Photo

UNCHARTED: A thief's end to a series he didn't create

Uncharted

• Please log in to reply
940 replies to this topic

#61 Hawk

Hawk

My name is Mabel, but you can call me the girl of your dreams.

• Nova Member
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

FIVE HOURS.

EDIT: GORRAM IT, I NEED A GOOD WAY TO PASS THE TIME. THIS IS JUST GETTING INFURIATING.

Try to beat Uncharted 2 in a speed run before the beta comes out. :P

mabel_signature.gifmabel_dance.gifmabel_kittens.gif

Takes regular visits to sweater town. 

#62 Koop

Koop

Warlord of the Imperial Senate

• 42 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

FIVE HOURS.

EDIT: GORRAM IT, I NEED A GOOD WAY TO PASS THE TIME. THIS IS JUST GETTING INFURIATING.

You could play one of the previous games. =P

#63 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 10:10 PM

You could play Baldur's Gate with me! Yay!

#64 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:26 AM

WHAT IS THIS WHY IS IT NOT THERE??

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

Also, have you considered becoming a Nova Member?

#65 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:59 AM

All regions are updated at different times of the day... I guess Europe is a little behind the US.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#66 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

HAHA! HOLY CRAP, I'M ALREADY 67% DOWNLOADED!

HOLY CRAP IT'S DONE! IT'S DONE! IT'S DONE!!!

Posted Image

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#67 Azoth

Azoth

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

• 1,314 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:24 AM

I got eet. :). Except I'm getting an error when I try to connect saying "error downloading config file." Anyone know what's up with that?

Also, I need PSNs so I can play with y'all.

Posted Image

#68 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:35 AM

Mine is so not working. Apparently I have a fairly common problem that the Dogs are trying to fix: my game freezes all the time. -_-

Plus Justin is still downloading his and it's storming. This isn't working worth a crap for me and it's pissing me off.

Anyway, it feels really different, somehow. It's hard to explain, but it really does feel... different.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#69 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:44 AM

Wow. How did this even make it out of alpha stage? These kinds problems shouldn't even be in a beta.

Wolfy and I tried it on both of our PS3's (one is the old model, one is new), and we got nothing but lag and eventual freeze-ups every time. We're calling it a night, and we'll try again tomorrow. I sure hope they fix... whatever is the problem here. :(

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#70 Azoth

Azoth

• 1,314 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:20 AM

There might be a server load that they didn't expect. With most every PSN user having Plus, that theory doesn't seem too out there.

Posted Image

#71 Ascalon

Ascalon

Legionnaire

• Nova Member
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:25 AM

My end worked fine. I only froze up once and that was at the start up screen in the middle of loading. I did notice some lag in game, but nothing that wasn't in UC2. Admittedly perhaps a tad worse. I was 5 ft away from someone and shot them in the face. They still punched me out even after they died. The worse I remember ever seeing on UC2 (though I don't really play that much) is a double punch out. However, I attribute lag to the fact that this ball just got rolling and everyone wants in.

Anyway, thus far it's been pretty good. Although I hate you guys for leaving me in a 5v2. Won, but still hate you guys. (I think Wolfy would have preferred not to have seen the end though. Nate got kicked while he was down, then tied up and it seemed to suggest that he was about to be executed.) I'm not particularly critical to games in general, but I really can't raise much complaint. The main thing that bugged me was that both the GMAL and the M9 had skeleton stocks in their pictures (and the GMAL had a cheek rise), but have solid stocks with the actual model. They didn't even have collapsible stocks. So not tacticool.

I found that the GMAL handles much better than the AK, and that you would be crazy to pick the AK over it. Slight edge goes to the AK in close range, but overall you're better off with the GMAL. Two solid bursts and you've just put someone down. Headshots seem easier too. Particularly deadly with the GMAL. I haven't had the opportunity to use the M9 in Competitive, but it handled fairly in Co-Op and I preferred it over the GMAL in that. However, I have always found that volume of fire scales better in Co-Op than it does in competitive. Admittedly I don't play that much UC2 competitive, but that's how it always seemed to me. Speaking of which, AI RPG infantry have significantly better accuracy it seems. I'm pretty sure all of my deaths were from RPGs when Harry and I were doing the Arena.

Pretty pleased with the game though. I liked the Airstrip with the dynamic map in the beginning. I was a bit confused though because after we kicked the OpFor from the Cargo Plane, I wasn't sure where they were going to come from anymore. Harry spawned behind a guy I was fighting, and then after we took him out, I got shot from behind when I was heading back to the trucks. Dunno. Was enjoyable still.

