NewsLore WikiMapStories (Novels, Comics, etc.)Artwork GalleryGamesShopForum (Discussion Board)

Photo

Wulfgard Comics Discussion

Wulfgard

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#301 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,853 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

Ah, that is indeed unfortunate. Though I think it would be a stretch to call Wulfgard low-fantasy, considering all the various monsters and magic stuff we have seen in this issue alone. :Then again, it certainly does have elements of low-fantasy, so I guess it depends how you define low-fantasy.

Personally, I love both high and low fantasy if it's done right. The high-fantasy LOTR will (obviously) always be the ultimate fantasy universe, however after studying the War of the Roses rather in-depth, I personally am not upset by the current focus on low-fantasy, and I really like the elements of both that are incorporated into Wulfgard. Oh, and I assume all the Imperial and Roman vibes I'm getting were also conceived long before The Elder Scrolls went for that aesthetic? :P

Yes, we've dropped the 'low fantasy' and 'dark fantasy' monikers that we used to throw around. We're just fantasy now. For the record, we started laying the groundwork for Wulfgard in 2005. :P So yes, TES had already been doing its Empire thing for a while. But I just love ancient Rome - it's probably my favorite historical period. So Wulfgard is sort of a world in the transition period between Rome and the Middle Ages.

I'll try to have a new comic page this weekend! :)
EDIT: Okay maybe not this weekend, but trust me - it'll be worth the wait, I think. :P

-Scorp

latest_comic.png
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#302 Darknoon

Darknoon

hail hydra

• 1,274 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

^I always like to see Greek and Roman elements in fantasy, instead of just Medieval Europe copy and pasted with Elves & Dwarves. I also agree that the Romans were a pretty amazing people. The Wulfgard setting is certainly an interesting one, especially compared to some the ludicrously cliched and dull settings around at the moment (Kingdoms of Amalur). Speaking of video games, I hear Obsidian are looking for a contract, maybe a Wulfgard RPG? :P
My comic, which I'd appreciate you reading:
Posted Image

#303 mistreant

mistreant

Rookie

• 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

So Wulfgard is sort of a world in the transition period between Rome and the Middle Ages.

Ahh, good old dark ages. My favorite historical period.

Edited by mistreant, 03 March 2013 - 07:01 AM.

1.jpg

#304 Bobafettmaniac

Bobafettmaniac

Gopnik Lyfe

• Nova Member
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

Wow...Those dudes (and the dudette) are seriously cut...

Posted Image

Thanks to Burngirl for the Sig.

#305 Dagoth

Dagoth

Concept artist and wanna-be story teller

• Nova Member
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:03 AM

Wow...Those dudes (and the dudette) are seriously cut...

Yeah, an eight pack!? An eight pack! I did not even know that was possible and I'm really scared to google it and find the truth; you just don't know what will come up.

These guys do look pretty cool, though, I was getting tired of the snobby royal people and their fake sense of decency. I also like that guy's axe.

Lord Dagoth's Artwork and Concept Design Page: 

http://forums.saber-...?showtopic=9506

There, you can watch my slow, ongoing path to professional Art and Design.

Feedback would be much appreciated.

#306 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:47 PM

Well, I think we’ve been waiting entirely too long for a new comic page, and that’s the truth. Sorry, Scorp, I know art takes time and really you can’t rush it, but this is unacceptable. Leaving me hanging like this? My backside more than likely has a crease in it from the edge of my seat!

In all seriousness, I might as well admit to being a really big fan of the Wulfgard comic. I love the style you use, Scorp, and the story is perfectly engaging. I’m constantly checking back for comic updates, and to be honest there just aren’t enough for my tastes.

It’s really great to see something original so lovingly crafted and I eagerly look forward to the progress of this comic, as well as the further molding of the Wulfgard theme and universe.

On a more recent note. Do you have any more updates to share?

RNGcoloredntouched%20-%20Copy_zpsy9qggiv

... keep your paper heart away from me.

#307 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,853 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

It's true, I've been slacking way the heck off again. I could make any number of excuses, like lack of time, concentrating my Wulfgard efforts on helping Maegan finish the first novel, and the fact that I sold my main art tablet and then Samsung cancelled the release of the device I planned to buy to replace it... but those are still just excuses. In the end, I guess I really need more self-discipline. I still fully intend to continue the comic though. Maybe when I finally get that next burst of inspiration I'll bang out several pages at once and post them in a big burst to make up for the long lack of activity.

It's good to hear from someone who's interested. Helps get that old inspiration meter to sputter a little.

-Scorp

latest_comic.png
tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_mocpages.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.png

#308 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

^I always like to see Greek and Roman elements in fantasy, instead of just Medieval Europe copy and pasted with Elves & Dwarves. I also agree that the Romans were a pretty amazing people. The Wulfgard setting is certainly an interesting one, especially compared to some the ludicrously cliched and dull settings around at the moment (Kingdoms of Amalur). Speaking of video games, I hear Obsidian are looking for a contract, maybe a Wulfgard RPG? :P

God an RPG? That would be very interesting. I'd love to see a NR RPG too though. Maybe a Wulfgard RPG is what's needed to spawn the interest in both series needed to launch all the stuff the Stebbins sibblings are making into big franchises? It would be great publicity.

