• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

All the rules from the Code of Conduct still apply here, of course, but this is a list of rules specific to this board.

1. POST IMAGES, but KEEP THEM SMALL!
One thing I don't like seeing is an MOC topic with no images. If you don't have photos, don't post a thread just to say "I've built this really cool creation but haven't taken photos yet." Wait until you have the photos; THEN post the topic.

However, keep your photos SMALL! Try to make sure they are no wider than 900 pixels; around 700 or 800 works well, or even smaller if you want. But if they stretch the screen sideways and create a side-scroll bar, your topic might just be deleted. There are plenty of programs and websites out there that will resize your images, but if you're too lazy to size them down, then you may link to them, but not post them directly in your thread.

2. Take Criticism Well, and Give Good Criticism!
If someone criticizes your MOC, don't take it personally. Most likely, they are just trying to help you improve your creation and your building skills. Sometimes you will recieve a mostly negative response, or even a suggestion to scrap the model and start over. Just don't get too mad over it.

On the other hand, this is NOT an invitation to trash people's MOCs. When criticizing a builder's MOCs, try to:

- Make your feedback constructive! If you don't like an MOC, at least point out things to improve.
- Always say WHY you like or don't like something. Go into detail; don't just say "Great!" or "Eh."
- Avoid getting personal; this is a place for criticizing MOCs, not people!
- Remember to encourage improvement rather than discourage building entirely!

If you overreact to criticism or give criticism that is overly harsh, it could cross over into the realm of flaming and earn you a warn. So play nice.

-Scorp
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#2 Joker

Joker

=333

• Nova Patron
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:48 AM

For some reason I can't edit this thing but there's one thing I've been meaning to say for a long time now,

<b>THANKS = SPAM</b>
If you make a MOC topic and you get some good comments, don't reply with a simple "thanks" because that's 100% spam. People will know that you are grateful even if you don't reply back, instead if you want to thank people, take some of the criticism (which I hope you get, otherwise that'd be spam too) and reply to it and then include a "thanks" to the people you want to thank.

Hopefully at least one person will read this post and make this forum a little bit less spammy.

<b>UNCONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM</b>
Unconstructive criticism is now very warnable since it's spam. It also raises post count which is the more reason why people flood the forums with meaningless posts. And no, posting a score and following it up with

"Whoa thats awesome i luv it!!"

is not a good way to go around the rules. If you post a good score for something, SAY WHY YOU LIKE IT. If you post a lower score number, SAY WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE. Just be sure to say something.

#3 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:57 AM

Recently we've been having a lot of members hotlinking (placing the image in [img] tags) gigantic images in their topics. I'd just like to remind everyone that the maximum image size for hotlinking is 1024x768 pixels. If you don't know how to resize your images, or just don't want to bother, then please just post the links to the images.

Thank you for your cooperation.

There's a difference between not caring for laws, and thinking it's okay to have sex with underage children.

UBQLqv7.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users