And I agree Wolfy. It doesn't feel like UC2. Personally I think the aiming is smoother, but my memory of how UC2 plays is foggy. I really like the buddy system though. Can't wait to actually use that with an actual buddy. I had good teamwork with a total stranger and we racked up the kills. I suppose something about being told "this guy is your buddy" just inspires better cooperation. I always tried to support someone in UC2, but it didn't quite have the same feeling as this. I felt like we were mutually supporting each other. I suppose that your mileage may vary, but time will tell.

Overall, the beta's outlook is optimistic. It's not mind-blowingly revolutionary, but it does improve upon UC2. I kind of hate the drop-in feature, but that's my own personal preference. Mostly because I was looking forward to winning a 5v2.

#72 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

Well, I don't know what was causing such huge problems on our end then... We could hardly do anything for the major framerate drops (possibly due to lag?) and freeze-ups. Had to reset both PS3's several times. I guess it's server issues, although I don't see why server trouble should freeze up the whole console.

We couldn't even manage to finish one game.

Sure hope it works better tomorrow. We'll try at different times of day and hope to get on during low traffic, see how it goes.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all..."

#73 Harry Monster Princess

Harry Monster Princess

Not mad. Just disappointed.

• Nova Member
  • 3,648 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

Yeah, I had tons of lag and freezing on my end too, but not as bad as you guys had. :/ But the customization is very cool, and I can't wait to get the full options for that. I especially can't wait to see what customization options I'll have for Elena. ^_^

For weapons, the M9 is easily my favorite. It's got good firepower, it's accurate, great fire rate, quick reload, it's awesome. It's like it combines the GMAL and the AK, and I think it rocks.

Also, the enemies are a lot more difficult and dangerous. They're sending out tougher guys really soon, and they're bold and dangerous. And harder to spot and identify too. There are chokers, and snipers, and armored guys, and armored shotgun guys, and RPG guys (Which are far more accurate and dangerous.)

I'm also not a fan of the dropping into a game that's in progress feature. It's dumb when you get put into a game just as it ends, or when there's a glitch in co-op and when a friend gets bumped out the spot is quickly filled by a stranger. :/

The buddy system is neat, though, and it's fun giving your buddy a high-five over a dude you took down together and getting a medal and extra points. ^_^ We all need to high-five more in co-op games. :P

^^ Click to see my Art Topic! ^^

Or check out My DeviantArt!

#74 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

Well, they released a patch late last night, guys. I'm going to go download it and get back online.

See you in the beta, like... all day. :P

EDIT: Unless the servers go down (or whatever this universal error that everyone is getting means) and the Dogs aren't even seemingly awake yet to fix it.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#75 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,183 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

EDIT: Unless the servers go down (or whatever this universal error that everyone is getting means) and the Dogs aren't even seemingly awake yet to fix it.

Well, aren't they out in CA? Time zones and all, they wouldn't be awake. After they have their coffee and head to the office, I'm sure they'll restart the servers for ya.

lWZ8e6F.png

#76 Squirrel

Squirrel

• Nova Member
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:05 PM

Knocked back a couple of games. Aside from an occasional character-freeze, I've been pretty good. The character-freezing thing is pretty irritating, especially when a grenade lands right next to you, and Sully will not run out of the way.

I host the SSLF Minecraft Server. Head on over to Red Base to get added to the whitelist. If you would like to help out with paying the hosting bills, please do donate.

Also, have you considered becoming a Nova Member?

#77 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,922 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

Well, Wolfy and I (and now Harry) are rockin' and rollin' now. Things seem to be running smoothly! *knock on wood*

Oh, and OCELOT!

The announcer lady voice! The one that's constantly reminding you to use your kick-backs! It's Jennifer Hale! :wub:

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#78 Azoth

Azoth

• 1,314 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:52 AM

Meh, still getting the error downloading config file thing and I haven't found a fix.

Posted Image

#79 Fenris

Fenris

Nom :3

• 1,476 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:20 AM

K, only 8 hours till morrow! 8 hours till I get to play! Beware, beta players, for Fenris will soon be amongst you!

#80 Semiautomagic

Semiautomagic

Truth is singular, its "versions" are mistruths.

• 609 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:56 AM

You guys were making me feel like I missed out on all the demo playing while I was wasting time at work. :P Great game, though. I got a stealth kill that was just pretty to look at. I barely got to play before my connection went out and that should be up tomorrow. So, hopefully I'll get to play then before I have to go waste more time at work.

robin-car-dance-o.gif
Semiautomagical Writings:

Don't Bring Grenades to School

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Uncharted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users