38 replies to this topic

#1 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Leader of the Black Lance Guild

• Nova Patron
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:10 PM

POPULAR

Alrighty ladies and gents of SSLF, it's that time again!

Every year I attend BFVA and generally show off something SSLF related (except last year). This year, I feel the need to bring us all together for a little bit of a bloodbath. That bloodbath being the arena! However, as with all SSLF related builds, I need you to make this build what it is!

So, how can YOU, the great folks of SSLF, help me? Glad you asked! Here's what I'm going to need:

1) Spectators (Everyone)

- What is an arena battle without a crowd of spectators? For every forum member, I will take up to a maximum of five different spectators. Just build a minifig (or five), and post a pic in this topic. If you don't have the parts, feel free to head on over to bricklink.com, find some pieces and give me a list. If your minifig requires decals, please just give me a description so I have something to request from Scorp. Given that this build will be 48x144, I'm going to need a lot of figs! If your figure is someone special, please feel free to include the following:

Details:

- Name (including title)

- Piece list or picture

Current Spectators

1. Nobleman Dalton - (Dalton Westmoore)

2. Nox - (Maverick-Werewolf)

3. Caiden - (Maverick-Werewolf)

4. Perky - (Burger Warrior)

5. Agnar - (Sephsekla)

6. Dargnin - (Sephsekla)

7. Yel - (Sephsekla)

2) Combatants (Novas and higher) - ALL POSITIONS ARE FILLED - NO LONGER ACCEPTING ENTRIES!!

- Okay folks, this is going to be a tad different than spectators. For starters, as to avoid any issues of bad character representation, all combatants will be on the same team. So, if you were hoping to slay another member's minifig, you're out of luck there. The other thing to note is that I will only be accepting a total of 15 10 combatants (technically 13 8, because of Admin reserved spots). So here's what I need from you guys:

Details:

- Name (including title)

- Crest: This is an emblem that will appear on a triangular shield. Feel free to use an already existing emblem, or come up with your own! Again, if it is custom, I'll just make a decal request!

- Picture or piece list

Current Combatants

1. Hawkin - (Saber-Scorpion) - Ellipsis Crest

2. Tom Drake - (Maverick-Werewolf) - Family Crest

3. Amanon - (Dalton Westmoore) - Amanon Alliance Crest

4. Sigmar Oathbreaker - (Lord_Capulet) - Broken Hammer Crest

5. Garandros - (Sephsekla) - ???

6. Althenia - (Nightstalker) - Twin Axe Crest  

7. Rynne - (Thrawnie) - ???

8. The Black Knight - (Mystery Entry) - Afro Crest

9. Edorin Gwyn - (Nightstalker) - Lion Knight Crest

10. Kain Talon - (Nightstalker) - Black Lance Crest

- In the event of receiving more than 15 10 combatants, I'll sort it out by rolling a d20 for each spot. Feel free to use gray market items as well! If you are using a character that I've already made for you, just let me know!

3) VIPs (Mods)

- Among the many spectators, there will be very important people. This follows the same rules as the spectators, with the exception that I'm limiting it to one person per Mod. Just need a name and picture/parts list.

Current Mods

1. Inquisitor Marcus Capulet - (Lord Capulet)

4) Honored Guest (Admins)

- As always, our Admins will have a specific spot designed for them. At the current moment for Scorp, I was thinking of using a variant of King Scorp (from SYWBAA) and an entourage of Scorpion Guard. For Mav, well, I have my Wolf Queen Mav fig and an entourage of werewolf guards that will be supplied. If these sound good, just let me know, if not, just tell me what you want!

Current Admins

1. King Scorpion - (Saber-Scorpion)

2. Wolf Queen Mav - (Maverick-Werewolf)

5) Out of Place Minifigs (Everyone)

- For this category, just leave a minifig that sure as heck shouldn't be in a fantasy setting, or is just plain out of place. Given the high amount of figs I want to have here, I have room for some cameos. The number I use ultimately depends on how easy it is to sneak them in.

That's it for now! If you guys have more questions, feel free to ask! If not, then get building! 

- Nick  

Local SSLF Builder
Blade of the Darkmoon - A Spirit of Vengeance has Invaded!
Warrior of the Sun - Praise the Sun!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Saber-Scorpion

Saber-Scorpion

Pandinus imperator.

• Webmaster
  • 7,869 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:01 AM

At the current moment for Scorp, I was thinking of using a variant of King Scorp (from SYWBAA) and an entourage of Scorpion Guard. For Mav, well, I have my Wolf Queen Mav fig and an entourage of werewolf guards that will be supplied. If these sound good, just let me know, if not, just tell me what you want!

