Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:29 PM

POPULAR

Today's a short post...

So let's DO IT!!!

MINIFIG TIME!!!

27330265717_aee1babbb8_z.jpg

Aria Vae, High Priestess of the Holy Blade

27330265677_9d2629aa5f_z.jpg

As usual, let's cover the custom bits. First off, decals by Saber-Scorpion! Been meaning to order a set of these for a while. For those who don't know, they are based off of the Destiny 1 exotic chest piece, Heart of the Praxic Fire. The arms were based off of the Y1 Iron Banner Warlock set. Moving along, the loincloth is from Arealight Customs, the coat is from CapeMadness, and the gun is a prototype Brickarms Fusion Rifle. Yeah, that thing still isn't out, and it was made almost four years ago!

So, here Nightstalker goes again with this Order of the Holy Blade junk again. Aria is the leader of the Holy Blade. If her last name seems familiar it's because she's Fenix's super great descendant. Apart from being Champion of Leik, Aria also possesses the full power of the Dark Maiden. "Hey wait, up! Doesn't that mean she's..." Yep you guessed it, she's also related to Saleena Fale. I'll let you work that one out. Anywho, that witch/magic side of her can be seen by the distinct purple highlights in her hair. While I won't give away the story of how she got to this position, I will say that she is commonly referred to as, "The Last Light." 

42201371221_32f7748df6_z.jpg

Nobleman Dalton (left) and Amanon (your other left).

Somehow recorded by a member of the FFA...

Arena Herald: "Sir, I've got good news!"

Arena Master: "We finally became sell outs!?"

AH: "Uh... no... we got a pre-order and another combatant!"

AM: "FANTASTIC!!! Another suck... I mean, another patron of our fine establishment! Who are they now?"

AH: "We've got Nobleman Dalton, who happens to be sponsoring this combatant, Amanon."

AM: "Never heard of either of 'em!"

AH: "I think Amanon slew a dark lord..."

AM: "Listen, I'll believe it when I see it in the arena. Do you know how many people claim they killed this and that..."

AH: "I mean, there was a cool mural of him in a newspaper..."

AM: "Whatever, just make sure they both get here safely! And that Nobleman better be rich! We don't let beggars and vagabonds in!"

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:40 PM

42201371221_32f7748df6_z.jpg

Nobleman Dalton (left) and Amanon (your other left).

The wait was worth it. Both of these are awesome! I didn't notice the fact he had the wrong axe until you pointed it out. :D

I can't wait until they show up in the build/get abused in Fantasy Funnies.

#83 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 06:37 PM

Hey! Guess what?

*crickets chirp*

MINIFIG TIME!!!

40546380490_afa4291aef_z.jpg

Gavra Ulox, Nightmare Warlock

40546381380_59271fbff3_z.jpg

Today's cool pieces are brought to you by Arealight Customs.

Gavra is one of the few demons currently serving Aka's Wrath. "Uh, what the heck is Aka's Wrath?" Glad you asked inner monologue! Aka's Wrath is the name of a rebel faction in the Extraho-Sol. They are made of some demons, but mostly half-demons. Initially, they formed as a group of outcasts from the Empire. These outcasts suffered under the Emperor and sought to better themselves. However, in order to oppose his might, they made a pact with several, exiled Nightmare demons. The result led to the creation of many half-demons. The first of these half-demons was Aka Misura, who still leads them. 

With that out of the way, lets talk about Gavra. So, she use to be a member of the Demon King's court. However, her ambitions led her to join a coup against the King. Yeah, that didn't end so well. The King promptly crushed the coup, and expelled the leaders to the realm of mortals. Having no where else to go, she traveled to the East, where she made the acquaintance of several other demons and Aka. Her, along with the other demons agreed to train the outcasts in the Dark Arts, which eventually led to the halfies. 

Currently, she still stands as one of the head demons in Aka's Wrath.

[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1735/40546382520_887569dac6_z.jpg[/img

Mitzu, The Wandering Blade

40546383190_fe4e9e8f30_z.jpg

Katana is from BrickWarriors. The decal is from Saber-Scorpion. It is the FFXIV Myochin Gear for Samurai:

18132de075f686022daa09c6989982c157a48ddf

Mitzu is a wandering swordsman. His full name is Mitzu Hyu, and he was a member of the Swordmaster Legion. He almost achieved the title of Grand Master, but left it when he grew tired of killing in the name of the Emperor. A chance encounter with a young slave girl made him pick up the sword once more, but this time in the name of defending others.

27483786997_6be7ddbb14_z.jpg

Prince Acrus Lyssan, The Stormblade

27483788307_10ae1a6f25_z.jpg

27483791147_ff65280f0e_z.jpg

I can't tell you how much I've tweaked this guy...

Katanas are from BrickWarriors, bracers and loincloth are from AreaLight, and the waist cloth is from CapeMadness.

