NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Fresh start

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:32 AM

POPULAR

Greetings, earthclan.

There's a new year coming. 2019, and all that. Would anyone like to see a new Errant campaign, continue the current one that I've left dead for far too long, or... what?

Just getting some quick opinions and gauging interest levels for the time being. Discuss. :P

I have plans for a new patch and lots of changes and updates very soon, as well.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,364 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:51 AM

It's been waaaaay too long since I've posted in here but it's never too late to come back! I think. Maybe. Who knows? :P

I'm down for a fresh start, anyway.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#3 DragonJedi

DragonJedi

"Dead-Eye Jargon"

• Nova Member
  • 452 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:00 PM

Now that Ive gotten into the swing of college life, I think this is a great idea and Id love to take part in it. I think a new, fresh campaign may be the best route to take, but I can only speak for what would work best for me.

#4 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,495 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:57 PM

Fresh start or continuation, I'll help wherever I can.  Personally I'd prefer to pick up where we left off, but doubt many others would share my sentiment.

sml_gallery_15330_272_21744.jpg

Above image created by Saber-Scorpion and meme'd by me.

Profile picture created by and commissioned from: https://saph-y.tumblr.com/

#5 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

I'm down for anything Errant honestly. While I'd like to continue the campaign we started, I think it'd be better for us to have a fresh start.

#6 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 06:25 PM

I'm leaning toward a fresh start, myself. Despite how many plans were underway for the current campaign, I can't really say I ever got into it as much as I wanted to. I want to aim for something simpler, whenever I restart this.

Feel free to throw around some preferences and ideas in terms of who/what you'd like to play as/do/where/etc. Here, on the SSLF discord, or both.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#7 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Highlord of Aurora

• Nova Member
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 08:59 PM

Sure, a fresh start sounds great.
Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:17 PM

Oh hey, look at that;

itsalive.jpg

Seeing as I am too, I'd be up for something---leaning towards a fresh start, as seems to be the majority opinion.

As I think I've mentioned in the past, I could go for something relatively low monsters/magic. Maybe something following a group of imperial knights/soldiers? And/or something dealing with the skirmishes/wars between the Empire and the northern tribes (from either side).

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#9 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,495 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:52 AM

That sounds fun, Sareth!  Something lower in fantasy and higher in conflict could be just the experience we need.

Did you envision separate player parties for Imperials and Nordlings, or a campaign that focus more exclusively on one or the other?  Either option could be enjoyable, though I'd be worried if the campaign ever turned into Errant's first PVP experience, because that'd be...difficult...to control, in my mind at least.

Exploring other Imperial orders or the Legions with new characters would be fun, it's about time I started playing outside my beloved Inquisition. *indignant, muffled yelling emits from a nearby rug*

#10 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,196 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

Something I'd kind of like to do is a campaign focusing on the Chaos Races. Maybe some sort of mission where they have to foil Imperial attempts to invade their territory and get rid of them?

#11 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:12 PM

Did you envision separate player parties for Imperials and Nordlings, or a campaign that focus more exclusively on one or the other?  Either option could be enjoyable, though I'd be worried if the campaign ever turned into Errant's first PVP experience, because that'd be...difficult...to control, in my mind at least.

Exploring other Imperial orders or the Legions with new characters would be fun, it's about time I started playing outside my beloved Inquisition. *indignant, muffled yelling emits from a nearby rug*

I meant focusing on one OR the other. Since part of my thinking was to have a (at least relatively) cohesive, goal-oriented group of characters. Having two opposing parties of players would be... pretty much the polar opposite of that. :lol:

(Also: Yeesh. I hope you at least put air-holes in that rug...)

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#12 Poetic

Poetic

Keeper of Secrets

• Nova Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:05 PM

I think Sareth has the right idea, one group of adventurers (Im digging the group of Imperial soldiers idea) who have a clear goal or destination in mind.

All in all, Im quite happy we have people who still want to bring this back. I cant wait to see how this all goes.

64a00586gw1emine46g7pg209q05gu0z.gif

​"Keep running."

#13 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,495 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

I meant focusing on one OR the other. Since part of my thinking was to have a (at least relatively) cohesive, goal-oriented group of characters. Having two opposing parties of players would be... pretty much the polar opposite of that. :lol:

(Also: Yeesh. I hope you at least put air-holes in that rug...)

Splendid!  I appreciate the clarification.

Don't you worry, it's more of a "hide the emblems so Cappy doesn't replay or make yet another Inquisitor character" matter than anything else.  Marcus can breathe just fine down there where I've swept him, isn't that right?

.............Marcus?........Buddy?.........Isn't that right?.....

He's probably just being dramatic so I'll lift the rug to check on him.  <.<   >.>  Probably.

I think Sareth has the right idea, one group of adventurers (Im digging the group of Imperial soldiers idea) who have a clear goal or destination in mind.

All in all, Im quite happy we have people who still want to bring this back. I cant wait to see how this all goes.

Glad to hear it!  The motion for an Imperial forces campaign has been seconded, are there any other proposals?  Sephsekla mentioned on Discord that he also likes Sareth's idea, and also proposed a short puzzle campaign, like a murder-mystery he recently played elsewhere.  I don't have anything like that formulated, but Mav just might!  And if it's as fun as the haunted mansion mystery from Errant's veeerrry early days, then you just know it'll be one to remember.