Works for me! Feel free to spice him up a bit with some accessories, if you like. Whatever you think looks cool. :P And if you don't want him to wear the crown, honestly the new Han Solo hair is pretty spot-on for my usual hair. :lol: I'm thinking of painting one dark brown for a new sigfig...

-Scorp

latest_comic.png

tinyicon_rss.pngtinyicon_facebook.pngtinyicon_twitter.pngtinyicon_flickr.pngtinyicon_deviantart.pngtinyicon_tumblr.pngtinyicon_pinterest.pngtinyicon_instagram.pngtinyicon_googleplus.pngtinyicon_patreon.png

#3 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,430 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:16 AM

This sounds like a splendid undertaking!  I'm guessing VIPs would also need to stick to your fantasy universe's lore?  Because I might have to design something from scratch, but hey, more fun for both of us.  I've been playing around with ideas for different officer uniforms using existing parts or decals, and the idea of some kind of Admiral on leave really sounded fun for my VIP at the arena.  I'll gladly ask further questions or brainstorm with you here, or in PMs, whatever suits you best.

Thank you for doing this project, especially on a yearly basis!  This is going to be fun to help with and watch as it grows.

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#4 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:55 PM

Honestly, since this is a generic fantasy build, you could make a character from any fantasy setting. So... if you wanted to add a Wulfgard Inquisitor for your character, you are free to do so!

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,175 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:29 AM

Ooh, this is awesome! :D I love your Mav minifig (and of course lots of werewolves), so that'd be perfect. I feel the need to ask, though - any chance you could throw in your Tom Drake minifig with the Wolf Queen? :P If not, that's totally fine, too. I just got very giddy seeing Tom in your builds last time.

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#6 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:25 AM

That had been the plan! He'll probably take one of the combatant slots.
Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

Supreme Alpha Male. Also the Last Jedi.

• Nova Patron
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:54 PM

Alright, I'm going to give you some minifigs to add to this, since I'm planning on attending this year:

Spectators:

1: Plain Dalton:

Head & Hair: The head you use for my sig-fig

Body: https://i.ebayimg.co...7Uvu/s-l300.jpg

Legs: https://img.bricklin...970c00pb195.png

Nobleman Dalton:

Head & Hair: The hair you use for my Sig-fig, but with this face with the moustache: https://img.bricklin...3626cpb1804.png

Body: https://www.bricklin...pb0574c01.jpg?0

Legs: https://www.bricklin...0c00pb044.jpg?0

Now for the Combatants. If there's enough space, I'd like you to use both, but if not, you can choose your favorite.

Dalton Westmoore:

If you like, you can use the Dalton that you already have, but I'd like it if you would try to make a commission of the drawing he's based on. The helmet would be the only tricky part: maybe it would be this type of helmet with a decal over it?

Amanon:

You can use this as a reference image, but here's a parts list if you want it.

Hair: https://www.interior...part/1467-1.jpg

Head: https://img.bricklin...3626cpb0620.png

Torso: https://www.bricklin...pb0537c02.jpg?1

Arms: grey, with a flesh tone scorp decal like the ones on Wolfy's Nathan Drake minifig

Hands: brown

Legs: brown

Cape: brown

Weapon: Brickwarriors Battle Axe

Happy Building!

#8 Lord_Capulet

Lord_Capulet

Justice for All.

• 1,430 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:41 AM

Honestly, since this is a generic fantasy build, you could make a character from any fantasy setting. So... if you wanted to add a Wulfgard Inquisitor for your character, you are free to do so!

In that case, allow me to list the parts for you!  Colors will be simple, with pretty much all black, though there may be some parts or decals that you may not have acquired yet.  I will list alternatives wherever possible, should you need to cut costs or if the originals are unavailable.

Inquisitor Marcus Capulet

Head: I went with this, but I shaved scraped the goatee off with a knife and the head was otherwise undamaged.  If that's too hard to find, this or that one will do nicely.  Not sure if he'd be wearing his helmet while watching an arena match, but if you want to get him one, Brickwarriors' jousting helmet is the closest I've found to how I imagined it.

Neck: You'll need Brickforge's neck armor, plus the arched pauldrons, though the plain round ones are completely fine.  I had to paint my neck armor black since they only had grey in stock at the time, but it seems they've reversed their stock with black neck armor in supply, and no black pauldrons.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Torso: Plain black, with the two tabard decals from Scorp's shop here.

Arms/Hands: Black, with black hands.  I used these vambraces (also painted black), but if you have the Brickwarriors version, they are more than acceptable.  

