• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#1 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

I've finally decided I needed another topic for my artwork other than reviving something that was at least two years old, especially since a lot more of my stuff is going to be digital due to the fact I've got myself a tablet and I find it pretty convenient. This also to make it so people do not have to keep digging into the Rise topic every time I decide to do some sort of concept for it.

So, I'll guess I will put something quite basic, mainly buildings or barracks for the respective factions of the Empire, Kitsune League, Soldiers of Fortune, Northern Federation and Karsol from RIse. These is mainly just lines, but with a lot of my stuff, they're just basic concept ideas put into art. Be warned, this shows how inaccurate things tend to get one I try to make one side of a building similar to the other part of it.

Spoiler

What if Rise Had an RTS Game Based Off It for its many factions? Ideas Here:
Rise and Conquer: Compiled
Check out my Youtube channel for occasional casts and voice clips.

#2 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

Those are really good! I think you should make structures your expertise!

gdV21HZ.gif

#3 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

The picture looks a bit awkward, but it's kind of late for me to change it since I only happened to notice this during the colouring part and also served as a test for the colouring which I hope I can get better at.

I won't say who this is, it's just something I had in mind for something.

Posted Image

#4 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

POPULAR

I'm back with some portraits. Starting from left to right at the very top we have the Gaian Artemis Heavy Sniper, the Empire Ravager Drone, Scavvie Raider, a Karsian Lugger HMG Gunner and a Northern Federation Grenadier. Originally I was going to put another guy into the missing slot, but it was an old Hydra League soldier concept before I drew the current one. Also these, except for the Grenadier started out on paper.

Posted Image

#5 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Posted Image

Here we have, starting from the top left: Hydra League Grenade Soldier, Soldier of Fortune Talivan Guerrila, Northern Federation Combat Engineers, Karsol Jaeger Soldier, Kitsune League Cynobi, Ossyrian Soldier 'Taskmaster', Hoplite Guardian, Empire Advanced Recon Soldier, and Kahada Union Flame Trooper

And below, how I would think Rise and Conquer infantry would be generalized.
Infantry: The fighting troops on the ground, these units make up the bulk of most armies. They are the most vulnerable units on the battlefield and are usually not armed with the most powerful weapons, but are also the most versatile and dangerous. Though slower than vehicles or aircraft, their mobility and size allows them to access areas not available to larger units as well as hide in dense terrain or structures, benefiting the most from cover in firefights making them surprisingly hard to uproot unless dedicated weapons for the task are brought or other infantrymen.

Infantry also tend to be the cheapest option, most quickly produced and most operate in squads, allowing them to be reinforced to remain at full strength unlike other units which come alone.

There are two sub-types of infantry

Power Armoured: Troops in power armour move through terrain more easily and tend to generally have better stats all-around due to equipment inside the armour aiding the operator, especially in the amount of damage they take from small-arms. They are also better protected against NBC threats than regular infantry and take less splash damage from explosions.

Their main disadvantage, however, are mainly logistical with maintenance costs that results in higher upkeep of resources when fielded, increased production times, and take longer to reinforce. EMP weapons can lower their sight radius for a limited amount of time and slow them down due to the nature of their armour.

Still vulnerable to snipers.

Battle Suits: Closer to a miniature walker than an infantryman, battle suits are incredibly resilient to things normally deadly to infantry and are immune to NBC threats that even power armour cannot stop while explosions generally do little to halt them. They also make ideal platforms to mount heavier weapons on, normally reserved to weapon crews or vehicles allowing them to decimate enemies they are geared against. They can also be both either repaired or healed. Also note, they can never be pinned down, they don't care.

Their main disadvantage is that they are also considered part vehicle, making it harder for them to use cover or hide in terrain due to their size, easier to hit and EMPs take full effect on them, shutting them down. Homing anti-armour weapons can also lock onto them. They also share the same logistical problems with power armoured soldiers.

Immune to non-anti-materiel snipers.

Edited by mirage, 02 January 2013 - 03:18 AM.

#6 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

POPULAR

Before I throw this on the wikia, I thought I would chuck it here. A sketch of the Centurion Assault Gun, not great and I'm sure others can do much better. I'm not satisfied with the treads which I may redo some day. The one to the top is my second versions before I stopped and re-did the vehicle.

Posted Image

#7 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Great work on all of these, mirage! I can't wait for your next project!

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#8 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Since I was on a boat back to university and I've been trying to train my voice, I've decided to do something piratety/Orkish. I'm not sure where I would put this, but here's a test, be warned, it may hurt ears.

#9 Aerion

Aerion

I've been calling it "Meep Morp."

• Nova Member
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Is it wrong I was trying to picture Dobbin the entire time? :P

cWFIAIC.gif

#10 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Is it wrong I was trying to picture Dobbin the entire time? :P

Possibly, I never thought that Dobbin would have a voice that deep in my mind, though likely because I've already forgotten the image The Captain used. :P

#11 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

Hey, not too bad actually. :D My only gripe is that it's pronounced Skah-vees rather than Skae-vees.

Edited by The Captain, 04 January 2013 - 05:03 PM.

nY1rpGl.gif

#12 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Since I really don't want to keep using necromancy to revive the miniature wargaming topic, I'll post this here as well.

Posted Image

Still need to finish the base and the pile he's standing on which came in the box.

#13 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Posted Image

Still a work-in-progress of the Karsian A-18 which is also on the wikia. I'm not satisfied, but I think for the time being this is how far I'll get. This is one of the few planes I've drawn and even if it's an overhead view, I had quite a bit of trouble trying to make it look like something that resembles a sleek, futuristic attack craft.

Also note I have no knowledge of aircraft design and I know this thing has quite a few flaws such as the pilot being unable to see behind them.

#14 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

I finally decided to work on Karsian warships since the Spire-class cruiser was begging to be done in colour. Here it is.

Spoiler

#15 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Looking back on old works, I redid one on the computer and coloured it, the Karsian Fallshirmjager.
Posted Image

#16 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Still alive, just been going through school, procrastinating, and various of other excuses.
Posted Image

I'm not completely happy with the Behemoth as seen by the other tread, but maybe one day I will fix it when I get better at drawing from this perspective.

Edited by mirage, 11 March 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#17 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

I finally got some results in doing some voice works that I liked enough to post. Here we are:

#18 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

I've have this WIP flag for the NOM flag for Exan that I just wanted to show since I may have to redo since I made a grave mistake of saving the flower and stars with the background resulting in the layer merge since I'm too cheap to cough out money for a fullversion of the art programs that came with my tablet. The main flaws are in the stars.

Posted Image

#19 Klaykid

Klaykid

Super Dooper Paratrooper!

• Nova Member
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Outline the stars and you're golden. Otherwise I can't see a few of them.

gdV21HZ.gif

#20 miragefla

miragefla

Packcorn

• Nova Member
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:27 AM

I had this rough draft of something I've been working on, however, it's been changed heavily since the paper drawing which is shown here. I'll have the updated, tablet drawn version down by at latest, next week. And let me tell everyone, it's a lot different from this.

004-5_zpsb04898e7.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users