.

And great job visualizing? Heck! With few green screen. New-Zeland is Middle-Earth!

Also that would mean viking-looking pieces, the Rohan were pretty much Vikings with horses.

Also, going with LEGO's sets mentality, we may get Ent vs Orcs or the huge battering ram vs Minas Tirith's door.

... Nazgul's Fell Beasts... :shock: 12 hours of movies, there are going to be lots of sets.

Edited by The unknown, 16 December 2011 - 12:11 AM.

#12 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

The only complaint I have right now is that Smaug is gonna look ridiculous and most likely designed around that Ninjago look of a big head, little body and just bad features. :/

Here's hoping they don't make Smog out of all Bionicle pieces...

gTAoKX.gif

#13 Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Dr. Dood von Doodstormer

Bane of Anarchy

• Nova Member
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:36 AM

Considering it's all going to be based off the movies, Smaug most likely won't exist as a set until near the second movie's release, and will be based off the one in the movie however it appears. Like that one Harry Potter set where apparently they had an actual sport where there's just a dragon lying about on the field.

Posted Image

"As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy." - Christopher Dawson

#14 Wiffleball

Wiffleball

Special Operations

• Nova Member
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

Here's hoping they don't make Smog out of all Bionicle pieces...

Here's to hoping they spell his name right :P

But yeah, this is aweomse, but I'm still cautious. When Lego made Pirates, they made them all cartoony and gross. I remmeber fondly to when me and my broskie would custom-make the entire party of LoTR. ONE EACH! We each had our own Aragon, Frodo, nine Black Riders, Gandalf, the lot of them. We would combine them wit other movie/book characters and make about a 50 man strong adventuring party and build landscapes and dungeons that were literally several meters square and up to four feet tall.

Oh the memories. :wub: Here's to hoping that Lego does LoTR right and doesn't just decal slap scenery and give us a bunch of cartoony hairstyles and the lot.

#15 Oufy

Oufy

Hey everyone.

• Nova Member
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

Here's to hoping they spell his name right :P

DID I SPELL SMAUG WRONG??? AHHHHHHH GOD HELP ME!!!!!!!!

gTAoKX.gif

#16 Lightning Bolt

Lightning Bolt

Federal Bureau of Interestingness

• Nova Patron
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

Posted Image
Whoa...

Oh man... I haven't been buying LEGOs much at all lately... but I can't resist this. Precious...

This is most excellent.

#17 Guest_Jethro Turtle_*

Guest_Jethro Turtle_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

Ok...So Uh Lego, When are ya making Helms Deep, Yeah I want that first...K Bye...

Cool Story Bro...

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME... :patties: Anyone want to join in the Green Dragon INN FOR THIS ANOUNCEMENT...DRINKS ARE ON ME..... :patties:

#18 The Arbiter

The Arbiter

Arby

• Nova Member
  • 10,738 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:32 AM

The question is whether they'll put the LotR trilogy and the Hobbit in the same game or split them. I don't really care; I'm buying them all either way.

Harry Potter put 4 on one disc, while Star Wars was originally just 3 on one. Indiana Jones 1 was 3 movies on one disc, but IJ2 was 4 movies, spaced out awfully into something around...6? 1 hub for the first 3, then like, 3 hubs for the fourth movie. So, anything is possible.

giphy.gif

#19 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

Wait, lego men don't even have fingers.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#20 Azoth

Azoth

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

• 1,314 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

This is quite amazing and I'm sure it'll get a crap load of sales.

Too bad I've been done with LEGO for like, 4 years.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LotR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users