34783926675_285c5a6e25_z.jpg

34783927575_2b4099cdcb_z.jpg

34783928205_4a9036fa75_z.jpg

34783928605_1202d979dd_z.jpg

34783929055_0afba5a7c5_z.jpg

33941701704_f9c456246e_z.jpg

33941702194_9dc710eced_z.jpg

33941702774_e348c06d03_z.jpg

The benefits of using BrickWarriors' reward points. Every last item is unreleased. I love the new curved sword, even if I have no idea where it comes from. 

Perhaps you all could help me out with it?

Anywho, not much of a showcase, but more of a, "Hey see this sweet loot!" post.

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:34 AM

POPULAR

I might be busy with a Brickfair Build, but my minifigs continue to grow. Let me introduce a very special character:

35073665675_c8333b9186_z.jpg

Wolf Queen Mav, Leader of the Deepvale Pack and close ally of the Lenarian Elementalists.

35073666745_2377de8ee9_z.jpg

35073668015_f206a7cd9e_z.jpg

First off, huge thanks to Scorp for producing the torso decals. The torso is the Savior's Hide Cuirass from Skyrim:

http://vignette4.wik...=20111121143007

The waist cloth is from Arealight Customs, vambraces from BrickWarriors, bone spear from BrickWarriors, and shoulder fur from a modified CapeMadness cape. When designing her, I wanted kind of a wild look, but one that still seemed akin to that of a ruler. Oh, I almost forgot, the leg decals are actually from the hanging bits of the torso decal. I needed something for the legs, but didn't feel like trying to Brasso or paint a pair of CMF Barbarian legs. Anyways, I really like how she turned out. The only additional detail I would love to add is a scar on the face. But hey, I gotta make due with what I have available. She should have a werewolf form, but LEGO has not produced a white werewolf yet... I am highly considering commissioning one.

35073669535_8cec180e9a_z.jpg

So, design details aside, time for me to rant a bit about some lore and stuff.

A while back, I mentioned that the Titan of Light, Leik, held an aspect of Nature called Firisnar. Well, long ago, he created great forests across the world, along with many of the creatures that dwell within them. He was also responsible for the creation of werewolves. Yes, that's right, being a werewolf is actually a blessing of a great being. Werewolves were the original guardians of the great forests. When aligned with Firisnar, they were bigger, faster, and stronger. Their fur also carried magic tattoos which provided some form of magic abilities to help them. Everything was great, until the eruption of chaos, which caused some of them ditch the forest, which ended up leading to the destruction of one great forest and the partial destruction of another. The werewolves that left, lost their forest blessing and became a nuisance to mortal kind, specifically in the west. This basically created a great division among the werewolves, which has remained unknown to mortal kind. Two factions arose, the Deepvale Pack, the last guardians of the forest, and the Bloodclaw Pack, the renegade werewolves. So where does Mav fit in?

Born to the previous Deepvale Alpha, she grew up learning of the stories of old. Where many once stood in the forest's defense, now few remained. As the years passed, the Deepvale Alpha was eventually slain by the Bloodclaw Alpha. Rather than letting her pack fall, she took the mantle as the Alpha. Some openly challenged her, but found her to be much stronger than the others. Under her rule, the pack gradually began to grow and reduce the numbers of the Bloodclaw Pack. She swiftly became known for her prowess in battle. Eventually she found herself befriending Knight Edorin Gwyn, who was also seeking to put an end to the Bloodclaws. They don't always see eye to eye (especially with him being a werewolf hunter), but her role as a forest guardian and pack leader frequently keep her away from hunting the renegades. She still rules to this very day. Those who join the Deepvale Pack have learned much from her regarding the history of werewolves and their true purpose.

Despite the unhappy look on the minifig (I needed a face that said do not @#$% with me), Mav is actually a really laid back person. She is also the only white werewolf in existence; the other was slain by Edorin (don't worry, he was kind of a bastard anyway). She is also ends up becoming a good friend of the Princess of Ankora. I'd dive more into her entire story, but like many figs before, that would take up way too much time. 

