• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

This is the OOC topic for Awakening. This thread contains the rules of the RP, a quick reference sheet for all the characters, and conversations about what's going on.

RULES

Obviously, the RP runs on the usual Adrift rules, but here are a few other things...

This RP has a lot of mystery and exploration elements, so be sure to look around and investigate things, and pay attention to your environment, as you'll be moving through different areas. Interact with objects of interest in your environments; they're probably important to the story.

I'm leaving things more open, but when it comes to combat, general Adrift rules apply. In combat, take only one action at a time. Always assume an enemy (or enemies) aren't cannon fodder unless I state otherwise. If you're allowed to instantly kill something in your post, I'll say so in the DM post. Otherwise, always assume you cannot.

If you receive a PM about this campaign, chances are it'll be in-character (I'll state otherwise if it isn't). I'll be PMing people information that only they are privy to, and it's their choice whether or not to share it with their fellow players (and how they choose to share it). I may also have some interactions via PMs, so that players are not privy to those private interactions, either (if this happens, I'll specify this too, and if the conversation gets interrupted in-game the PM chain gets interrupted, too).

For these private convos, I'll mostly only do it for important things, so it's not always going to happen. If you want to keep something in-character secretive and drag one of my NPCs off to some private place, feel free to do so and then you can begin the PM chain. However, in-character PMing between players isn't permitted unless I'm also in the PM conversation (as DM, I have to know everything to give everyone the best experience).

Again, this shouldn't be used often, as all players should be included when at all possible.

There will be no group penalties for people not posting, but your individual character may be punished if you suddenly stop posting without warning. All I'm asking is a quick message on Skype or Battle.net or something and/or just a PM, to let me know you won't be posting anymore and/or for a certain period of time. If you get behind and want to catch up, just PM me and I can get you up to speed so you can get back in the game. But please let me know if you aren't going to be posting, for whatever reason. I won't be offended (unless maybe you're rude enough to not give me some kind of heads-up that you aren't going to post anymore :P).

QUICK REFERENCE CHARACTER SHEETS

Sofia Martinez-Rivera (Klaykid) - Human (Zygbari) - Grimm's Army - Agility - Hacker, Stealth, Cybernetics

Inventory:

Spoiler

Kit Varsiti (Burger Warrior) - Human - Victory - Intelligence - Engineer, Hacker, Codex

Inventory:

Spoiler

Kragzek (Burger Warrior) - Mahlok - Grimm's Army - Strength - Pyromaniac, Intimidation, Heavy Metal

Inventory:

Spoiler

Kimberly "KO" Ocelot (Hawk) - Wrognoth - Grimm's Army - Strength - Apex Predator, Acrobatics, Shaman

Inventory:

Spoiler

Saljen Valkairen (Sareth) - Sarran - Yavakaro - Strength - Heavy Metal, Soldier, Acrobatics

Inventory:

Spoiler

Tarquinn Superbus (Dalton Westmoore) - Human - Grimm's Army - Agility - Soldier, Top Gun, Cybernetics

Inventory:

Spoiler

Warrant Officer Federico "Rico" Capulet (Lord_Capulet) - Human (Victorian) - Victory - Intelligence - Top Gun, Lucky Lu-Lu, Soldier

Inventory:

Spoiler

Lieutenant Cayden Warmann (V.Metalic) - Human - Victory - Intelligence - Cowboy, Charisma, Top Gun

Inventory:

Spoiler

Kaori Kuribayashi (Ambad) - Human - Yavakaro - Agility - Knight, Stealth, Cybernetics

Inventory:

Spoiler

Syryn Asvasty (Burger Warrior) - Kaasnyshk (3" tall spider-person) - Victory - Intelligence - Medic, Engineer, Stealth

Inventory:

Spoiler

Rhys Hansard (DragonJedi) - Human (Zygbari) - Grimm's Army - Agility - Cowboy, Charisma, Lucky Lu-Lu

Inventory:

Spoiler

Valmak (DragonJedi) - Slashrim (stage 3) - Grimm's Army - Intelligence - Knight, Diplomacy, Cybernetics

Inventory:

Spoiler

NPC COMPANIONS

Reference sheets for the NPC companions are hidden to provide less specificity about certain aspects. Otherwise, all NPC companions for this campaign can be found in this topic. This includes physical descriptions.

Current NPC Companions:

Agent Levi Novak

"Hancock"

Jak

NOTE: For the start of the RP, bear in mind that Adrift works based on the Zone system, rather than one big RP megathread. Therefore, if you're in Victory/Yavakaro, be sure to go to the topic "ZONE - The Odyssey," and if you're part of Grimm's Army, go to the topic "ZONE - Devil Dog." Not all players are currently in the same zone, though you will be after introductions.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

You're welcome.

• 1,342 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:47 PM

Huzzah, can't wait to get started on this one!

Lol, I just noticed that both me and Sareth have equipped our characters with energy shields.  Just curious, what color, size and shape did you go for?  I figured mine would be the blue scutum style rectangle that appeared in the comic.

Moana-disney-princess-39692805-268-140.g

"We keep our Island in our mind
And when it's time to find home
We know the way"

#3 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Patron
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

Just curious, what color, size and shape did you go for?  I figured mine would be the blue scutum style rectangle that appeared in the comic.