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#309 Trik Toral

Trik Toral

Browning Perfection

• Nova Member
  • 698 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

I'd buy it.
They've already got a world created, with landmarks, towns, geography, and a history behind it. They've got enemies, allies, a story and an art direction. All they need is programming and an engine and its practically done. I would definitely support a Wulfgard kick starter with the little money I have. I'll go on record right now and say I'd donate 150$ without even seeing a trailer.
Posted Image
Come visit us at the Firearms topic in the Nova board!
If your not a Nova you can still check out my blog "Firearm of the Week" (On indefinite hiatus)

You can follow the progress of the Magnet implanted in my fingertip and my newfound superpowers by checking out my Magnetic Blog!

#310 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'll go on record right now and say I'd donate 150$ without even seeing a trailer.

Pff. They've got 200$ waitin' for them when they launch it. Be it book, graphic novel, film, or video game. The money's theirs. 

It's good to hear from someone who's interested. Helps get that old inspiration meter to sputter a little.

Scorp, I don't even want to hear about these 'inspiration sputters' or... flutters, or... whatevers. I want to hear that you're jamming that gear-shift into high-drive and cruisin', full speed into progressive territory! So go ahead and feel free to get on that!

Yup. I know. I'm kind of bossy. I just want you to know I care about Wulfgard, and I'd love to see it go somewhere. :)

#311 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

We shall never surrender.

• 1,422 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

POPULAR

I don't know how to help you with inspiration, Saber-Scorpion, but allow me to roll a charisma check as I remind you that people are still interested.

I may not be the most  active of your forum members, but I've been a fan of your work since your days of making complicated and slightly-poorly-lit comics with Xerxes Fett.  Your work was a major talking point between me and those who would become my best friends over the years; as well as the inspiring standard by which I judge all other Lego art to this day.  As for your writing and drawing, your skill has increased as the years have passed, while your attention to detail and weaving of narrative have continued to delight and surprise.  G4M3 and Warrior Born's quality speak volumes (pun intended) of your creativity, and Wulfgard looks like it might make them pale in comparison.  From the looks of your characters to the lines they speak, you have achieved a delicate balance between referencing icons we love while showing original ideas that transcend mere fan fiction (not that there's anything wrong with that).  

Life and its random encounters will delay us all from time to time, but telling stories like this is something you are very good at, and I hope it continues to be something you love doing.  Let the inspiration strike when it will, and we will do our best to keep from gnawing off all our fingernails in anticipation.  :lego_hehe:

To summarize: We are still interested, please don't give up, and You. Are. Awesome.

gallery_15330_272_177677.gif

"Live with honor, die with glory."

#312 Amarok

Amarok

Queen's champion

• Nova Member
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

To summarize: We are still interested, please don't give up, and You. Are. Awesome.

I couldn't say it any better. Really looking forward to any updates regarding this comic or Wulfgard in general! 

emily-blunt.gif

#313 HalfBaked139

HalfBaked139

Sergeant

• 1,478 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

Wulfgard was the reason I stayed on here after reading SWYBAA and looking over your Lego stuff. And only then did I find the forums. I still check the Wulfgard comic every two weeks, just in case.

#314 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,853 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

POPULAR

dwarves03.jpg

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#315 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,352 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

Mushrooms are the bestest grub food ever.

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#316 Cutlass-Crocodile

Cutlass-Crocodile

. . .

• Nova Member
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

I love every bit of the recent chapter, Scorp! Your choices for the look of the Dwarven empire are really lovely. The art is just as vivid as the previous chapters, and I'm getting excited to see where this arc takes us.

... I also get the feeling that when Brenna finally turns around, she's going to be sporting a gorgeous beard. :P

#317 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

We shall never surrender.

• 1,422 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Splendid work, as always!  The irony of a dwarf calling himself diplomatic while wearing armor and clutching a warhammer amused me greatly.  As I said on Facebook, I was under the impression that Clan Firebeard were mountain dwarves.  Did they borrow the sand dwarves' word for the beetles?  I remember your notes saying that they were named after one of the southern/egyptian gods, but the mountain dwarves worship the Norse pantheon.  Seemed a bit out of place.

Mushrooms are the bestest grub food ever.

This human is rather partial to them as well.

I love every bit of the recent chapter, Scorp! Your choices for the look of the Dwarven empire are really lovely. The art is just as vivid as the previous chapters, and I'm getting excited to see where this arc takes us.

... I also get the feeling that when Brenna finally turns around, she's going to be sporting a gorgeous beard. :P

Thou hast taken the selfsame words out of mine own mouth, forsooth.

Ye gods, please no.

gallery_15330_272_177677.gif

"Live with honor, die with glory."

#318 Wang Fire

Wang Fire

Accidental Mahlok Expert

• Nova Member
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

D'aww, who's a cute little Khepridin larva? I shall call him "Grubby" and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Grubby. :3

Last Series Watched: RWBY

Last Movie Watched: Girls und Panzer der Film____Last Game Played: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Playlist of the Moment: Panzercraft____Song of the Moment: Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes/Glitch Mob

Last Blog Entry: On Gods and Daemons____Last Book Read: Prospero Burns

#319 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,853 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

TRIVIA QUIZ THINGY!

Dagfari and Brenna's beetle mounts are based on real world beetles. The first person to correctly identify either species gets 1 ScorpiCoin™*.

*no one has yet discovered the value of - or if there is any way to redeem - a ScorpiCoin

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

#320 broons

broons

pew pew pew

• 5,177 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

This one?

dimbeetle.png

lWZ8e6F.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users