#14 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 09:20 PM

Sephsekla mentioned on Discord that he also likes Sareth's idea, and also proposed a short puzzle campaign, like a murder-mystery he recently played elsewhere.  I don't have anything like that formulated, but Mav just might!  And if it's as fun as the haunted mansion mystery from Errant's veeerrry early days, then you just know it'll be one to remember.

A puzzle campaign? Well, I suppose that could potentially be interesting. But what I was thinking of was more the Wulfgard equivalent of a war movie (Saving Squire Reggie? :P ).

Posted Image

#15 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Silently judging you

• 1,495 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

Saving Squire Reggie is now my headcanon name for the campaign, even if there's no rescue or recovery involved.  XD

Yeah, the puzzle/murder mystery thing might be saved until later, either with our Imperial troops or fresh characters.  I intend to have quite a few puzzles and mysteries in this other campaign I've been working on to reunite Team Voros, but please don't hold your breath on that, as it's still laughably unfinished.

#16 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

To defeat an enemy, you must know them.

• 5,123 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

I might like to play one Wulfgard RP for some time, but I have still the same problem, but maybe I found a solution, but I need a help from someone else. It may sound really strange, but I need someone to make me a character. :)

Lestatsig_zps1b2b3b76.png

#17 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Member
  • 720 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

If you still need a hand then I'm happy to help out, character creation is one of my favourite things.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#18 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,123 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:53 PM

If you still need a hand then I'm happy to help out, character creation is one of my favourite things.

Thats what I need :) Because I have one problem with Wulfgard. It seems to me very restrictive in its variability. My ideas for characters simply either are falling outside the Wulfgard's boundaries, as I have found out, or I cannot simply choose. Also its that I am not knowledgeable enough about the setting. And its ironic, but "generic characters" I cannot think of as they are "too generic" :D But I will be fine if I will be playing with a character that someone else created. Its in technicality the same as playing a video game most of the time. I may just alter the name, maybe slightily an appearance, but not much else. Maybe just... only limitation I may place, I dont want it to be from the North. They are... really not my liking at all.

#19 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 02:22 PM

Thats what I need :) Because I have one problem with Wulfgard. It seems to me very restrictive in its variability. My ideas for characters simply either are falling outside the Wulfgard's boundaries, as I have found out, or I cannot simply choose. Also its that I am not knowledgeable enough about the setting. And its ironic, but "generic characters" I cannot think of as they are "too generic" :D But I will be fine if I will be playing with a character that someone else created. Its in technicality the same as playing a video game most of the time. I may just alter the name, maybe slightily an appearance, but not much else. Maybe just... only limitation I may place, I dont want it to be from the North. They are... really not my liking at all.

I've often found that "generic" is a term used by those who don't get to know the deeper nuances of characters who, in their outward physical appearance, feel too "familiar." It's pretty easily conquered by anyone willing to go past skin deep. ;)

If you think you are falling outside the boundaries, you could always just ask me. :shrug: I generally try to put restrictions on certain campaigns in order to bolster party cohesiveness, but one of the purposes of Errant when it was originally created was to allow for full creative freedom. You can be a human, elf, dwarf, beastman, any of the Chaos races, etc. - you could even play as a hyper-intelligent animal by being someone's familiar spirit. There are far more possibilities than I think you're giving the setting credit for.

As for a new campaign in itself, I guess I'll get a poll going soon based on some of the suggestions I've seen here, so that I can get a feel what everyone would like to do next. A poll would more clearly define what we'll be doing next. :P

Thanks for the interest again, guys. :D I've been running on low steam lately, but I really want to get something going again because I hate to abandon such great players.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#20 V.Metalic

V.Metalic

• 5,123 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

I've often found that "generic" is a term used by those who don't get to know the deeper nuances of characters who, in their outward physical appearance, feel too "familiar." It's pretty easily conquered by anyone willing to go past skin deep. ;)

If you think you are falling outside the boundaries, you could always just ask me. :shrug: I generally try to put restrictions on certain campaigns in order to bolster party cohesiveness, but one of the purposes of Errant when it was originally created was to allow for full creative freedom. You can be a human, elf, dwarf, beastman, any of the Chaos races, etc. - you could even play as a hyper-intelligent animal by being someone's familiar spirit. There are far more possibilities than I think you're giving the setting credit for.

As for a new campaign in itself, I guess I'll get a poll going soon based on some of the suggestions I've seen here, so that I can get a feel what everyone would like to do next. A poll would more clearly define what we'll be doing next. :P

Thanks for the interest again, guys. :D I've been running on low steam lately, but I really want to get something going again because I hate to abandon such great players.

Maybe you are right. Its more that I am not familiar enough. Its probabyl becuase of the few things that i recall which ma ynot be accurate. Empire = xenophobes -> not much non-human races in the Imperial domains. But I still stand by the thing that I cannot make "generic character". I cannot have a normal human. Always I must have something unusual, as I was reading your reply one of two ideas were actually based on species for my own thing, a octopii-like race, and a rabbit-like race, which I was at the time inspired by Rabbit of Caerbannog :D

I cannot think "normal", which I actually want to play as. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users