Maybe I should have my own section in writing... hmm...

----

Anywho, hope you enjoyed seeing this fig! It was a real blast to make her, and I'm already in the process of making and updating several more figs.

As usual

Decals by Saber-Scorpion

C&C is always welcome and appreciated!!!

:lego_smile:

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 717 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

Man, I really need to get some fur capes.

Awesome work, I always love the thought that goes into your characters.

I have to ask though, Wolf Queen Mav === Maverick-Werewolf ?

Puts on tinfoil hat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#44 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:57 AM

Maybe I should have my own section in writing... hmm...

I've actually mentioned this to you a while back.

You should really consider making a World-building Topic. I think it would be a really neat read.

#45 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

Wow... I'm flattered. :P

Very cool minifig.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#46 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

35867940543_3611ec4e78_z.jpg

Blame Dalton Westmoore.

That is all...

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

35867940543_3611ec4e78_z.jpg

Blame Dalton Westmoore.

That is all...

I gotta say, the main thing I miss from the previous head is the stache.

#48 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

I wish Nightstalker would post in here.

It's been to long since I've seen some of his Bad@$$ minifigs that weren't somehow related to Fantasy Funnies (fingers crossed for more of the Dark Maiden's Children!).

#49 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

1FV0sj.gif

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:51 AM

1FV0sj.gif

fry.PNG?1307468855

Can't tell if this means that you're actually going to post stuff here soon, or if you're still angry for mocking your sig-fig's perfect face.

#51 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Salt never leaves the system...  :lego_hm:

That being said, it is about time I post here again.

Soon...TM

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

37808836572_0511f03750_z.jpg

37808837432_98ca18e79e_z.jpg

37808838742_ed99d90a4e_z.jpg

Based off of my Destiny 1 Titan

http://images-eds.xb...ng&h=640&w=1138

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:21 PM

37808836572_0511f03750_z.jpg

37808837432_98ca18e79e_z.jpg

Awesome minifig!

Two questions:

1: What's the gun from?

2: What do you usually take your photos in? It looks like you and a lot of other people use some sort of white box and take the pictures of the figs in that.

#54 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 03:54 AM

The gun combines one of the Brickarms blasters with a minigun barrel. Typically, I just use a white poster board. I use to have a light box, but had to trash it.
Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:32 PM

It's Friday folks!

You know what that means?

MINIFIG TIME!!!

Nuffsaid... LET'S GO!!!

40050952961_4e6e39bc94_z.jpg

40050953751_de7875c177_z.jpg

40050954451_865a0834e2_z.jpg

40050955531_ab1d063d8d_z.jpg

Inquisitor Huric Anslow

First off, helmet, jetpack, and bracers are from AreaLight Customs. The gun is the JSF Heavy Pistol Proto from BrickArms. The face is from EclipseGrafx. The body and legs are standard TLG pieces.

In the far future, after the Order of the Holy Blade basically runs everything, the need arises to stamp out demonic filth and all who would follow the Demon King. While the paladins secure the front lines and push back the darkness, rumors of cults arise within several planets. That's where the inquisition comes in. Rather than taking people from within cities, the Inquisition pulls dangerous mercenaries and criminals into its ranks, hoping to grant them a chance at redemption. That being said, the highest ranking inquisitors keep a close eye on their inquisitor underlings.

Huric Anslow happens to be one of those said criminals. Imprisoned for aiding the once influential criminal organization, Omega, Huric was one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy. He along with several key members were eventually caught by VSF operatives. Many a year later, following the unification of the galaxy, the High Priestess requested his assistance as one of the original members of the inquisition. He was given two choices, rot in prison, or assist the war. The choice was fairly obvious. Now armed with the best equipment the Order could provide, he and several others hunt the cults that rise in the streets. It's just like bounty hunting.

