93 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:57 AM

Wikipedia

The Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, are back in action, taking on the evil Decepticons, who are determined to avenge their defeat in 2009ís Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. In this new movie, the Autobots and Decepticons become involved in a perilous space race between the U.S. and Russia, and once again human Sam Witwicky has to come to the aid of his robot friends. There's new characters too, including a new villain in the form of Shockwave, a longtime "Transformers" character who rules Cybertron while the Autobots and Decepticons battle it out on Earth.

I'm slightly worried with the general premise of the film - although, I was certain that Cybertron was mentioned as having been destroyed in the earlier films. Still, interesting little tidbit here:

Spoiler

That is all.
Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#2 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:10 AM

Unicron! Cybertron and all it's moons belong to me!

Constructicons inferior, Soundwave superior

Spare me this mockery of justice!

Why throw away your life so recklessly?

Such heroic nonsense...

#3 The unknown

The unknown

Spec Ops Commando

• 5,524 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:48 AM

Totally revelant post Yava...

Is it me or the comments before the second movie looks strangely like that new one for the third ? And we all know how it ended...

#4 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:15 AM

you shouldn't need the blu-ray copy to know there's gonna be a third movie

#5 Ocelot

Ocelot

NOW I'm a little motivated

• 8,226 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

POPULAR

Oh boy, I cannot wait to never ever see this! Transformers 2 was a big turning point in my life where I realised that no, paying money to sit through two hours and forty minutes of unwatchable trash to catch a glimpse of mediocrely choreographed CGI robot action is not something I will ever want to do. I tested out this theory by not seeing Transformers 2 at the theatre, and upon renting the Blu Ray a few months ago I found my hypothesis to be 100% correct. The only way it could have worked out better for me is if I hadn't rented the Blu Ray and had, in fact, never 'watched' the movie at all (I use inverted commas because I had my finger poised over the fast forward button and I went from start to credits in around forty five minutes).

So, Transformers 3 gives me an excellent opportunity to test out my new and improved theory. I won't rent the Blu Ray, I won't see the movie, I won't watch any trailers, and I'll snap my eyes shut if I ever accidentally come across any promotional material. And my life will be so much better than everyone else's; just so much better.

That absurdly clumsy title can only be a reference to Unicron, and I don't care. Mary Elizabeth Winstead could personally invite me to watch this movie projected onto the side of the Millennium Falcon and narrated by Christopher Walken and I still wouldn't see it.

#6 Goldy

Goldy

Sergeant Major

• 3,093 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:02 PM

Transformers is a guilty pleasure, it's a stupid film but if you leave your brain at the door then it's quiet a fun watch. Though even then I only watch it to see lots of US military hardware fighting alongside Opitimus prime. If maybe you could cut out those scenes and watch them alone, the film would be perfect.

I'm also secretly hoping Transformers 3 will feature the Eurofighters debut into film. They've done virtually everything in the American military now, so let's show what nice tech everyone else has got.

#7 Irondrone 4

Irondrone 4

Omnissiah be praised; I have a Servoskull!

• 2,262 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

I've got a bad feeling about this...

Angry post I completely agree with.

Yes, I too had my hopes and dreams dashed after watching this movie. After the awesomeness of the first movie (though Megan Fox was, in my opinion, a completely uncessary and useless addition to the cast, and to this day I can never understand how LeBeuf even got her to look at him) I was giddy with excitement when I got the second film for Christmas. I eagerly popped it into the DVD player despite that strange, nagging voice in the back of my head telling me that this was not going to end well and sat back to watch.

Worst. Waste of time. Ever.

Spoiler

All of these things are what my eyes were assailed with and more, and I regret ever having heard of this "sequel."

I am NOT looking forward to this poorly-named excuse for a third movie. At least it doesn't have Megan Fox, but she'll just be replaced by someone who is, again, WAY out of LeBeuf's league.

SSLF's Resident Extraterrestrial

Future Emperor of the Known Universe

#8 Go-Go Grunt

Go-Go Grunt

Exposition Expounder

• 69 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 12:32 AM

That absurdly clumsy title can only be a reference to Unicron, and I don't care.

Either that, or it's directed specifically to sync up with "dark side of the moon" :P , which would be the only way i'd see it in theaters, or at all. Then again, I would hate for Pink floyd to be associated with Transformers, or at least the Bay version.