Legs: Black again, with the leg armor decals from Scorp's Inquisitor pack (see torso section)

Weapons: The Brickwarriors city watch halberd is his primary, but since it'd be hard to explain carrying that in an official capacity, he'd probably just have his sidearm, the Brickarms Damien Blade in black, and feel horribly exposed if something goes wrong.

Accessories: A plain black cape, if you can spare one.  If not, he looks just fine with his armor and tabard.

I can post pictures of the complete minifig when I get home, if you so desire.  Please let me know if you require further information, and thank you again for doing this!

gallery_15330_272_435418.gif

#9 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:34 AM

Awesome work you two. I'll start compiling the pieces and decals this week.
Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:41 PM

OP has been updated!

An order has been placed and the parts are on their way! Decal orders will go out on Friday!

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

As promised, here's an update:

Minifigs

- Pieces for Inquisitor Capulet and Amanon are on their way.

- Nobleman Dalton is finished.

- Decals for Inquisitor Capulet and Amanon are also on their way.

- Pieces for King Scorp and the Scorpion Guard will be ordered this week.

MOC

- Base plates have been gathered.

- Display frame design is being finalized. It'll be four studs high, one stud wide, and covered by a layer of tiles. Shields will also be mounted on the frame for each gladiator.

Small update I know, but expect more as progress continues.

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

Update Time!

42201371221_32f7748df6_z.jpg

Nobleman Dalton and Amanon

40239135670_3f11715e57_z.jpg

Inquisitor Marcus Capulet

Stuff for the Scorpion Guard and King Scorp will be ordered this weekend along with the pieces to start the base of the build. Keep the minifig suggestions coming folks! I still have plenty of room to fill up!

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:48 PM

This is probably a pipe dream, but I think it would be cool if some of the more memorable members of the Scorpiontowne Guard showed up.

The ones I'm thinking of are Thrawn, Joker, Sgt. Crusty, and Ocelot, but its up to you.

#14 Sephsekla

Sephsekla

Il Mentore

• Nova Patron
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 12:22 PM

If this is still open for business then I will definitely post something shortly. I hope.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Except cancelling Firefly. Because that's just not cool.

#15 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:23 PM

Oh, I am always open for business!
Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:49 PM

Update Time, Update Time, Update Time, it's Update Time!

41797936484_2165320a72_z.jpg

The frame for the arena is finished! And I'm somehow still on schedule (for once in my building life)! 

41797937014_2b99054600_z.jpg

The frame stands four bricks high and is covered by a layer of dark bley plates. You'll notice these lovely, blank shields in the frame. These are for the gladiator crests. Remember, each combatant needs to post a crest, so I can get it up on these shields. It adds just a little more style to the build!

That's it for the build updated, but don't worry, I have minifig updates!

First off, the Elite Scorpion Guard is finished. These glorious figs will be posted alongside King Scorp sometime this week. Speaking of our beloved Admins, the parts for two more werewolves will be in as well, taking care of Wolf Queen Mav and her Elite Wolf Guard (sooo tempted to just write Wulfgard).

Which brings me to my next little issue... I STILL NEED FIGS!!!

I'm still accepting stuff literally till the week of BFVA2018 (which is the last week of July/first week of August). Remember, depending on your forum status, you can submit numerous figs! While I can fill the stands with many of my own creations, I'd really love to get more SSLF folks in. I don't care if you pull from Errant, Wulfgard, some game, your own creation, just so long as it lands in the castle/fantasy range!

So help ya boi Nightstalker out!

That is all, stay tuned for more updates this week!

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:14 PM

You're free to use the version of me that you abuse use in Fantasy Funnies, like I suggested in my post.

Plus, if nobody else from Errant demands, Caiden and Perky should show up: hopefully with Caiden punching a Troll.

#18 Burger Warrior

Burger Warrior

Hulloo! :3

• Nova Member
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 10:57 PM

Well hey Percula's just a transparent yellow stud with ice magic that belies her size :V

tumblr_llkqvk7B7F1qbyfy7o1_400.gif?w=480

#19 Dalton Westmoore

Dalton Westmoore

• Nova Patron
  • 3,105 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 05:16 AM

Or, you could do a human sized one, by changing the official Tinker Bell fig.

#20 Nightstalker

Nightstalker

• Nova Patron
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 12:49 PM

42543018232_eae83442c7_z.jpg

Wolf Queen Mav and her Elite Wolf Guard

42543020192_7082960e06_z.jpg

King Scorp and the Elite Scorpion Guard

Keep 'em coming folks! Another update will be coming this week!

Local SSLF Builder
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users