40050957561_7103663f7a_z.jpg

40050958981_7030c38db4_z.jpg

Stalker: Champion of Light

Let's go over the equipment. The helmet is the Resistance helmet from BrickWarriors. Left bracer, belt, ninjato, kunai, and claw are all from Brickforge. It should be noted that the Brickforge weapons are no longer available in trans-light blue. 

The characters that have all been shown up-to-date, all belong to the same universe. However, this is not the only universe in existence. Others exist, but they happen to fall outside of the jurisdiction of the Titans. One such universe, is known as the Champions Universe. That being said, I should note that this universe is not at all a creation of mine; it was created by my bro. The two of us actively work on that universe nowadays. That aside, this is one of the many characters that exist in it.

Stalker is one of those characters. He is a Champion of Light, as opposed to a Champion of Shadow. He possesses a unique control of frost magic and stealth (yes he's a frost ninja). Along with being a Champion of Light, Stalker is also a Champion of the Forgotten. The Forgotten are a hidden group immortals, left behind to guard an ancient seal, which locked away a powerful, cosmic entity known as Legion. He protects this seal alongside two other Champions, Nightshade and Dreadfang.

Onto his backstory, which will be shortened! His real name is Akira Ishida. Of course, Ishida is his mother's maiden name. Had he been given his father's name, it would be Akira Mitsuna. Sound familiar (probably not because it's been ages since I've posted). Stalker is technically a being that was born in the Titan's universe and taken to Champion's Universe by his mother. For years, he has protected the Forgotten from various threats that have attempted to break the seal. He's a bit of a hard @$$, especially when it comes to his sister; he plays the role of, "overprotective brother," very well. That being said, he means well, always putting the safety of others above himself. I'd love to dive more into his story right now, but that's for another day.

40050960851_f5f0105b49_z.jpg

40050961381_d068bfc276_z.jpg

Nightshade: Champion of the Light

Bracers, bow, and arrow are all from Brickforge.

Stalker's younger sister, Nightshade, is yet another one of the Champions of the Forgotten. Like her brother, she is also a ninja, but she specializes in using the bow, short blade (not pictured here), and a whip, made of pure lightning, which she can summon (think Dragon's Dogma). Her bow is technically a magical catalyst, that allows her to fire magical arrows at her enemies. Now, before I get to her story, (which won't be fully explained), more pics!

40050962181_be8aa63f20_z.jpg

26177578558_98261a5103_z.jpg

Above is a picture of Nightshade without her helmet. And hey! She looks real familiar to another character!

Nightshade's real name is Kyora Ishida or Kyora Mitsuna. She's Tera's, older, twin sister. Going back to the story of Stalker, her mother managed to remove her from the Titan's universe and pulled her into the Champion's universe. The means through which she did this might be discussed later. Despite being raised in a completely separate universe, both her and her sister share similar personalities and attitudes. The only difference is their combat abilities and a few social interactions. Also, she's quite a whiz when it comes to tech, making her the Forgotten's chief engineer.

You'll hear more about her and Stalker later... once I get a minifig of their mother... one of these days...

40018024262_d1531e9c8b_z.jpg

40050966331_8878056757_z.jpg

40050967331_b4c3d077c1_z.jpg

Nightstalker: Fantasy Funnies Acquisition Unit

Belt, helmet, nightvision, watch, and gas mask are from Modern Brick Warfare. Pistol, M4, and vest are from BrickArms. Pants and head are from EclipseGrafx.

This is my military sigfig. There's no stoy here. It's just me... all me. Oh yeah, and he's part of the mythical Fantasy Funnies Acquisition Unit (FFA Unit). Ya know, the unit responsible for capturing fantasy based minifigs and misappropriating them for the entertainment of the internet.

That's right... Fantasy Funnies is run by an evil organization.

That's all for this week!

Great to be back!

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

What a great comeback!

I like all of the sci-fi figures. Your Sci-fi universe has a Warhammer 40k feel to it, which is kind of obvious now that I think about it.

