• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#21 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:39 PM

Getting sick is terrible, yet it allowed me to finish this thing ahead of schedule, though it's stance is far more generic and basic than my hand-drawing. Yes, it somehow does and can transform into a fighter craft, what it looks like, I don't know yet.

AMA-04Riser_zps170d9068.jpg

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#22 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:34 AM

I haven't left this thing to die, yet, but the summer and its free time tends to make one procrastinate and the drawing I have worked on is not ready. While I have no important pics or anything, I've decided to work on voices lines, recently. Why I haven't done this on Google docs before and more efficiently, especially when my printing is terrible on paper, I do not understand. This makes it easier for people to read and for myself if I get around to voicing these.

Currently I only have three sets, based sort of on the Company of Heroes style where there are both out-of-combat and in-combat lines. There is some language in this so I'll spoiler/link these. I only have the out-of-combat lines for not.

Edited by mirage, 20 August 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#23 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:56 AM

Woah man, those are awesome! You're dedicated to this RTS thing man, how long has it been since your first concept? I'd say we're coming up on one full year now.

gdV21HZ.gif

#24 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

Actually it's been a full-year. At this point I'm just doing voicelines(voices eventually) as something that I can actually contribute and would be the closest thing that would actually see the light of day :P

#25 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

I've always had these sci-fi ideas in my head well before Rise, but I better get some of them down before they disappear.

The Hectra Empire (Brief History)

Major Race(s): Humans

Formed 0 T.O.T

While a prosperous empire from the outside, the Hectra Empire is but a mere fragment of what it had been centuries ago. Having been torn apart by civil war and government corruption, the Hectra Empire is considered by most in the galaxy as nothing more than the broken remnants of what was once called the Old Order that is now beneath the notice of any major race or galactic superpower.

What began as simply the Coalition that had its origins from Earth evolved into the predecessor of the Hectra Empire, but as humanity explored and grew in the cosmos, it began to show signs of weakness. Unrestricted growth saw technological innovation reaching its limits at the time. Years, sometimes decades, passed before these newly seeded colonies got any additional support or word from the Old Order due to stretched line of communication and transportation. Seeing this, many worlds, either due to selfish governors or discontent populations, began to expand on their own, some creating their own empires in the stars which saw humanity's name sullied by conflicts, both against the Old Order and against other sentient life in the galaxy.

Civil war would be rife within the borders of the Old Order furthered by government corruption as the situation deteriorated. This led to the eventual collapse of bureaucracy within the inner workings of the system that tore apart at the seams. This would be worsened when the Darsonian Systems Alliance struck Earth amidst the chaos, destroying the very core of the Old Order with only a few escaping the destruction. At that point, all seemed lost for humanity's greatest world and its place of origin had crumbled into dust.

Yet, the destruction of Earth also saw the Old Order's revival as a new energetic leader, Tyrone Argus, a scholar who dabbled into the world of politics had survived the attack on Earth, took charge of the hopeless situation. Falling back with what was left to the fortified areas of space that formed the prosperous heart of the Old Order, he made himself self-appointed leader after rallying the support of the few remaining systems for the people were looking for anything remotely resembling hope. With power in his hands and no longer restricted by the slow gears of bureaucracy that had caused many problems in the past, he began sweeping reforms in the government and the military with his trusted advisors.

Slowly, a new, efficient system would be established while a reformed military would see the situation finally stabilized with the empire's remaining holdings intact. This military would also see to the halting of the many races and rogue human factions, performing swift surgical strikes on each of their worlds to cause them to sue for what was at least a cease-fire. These strikes would intensify after a warning was ignored prior to the raid and eventually, many would have to heed such warnings as a serious threat.

By 2555 AD, it was no longer viable for any faction to continue attacking the reformed remnants of the Old Order with other threats in the galaxy posing a much greater risk. The DSA itself had begun to fragment and had to undergo its own reforms while under harsh economical circumstances due to the prolonged wars. It was at this point, a new timeline began that is known as T.O.T or Treaties of Tempest where many signed a cease-fire with the Hectra Empire and the storm of warfare slowly began to die down. By that point Tyrone had left power long ago, leaving it to the hands of the reformed government that now had to begin work on rebuilding so much after centuries of warfare and strife.

To commemorate this achievement and its survival, the Old Order was renamed as the Hectra Empire, named after a seemingly ordinary bird that lives much of its life in fear from predators until it eventually survives and grows long enough to transform into a majestic animal that no other creature would dare harm. Slowly, but surely, the Hectra Empire began to spread out from its holdings once internal problems were dealt with. First, the rogue human elements were annexed that many races were more than happy to see go into an empire that was not constantly in conflict with them. Eventually the empire began to spread into the untamed areas of space known to many as the Septica Arm thanks to technological advancements in travel and navigation.

This did not go unnoticed by the other factions who have slowly begun to also creep into the wilderness of the Septica Arm and they are more than eager to destroy the rebuilding Hectra Empire before it can spread to become a dangerous threat once again.

