• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

That was Dramatic

• Nova Member
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 06:18 AM

Alright guys, it's time to shut up about Episode 9. Did you like it? Did you hate it? Who cares, because Star Wars we can all agree is good is back and it's better than ever.

ERS9dAjXYAAWVLX.png?width=1442&height=61

It's Clone Wars time Baby.

You guys know Clone Wars, you know what it is, you know that it's good, so is the first episode good? YES, OF COURSE IT IS. You think I'd resurrect the Star Wars TV Show topic if I thought it was bad? Nope, only good vibes here.

So, the First Episode is the first in the Bad Batch Arc, which I feel like I can talk about without spoiling too much because the storyreels have been up on Youtube for the last five years. It's really good to see this episode finished, and I can't wait for the others to be finished. One pleasant surprise is that it isn't a straight "clean-up and churn out" job that I thought it would be; it's what most of the episode is, but they made one major change and I'm glad that Filoni didn't just pat himself on the back and throw the episode out there without touching up the story as well as the graphics. And speaking of graphics, the show looks it's best this Season. All of it is so just *OOMPH* and I wish that Disney/Lucasfilm put this much effort into all of their animated Star Wars shows, rather than "We gotta make Clone Wars good or else half the internet will crucify us." 

Anyways, it's time to jump into spoilers before I have to leave for work:

Spoiler

So, the Show's good, we're all good, and Clone Wars is back. 

#2 Neyo Wargear

Neyo Wargear

Gloria fortis miles

• 2,000 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 11:09 PM

So, I watched seasons 5-7 in the last 3-4 days.

You know how it's all going to end, yet you hope against hope that the impossible occurs. You want them to solve the mystery, you want them to succeed, you want them to survive. But it's never meant to be. The future is already known, but how the present ties into that future is the unknown.

That only makes it that much more heartbreaking. To be so close, yet so far.

Spoiler

For me, the Clone Troopers have been my favorite characters in Star Wars. The walking tragedy that is their existence, born to fight and die alongside their Jedi leaders that they came to know and regard friends, only to be forced to cut them down at a moment's notice without choice.

My favoritism of the Clones may be due to the fact that I'm training to be a soldier, an officer to be exact. Having had several leaders over me, such as team leader, squad leader, and cadre, I realize how important it is to be cared about not only by your leaders, but by your fellow soldiers. You're suffering together and that forges a strong bond that most people will never understand.

It's like Fives with that medical droid on Kamino, they're more than numbers. They have names, personalities, dreams, nightmares, hopes, fears, they are unique and singular. I've never cared much for the Jedi, it was always the Clones that I was drawn to. They remind me a lot of the veterans of the Vietnam War, not only because the LAAT/i gunships are essentially Huey's and employed as such, but because the Clones much like those who fought in Vietnam were looked down upon. Most who were in Vietnam were drafted and deeply divided on opinion to the war. The Clones never would have existed without the war and never asked if they wanted to fight, like those drafted to fight in 'Nam. Who wants to fight a war in which the home front is against you? That is the best way to defeat an enemy, to have them attacked by those back home through letters, music, protests, and news reels. To have your girlfriend, parents, siblings, best friends, and others to tear you apart in a letter or tape, something you were looking forward to. A little piece of home while you were slogging it out in the mud and rain in a foreign country surrounded by people who switch allegiance at the change of uniform only for that little piece of joy to turn into confusion, disbelief, anger, and conflict. The Clones realized that no one but the Jedi saw the differences in each and every one, to treat them more than government property and cannon fodder, yet to be haunted by a nightmare and then that nightmare to become a reality without a choice.

For me, this transfers over to military equipment such as anti-tank guns, planes, and tanks. People see the ordnance, and yes it is impressive, but no one ever thinks about those who crewed such. No one asks about that, no one cares about that. No thinks about the four men that bleed, sweat, and cried in that M3A1 Stuart light tank, no one cares about the four to six men needed to crew a M3 37mm anti-tank gun and all the times they had to take on tanks with nothing more than an inch of steel to protect them, or the 10 men within a B-17 Flying Fortress that were pretty helpless against strafing fighters and flak. 

I loved The Clone Wars not only because it helped flesh out existing characters and brought to pass amazing new ones, but gave the faceless, nameless, and dehumanized soldiers faces, names, and humanity. It put the war in Star Wars and something I'm probably going to rewatch soon.

Edited by Neyo Wargear, 08 May 2020 - 01:59 PM.

Omnius mille passus expeditio, omnis fossa bellum.

KY0FhTX.jpg
"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

- General of the Army Douglas MacArthur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users