But the heavy duty military guy is my favorite out of all of these minifigs: he reminds me of the Umbrella Corperation Soliders from the end of Resident Evil 7. I didn't think it was possible to make a minifig that detailed. :o

#57 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

The military guy is primarily inspired by one of the most bad@$$ characters in Resident Evil:

tumblr_miwbosq3cc1rtwdzuo1_400_by_superc

For those that haven't heard of him, his name is Hunk (aka Mr. Death). Hunk actually stands for Human Unit Never Killed.

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:31 PM

Mo' Minifigs mo' problems!

Except minifigs don't cause problems...

Where was I going with this again?

Who cares? MINIFIG TIME!!!

39465162424_e98f7b9518_z.jpg

39465162794_7a2b5cea40_z.jpg

Paladin William Telpors, Lord Commander of the Order of Lions

So, let's go over the cool pieces. Helmet and vambraces by BrickForge. Everything else is from TLG.

William Telpors is the chapter master of the Order of Lions. The Order of Lions is one of the divisions of the Paladin Order, specifically responsible for fighting vampires. He wields an old, holy warhammer called Judgment, which happens to be one of the relics of the Paladin Wars from long ago. Having survived numerous encounters, he is no stranger to the powers that vampires possess. His order is the largest chapter of the Paladin Order. The majority of paladins become Lions specifically for the Divine Armor spell, which alerts the caster when vampires are near. With the excommunication of the Order of Vengeance and Order of the Sun, he and his paladins have become the foremost crusaders of the light. It should be noted that both excommunicated orders are still vastly superior to the Lions. 

39465163344_cdfed987fb_z.jpg

26303739568_1aa3eb4ccf_z.jpg

Mercia Helmsplitter

Let's go over the cool gear! The helmet, sword, and shield are from BrickWarriors. The chest armor is the BrickWarriors Gladiatrix Armor prototype (can't wait till it releases). Lastly, the loincloth is from Arealight Customs.

Mercia was the daughter of a Hislithian noble, but all of that changed when her family's manor was assaulted by bandits. Many members of her family survived, but she was captured and sold to Dakerion slavers, who then sold her in the Savadjik Desert. Fortunately, a band of Sareeshi barbarians raided the caravan that held her. Once she arrived in the Sareeshi city, she was left with two options: survive in the world and go home, or start anew. For obvious reasons, she chose to stay. She turned out to be quite the agile fighter, and was eventually taught the unorthodox, acrobatic fighting style that many Sareeshi were renowned for using. Mercia gained the surname, "Helmsplitter," for the high number of people that died by head wounds. 

28396205239_03a04b76a2_z.jpg

28396205909_19a6141ffb_z.jpg

39278213805_88940c223b_z.jpg

Shanna Ysari

I spent a lot of time finding the perfect gear for Shanna. I eventually settled on a recolored variant of Althenia's armor combined with BrickWarriors Spiked Vambraces, TLG Spiked Shoulders, and an Arealight Customs loincloth. The hardest part was deciding what face to use, but thanks to the Thor: Ragnarok sets, I was able to get the perfect face. Of course, her weapons still remain an issue today, but I think I'm good with the dual BrickWarriors Chakrams.

Shanna was born a Sareeshi, and knows she will die a Sareeshi. Having been born to a proud huntress, Shanna received nothing more than best training from some of the greatest barbarians. She is quite skilled with thrown and bladed weapons, but is easily at home with polearms and blunt weapons. Eventually, she was given the privilege of becoming one of the royal guards for the Sareeshi Queen. Along with being a royal guard, Shanna is also in charge of all raids that occur in Savadjik. 

39278214785_08a664313b_z.jpg

Mercia and Shanna training.

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Dalton Kringle

Dalton Kringle

Wanted Dead or Alive

• Nova Patron
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

I like the minifigs from this round, especially the Order of the Lion's backstory (you really need to make a topic for worldbuilding!), but I would love to see more of the Dark Maiden's children.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, those are some of my favorite minifigs that you've made.