Stormblade is the long lost cousin of my sigfig Orion Talon. More importantly, he's the prince to a long, lost elven empire in the Champions Realm. His primary weapon is a set of katanas, each containing a different elemental effect. The large object he carries with him is nothing more than a high tech sheath.

So let me sum up his backstory real quickly. Stormblade is a super elf. He's significantly taller, stronger, and faster than any other elf. His affinity for magic is also greater. He's also kind of crazy about fighting strong things to test his strength. This is further driven by his ability to empower himself for slaying strong beings. This has also led him to look down upon those he deems lesser. Again, I'd dive more into his story, but... yeah... that would take way too much time.

I'll probably share some more at a later date (considering that writing topic).

Anywho, hope you enjoyed!

:lego_smile:  

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:52 PM

Not going to post everything here, but some stuff to get hyped about!

43252769034_6d900b0c7f_z.jpg

43252768994_b765e31d69_z.jpg

Elven Armor, Sword, Spear, Shield, and Helmet (I've got it in Black, Steel, and Gold)

43252769204_97be67d63f_z.jpg

43065890685_950c6e319f_z.jpg

Dwarf Armor, Sword, Hammer, Axe, Shield, and Helmet (I've got it in Black and Steel)

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#85 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,918 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:30 PM

Well. I think I know which BrickWarriors items I might be adding to my shop next. Since I'll probably buy hundreds of those just for my own use, I might as well sell them too. :lol:

I don't really care for the Elven chest armor though. Elven armor isn't supposed to be so big and bulky. I think it works better as just a decal, myself.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#86 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 05:05 PM

POPULAR

How do I start this again...

Wait, I remember...

MINIFIG TIME!!!

44540570711_62da99eea8_z.jpg

Kara Chaelar, High Elf Pyromancer and Hero Historian

44540570651_62da99eea8_z.jpg

As usual, let's cover the design! First off, leg, torso, and back decals are by Saber-Scorpion. The torso and back are from the female gladiator and the legs are just generic gladiator ones. The waist cloth is from CapeMadness, and the yellow ears were painted by me. Both of the arms are from the recent CMF Gladiator and the bag is from Indiana Jones. The tome and unreleased jambiya dagger are from BrickWarriors. I tinkered with her for a bit, but fell in love with this design quickly!

Ah yes, I get to talk about her important background. Well, for starters, she's a pyromancer. It's literally just a fancy title for fire mage. The only difference is that pyromancers basically become the living embodiment of fire. This means that they don't necessarily require a catalyst for casting pyromancy. I should also note that certain "spells" are unique to pyromancy, but more on that if I ever bother to explain the magic in depth. Back to Kara, she's one of the members of the Arcane College in Avaria, which is where the High Elves live. It's basically a giant floating set of islands. Given her natural talent for dungeon delving and history, she particularly studies Hero history. 

Which brings me to the topic of Heroes! So, these folks are just great war heroes or adventurers right? Nope! These people are literally super heroes! They can pull off feats that no ordinary person can pull off. The one problem is, all of them are dead (so everyone believes). Most of the stories surrounding their deaths are folklore, which may or may not be true. That's where Kara comes in! She and her team have set forth to discover the truth about their powers, their lives, and their deaths. She's had a surprising amount of luck with finding this information. So yeah, that's who she is and what she does. 

44540570531_7b9335d107_z.jpg

Lord Valanar Krekiss, High Commander of Necropolis

A simple, but effective combo! Helmet is from Basil the Bat Lord (TLG: Fright Knights), plate mail is from BrickWarriors, loincloth is from AreaLight Customs, black cape is from CapeMadness, and the claymore is from BrickArms (no longer available). Needed a lovely, edgy look for a vampire commander. This easily fit the bill!

Valanar is the acting commander of all of the Necropolis forces. The only person above him is Dark Lord Lucien Uhlrirk, who is further back in this topic. Currently, he leads the campaign against the Lenarian Elementalists, hoping to capture the Scroll of Life, the supposed cure to the vampire, blood plague. His sword is enchanted with demon fire, thanks to the Lorensi witches that aid walk among the vampires. Infamous for temper, Valanar is quite notorious his low tolerance of failure, which often results in the death of many sub-ordinates. Having served under the previous Dark Lords, he has quite the amount of battlefield experience, and is one of the fiercest vampires in existence. Oh, and he's also one of the few vampires to have ever fought the Wolf Queen, and lived to tell the tale. The scar on his face is a reminder of how close she came from relieving his head from his body.

44540570421_70ca5ede19_z.jpg

Junia Aza, Sareshi Mancatcher

44540570311_50b274d974_z.jpg

Yet another simple combo that turned out perfectly. Legs and hair are from TLG, the face is from Citizen Brick (printed faces are on par with TLG quality), torso and back decals are from Saber-Scorpion, and the Parang Pandit and Retiarius Net from BrickWarriors. Lightly equipped, for a job that needs you to be light on your feet.

