Photo

The music topic for serfs and peasants

• Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

#461 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:21 PM

I found this song on my "80s, 90s, and Today" station on Slacker Radio, so take that as you will.

However, I kind of love it. Dat clapping.

Slight language warning.

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#462 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

Incidentally this video happens to have the coolest game character ever as a background image.

xgd0s9.jpg

#463 Lukas Exemplar

Lukas Exemplar

Arr! Both a piraty slang and Old Norse for 'warrior'

• Nova Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:05 AM

So, I only just realized how much big of an opportunity this thread would give me to rave about my love for the Danish, English-singing, alternative rock band Cryoshell, both as a fan of BIONICLE (mostly generation 1 of course) and the band itself, and tell all of you who my favorite female singer of all time is...

First Trigger.

And to all of you who say that Creeping In My Soul

is similar to Bring Me To life by Evanescence

Well, you would be right. I agree. But Christine Lorentzen's (or "Lore" as she's also known as on stage) unique vocal style makes up for that perfectly.

They also had a music video where Lore reminds me strangely of Rey from The Force Awakens.

And for anyone wondering if they could do it live? Yes they can! Most certainly. Just listen to that voice, dang! I love that raspyness that sometimes come up in it.

There was also that time when Christine had to go on maternity leave for a while, and Niels Brinck gave us this ltitle gold nugget

For anyone who want the instrumental, here it is:

Now, during this maternal leave, Christine was temporarily replaced by the singer Tine Midtgaard, who had just recently been a finalist the Danish X-Factor. She was a good singer, but not at all the same quality or with the same nuances in her voice as Christine, and I found it completely unnecessary to re-record some of the songs with her voice.

Cryoshell was originally formed by the creative advertising agency Copenhagen Advance for LEGO, to use in promotional material for their BIONICLE line, and thus the band and its songs became iconic for us BIONICLE fans. The band wanted to go and play live after this, but sadly they never had the time. They began as a commercial project, but became an actual band, and anyone who are fans of them, and still haven't heard the news, the band are finally together again, and are going to create some new tracks for a new environmentally-focused science fiction film project by Christian Faber (one of BIONICLE's most influential creators) called Rebel Nature. I hope they stick together and begin to perfom live this time!

Also, check out their website. It's the best band website ever! http://cryoshell.com/

To close out, Closer To The Truth. It is pretty rockin'!

Me at a library: Where is it? Oh! I didn't notice the book among all those books.
Lukas S.

#464 Joe

Joe

Sergeant Major

• Nova Member
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 02:15 PM

Jonathan Young's cover of Mob Psycho 100's opening is freaking amazing.

Part of the modding team for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King, a dark ages mod for Crusader Kings II set in the British Isles and Gaul.

#465 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:22 PM

David Bowie is dead man... I still can't believe it.

xgd0s9.jpg

#466 Ryoma

Ryoma

There's something weird in Gravity Falls.

• Nova Member
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:57 PM

I've been fascinated by this video for the past few days. I keep watching it, looking at all the incredibly bizarre imagery. I honestly can't tell if it's a good video or not, or even if I like it.

The song has been stuck in my head tho. 

256d2e8.gif1znoity.gifzkpr3q.gif

If I'm not the smart guy, who am I?

#467 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:57 PM

xgd0s9.jpg

#468 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:57 AM

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#469 Spark

Spark

Guardians make their own fate.

• Nova Member
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:23 AM

All right, I know I put this in the Final Fantasy topic a while back, but you guys.

VG soundtrack of the year seems pretty in the bag to me.

PXwSeJy.png

(Click to go to my Tumblr!)

#470 God-Emperor Thrawnie

God-Emperor Thrawnie

REPENT

• Super Mod
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

There's a difference between not caring for laws, and thinking it's okay to have sex with underage children.

UBQLqv7.png

#471 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:15 PM

M E M E

A

G

I

C

xgd0s9.jpg

#472 assassinfred

assassinfred

Gifting is better than lifting.

• Nova Member
  • 3,611 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:02 AM

decidueye_fan_button_by_morshute-damoqcu

#473 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

xgd0s9.jpg

#474 Azoth

Azoth

Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

• 1,314 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image

#475 Maverick-Werewolf

Maverick-Werewolf

Alpha Leader

• Forums Administrator
  • 12,157 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

gallery_3_16_497424.gif

#476 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade

The mandible was found on the Greek mainland at Pyrgos Vassiliss

• 52 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:36 PM

Honestly one of the greatest things I've ever heard.

Categories:  Apartment buildings in Wisconsin | Buildings and structures in Milwaukee | Hospital buildings on the National Register of Historic Places in Wisconsin | National Register of Historic Places in Milwaukee

At the time of his death, he was one of the most acclaimed scientists in Europe.

#477 Dark Link

Dark Link

Legionnaire

• 384 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

Been diving back into old-school Rise Against as of late, nothing beats those chunky basslines

#478 Dave Greenblade

Dave Greenblade

The mandible was found on the Greek mainland at Pyrgos Vassiliss

• 52 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:08 AM

Been diving back into old-school Rise Against as of late, nothing beats those chunky basslines

That's not old school Rise Against, that's mainstream pop-rock Rise Against.

Categories:  Apartment buildings in Wisconsin | Buildings and structures in Milwaukee | Hospital buildings on the National Register of Historic Places in Wisconsin | National Register of Historic Places in Milwaukee

At the time of his death, he was one of the most acclaimed scientists in Europe.

#479 Dark Link

Dark Link

Legionnaire

• 384 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

That's not old school Rise Against, that's mainstream pop-rock Rise Against.

True, it was a major label release, but compared to The Black Market and what they've released of Wolves it shares more in common with stuff like Revolutions Per Minutes than it does to anything they've released since Zach Blair replaced Chris Chasse. I guess I kind of divide them into three eras, early stuff like The Unravelling and their EPs, old-school stuff with Chris Chasse and new stuff with Zach Blair. Just my own personal way of categorizing them, though, makes the most sense to me.

#480 Risk

Risk

• Nova Member
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:29 AM

xgd0s9.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users