The second one did me in as well, i'm not laying that much time for such little reward. I like crappy movies, ask Loki, i've seen almost every Seltzerberger film probably three times. Did I enjoy them, no, but I watched them and yet, transformers 2 is a bigger waste of time, with "epic movie" I can just stare and wonder about it ("how do they keep getting funding"), with transformers 2, I sigh and leave the room.

Here's the biggest problem, will they EVER top the first movie's unicron?, no...it was big, scary, a legitimate threat, and voiced by Orson Welles, it ain't gonna get better. Also, a US/Russia space race subplot?, about what?, going to another planet or something?, I don't see how that could tie in well with robots beating the crap out of each other, and if it's supposed to be a parallel to the original space race, then I hope they reconsider.
I saw "The green hornet", i'm not ready to love again
Current album pick(s);Tangerine Dream - Phaedra ;Yes - Fragile; Om - Adviatic Songs
Currently playing; Pokemon White 2, SNES library.

#9 The Captain

The Captain

Gotta get back.

• 7,105 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:51 AM

Oh boy, I cannot wait to never ever see this! Transformers 2 was a big turning point in my life where I realised that no, paying money to sit through two hours and forty minutes of unwatchable trash to catch a glimpse of mediocrely choreographed CGI robot action is not something I will ever want to do. I tested out this theory by not seeing Transformers 2 at the theatre, and upon renting the Blu Ray a few months ago I found my hypothesis to be 100% correct. The only way it could have worked out better for me is if I hadn't rented the Blu Ray and had, in fact, never 'watched' the movie at all (I use inverted commas because I had my finger poised over the fast forward button and I went from start to credits in around forty five minutes).

So, Transformers 3 gives me an excellent opportunity to test out my new and improved theory. I won't rent the Blu Ray, I won't see the movie, I won't watch any trailers, and I'll snap my eyes shut if I ever accidentally come across any promotional material. And my life will be so much better than everyone else's; just so much better.

That absurdly clumsy title can only be a reference to Unicron, and I don't care. Mary Elizabeth Winstead could personally invite me to watch this movie projected onto the side of the Millennium Falcon and narrated by Christopher Walken and I still wouldn't see it.

Beat me to the punchline. :lol:

nY1rpGl.gif

#10 Yava

Yava

Snacks for the swarm

• Nova Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:30 AM

Ocelot really hates the 2nd movie. I can't say I disagree, though. the live action ones were both pretty bad considering I grew up in the 21st century 80s :P

#11 Xero

Xero

I will be the last

• Nova Member
  • 4,082 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:44 AM

Ocelot really hates the 2nd movie. I can't say I disagree, though. the live action ones were both pretty bad considering I grew up in the 21st century 80s :P

The 80's were in the 20th century. And you didn't grow up in the 80's.

May see this, may not. Gonna have to wait for previews.

#12 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,226 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 01:58 PM

Transformers is a guilty pleasure, it's a stupid film but if you leave your brain at the door then it's quiet a fun watch.

If by 'Transformers' you're referring to the first movie alone then I quite agree. Although I wouldn't sit down and watch the whole thing again I still watch the neater bits when I find it on TV. The scene where they use A-10s and a SPECTRE to try and kill Scorponok is really cool, and I could watch that bit where Starscream takes out a squadron of F-22s by hiding among them and transforming halfway so he's a monster with claws but enough wing-like surfaces to remain airborne to tear them apart and then changing back into a jet for some evasive maneouvres, and then more jet punching and more flying all as they tear through Las Vegas every day for the rest of my life. The dedication to using real jets and real explosives (most of the time) is something to be admired. Possibly the only thing to be admired about those movies.

Ocelot really hates the 2nd movie.

I don't know if I do. To hate something I think you have to understand it; Transformers 2 is completely alien to me. I honestly can't comprehend how it made so much money because I cannot wrap my head around the idea of watching that movie from start to finish on purpose. I can understand the grim determination that comes from having spent so much money on a movie ticket that you don't want to waste your investment, but the thought that people went out and paid money for a ticket and then willingly sat down and watched the whole movie honestly flabberghasts me. I know that people like the idea of giant robots getting into fistfights appealing because I like that idea very much myself but, even if those fistfights were as awe-inspiring as you imagine them to be and not just a confusing mess with no internal logic or continuity, they make up perhaps five percent of a bloated, overlong catastrophe of garbage that I, at least, would classify as unbearable. You can't even watch them on their own without heavy editing because they're all intercut with shots of despicable orange-faced people you hate saying things that you can't stand to hear.