Oh boy, this is an odd story bit! Junia is Sareshi born, and was brought up in their ways. She is known for being very fast and tricky. Because of this, she was given the roll of a mancatcher. That's a very literal term; she catches men. But for what purpose? Let's go over the primary reasons! 

1) Prisoners: This is a no brainer. Given their raiding patterns, they need intel on caravans moving throughout the Savadjik Desert. Capturing people is a quick and easy way to get information.

2) Sport: To a Sareshi, there is great fun in capturing a man, forcing them into a helpless state as they would do for a woman. Mancatchers are known for doing this just because it entertains them to see them fight and beg.

3) Mating: So this goes without saying. An all female group of barbarians has to reproduce somehow! Their quite rough about it, and when all is said and done corpses are carried out of their home.

As stated, mancatchers have to be quite fast and very tricky. If her looks won't lure people in then she always has a two-handed sword to go maiming people. Seriously, just don't piss off the Sareshi!

That's all for now!

Hope you enjoyed, and great to be back!

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#87 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic...

• Nova Patron
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:15 PM

Decided to post in this finally lol

As always, great minifigs and good bits of lore too. I love the inclusion of superhero type characters and the idea that Sareshi intentionality dress that way in order to attract and capture men. Valanar also reminds me of the Nameless One from my Age of Darkness thing I keep talking about.

#88 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:05 PM

It

Is

MINIFIG

TIME!!!

30960657248_289d8f8fb7_z.jpg

Name: Analise Caro

Champion Name: Druid

Affiliation: Champion of Light

43021500890_666220bed6_z.jpg

Here we go again! Let's start with the parts! Cloth bits are from CapeMadness and the waistcloth is from Arealight Customs. Everything else is from TLG. Not much else to really say. She's quite a simple figure!

Druid is one of the many denizens of the Champion's Realm. Hailing from the Mystic Forest, she was raised to have great respect for the forest. Her mother, raised her in a nearby swamp, where she tended to the land, seeking to study a potential darkness within. Eventually, her mother disappeared, leaving only her journal behind, requesting that Analise finish the work she began. Although curious to follow her mother, Analise stayed behind, investigating the swamp. Over time, she further grew in nature magic, allowing her to use the land around her.

Analise is very compassionate, often choosing to help even the littlest of beings. Much like her mother, Druid is quite intelligent, and has a knack for both magical and nature study.

30960657238_cae79762ed_z.jpg

Name: Argus Skal
Champion Name: Gale

30960657138_546fd03d7f_z.jpg

Similar to the last figure, the cloth is from CapeMadness, the vambraces and sword are from Arealight Customs. Everything else is good ol' TLG!

Gale is the last of his race. Long ago, he and his people chose not to surrender to the Aldaari Empire, which was a very powerful empire of elves. Well, the Emperor didn't like that, so he sent Stormblade (see several posts ago) to eradicate the tribe of wind warriors. Argus was but a young man when the Prince began the systematic slaughter of his people. In the end, he was spared, simply because the Prince hoped he would return one day to put up a worthy challenge. To further cement this, Stormblade burned his body. Argus survived, choosing to don his people's armor, hoping to one day slay the Prince.

Gale commands wind magic and wields an Aldaari Warblade, which he scavenged from the battlefield. His suit contains all of the necessary materials needed to ease his pain and further enhance his magic. Wind magic can be used as both projectiles and an enhancements. This includes gliding, hurling wind blasts, and much more. 

30960657188_906d5c7ed2_z.jpg

Name: Okami Talon
Champion Name: Wolf

43021500840_097a6345ef_z.jpg

I don't know how many iterations I've gone through for this guy's design. Cloth bits are from CapeMadness, torso decals are from Saber-Scorpion, the katana is from BrickWarriors, and the fingerless glove is from EclipseGrafx. Everything is else is from TLG.

And so the Talon family continues! His father is Orion Talon, and his mother is Kyora Mitsuna (Nightshade). If you're wondering why he has a glowy arm, that's because he was born with a magic arm. This was caused by an intense amount of magic exposure his mother went through when someone flew a space ship she was on through a magic storm (more on that at a later date). The white hair will also be explained at a later date; just know that it wasn't initially like that. The variant of him that you're seeing right now is him following the destruction of Legion. Like many of my main characters (and trust me, this is by far one of my favorite characters), I can't really spoil too much about him, at least not here. 

His powers basically consists of a combination of both his parent's powers. Most of his sword techniques he learned from both his uncle and another infamous individual. He typically hides his true potential by never fighting with everything he's got. You really have to work to get him to come at you with everything he's got. Speaking of which, he rather laid back and quite friendly. 

Oh, and for whatever reason, he's commonly referred to as, "Blue".

That's all for now!

Can't say too much yet, but hey hope you liked the figs!

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users