NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Errant continuation

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Dump the punch, you GET the punch!

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:57 AM

Soooo, I've been hating to see Errant as dead as it is right now. I guess it's too much to hope that it'll ever live again without me giving it some kind of hard push. :P

My current plan is to pretty much go finish up Delving Too Deep by pushing us straight to what was always meant to be the main part of the campaign, anyway: the dwarven halls. I had started writing a post to do this months ago, but life got in the way. Also, I'm not really inspired. But maybe actually doing it will help inspire me to work on Errant again. I've been focusing on my art and writing instead, but I do miss RPing.

So other than finishing Delving Too Deep, what would everyone like to see from Errant at this point? I'm up for literally anything, as long as it'll get people interested and having fun again.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#2 Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

• Nova Patron
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:04 AM

I'd love to see Delving too Deep come back, but I think it's too late for Stranded... :P

I'm going to make a post in my Campaign Creation topic to see if anyone is interested in doing one of the other campaign ideas I have written down there.

#3 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

So other than finishing Delving Too Deep, what would everyone like to see from Errant at this point? I'm up for literally anything, as long as it'll get people interested and having fun again.

I would go with a story/character-focused campaign, preferably centered on one faction or another so as to have a relatively homogeneous and motivated group.

Like the Inquisitor or Venatori campaigns from the last poll. Or something else in that vein (we always seem to focus on the more magical Imperial orders, maybe a campaign focusing on a group of Imperial knights/legionnaires could be interesting for a change).

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#4 Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

• Nova Patron
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:03 PM

(we always seem to focus on the more magical Imperial orders, maybe a campaign focusing on a group of Imperial knights/legionnaires could be interesting for a change).

You know, its funny you should mention that...

#5 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

I also said "story/character-driven." Not that it's a bad thing, but Stranded struck me as being of the 'generic adventure/exploration type' (like Delving Too Deep), hence why I wasn't too interested in it. (Also, splitting players amongst the soldiers, crew, and slaves undercuts the point of focusing on one faction: having a fairly cohesive group.)

Of course, I'm not really sure what the plot of a story/character-driven campaign about Imperial knights/soldiers would be like. About the closest thing I can think of would pretty much be a Wulfgard version of Zulu. (Although, this might be because I just watched Zulu again a few days ago. :P )

"This means I will not have to regret sending back their envoy short a few limbs."

Posted Image

#6 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

Well I've got my own ideas for other things, but I imagine a campaign focusing on more ordinary Imperial soldiers/nobles/militia could occur in the Southwestern wilds, with a small team trying to deal with a particular band of beastfolk raiders.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#7 Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

• Nova Patron
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:31 AM

I also said "story/character-driven." Not that it's a bad thing, but Stranded struck me as being of the 'generic adventure/exploration type' (like Delving Too Deep), hence why I wasn't too interested in it. 

giphy.gif

Well, I'm sorry the RP idea I put a lot of time into developing was too generic and boring for you to check out.

Maybe you should take a look at the topic I created for creating generic adventure/exploration Errant campaigns and see if there's one that interests you more, you know, as long as the topic doesn't put you to sleep first.

There's even a new poll option, so don't forget to revote so I can figure out what generic/boring Errant campaign I can waste time planning out and pming Wolfy about just so you guys can ignore it and leave it for dead!

#8 Sareth

Sareth

Master of Fate

• Nova Member
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:13 AM

Well, I'm sorry the RP idea I put a lot of time into developing was too generic and boring for you to check out.

Maybe you should take a look at the topic I created for creating generic adventure/exploration Errant campaigns and see if there's one that interests you more, you know, as long as the topic doesn't put you to sleep first.

There's even a new poll option, so don't forget to revote so I can figure out what generic/boring Errant campaign I can waste time planning out and pming Wolfy about just so you guys can ignore it and leave it for dead!

Geez, Dalton, don't take things so personally. My point was that I had already signed up for another RP of that type (Delving Too Deep), and hence wasn't really in the mood to do a second one; I don have an infinite capacity for RP-ing.

And I did vote in that topic of yours--several days ago. And if other people are interested in the same one I am, I would play it.

It's not like the entire world's against you here.

Posted Image

#9 Dalton the Spider Suit Guy

• Nova Patron
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

Geez, Dalton, don't take things so personally. My point was that I had already signed up for another RP of that type (Delving Too Deep), and hence wasn't really in the mood to do a second one; I don have an infinite capacity for RP-ing.

And I did vote in that topic of yours--several days ago. And if other people are interested in the same one I am, I would play it.

It's not like the entire world's against you here.

Sorry, still a bit miffed that Stranded ended up dying like all of my other RPs. :P

#10 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:32 PM

Hm, interesting. So Imperials knights and/or legionaries? I'll have to give that some thought.

I'll admit, I'd be awfully tempted to make it extremely low-magic somehow. Pretty much every Errant campaign has been very high in magic. Which is fine, but not really close to the heart of canon Wulfgard. It might be more fun to do something more like the actual stories.

Doing something related to the Southwestern Wilds and/or beastfolk, etc., sounds like it could be fun, but I'd have to be pretty careful with it. I haven't ended up liking the way beastfolk came across in Errant so far. Maybe this would be a good chance to fix it, especially since it wouldn't be from the beastfolk POV.

Alternatively, we could do something where magic and monsters are all but unheard of. Maybe something that takes place somewhere closer to the heart of the Empire.

Double alternatively, we could take a step back in time and I could make a campaign about the Redfield incident from Caiden's past. I'm currently writing that as a novel, actually; I've been working on it for a few weeks now. :P

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#11 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,119 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

Feel free to gimme some thoughts on those ideas, guys. :P

I'm working on plenty of Errant stuff right now, and possibly a Wulfgard wiki update, so - yay, things.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users