#60 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:51 PM

Hello everyone and welcome back to more Minifig Showcase!

So let's get to it!

[38498505880_a246ce67c5_z.jpg

38498506550_36fed93654_z.jpg

38498507210_e7244791fd_z.jpg

Let's go over the custom parts. Helmet, armor, vambraces, spurs, and greatsword are all from BrickWarriors. This guy was originally designed because I wanted to use the cape from one of the recent CMF space guys. What I ended with really surprised me.

Sir Alcott is one of the many knights from Highlands. To be more specific, he's one of the knights of Korsven. The Highlands are home to many old houses that once stood before the First Era. Often referred to as, "The Old Kingdom," the Highlands is no stranger to war. As kingdoms rose and fell by the hands of various invaders, the remaining noble houses formed powerful knight orders to create some form of unity. This ultimately resulted in the creation of many knights, each of whom had  the ability to command armies and run cities. As order and unity were restored, these knights were eventually moved solely to high-ranking, military leaders. Sir Alcott serves one of these houses, and acts as one of the defenders of the Highlands. He is frequently seen fighting the barbarians in the southern mountains. 

He is a strong and capable knight, often choosing the most direct approach to deal with his adversaries. His ferocity in battle is known to rival that of the barbarians he faces, often leading to many bloody battles. That being said, he doesn't risk the lives of his men, knowing full well that most are unable to survive such long drawn out battles.

38498507920_4e03d85394_z.jpg

38498508450_7ed1a8d8da_z.jpg

Prince Caelan Alexandros

Another pretty simple minifig, the only unique pieces are his cloak (CapeMadness) and waistcloth (Arealight Customs).

Do not be fooled by his title! Caelan is the ruler of Western Dakerion. So, before I get into who he is, time for a lore dump on Dakerion. Long ago, during the First Era, the Dakerion Empire took up the majority of the northwestern continent. The original Emperor wasn't a nice guy, so multiple houses rebelled leading to the formation of Ankora and Hislith. This shrunk the power of Dakerion, but not their hatred for the new, rebel neighbors. As time passed, one of the emperors wound up having two sons. Rather than hand the entire empire to his eldest, and thus create animosity between the two, he split the empire in two and gave each half to one of his sons.

Caelan, the eldest, has turned Western Dakerion into a military powerhouse. Because of its supreme power, he is in charge of fighting Hislith. Furthermore, he is also responsible for the protection of his people against the vampire armies of the Necropolis. Western Dakerion is very strict and often seen as a cruel place to live in. Truth be told, this is because of the nature of their enemies. Ever devoted to the reunification of Dakerion, he will stop at nothing to put down the Hislithians and his own that would oppose him. Despite being the Emperor, he is frequently seen in battle alongside his elder dragon, Malacondra.

38498509140_b81e5ed718_z.jpg

Of course, one cannot speak of Caelan without bringing up his brother Varian. Both men have great respect for each other, but their overall goal for Dakerion is slightly different.

38498509830_c0c087a95f_z.jpg

Unique Parts: The same for Caelan, but the claymore is from BrickArms.

Prince Varian Alexandros is the ruler of Eastern Dakerion. He is tasked with the conquest of Ankora. Unlike his brother, who maintains an iron grip on his land, Eastern Dakerion is a rough, lawless land. Only those nobles under the Prince's protection and the military experience any form of civility. His own citizens mean very little to him; he has been known to order executions simply because he felt like it. In terms of his goals, he would have Ankora burned to the ground, and all of its citizens enslaved. There is no desire for unification, only domination. Among the many things he is known for, the number of wives he's had executed is well known across the lands. Most of them were killed simply because he got bored of them. His most recent wife was slain for supposedly assisting the enemy, even though she wasn't. He is often scolded by his brother for the lack of respect for his own people and for his enemy. Currently, he holds back the true might of Eastern Dakerion, hoping to unleash it when Ankora is at its weakest.

That's all for this week!

Hope you enjoyed it!

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users