How did you first find out about NR?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 swampmonster enomeg

swampmonster enomeg

• Nova Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

I've been a casual viewer for awhile, but haven't taken up the duty to become a member until a few days ago :lego_tongue: I think I found Nova refuge while looking for some Lego Star Wars stuff.

Posted Image

I am a Soldier of Xarkon -
What are You?

#22 Luy22

Luy22

Private

• 58 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

I forget, actually. I was huge into Star Wars and Warhammer 40,000 at the time (and still am).

I think I was searching for Star Wars legos of sorts, I believe Kyle Katarn/Dark Forces ones. And at the same time I was playing a LOT of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. I had come across this website, and became enthralled at everything he had made. And then I had found Nova Refuge. It inspired me to make my own stuff. Brilliant. I remember talking to my friend about it right after I had discovered it on the walk home from high school.

"Dude, we play so much stuff. Why not make our own universe?" He just gave me a quizical look, as though he were lost in thought.

Edited by Luy22, 18 November 2012 - 06:58 AM.

#23 Mirage Agito

Mirage Agito

Completely Hypothetical

• 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

A friend of mine recommended it to me after a performance. We were hanging out backstage and he had his laptop. He showed me the awesome that is NR. I decided to make my own stuff. Then I signed up here, and the rest is history. Very obscure history.
Posted Image

#24 Lord English

Lord English

You're DARN TOOTIN i love to roughhouse!!!

• Nova Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

for a long time, i thought the site was just decals. my favorites were the nova refuge. then i discovered Justin's MOCs, then discovered the forums. :lego_grin:

rsz_1gebwrhyswjipiqhompdmu0yecrcevjcvkpr

All Hail the Emperor and Senate of the Byzantine Empire

#25 Chewbakkaa

Chewbakkaa

scruffy looking nerf herder

• Nova Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:44 PM

I first saw Scorp's LEGO HALO 3 Spartans in a Youtube video and I went to check out the site. I then went to the SSL LEGO main page and saw Nova Refuge. I checked it out and thought it was cool. 

stormtrooper-mask-silhouette-image.png

This isn’t the user you’re looking for

#26 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

Scorp's Halos too.

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users