Simple round disk shape, like in the picture I linked to in my signup. But also blue... or maybe like a darker blue-violet color that looks like it's about to vanish off the ultraviolet edge of the spectrum.

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#4 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

You're welcome.

• 1,342 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

Neat!  Yeah, the link didn't come through in here, but I was able to see what you meant in your original signup post.  Of course, that happened AFTER I asked and you answered, but it happens.  Thank you for your answer, I just couldn't help but wonder.

We know the way"

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

Sure is quiet in here, ya'll. :P

Tossing up a reply to ya, Burgs. I'll have Jak do something in the Grimm group, if no one else replies sometime before next week.

By the way, I'm currently working hard on an official Nova Refuge wiki. I've got it installed, but I'm still moving over most of the articles and I haven't skinned it yet. If you want to browse it as I work on it (I'm hoping to get at least a few articles revised, cleaned up, and transferred from the wikia every day I can), you can find it here. So far, I've made all of the current Factions and Species articles, but not more than that.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Patron
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

:blink:

:shock:

I... uh... I actually hadn't realized this had started.

*panics*

.... I'll get right on that. 

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#7 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

But where's my helmet at, though

• Nova Patron
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

I'll post once you sign up for my non-Wulfgard RP.

If you've got time to revamp a Wiki, then you have time to write a simple sign-up sheet. ;)

#8 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Patron
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

Working on a post.

But.... Is it just me, or has Ambad's char. become so ninja that she's literally disappeared from the sign-ups topic?  :ninja:  :P

Did Ambad drop out, or something?  :huh:

Also:

I'll post once you sign up for my non-Wulfgard RP. 

Uh, Dalton, word to the wise: I'm pretty sure it's a bad idea to try to extort the DM. That's how you find your char. suddenly floating through deep space... without a spacesuit.  :lol:

Posted Image

#9 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

But.... Is it just me, or has Ambad's char. become so ninja that she's literally disappeared from the sign-ups topic?  :ninja:  :P

Technically, no, he didn't drop out. But then again, he didn't technically drop out of Errant, either, and I don't think we'll ever see him in that again. He's busy right now, but maybe he'll start posting in here some after the weekend, since he prefers sci-fi to fantasy. Not sure.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#10 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

It's time to...

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#11 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:02 PM

Due to my job I wont be able to post 'till next week. I will have my phone on me, so I'm able to access the internet. But my posting abilities will be limited to my phone. I doubt I can get a meaningful post using that tiny thing. I can definitely try, but don't expect much. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Talk about awful timing.

But after next week there is nothing dramatic on my schedule. So I can devote my free time to the RP :D

gdV21HZ.gif

#12 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

You're welcome.

• 1,342 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:56 PM

Working on a post.

I was wondering about that myself, thank you for pointing that out!  I thought he'd just deleted his original post, or I had imagined it or something.

Due to my job I wont be able to post 'till next week. I will have my phone on me, so I'm able to access the internet. But my posting abilities will be limited to my phone. I doubt I can get a meaningful post using that tiny thing. I can definitely try, but don't expect much. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. Talk about awful timing.

But after next week there is nothing dramatic on my schedule. So I can devote my free time to the RP :D

Yep, I've been there, too.  Unless you've got a really good phone, all the scrolling for a proper proofread and the inability to format like you want made the whole ordeal not really worth the effort for me.  

We know the way"

#13 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:23 AM

I'm actually super busy this week, anyway, and since interactions are still going on (and some players haven't posted yet [namely Ambad]), I'm going to continue letting this go for a bit. I'll post some warning in here before I toss my DM post up, so that hopefully people can finish any lingering interactions before then, as well.

And I will also post again soon, myself, since I also have some interactions hanging. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#14 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

Another head's up (last minute things keep popping up). I'm slated to be back in the field tomorrow and I should be back Saturday. After Saturday, the next time I will be back is Thursday if everything goes according to plan (it never does). But for now, I'm home today =D

gdV21HZ.gif

#15 Klaykid

Klaykid

• Nova Patron
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

Another head's up (last minute things keep popping up). I'm slated to be back in the field tomorrow and I should be back Saturday. After Saturday, the next time I will be back is Thursday if everything goes according to plan (it never does). But for now, I'm home today =D

gdV21HZ.gif

#16 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Patron
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong Burger...but are you challenging me to a flex-off?

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#17 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Patron
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

What does it... hnnnggg... look like?! D:<

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#18 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

Due to some complications in my life, I'm sorry to say that I'm going to have to put this campaign on hold. I guess I'm finally breaking my record of never putting any Errant campaign on hiatus, but does it still count if it's Adrift? :P

In all seriousness, I apologize deeply for this, and I really hate to do this in Adrift's very first campaign. But I simply cannot muster up the time or inspiration to continue working on this at the moment. I'll do what I can to have this campaign resume as soon as possible, however. I appreciate everyone's interest in signing up.

Thanks for your patience.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#19 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Patron
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:31 AM

Wait... Awakening is an NR RP?! Why did I never see that?!

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users