#13 Rickard the Bearded

Rickard the Bearded

Local wolf girl goes 'Awoo'.

• 9,005 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

I always leave my brain at home whenever I watch Micheal Bay. But seriously, I actually liked Transformers, not because of silly things like plot but because of BOOM EXPLOSIONS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW PEW PEW RA TA TA TA TA TA TRANSORM ROLL OUT MEGATROOOOOON BPPPP-PEOOOOOOOOOOOWM REEEEEEOR KA BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM YEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHH GIMMIE YOUR FAAAAACE BOOOOOM FREEDOM SENTIENT BEINGS RAAAAAAAGH BOOOOOM HEADSHOT MORE HEADSHOT BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

And such.

wI9kNtf.gif

My Cultist Page

'Something something, navel-gazing quote from prolific author and/or philosopher'

#14 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

Mr. President of the Evil Comic Makers' Society

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

The action in the Transformers movies is good, if a little too fast-paced. The special effects are definitely good. The military technology is good. That's it. Everything else sucks.

Alan Tudyk plays Dutch, Agent Simmons' assistant.

:shock: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Posted Image

#15 Freedom

Freedom

For now, still breathing.

• Nova Member
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

The action in the Transformers movies is good, if a little too fast-paced. The special effects are definitely good. The military technology is good. That's it. Everything else sucks.

You suck... :rolleyes:

I actually saw that about a month ago since I'm a big fan of the series (It all started with Transformers: Cybertron). It's supposedly going to have a moodier and darker setting to it; a quality that I enjoy greatly.
Anybody notice that Megan Fox isn't reprising her role as Mikaela, instead inserting in Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as Carly. I'm still definetly going to watch it, but I'm afraid that the franchise will suffer from that fact because a lot of people (Men mostly) only watch the movies because she's in it, and not for the true movie making of it...so.
Quote of the Century: "Crying when you were sad was like telling the world it had won." - Semiautomagic, Good Time Harley http://forums.saber-...737#entry403636

#16 Fortiest of all K's

Fortiest of all K's

Mr. President of the Evil Comic Makers' Society

• Nova Member
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:38 AM

You suck... :rolleyes:

Oh no, you get me wrong. I meant everything else IN the Transformers movies sucks, besides those things. I didn't mean everything else but Transformers sucks. Nah, I'm no big fan of the movies.

Posted Image

#17 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:21 AM

xgd0s9.jpg

#18 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

Transformers is a guilty pleasure, it's a stupid film but if you leave your brain at the door then it's quiet a fun watch. Though even then I only watch it to see lots of US military hardware fighting alongside Opitimus prime. If maybe you could cut out those scenes and watch them alone, the film would be perfect.

I'm also secretly hoping Transformers 3 will feature the Eurofighters debut into film. They've done virtually everything in the American military now, so let's show what nice tech everyone else has got.

If I wanted to see military hardware in use I'd go watch an episode of Future Weapons.

Either that, or it's directed specifically to sync up with "dark side of the moon" :P , which would be the only way i'd see it in theaters, or at all. Then again, I would hate for Pink floyd to be associated with Transformers, or at least the Bay version.

No, it would advocate the use of pot AND Pink Floyd to make crappy movies enjoyable. Or they could animate a giant talking robotic butt-hole in a trippy psychadelic sequence (kinda like in 'The Wall' by Bob Geldof) in which Sam ingests some LSD and is talking to Optimus Christ, since he kinda died in the last movie right? I think that would make for a more interesting movie, Sam Whitwicki finds out this was all an awesome LSD trip.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

#19 Ocelot

Ocelot

• 8,226 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

That trailer was actually pretty cool. Neil and Buzz bombin' around on the moon's stupid face is always fun to think about, and with a minimum of Michael Bay-ness it's also fun to watch. Pity it's just five minutes out of a three hour movie about Shia LaBeouff shouting at robots you can't see. I've now seen all the parts of the movie I want to see.

#20 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

>mfw im judging your posts

• Nova Member
  • 4,841 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:40 PM

TRANSFORMERS 3: The Apology.

Violence & Silence: It's important for all of us.

Here's my Art Thread (it's German for Arthouse) and ArtStation.

tqtEf64.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users