• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#21 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:14 PM

Posted Image

Just a quick sketch I did on my tablet. I kinda decided to color it on a whim. The colors look a bit lighter here, though.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#22 Hippysheep

Hippysheep

Back From the Dead!

• 665 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:20 AM

Man, that's awesome. It's mysterious and it has attitude! I love it your artwork man.

Edited by Hippysheep, 07 July 2010 - 03:21 AM.

Posted Image

#23 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:43 PM

Posted Image

Some color tests for Lillian. Feel free to comment on which one you think looks best.

Posted Image

The original sketch, in case any of you want a go.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#24 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

Hmm... That's a tough call, but I think I'd go with either the top or bottom left.

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#25 Sir_Muffonious

Sir_Muffonious

Rock on, gold dust woman.

• Nova Member
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:15 PM

I like the bottom two the most.

Posted Image

#26 Evil Eye Guy

Evil Eye Guy

Too legit to quit

• 1,537 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:20 PM

Bottom right is way to go.

In a world built sky-scraper over slum; the city is about to go UNDER

|D i v i s i o N|

A Cyberpunk Text-Adventure

#27 Kenny

Kenny

• Nova Member
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

My favorite is the top left.

#28 shade-of-black

shade-of-black

Rest when I'm dead

• 639 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

Here's my colour scheme
It just occured to me that every single one of my RP characters smokes

#29 Hippysheep

Hippysheep

Back From the Dead!

• 665 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

Bottom left would be my first choice, but my second choice would be top right

Posted Image

#30 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

Here's my colour scheme

The colors are a bit too solid for my taste. And that hair's waaaay too saturated. But a nice try.

Posted Image

Anyway, more color tests. I kinda liked the top right one, so I gave it a bit of detail, like some dried mud. The bottom right one is just a color experiment :/

Posted Image

I finally got around to drawing a map of Aesop. I am by no means a good mapper, so if someone could give me tips, it would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, Gold represents the Empire, Red represents the Dark Realms, Brown represents the trolls, Green represents the Faeries, and Grey is neutral and unclaimed territory. I'll explain more as I work on it further.

Posted Image

And also, my Assassin sketch for Scorp's competition. It's still in a very early development stage, as I only took about 5 minutes with this. I'll probably tweek with it further and color it later. I'll probably keep the 'Scorpion Stinger' shoulderpad though. It has a very Southern look, which I'm trying to get, and it just looks cool. Plus it's very ceremonial, and as we all know, cults are all about ceremony.

Oh yes, and if you steal the design, I will find you and murder you in your sleep :P

Edited by Richard, 20 July 2010 - 07:36 PM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#31 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:35 AM

For the new[er] Lilian color schemes (your latest post), I'd say bottom-left or top-right.

Aesop, as in Aesop's Fables? It's cool, not the average glob of land that somebody drew lines inbetween and called it a map, but, yeah, I like it.

:shock: Wow, that assassin is very kick-assassin, if you catch my drift :P Anyway, you set the bar high for me, but I assure you, my humble sketch will not be a knock-off from this... WHY DO YOU DRAW SO GOOD???!!! WHY???!!!

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#32 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Aesop, as in Aesop's Fables? It's cool, not the average glob of land that somebody drew lines inbetween and called it a map, but, yeah, I like it.

Well, my project is a Fairy-Tale theme.

:shock: Wow, that assassin is very kick-assassin, if you catch my drift :P Anyway, you set the bar high for me, but I assure you, my humble sketch will not be a knock-off from this... WHY DO YOU DRAW SO GOOD???!!! WHY???!!!

I've been drawing ever since I could read :P

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#33 Fire-fox

Fire-fox

Daww, it's so cute!

• Nova Member
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:50 AM

Well, my project is a Fairy-Tale theme.

I wasn't saying anything wrong with it, it is a pretty cool idea, from the little I know so far. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I have a question, how do you color your art on the computer, like when making different color schemes for Lilian?

Posted Image

"We gotta be playin' for keeps... 'Till the life juice weeps!"

#34 Hippysheep

Hippysheep

Back From the Dead!

• 665 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

For your newest colour test I'd go for the top right- (Or the bottom left if you're going for something brighter)

Posted Image

#35 880_ZERO

880_ZERO

I give lead enemas.