Edited by mirage, 29 August 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#26 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

Okay, here are the combat lines for the initial three infantry units. Be warned, there is plenty of swearing and inappropriate language, quite a bit targeted towards other factions.

Edit: I may or may not give a basic writing template to each thing if anyone else is randomly in interested in writing voice lines for the heck of it. 

Edited by mirage, 15 September 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#27 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Been awhile since I've done one of these. Anyways I've been working on the original Rise and Conquer docs and adding all the ideas that came out of the other two that came afterwards which is why I was kind of inspired to do these.

#28 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,839 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:56 AM

The Hydra League Announcer Test was pretty good, I like the rough sound of the announcer, this looks like it could become something great!

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

#29 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

Here's a WIP of Kayla Eyre from Rise IV, that is trying to lean heavily towards anime/magna style of drawing. If anyone can give any tips to improve, it would be greatly appreciated. I feel that she may appear too young (23ish).

What she's wearing is supposed to be a hoody.

KaylaEyre_zps6025cf65.jpg

I've had an idea of a world set between the 1920s and 1950s drawing heavily upon world history during the early part of the century. No map or anything, but I did have four major factions. Here's their brief descriptions

Spoiler

Edited by mirage, 22 November 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#30 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

Well, here's a December update. I've been working on many things, but only three things came out decently that I'm willing to put up.

Images: One has a DSA trooper who have been drastically redesigned from humans to humanoid sentients called Ulkans who come from a world of ice and snow. Along with it is a Hectra Rockler Heavy Trooper that stuck closer to the previous design. The next one after is the next WIP of Kayla Eyre from Rise.

Spoiler

Voice: Here's a small voice reel of what I can do. There's more that'd I likely could do, but it'd probably take too long for me to get all that recorded.

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Edited by mirage, 12 December 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#31 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

Kayla Eyre

Spoiler

Infantry Carrier T-10 "Tenner'

Spoiler

New Voice Clip:

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

#32 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

A relatively rough drawing with me deciding to take out the fourth frame.

Anyways, how games in Company of Heroes 2 often turn out with S-Mines.

S-Mines_zps13bb38d1.jpg

Edited by mirage, 23 February 2014 - 05:21 AM.

#33 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Karsian portraits of the Rise and Conquer units, made slightly more distinct this time from my older drawings.

From left to right, top to bottom: Infantry Section, Jaeger Anti-Tank Team, MG-88 Crew, 90mm Mortar Team, 120mm Gun Crew, Fallschirmjager 

KarsianPortrait_zpsbcc7550a.jpg

#34 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:17 AM

121-VD_zps3176af94.jpg

121-VD 'Sky Blade'

The primary Hectra combat craft available for both space and atmospheric operations, the 121-VD has become the bane of all combatants in the Septus sector. While ungainly by modern standards, its speed, maneuverability and firepower allow it destroy both DSA and Zox craft which were thought to be superior upon initial expectations.

Capable of fulfilling a variety of roles, the so-called Sky-blade has a reputation for reliability with a growing number of victories credited to its name. With four hardpoints per wing, the 121-VD can carry a variety of munitions into battle. This coupled with its internal bomb-bay and three 15mm cannons capable of firing in a limited arc to the sides and below the plane, it is not uncommon for single squadrons to perform multiple combat missions.

While not well-armoured, it follows the philosophy of being fast to avoid AA fire and unfavorable engagements. Added with countermeasure systems, a considerable amount of effort is needed to down a single 121-VD.

Edited by mirage, 21 March 2014 - 07:26 AM.

#35 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:15 AM

Scions_zps7e90faec.jpg

Been working on the new awesome Scion models for Warhammer 40k. Since the new IG/Astra Militarium Codex came, I'll likely go back to playing and painting my IG.

KaylaColoured_zpscedb7873.jpges 

Akira/Doctor Grant helped me with getting the colours in, allowing me to make changes much easier for changing the colours to my liking which I then followed up with shading.

#36 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

Spoiler

#37 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:10 PM

POPULAR

Very quick sketches I did. I was inspired when I listened to Star Ring Child by Aimer which was used for Gundam Unicorn. Got me thinking what one of those typical anime credits would look like for some of the cast.

The first four are Padriac with an eye that's been airbrushed over to represent Kiera encased in ice, Ghost Rider glancing at Wraith, Kayla staring at her dog-tag and Lilith looking at her neural interface thinking whether to use it or not.

Spoiler

Edited by mirage, 21 June 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#38 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

I could only get two done since I was slamming my head on how I should draw Lucas and ended up scaling back from including Violet and German Shepard.

Lucas with his wine bottle and Okaasan probably examining the team from a distance seeing whether or not they are ready.

Spoiler

#39 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:59 PM

Spoiler

#40 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 1,839 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

Nice looking tank, only problem is the tracks, and I must admit, those things are the hardest to draw.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users