• Nova Member
  • 9,450 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

What happened to Richard? More art! Please?
Old timer

#36 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:13 AM

Soon. I'm kinda swamped with more art-related work right now. I'll try to post more sketches and my comic art assignment today.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#37 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

Anyways, an update.

I've just had some Mood and Lighting classes for my new term, so here's my first piece. Hopefully I'll get better soon.

Posted Image

Oh, and here's the comic 'The Dangers of Dragon Hunting'. Sorry for it's roughness. Basically, a Wizard and Barbarian go Dragon hunting.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

(Really noticed a huge boom in art topics. Hmmm.)

Edited by Richard, 10 August 2010 - 09:01 PM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#38 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:15 PM

Another mood and lighting study. Image is based off the movie 'The Brothers Grim(m?)'.

Posted Image

Personally, I think it turned out alright, though it could have been a lot better.

The second one was actually for Matte Painting class, though I got slightly carried away. I was inspired by one of my school's upcoming franchises called 'Chop-Chops' (Don't ask).

Posted Image

The dead star blazed overhead, like the eye of some horrible monster. The Warrior moved quickly, trying to avoid it's gaze.

His travels had taken him to the rocky banks of the river. The jade-like stone was slippery and treacherous. One wrong step would send the Warrior into the fast flowing rapids below, to be dashed and smashed against the rocks and the currents. An unpleasant fate for anyone.

The sky was always a bloody red, and the dead one never set or rise, making it impossible to tell the time of day. But the Warrior knew it was getting late. He would have to move quickly to--

What was that?

The Warrior's heart skipped a beat. Too late. Far too late.

A bead of sweat trickled down his forehead. He did not have to turn around to know that They were hot on his heels.

His hand fell onto his loyal blade.

Now he would have to fight.

Edited by Richard, 17 August 2010 - 03:17 PM.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

#39 El Taco

El Taco

Sympathy via light physical contact

• Nova Patron
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:47 PM

I really like your mood and lighting pictures. The first one looks amazing, and the second isn't half bad either.

If you want money in your coffee, if you want secrets in your tea...

#40 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

• 9,005 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

First, some good news! I'll be accepting 'commisions' again next year, when I'll be forcefully conscripted into Singapore's (Lets face it) army, which could probably be run over quite easily by any major country. It also means I'll have a lot of free time on my hands. So, prepare for the good old days of being let down by my late submissions!

Anyway, some more sketches. Probably the final designs.

Posted Image

Lillian of the Red Woods. A young and inexperienced Witch, she is fairly inexperienced with life outside the woods, due to a sheltered lifestyle. But when a Templar crusade comes knocking, she fines herself tossed rather unceremoniously out into the world. The only thing she knows for sure is that her Red cloak is the answer to her questions...Which she didn't even know she had.

Posted Image

Decendant of the famous Troll general, Sir Willian de Stonehide, and heir of the prosperous East Aesop Trading Company, Thomas was like most upper class trolls, wealthy, pampered, and completely ignorant of the lower class 'Underbridge' trolls. However, when his sister meets a violent end at the hands of an Underbridge riot, Thomas quickly becomes aware of rampant corruption and deceit in Troll society. Attempting to put a stop to this, he confronts his father, and slays him once it it is revealed that he is behind most of it. Quickly escaping Trollbridge, Thomas found himself in a new land, wild and full of danger. The inexperienced young troll would have quickly found himself lunch of some nasty beast, were it not for the Witch...

Posted Image

The infamous Tyrant of Hamlin was one of many Dark Sorcerers who plagued the land in the Wicked Ages. His power was great, due to numerous child sacrifices he made to whatever Dark deities he worshiped, and his reign spread far. Eventually, the Witches had enough, and gathered to battle him. After a long, legendary battle, they imprisoned him inside his own jawbone and a fragment of his infamous Pipe. Bricked up inside a house and left to rot, his chance of escape, unexpectantly, comes in the form of a young, Red cloaked girl...

Posted Image

More faeries sketched. Here are the standard 'Guard' faeries. They lack the grace of the Faerie Princes, but still remain as weird and mysterious as ever.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users